Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049976 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oziis: 3:23pm On Feb 08
studycenter:
At once = gift deed.

Thanks for your response. Can the whole POF be gift deed? Also, can it be sent 2 weeks to when l submit my application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JMG12: 3:42pm On Feb 08
Don't bother yourself about the exchange rate, provided the statement of account you submitted has the required amount. Close balance which is the date you print to doesn't reflect your actual balance when your application will be considered and your acct verified. Just make sure your SOA is accurate.
MrBnet:
Hello Gurus,

I hope everyone's doing great. I need your advice on a situation I'm facing. So, I submitted my Express Entry application yesterday and got my AOR not long after. But, for the past week, the exchange rate has been all over the place. I had 12M saved up and planned to submit on the 1st of Feb when the rate was 16,442 according to Oanda. I couldn't submit that day, and to my surprise, the next day the rate had dropped to 13,474.1. Omo, I was shocked! I had to add an extra 1M to make it 13M and submitted yesterday with the rate at 14,636.4 at the time of submission.

Then this morning, I wake up to see that the same 13M is now valued at 13,669.4, which is below the required rate. And at this point, predicting the rate for when my application is reviewed is just impossible. So, I'm considering converting all my funds to dollars and putting it in a domiciliary account, then raising a CSE to inform them that due to the exchange rate fluctuations, I had to convert all my funds to dollars and would like to submit the dollar account as the new proof of funds.

Can anyone confirm if this approach will be acceptable, especially since I'm already Post-AOR?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 3:57pm On Feb 08
JMG12:
Don't bother yourself about the exchange rate, provided the statement of account you submitted has the required amount. Close balance which is the date you print to doesn't reflect your actual balance when your application will be considered and your acct verified. Just make sure your SOA is accurate.

While this is true, it doesn't stop the money from depreciating as at the time IRCC reviews the application. If you didnt include snapshots of the conversion rate you used, they will compare the amount you submitted to the CAD value as at the date of review.

If it falls below threshold, they will ask for an updated bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 4:29pm On Feb 08
Oziis:

Thanks for your response. Can the whole POF be gift deed? Also, can it be sent 2 weeks to when l submit my application?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oziis: 4:32pm On Feb 08
studycenter:
Yes
. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lentomac: 5:18pm On Feb 08
Good evening great minds,

I am reaching out to seek advice and guidance from anyone who has experience with obtaining a World Education Services (WES) evaluation for immigration purposes (CANADA), specifically for transcripts from the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

Each time I attempt to access the FUTA e-transcript page, I am met with a login screen, and I find myself unsure of how to proceed further in the process. If anyone has navigated this process successfully and can offer a step-by-step guide or any tips based on their experience, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 5:45pm On Feb 08
✓Please can one withdraw an application at AOR stage without losing the application fees?

✓For applicants who did upfront medical test for FSW in August,2023 but got ITA and AOR say five months after...Any possibility of IRCC extending the medical test??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 5:54pm On Feb 08
braine:

While this is true, it doesn't stop the money from depreciating as at the time IRCC reviews the application. If you didnt include snapshots of the conversion rate you used, they will compare the amount you submitted to the CAD value as at the date of review.

If it falls below threshold, they will ask for an updated bank statement.

Please, about what you wrote here, I submitted with 9m in December and as at then it was over 15k cad... Then 18th January, I topped up with a million and raised Web form, in cad it was about 15k...
But right now, it is 14m for a single applicant.
At the time I submitted, I added the conversion screenshot and I did same in January.
I have been worried because I have exhausted all my savings embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08
mhizsimi:

Please, about what you wrote here, I submitted with 9m in December and as at then it was over 15k cad... Then 18th January, I topped up with a million and raised Web form, in cad it was about 15k...
But right now, it is 14m for a single applicant.
At the time I submitted, I added the conversion screenshot and I did same in January.
I have been worried because I have exhausted all my savings embarassed

As at today, it is about 14.5m, using XE.

IRCC completeness (R10) and eligibility check (A11.2) is usually done within a month of submission (as per my own application. It is longer for others). This is where they check POF and all for eligibility. (Try registering on the PR application tracker to monitor this, if you haven't).

If you attached the screenshots in the two submissions, I think you can wait for their ADR/feedback if they need an updated POF at this point.

It can be really tiring trying to keep up with this POF thing. Its unfortunate you have to go through this coz of the bad Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 7:46pm On Feb 08
olufemiojo04:
Has anyone has success using statement of account from investment apps like Bamboo and Risevest for their POF?

