Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,206 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044665 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by teas123: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
Yes it's definitely still worth you applying. If you meet all the requirements, then being in your 40s isn't a deal breaker. You will have an especially good chance if you meet the requirements for one of the categories in the new category based Express Entry draws which will probably start later this summer: https://www.canadafornewbies.com/category-based-express-entry-draws/

There's definitely no harm in getting your profile into the Express Entry pool, then when the first category draw happens you'll know more.

Deltayankeeboi:
Good morning house. Please for someone who meets other requirements(masters degree, work experience) for this new category based express entry but is in the 40’s. Is it advisable to apply for the express entry considering the age factor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
Perezzoe:

Pls I stand to be corrected and I feel someone out there might feel he or she is not eligible due to fear of the unknown.......whereas, he or she is truly qualified

NaijaGoingMaple:
........all that's required is for them to provide relevant documents that demonstrate their experience in their NOC.............For instance, I may have been working in a qualified NOC for years before completing a higher degree.

Ambygirl:
Good evening everyone.
Please I have question.

I am currently in my final year (final semester) here in Nigeria. Please can I still go ahead to write the IELTS exam or wait till I finish my final year exam and defense? I have like 3 to 4 months to finish. You can write IELTS now, get in the pool (if eligible) with whatever you have and evaluate your credentials when they are ready

(I have years of work experience)

For FSW, you do not need to:
* have the educational qualifications listed on your chosen NOC
* have a degree that pre-dates your employment start date
* wait to finish school to use work experience while schooling full time, if it meets the conditions of hours, pay etc.

Please see page 1 post 3
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukolab99: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
What I did was request transcript from 200 L to 400 L from my university then uploaded my bsc certificate and IJMB results on the documents part of my portal so they evaluated it without any delay. I hope this helps
hafdol:
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of ECA evaluation by WES and i need clarification about something, I see that the highest level of education is what is required to submit for evaluation, In my case my BSc is only 3 years as i entered through direct entry (IJMB) and i saw the below statement on WES website:

"If you had direct entry into the second year of study, you must also provide documentation for prior study, e.g. IJMB exam certificate, A-level results, National Certificate of Education, National Diploma or Higher National Diploma."

My question is do i need to add IJMB as part of the evaluation which needs to be sent by ABU Zaria or just add only my BSc and wait till WES reaches out and i provide the exam certificates? I saw in the previous threads that some people also had issues with this specifically, I'd appreciate some answers or if anyone who had this issue and was able to sort it out could guide me.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bxcode(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hi everyone, please for those who has evaluated BCS Certificate in IT with WES, is this what the evaluation report looks like in terms of the highlighted part?
Just double-checking before I go ahead to create my profile.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Opemipo2107: 12:03am On Jun 20, 2023
Zeewirld:
...To be on the safe side,I'd suggest you use #500 to $1.

It's much better
Ok boss. You are highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fruitartist: 4:54am On Jun 20, 2023
bxcode:
Hi everyone, please for those who has evaluated BCS Certificate in IT with WES, is this what the evaluation report looks like in terms of the highlighted part?
Just double-checking before I go ahead to create my profile.

Yep

This is correct

Carry go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ruby99999: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning Everyone,

Please how do you tend to access your WES account as my account tends not to open most times as it either refers me back to the signing page or says the site is down or I have been logged out.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2023
Well done guys,

Please who knows if I can evaluate Nexford University’s MBA for EE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
Use N550 to CA$1

Opemipo2107:
Good evening seniors. Please can anyone explain how to calculate the current POF using the updated POF rate on their website. I can’t seem to figure out how people arrived at the $485. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kiari: 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
Salientsinmi:
Well done guys,

If Nexford can send your academic transcript to WES, why not You’ll never know until you try.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Heineken007: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good day, I went on a road trip with friends to cotonou this year. I showed my national ID card at seme border. The police just smiled at us and told us to proceed. Post ITA I have to scan all passport pages because of travel history. Should I attach LOE to my application, stating I used my national identity card? Or just leave it like that since I didn't use my passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Heineken007:
Good day, I went on a road trip with friends to cotonou this year. I showed my national ID card at seme border. The police just smiled at us and told us to proceed. Post ITA I have to scan all passport pages because of travel history. Should I attach LOE to my application, stating I used my national identity card? Or just leave it like that since I didn't use my passport.

