Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1042203 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (628) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ratedree: 1:53am On Dec 31, 2021
Your last line sums it all up. Thanks

Prettiepearlz:

This is really sad. He only thought of himself alone. In my opinion, he didn't think of the good education and life opportunities the children could get. In the long run, the children would despise him and this gra gra ends when the children turns 18, he wouldn't have the legal binding on them again and boom she can sponsor them since I read that you can now sponsor your ward of 21/22 years of age ( can't say precisely) and they may cut contact with him. People like this were probably missing in action when it comes to taking care of the kids. She may have been the only one taking care of them both financially and physically but he knows he has a legal power and he used it. As for the woman, she didn't get proper guidance. In her case, she should have tried to get full custody of the kids, that's what is usually advised for single parent instead she went to forge documents. She went about this the wrong way. I hope they all find peace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:19am On Dec 31, 2021
ratedree:
I am happy you sharing this story so that people can learn from it. it is mine. I am a PR in canada and yes went through a lot fighting for my girls to stay back because they are the major reason i came here. I am also happy and not surprised to read the many comments and diverse views. Indeed it is very easy to judge a situation when one has no idea of the back story.

Like many said, it is indeed true that my poor kids are at the receiving end in all of this. I won't waste thousands of dollars going to court to fight for them if i did not feel unjustly treated. I surely intended to bring them to Canada and informed their dad of my intentions by myself before things went sour.

I relocated for a better life for myself and the girls and i had been their primary parent for 8 years before their return. It was indeed a big change for them to have to return to new primary parents and begin to get used to other people's way of doing things. That is my worry and not the blame game.

But one thing is sure, there is more than meets the eyes. I certainly will not put my kids through untold hardship intentionally. To all readers, whatever you can learn from this story please learn and i am willing to share more from my experience to anyone in a similar situation and does not know what to do. Mistakes are to be learned from.

You sound like you are the Irene Onuoha in the story. If yes, are the girls back in Canada? And I am so sorry you had to go through all this. I hope you find closure and peace in everything that concerns you.

EsoEso, Shoeshineguy Wisdom7400 Please read this as she sounds like she is the mother of the kids in question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:26am On Dec 31, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

You sound like you are the Irene Onuoha in the story. If yes, are the girls back in Canada? And I am so sorry you had to go through all this. I hope you find closure and peace in everything that concerns you.

EsoEso, Shoeshineguy Wisdom7400 Please read this as she sounds like she is the mother of the kids in question.
read her response again she admitted she is the one. All i can say is omoooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wisdom7400(m): 7:16am On Dec 31, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Yes i just read it. Na wa o I wish them well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2021
PanicButton:

Oh *dances on you guys behalf*. I just recieved my stamped passport today. I had submitted to VFS Abuja who then transmitted to Accra I suppose. I submitted via UPS on the 10th of November. My Visa was issued on the 12th of December, and I received it today. So give or take you get your passport back 2 weeks after it is stamped. All the best you guys, we are rooting for you all!

Thanks for sharing, so that's about 6 weeks door to door for Abuja VFS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:13am On Dec 31, 2021
Allegory:

Wow I've been waiting so long to hear this. Really happy for you guys in advance lol. I really admire your patience and positivity throughout this process. Cant wait to read PPR gist.

Yes o, even though we never receive the PPR for hand, we don already receive am for mind, na the letter remain cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maak400: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2021
Please I'm trying to make payment for WES with my access bank ATM card but it's not going through. Is this payment option not acceptable?
Prettiepearlz:

The outcome is dependent on what wes will evaluate your diploma certificate as. So I will say submit both and give it a try, you have nothing to lose and you won't be paying extra. I just hope you included the diploma at the point of registration for WES. If not , you can send them a mail to include that since your evaluation is yet to start.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:35am On Dec 31, 2021
maak400:
Please I'm trying to make payment for WES with my access bank ATM card but it's not going through. Is this payment option not acceptable?
The amount is above the $100 limit. If you have a gtb account, please use a GTBank card. I am not sure if Access bank has increased their card limit to $200 but I am sure of GTB.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2021
ratedree:

But one thing is sure, there is more than meets the eyes. I certainly will not put my kids through untold hardship intentionally. To all readers, whatever you can learn from this story please learn and i am willing to share more from my experience to anyone in a similar situation and does not know what to do. Mistakes are to be learned from.