PS: the money is in stocks.
Sometimes searching through the thread could find you your answer. Just use the search tool.
Found this for you. You can try to message them to see how they did it. They seem pretty active on the thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nwacanada: 12:55am On Feb 09
Good morning my people. I just got ITA last 2 weeks but I have few challenges with my POF. I have few questions to ask and all responses are greatly appreciated.

1. Can an investment certificate be tenable as POF?
2. If yes, does it have to have matured before your travel date?
3. Will it be tenable at the point of entry or will it be an issue?
4. If I decide to use a gift deed, does my sponsor need to show their account statement and does it have to be a family member?

Thanks in adv
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kiari: 3:06am On Feb 09
kiari:
At long last…
ITA RECEIVED 🎉💃🏽
It’s been a long time coming 😭

It’s PPR O’clock 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
A journey that started in 2018, getting first hand information from this goldmine of a platform, I am forever grateful. 🥹

Timeline…

My friend told me about this the Canadian express entry program after she relocated via study route. Joined Nairaland and the trajectory of my life changed. It was all I could think of, I digested the infamous page 1 very well. Next things was to evaluate my bachelors degree and write ielts. Scores were in the 440’s. I sent my transcripts to WES within paying (lol), scores gradually increased to 450s and I knew I needed a second degree.

The hunt for a second degree started, registered for CIMA and after 2 exams I knew I could not handle it, next was Noun PGD, in-fact that school eehn, I regret it till now (story for another day), finally I went for UNILAG HRDC, and I started my 6months degree program (Jun-Dec) I also wrote my first Ielts and I did not get my desired results 💔anyways we move… Wrote my final exams and we had to wait for results to come out the following year.

With high hopes that I would get my results by January,UNILAG Senate said hold my beer 😥, by March 2020 results were out and immediately added it to my Wes application with my bachelors degree that has be gathering dust since 2018, I paid and BOOM 💥 COVID HAPPENED. We all know how that period, Omo everywhere shut down. Fast forward to June, WES received my unilag transcript and my evaluation came out. Wrote ielts for the 2nd time and I had a L8.5,R8.5,S8,W6.5, I wanted to faint, sent it for a remark and it came back unchanged. Picked up the courage and wrote it for the 3rd time this time I had L8.5 R7.5,S9,W7. I jumped into the pool with a CRS score of 468. I waited patiently and watched the scores go down with every draw that happened. December 2020 the final draw of the year and the score was 468, I danced and rejoiced, only for me to find out I was affected by tie-breaking rule 💔 Damn, moving on…

The Long pause… No Fsw draws😭, tried everything to also get Oinp, MPNP, Nbpnp, Alberta pnp, none was forthcoming.

The long pause continues… 2nd and 3rd ielts expired. I started looking into study visa (Uk, & Canada) applied and got rejected (Premium tears). Took my L in peace and moved on. Draws resumed but the scores were so high, chaii… I started French lessons and gave myself 1 year to write the exam.

French lesson continued, also registered for my MBA classes, wrote 5th ielts, anything to get the extra points. While all these were happening & months passing by, the wave of bill c-19 news were spreading, ircc would invite candidates based on specific Noc, I told myself this might be it o, I have to align myself, I must have my ITA this year. Eventually the list of Noc’s came out and I created a new profile, lo and behold on the 20th of September the Cbd Transport draw favored me. Oh I cried 😭 I danced, rolled on the floor, jumped, screamed. What a glorious moment. I submitted my application in October and the wait begins!!!

While others were getting Bil/Mil/MEP in 2-4weeks, it took ircc 90 days to send mine, hmmm okay o but hey, if it took me 5 years to get ITA what is 90 days ehhn? The character development one will experience in this journey is real. After biometrics has been linked and MEP on gckey, now I wait for ppr. Oh the crippling anxiety, I kept thinking about different things, from ADR to Pof top up because of exchange rate, review required… ha God Abeg ooo.
I told myself once my application gets to 4th month I would call ircc to know the update, little did I know that my ppr is close by. I got the infamous “Do not reply email” on the 5th and oh boyyyy, the way my heart kept beating twice as fast… I finally opened my account and I saw my PPR letter sitting pretty. Wow FINALLY I HAVE MY EVIDENCE. My very own ppr, all the years of hustling, hard-work, dedication and commitment to this journey, it has FINALLY ENDED IN PRAISE FOR ME.

If you are on this journey, I want to encourage you to keep your head high, put in the hard work, and it will definitely come true. It may seem like there’s no way out, but once there is a will there’s a way.

