Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050029 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wisdom7400(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2022
Pearlmadeit:

I can't view my result ooo. HELP
Me too i cant view mine. Says not available
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 10:43am On Jan 01, 2022
KlausMike:

Congratulations on your visa!

Are you please able to point me to a link / help with the procedure you followed to send your passport to VAC for stamping? The request letter from IRCC isn’t very specific, plus I did not get much information from VAC Nigeria website.

Thanks

Gather all documents required by IRCC and your VFS:

1. International Passport(s)

2. 2 Passport Photographs (see further instructions below in addendum 1)

3. Passport Request Letter (aka ready for visa mail)

4. Duly filled Height and Eye Colour Chart. (A single form containing details for every member of the family)

5. IMM008 for those with a change in family composition (by a birth, death, marriage or divorce, etc)

6. 1 CVAC form. With only page 2 filled in by PA. Do not fill pages 3 & 4. Also advisable to fill in Caps. Ink color doesn't matter.

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to the VFS centre where you reside: Abuja or Lagos. Since I reside in Abuja, I sent mine to Abuja via UPS. You do not have to pay any fee if your submission centre also served as where you did your biometrics. That is: if you are submitting to Abuja and you did your biometrics in Lagos, you'd have to pay the transmission fee.

VFS sends to Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Addendum 1.
-2 recent passport photos per person.
-Not older than 6 months
-In Canadian PR dimension (refer to photo chart)
-1 detailed copy with the name and DOB of the person at the back. Below that, write or stamp the Name
& address of photo studio with date photo was taken.
-A second copy for each person is left plain

Other Things to note:

1. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
2. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL or any other courier to return.

26 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrKong: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2022
Saskatchewan e joor e shaanu mi na

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rawe45: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Layohrt:

Please when did you register for the IELTS, I thought Nigerians can't register for now
Thats for MOD/IDP.. British council is the alternative

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Layohrt:

Please when did you register for the IELTS, I thought Nigerians can't register for now
I registered in October, wrote December.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2022
Wisdom7400:

Did you get a mail from them? IDP for now hasn't pasted theirs for some people. I used BC

Log in, Click the horizontal lines on the right, click tests and results or so, scroll down to results, it's there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
Pearlmadeit:

I can't view my result ooo. HELP
BC or IDP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
GraciousWords:
Liispa, PanicButton, Ogaboss01, Gbemmyusuf, or anyone else, please have you got your COPRs yet? Which VFS did you use and how long did it take from when you sent passports out through DHL to when it was returned.

#OttawaGangOf2019&2020 #Gangof2019&2020&even2021 from all VOS, start getting ready, our PPRs are on the way. An old but valuable post from Living in Canada thread about preparing for Canny:
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/178#70610456

*Edited*

HI!! So sorry just seeing this. I sent it directly to Accra VFS in November, everything took exactly 2 weeks. But I don't think its that quick anymore though, like 3 weeks (maybe because of the holiday period)

Hope this helps!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
Happy new year everyone!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KlausMike(m): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
PanicButton:

Damn! So detailed! shocked

YOU ARE THE BEST! THANKS BRO! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2022
Liispa:

HI!! So sorry just seeing this. I sent it directly to Accra VFS in November, everything took exactly 2 weeks. But I don't think its that quick anymore though, like 3 weeks (maybe because of the holiday period)

Hope this helps!

Definitely helps, thanks very much. Ghana VFS 3 weeks is fair.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pearlmadeit: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2022
Happy New Year good people!

May our blessing S overflow....
S uccess in IELTS and TEF
S peedy ECAs
S ensible employer reference letter
S hort medical appointment dates
POF S upplied
Backlog Inventory S maller
PPRs S ent
ITA from all program draws S erved

cheesy

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tuke360: 2:46am On Jan 02, 2022
This is wishing you all a very Prosperous New Year ahead!

Seems I am mixing up the information and I need the gurus in the house to guide me.
First I have evaluated my master's degree but I was running my own company years before the master's degree.
I have written IELTS but couldn't enter the pool because my score was low and needed employment offer to boost my score. I now have Open Work Permit and Employment Offer which gave me the needed score.
My worry is MUST my education tally with my job description (NOC) to be qualify for express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 6:53am On Jan 02, 2022
Tuke360:

Seems I am mixing up the information and I need the gurus in the house to guide me.
First I have evaluated my master's degree but I was running my own company years before the master's degree.
I have written IELTS but couldn't enter the pool because my score was low and needed employment offer to boost my score. I now have Open Work Permit and Employment Offer which gave me the needed score.
My worry is MUST my education tally with my job description (NOC) to be qualify for express entry?