Thanks for sharing. I suspect you can sponsor them when they are 18 and no longer minors needing consent from their other parent. And visit often in the interim, if possible.

Best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maak400: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks a lot, I'll try using GTB
Prettiepearlz:

The amount is above the $100 limit. If you have a gtb account, please use a GTBank card. I am not sure if Access bank has increased their card limit to $200 but I am sure of GTB.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2021
ratedree:
I am happy you sharing this story so that people can learn from it. it is mine. I am a PR in canada and yes went through a lot fighting for my girls to stay back because they are the major reason i came here. I am also happy and not surprised to read the many comments and diverse views. Indeed it is very easy to judge a situation when one has no idea of the back story.

Like many said, it is indeed true that my poor kids are at the receiving end in all of this. I won't waste thousands of dollars going to court to fight for them if i did not feel unjustly treated. I surely intended to bring them to Canada and informed their dad of my intentions by myself before things went sour.

I relocated for a better life for myself and the girls and i had been their primary parent for 8 years before their return. It was indeed a big change for them to have to return to new primary parents and begin to get used to other people's way of doing things. That is my worry and not the blame game.

Options - stay in Canada, obtain your citizenship, go back to Nigeria to parent your girls, then return to Canada with them once they turn 18. Your ex-husband is quite vicious.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2021
LAST DAY of the year RESULT. IELTS win for me...Bye to IELTS...praying success for those yet to write.

L-8.0
W-7.5
S-7.5
R-8.5

CRS - 490

44 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maak400: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
My brother has GTB account, can I use it to make the payment? Thanks.
Prettiepearlz:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
maak400:
My brother has GTB account, can I use it to make the payment? Thanks.
Yes, you can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maak400: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks a lot
Prettiepearlz:

Yes, you can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ladygracy: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Qwertyuser:
LAST DAY of the year RESULT. IELTS win for me...Bye to IELTS...praying success for those yet to write.

L-8.0
W-7.5
S-7.5
R-8.5

CRS - 490
Great result, which resources did you prepare with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
Update guys, I got the best new year gift.

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Make I go drink beer and peppersoup first, I'm still in shock.
Olisa222:
Who wrote BC ielts today cry
The thing hard no be small. I'm tired of writing ielts o, its frustrating. How can i have a sharp 2.1 and be battling this rubbish exam. Its demoralising, I'm fed up.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by moyin29: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
Congratulations
Olisa222:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ladygracy:
Great result, which resources did you prepare with.

Thanks. IELTS LIZ and Cambridge

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
ratedree:

I could imagine how traumatized this whole experience has been for you and the kids. I do hope you and your ex husband can reach common grounds and make informed decisions best for your kids. And has there been any mistakes made along the way that resulted to all these, then amends can be made. Not for the game of win or lose but for the best interest of your kids. I sincerely wish you luck and strength to sail your ship to a safe shore through this turbulence times.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2021
TWoods:

Your ex-husband is quite vicious.
Pls refrain from such remarks. You know nothing about him.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wisdom7400(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
Olisa222:

Congratulations. Mine is just showing "result" only. Cant view the results
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aka2003: 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
TWoods:

Your ex-husband is quite vicious.

Perils of a one sided story. Do not assume anything if you do not know the whole story. Do not rush to judgements!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aka2003: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

This is really sad. He only thought of himself alone. In my opinion, he didn't think of the good education and life opportunities the children could get. In the long run, the children would despise him and this gra gra ends when the children turns 18, he wouldn't have the legal binding on them again and boom she can sponsor them since I read that you can now sponsor your ward of 21/22 years of age ( can't say precisely) and they may cut contact with him. People like this were probably missing in action when it comes to taking care of the kids. She may have been the only one taking care of them both financially and physically but he knows he has a legal power and he used it. As for the woman, she didn't get proper guidance. In her case, she should have tried to get full custody of the kids, that's what is usually advised for single parent instead she went to forge documents. She went about this the wrong way. I hope they all find peace.
You have a good point. However this is only one side of the story. Ask yourself how this would have played out if the gender roles were reversed ie the man took the kids to Canada without the lady’s consent or better put, the lady decided to withdraw her consent at some point in the process.The man would probably be termed a kidnapper and in this social media age probably loose his income source and be deported from Canada( as a result of the backlash from social media). Media would be awash with stories of how an African man tried to seize the children. I am not trying to turn this into a gender war. My whole point is do not rush to judgement. The man has taken a decision based on the information he has and no one not in his shoes has the moral right to second guess his decision. I am in no way supporting what the man has done, I am also not condemning his decision as he alone knows why he did it.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ratedree: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
The experience is better left unimagined! Thank you for your kind words. Whenever you say a prayer, pray for the girls to be okay wherever they are.