Leave it out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
Heineken007:

While leaving it out, ensure you remove anything on social media that shows you were there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sumam: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good day all , kindly advice on the best NOC 2021 for bankers in marketing dept.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Heineken007:

No evidence you went there unless like braine said.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yeoja: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
This depends on your job duties. I used 10022 but it could be 11202 if you were not performing managerial duties.
Check page 1 of this thread for how this is evaluated.
Sumam:
Good day all , kindly advice on the best NOC 2021 for bankers in marketing dept.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gmajor(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please how do I apply for PNP?
The whole process is just confounding me
Any help will be much appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Gmajor:
Please how do I apply for PNP?
The whole process is just confounding me
Any help will be much appreciated
by visiting the pnp website of each province to see if you meet their requirements. Some require job offers, some require having relatives in the province, so require having a specific noc, some pick from the express entey pool randomly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sumam: 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Yeoja:
This depends on your job duties. I used 10022 but it could be 11202 if you were not performing managerial duties.
Check page 1 of this thread for how this is evaluated.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Opemipo2107:

Ok boss. You are highly appreciated.
It’s currently 519 to 1CAD. Use 520 or 530 instead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by peluscoten(f): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
omo this thing dey go 600 like this o. everything is just hard in this Nigeria

littyprincess:

It’s currently 519 to 1CAD. Use 520 or 530 instead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
peluscoten:

Mak Tinubu people no hear you oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
peluscoten:

I sha like how the shege Dey touch everybody. Maybe in 2031, we would vote better candidates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
littyprincess:

I sha like how the shege Dey touch everybody. Maybe in 2031, we would vote better candidates.
El Rufia, Malami and Bala mohammad are waiting 😅

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dadadoc: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2023
bxcode:

Please which training centre did you use for the BCS? was it a virtual or physical class?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tim5press: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2023
Good day guys, pls who's received IMM 5562 before for travel history? I'm surprised here cos I've never traveled out of my home country. So I have no idea what to put there. Pls any suggestions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tim5press: 7:14am On Jun 21, 2023
Tim5press:
Good day guys, pls who's received IMM 5562 before for travel history? I'm surprised here cos I've never traveled out of my home country. So I have no idea what to put there. Pls any suggestions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dvdami(m): 7:46am On Jun 21, 2023
I have read the recent discussions on this thread about WES evaluation.

I would like to ask for your best advise on which of my academic certificates to evaluate.

I have ND, HND and B.Tech.

ND - 2004 to 2006
HND - 2007 - 2009
B.Tech (HND to B.Tech conversion through Jamb DE) - 2017 - 2019

The B.Tech was for 2 calendar years but 3 academic years were done within that period (300L to 500L)

Considering the timeline of the certificates, which combination should I evaluate with WES that will give me the highest CRS score possible for me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Salientsinmi:
Well done guys,

As at the last time I contacted Nexford University, they assured they were working things out with WES. Get in touch with them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temiloba: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Please, who has any link to any post-ITA group on WhatsApp?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Haiddi: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2023
Heineken007:

My hubby had a similar experience. In his own case, his passport was stamped to enter into Benin Republic by road. Thereafter, he travelled from Benin to Togo and from Togo to Ghana by road. His passport was not stamped because he was part of a team that was led by a military convoy (this was during COVID 19 era). He flew out from Ghana back to Nigeria and his passport was stamped. We explained all these in the LOE. And everything turned out fine. Please note that withholding information from IRCC can easily be taken as misrepresentation. So it is always better to lay everything out. Moreover, travelling (especially by land) without one's passport being stamped is an occurrence in other parts of the world (a Google search will convince you). It is not peculiar to Africa. So my advice is that you explain in your LOE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dabyem: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2023
Hello Good morning,

Please at what point will ircc request for an updated pof for a family of 2?.

A little context; so I recently notified ircc of my marriage and they sent an email listing all the documents we have to submit. However, in the email, nowhere does it state we have to submit updated pof.

Will they request for it at a later date or is it just assumed that we should attach it?

Meanwhile what is happening to the exchange rate 🤕🤕

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: miolad20(m), Lastbornbuns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.