No! Your education must not tally with your job description to qualify. You can study husbandry, and be a programmer. That's fine!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pearlmadeit: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2022
Pearlmadeit:

IDP please
I tried here https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx and
https://ielts.idp.com/results/check-your-result here, and still no show.
I got a mail this morning that my result has been released
I can now view it.
Mama I made it ���

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tuke360:

Pls read page 1 throughly, it will be a blessing to you this new year.

Statement in red: no, full details on page 1

Statement in green: For express entry arranged employment in NOC 0, A or B gives 50 extra CRS points (NOC 00 gives 200 extra points but NOC 00 is senior management). Pls be 100% sure that your job offer meets the criteria listed for EE by IRCC e.g. LMIA, employer is stated in your work permit etc. Read here, goodluck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Olisa222:
Update guys, I got the best new year gift.

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Make I go drink beer and peppersoup first, I'm still in shock.
Congratulations! I remembered you lamenting about how hard the writing was and boom you got a perfect score in the module you were worried about the most cheesy. May the rest of the journey be smooth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Pearlmadeit:

I got a mail this morning that my result has been released
I can now view it.
Mama I made it ���
Congratulations to you. May the rest of the journey be smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FoolsMate: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Now that you say it, "open work permit" and employment offers that meets LMIA or LMIA exempt work offers, giving the extra points dont match.

If truly its an LMIA job offer (or LMIA exempt job), it would be a closed work permit to the employer, and only the applicants spouse gets an open work permit, which I don't think contibutes to points for job offer. Like you said, he should be certain the job offer meets the LMIA requirements as not all job offers do.

GraciousWords:

Pls read page 1 throughly, it will be a blessing to you this new year.

Statement in red: no, full details on page 1

Statement in green: For express entry arranged employment in NOC 0, A or B gives 50 extra CRS points (NOC 00 gives 200 extra points but NOC 00 is senior management). Pls be 100% sure that your job offer meets the criteria listed for EE by IRCC e.g. LMIA, different job offer letter from your work permit application etc. Read here, goodluck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
FoolsMate:
Now that you say it, "open work permit" and employment offers that meets LMIA or LMIA exempt work offers, giving the extra points dont match.

If truly its an LMIA job offer (or LMIA exempt job), it would be a closed work permit to the employer, and only the applicants spouse gets an open work permit, which I don't think contibutes to points for job offer. Like you said, he should be certain the job offer meets the LMIA requirements as not all job offers do.

Rich people with business acumen can actually migrate via the owner operator route, buy part of a Canadian business or set up their own.

They need to advertise the job (change effective April 2021), LMIA for themselves as MD or CEO, employ x number of canadians etc and then get a work permit. I have no idea what type of work permit is given; but closed WP makes sense.

Maybe that is the scenario here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by petemail2all(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hey guys, any help getting reference in Manitoba for PNP nomination?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
petemail2all:
Hey guys, any help getting reference in Manitoba for PNP nomination?
I don't want to judge or jump into conclusion. So please provide further clarification on the above.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pearlmadeit: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Wisdom7400:

How far @Wisdom7400
Any updates with yours?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tuke360: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
I came in with Spouse Open Work Permit by virtue of my spouse being an international student. And I have been able to land a permanent employment. Adding the job offer to my profile will boost my score. That's the reason I was asking.

FoolsMate:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
cheesy cheesy don't mind me, thanks grin
Prettiepearlz:

Congratulations! I remembered you lamenting about how hard the writing was and boom you got a perfect score in the module you were worried about the most cheesy. May the rest of the journey be smooth.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by czaratwork: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
I don't know if this has been handled before but the bulk of the 401,000 people are inbound applicants mostly people with work permit waiting to convert to permanent residents. There used to be a limit for people with work permit but last year (2021) they did christmas for them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FoolsMate: 1:36am On Jan 03, 2022
Ok, that explains the open work permit. So, you had an open WP as accompanying spouse to a student. However, you only get the job offer point if you got a positive LMIA for the job(some LMIA could actually be -ve), or if it's LMIA exempt. Not all job offers qualify for the bonus job points. So you may want to recheck on that so you know if to kuku try other options like PNP or CEC after 1 year of working. You know IRCC processing time is now very long. You won't want to be told by them after waiting a long time that they can't award you the extra points for job offer hence wont be awarding points. That alone may drop your scores bringing you back to square one. And from all I know about job offers, I don't think this meets that criteria.