quote author=EsoEso post=108965796]
I could imagine how traumatized this whole experience has been for you and the kids. I do hope you and your ex husband can reach common grounds and make informed decisions best for your kids. And has there been any mistakes made along the way that resulted to all these, then amends can be made. Not for the game of win or lose but for the best interest of your kids. I sincerely wish you luck and strength to sail your ship to a safe shore through this turbulence times. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by WeAreDLucky1s: 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello Everyone,

It has truly been a long while here, I needed the break for my sanity and mental health,

Compliment of the season and this is to a hopeful year ahead - Happy New Year 2022!

I am posting this here to actually give hope to anyone because I can only tell you to keep trying and never relent - but never try Canada Only!

Yesterday - 30-12-2021 made it exactly 2years that I have submitted my application/AOR (30-12-2019) Express Entry - FSW-O - Ottawa VO (Application confirmed approved since Mar 2020) yet no PPR! till date.

Today, I now have my Visa for the UK for Masters.

Tomorrow (figuratively) if Canada/PPR comes I may consider my options.

Please, give every chance a shot in 2022 - It is never too late to try.

Best of luck to everyone and Happy Holidays.

Happy New Year 2022!

I hope this is helpful and inspiring.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gummygummy(f): 12:46am On Jan 01, 2022
IRCC Happy New year ooo. From loyal and humble applicants and applicants in waiting all over Nigeria. May the new year bring unprecedented speed to our processing.

Happy New Year Everyone. Hold on strong and have faith.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:57am On Jan 01, 2022
ratedree:

Hallo sis! Thank you for showing up. I'm sure someone must have informed u this story is trending on this FSW thread, hence u joining up in the conversation. I'm sorry for all the trauma. I can only imagine how this whole stuff must have been.

Good that you have clarified to us all readers what is certain in bold above. We can't ever know what really happened and thus should stop the blame game as we're all mortals and ever prone to mistakes..

I pray u find peace, happiness & contentment in all u do; also, the wisdom to take the right decisions as regards your girls... It's well!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pearlmadeit: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2022
Olisa222:

I can't view my result ooo. HELP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Layohrt(f): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2022
Olisa222:

Please when did you register for the IELTS, I thought Nigerians can't register for now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by philaw(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2022
WeAreDLucky1s:
Hello Everyone,

It has truly been a long while here, I needed the break for my sanity and mental health,

Compliment of the season and this is to a hopeful year ahead - Happy New Year 2022!

I am posting this here to actually give hope to anyone because I can only tell you to keep trying and never relent - but never try Canada Only!

Yesterday - 30-12-2021 made it exactly 2years that I have submitted my application/AOR (30-12-2019) Express Entry - FSW-O - Ottawa VO (Application confirmed approved since Mar 2020) yet no PPR! till date.

Today, I now have my Visa for the UK for Masters.

Tomorrow (figuratively) if Canada/PPR comes I may consider my options.

Please, give every chance a shot in 2022 - It is never too late to try.

Best of luck to everyone and Happy Holidays.

Happy New Year 2022!

I have the following things for sale (Honda CRV 2003, Washing machine, Inverter, AC 1&1.5hp, Generator 6.5KVA, Freezer, Fridge, Dinning set, Air Frier, Microwave, CrockPot Pressure Cooker, Fruit juice maker, Gas burner(uses battery for fire)+cynliner, Printer, study table+Chair) ---I am in LAGOS-Mainland. DM me if interested or telegram handle: @D_DarkHorse

I hope this is helpful and inspiring.I'm interested in the Honda dev

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (628) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: SemperFid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.