I want to say thank you to Zandora for creating this beautiful gold mine of a thread the OG, where it all started, now everyone has moved to Telegram & WhatsApp, lol…
Stay tuned for my Landing Gist…

Here’s my Timeline

ITA - 20th September 2023
AOR - 9th October 2023
MEP- 8th January 2024
UCI changed - 8th January 2024
BIL - 8th January 2024
Old Biometrics linked - 8th January 2024
Biometrics Done - 9th January 2024
GU 1 - 9th January 2024
GU 2 - 1st February 2024
FD/PPR Letter - 5th February 2024

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 3:20am On Feb 09
kiari:

Here’s my Timeline

AOR - 9th October 2023
MEP- 8th January 2024
BIL - 8th January 2024
GU 1 - 9th January 2024
GU 2 - 1st February 2024

Wow! Just wow! Remarkable. Congrats. You showed that perseverance pays. Only very few people could have achieved this.
Time to start focusing on jobs, resume, settling in, shaping your career in a new country.

I actually think one thing that worked well for you was just staying in the pool. Many people underestimate the enormous advantage of staying in the pool, regardless of one's score or one's plans.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olufemiojo04(m): 4:14am On Feb 09
NuCypher:

Sometimes searching through the thread could find you your answer. Just use the search tool.
Found this for you. You can try to message them to see how they did it. They seem pretty active on the thread.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by patokenneth: 4:50am On Feb 09
kiari:

Wow FINALLY I HAVE MY EVIDENCE.
I haven't been on this journey this long but some friends who I try to introduce to this japa route will occasionally(= usually) ask why has it not yet worked for me. I go explain tire, no evidence. But I am hopeful.
Your story is inspiring. Congratulations. As someone mentioned above, the bottom line is to remain in that pool, regardless of your plans.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Fiyincious: 6:02am On Feb 09
kiari:

A journey that started in 2018, getting first hand information from this goldmine of a platform, I am forever grateful. 🥹

Timeline…

My friend told me about this the Canadian express entry program after she relocated via study route. Joined Nairaland and the trajectory of my life changed. It was all I could think of, I digested the infamous page 1 very well. Next things was to evaluate my bachelors degree and write ielts. Scores were in the 440’s. I sent my transcripts to WES within paying (lol), scores gradually increased to 450s and I knew I needed a second degree.

The hunt for a second degree started, registered for CIMA and after 2 exams I knew I could not handle it, next was Noun PGD, in-fact that school eehn, I regret it till now (story for another day), finally I went for UNILAG HRDC, and I started my 6months degree program (Jun-Dec) I also wrote my first Ielts and I did not get my desired results 💔anyways we move… Wrote my final exams and we had to wait for results to come out the following year.

With high hopes that I would get my results by January,UNILAG Senate said hold my beer 😥, by March 2020 results were out and immediately added it to my Wes application with my bachelors degree that has be gathering dust since 2018, I paid and BOOM 💥 COVID HAPPENED. We all know how that period, Omo everywhere shut down. Fast forward to June, WES received my unilag transcript and my evaluation came out. Wrote ielts for the 2nd time and I had a L8.5,R8.5,S8,W6.5, I wanted to faint, sent it for a remark and it came back unchanged. Picked up the courage and wrote it for the 3rd time this time I had L8.5 R7.5,S9,W7. I jumped into the pool with a CRS score of 468. I waited patiently and watched the scores go down with every draw that happened. December 2020 the final draw of the year and the score was 468, I danced and rejoiced, only for me to find out I was affected by tie-breaking rule 💔 Damn, moving on…

The Long pause… No Fsw draws😭, tried everything to also get Oinp, MPNP, Nbpnp, Alberta pnp, none was forthcoming.

The long pause continues… 2nd and 3rd ielts expired. I started looking into study visa (Uk, & Canada) applied and got rejected (Premium tears). Took my L in peace and moved on. Draws resumed but the scores were so high, chaii… I started French lessons and gave myself 1 year to write the exam.

French lesson continued, also registered for my MBA classes, wrote 5th ielts, anything to get the extra points. While all these were happening & months passing by, the wave of bill c-19 news were spreading, ircc would invite candidates based on specific Noc, I told myself this might be it o, I have to align myself, I must have my ITA this year. Eventually the list of Noc’s came out and I created a new profile, lo and behold on the 20th of September the Cbd Transport draw favored me. Oh I cried 😭 I danced, rolled on the floor, jumped, screamed. What a glorious moment. I submitted my application in October and the wait begins!!!