In simple explanation, if a job was hard to fill, and they could not find an internal person to fill it, an outsider could be given that job, LMIA obtained for the permit (unless its exempt) after the employer has proven that he couldn't get an insider to fill the role, and the candidate can get points rewards for that(if the LMIA is positive).
In this scenario, you for instance are an example of the insider. Clear example, I've applied to several jobs from outside, proceed some steps and sometimes get feedback like "oh, they found an internal person to fill the role", ie, someone like you, who already have a work permit or a PR or Citizen. This saves them the stress of obtaining a positive LMIA.

You can read more on it here

Tuke360:
I came in with Spouse Open Work Permit by virtue of my spouse being an international student. And I have been able to land a permanent employment. Adding the job offer to my profile will boost my score. That's the reason I was asking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 03, 2022
Hello everyone happy new year I am new here and I have been prepping myself up for the Express entry process since 2020 �.... Luckily for me covid came and it gave me the chance to run my Msc and by God's grace I would be officially done by March I want to thank the MOD for the very insightful first page at least from that first page I now know PNP can be applied for either by you writing a letter of intention to the province or expressing intention to reside in that province while preparing your profile ...please Fam I want to take my IELTS this year for those that have passed congratulations your stories inspire that the exam should not be feared please what materials did you use I would be grateful to get opinions thank you .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tuke360: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2022
Thanks for making this very clear. CEC way!!! No time to gamble.

FoolsMate:
Ok, that explains the open work permit. So, you had an open WP as accompanying spouse to a student. However, you only get the job offer point if you got a positive LMIA for the job(some LMIA could actually be -ve), or if it's LMIA exempt. Not all job offers qualify for the bonus job points. So you may want to recheck on that so you know if to kuku try other options like PNP or CEC after 1 year of working. You know IRCC processing time is now very long. You won't want to be told by them after waiting a long time that they can't award you the extra points for job offer hence wont be awarding points. That alone may drop your scores bringing you back to square one. And from all I know about job offers, I don't think this meets that criteria.

In simple explanation, if a job was hard to fill, and they could not find an internal person to fill it, an outsider could be given that job, LMIA obtained for the permit (unless its exempt) after the employer has proven that he couldn't get an insider to fill the role, and the candidate can get points rewards for that(if the LMIA is positive).
In this scenario, you for instance are an example of the insider. Clear example, I've applied to several jobs from outside, proceed some steps and sometimes get feedback like "oh, they found an internal person to fill the role", ie, someone like you, who already have a work permit or a PR or Citizen. This saves them the stress of obtaining a positive LMIA.

You can read more on it here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 2:14am On Jan 03, 2022
A BIG Congratulations to those who aced & passed their IELTS!!!

It's been a while I came on the thread, been overwhelmed with work, so I'm online this midnight ooh when I saw people talking about their IELTS results. Then I remembered I also did IELTS ooh on the 18th December (First Attempt). So I rushed to check, and then I saw my result, it's very painful I had 6.5 in writing, though, I didn't prepare well, my first letter & essay were the ones I wrote in the actual test but I still expected to have scored at least 7.

Please, what would you advice me, regarding this result..? embarassed

LSRW - 8776.5

Thanks to y'all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tomiade1(m): 2:53am On Jan 03, 2022
PanicButton:

4. Duly filled Height and Eye Colour Chart. (A single form containing details for every member of the family)

5. IMM008 for those with a change in family composition (by a birth, death, marriage or divorce, etc)

6. 1 CVAC form. With only page 2 filled in by PA. Do not fill pages 3 & 4. Also advisable to fill in Caps. Ink color doesn't matter.

Thank you for this.

Just one question. Is there a specific document/form for the "Height and Eye Colour chart?" or should i just write it out on a piece of paper?

Thanks once again smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: onuwaje(m), Tricksty(f), modash(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.