While others were getting Bil/Mil/MEP in 2-4weeks, it took ircc 90 days to send mine, hmmm okay o but hey, if it took me 5 years to get ITA what is 90 days ehhn? The character development one will experience in this journey is real. After biometrics has been linked and MEP on gckey, now I wait for ppr. Oh the crippling anxiety, I kept thinking about different things, from ADR to Pof top up because of exchange rate, review required… ha God Abeg ooo.
I told myself once my application gets to 4th month I would call ircc to know the update, little did I know that my ppr is close by. I got the infamous “Do not reply email” on the 5th and oh boyyyy, the way my heart kept beating twice as fast… I finally opened my account and I saw my PPR letter sitting pretty. Wow FINALLY I HAVE MY EVIDENCE. My very own ppr, all the years of hustling, hard-work, dedication and commitment to this journey, it has FINALLY ENDED IN PRAISE FOR ME.

If you are on this journey, I want to encourage you to keep your head high, put in the hard work, and it will definitely come true. It may seem like there’s no way out, but once there is a will there’s a way.

I want to say thank you to Zandora for creating this beautiful gold mine of a thread the OG, where it all started, now everyone has moved to Telegram & WhatsApp, lol…

Here’s my Timeline

AOR - 9th October 2023
MEP- 8th January 2024
BIL - 8th January 2024
GU 1 - 9th January 2024
GU 2 - 1st February 2024

Congrats. Pls can I get a link to the telegram /WhatsApp group? Preferably MPNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 6:46am On Feb 09
braine:

As at today, it is about 14.5m, using XE.

IRCC completeness (R10) and eligibility check (A11.2) is usually done within a month of submission (as per my own application. It is longer for others). This is where they check POF and all for eligibility. (Try registering on the PR application tracker to monitor this, if you haven't).

If you attached the screenshots in the two submissions, I think you can wait for their ADR/feedback if they need an updated POF at this point.

It can be really tiring trying to keep up with this POF thing. Its unfortunate you have to go through this coz of the bad Nigerian economy.

I haven't set up the tracker yet but I will do that today...
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 6:51am On Feb 09
kiari:

A journey that started in 2018, getting first hand

Congratulations 💃💃💃

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 7:44am On Feb 09
kiari:

AOR - 9th October 2023
MEP- 8th January 2024
BIL - 8th January 2024
GU 1 - 9th January 2024
GU 2 - 1st February 2024

This is really a story in calculated perseverance!
Hats off to you!!

I've really missed reading detailed PPR stories. Wish we could get the PPR hall of fame back, the stories are always so encouraging...

Congratulations kiari.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 7:46am On Feb 09
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 8:49am On Feb 09
GraciousWords:

Happy New Year folks!
In this new year, please study page 1, don't just glance through.

#StudyPage1
Gracious good day, I sent you a PM.
I really need your help in checking out my employment reference letter.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:43am On Feb 09
Honeysweetest:
Gracious good day, I sent you a PM.
I really need your help in checking out my employment reference letter.

Thank you.

Sure, but hope you've done the matching from page 1 post 5: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/283#96895306
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:46am On Feb 09
kiari:

My very own ppr, all the years of hustling, hard-work, dedication and commitment to this journey, it has FINALLY ENDED IN PRAISE FOR ME.

I want to say thank you to Zandora for creating this beautiful gold mine of a thread ........

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S!!! What a ride......

bold - gold mine is an understatement.

#PraisesNyafuNyafu

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:54am On Feb 09
Oziis:
Good morning everyone. Please how do l resolve an issue with my IELTS test results.

I got Ontario Provincial interest letter on the 6th of February and while l was trying to upload my IELTS result for the Ontario PNP, l realized that the date l filled on my Express entry profile was 26th of January but the date on the actual TRF was actually 24th. Will l be able to change the date on the express entry profile before submitting the Ontario PNP form.

Bold - Page 1 FAQ 26

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1005&top=29
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:58am On Feb 09
MrBnet:
Hello Gurus,

I hope everyone's doing great. I need your advice on a situation I'm facing. So, I submitted my Express Entry application yesterday and got my AOR not long after.

So, I'm considering converting all my funds to dollars and putting it in a domiciliary account, then raising a CSE to inform them that due to the exchange rate fluctuations, I had to convert all my funds to dollars and would like to submit the dollar account as the new proof of funds.

Can anyone confirm if this approach will be acceptable, especially since I'm already Post-AOR?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Bold - Page 1 FAQ 21 and 22.

mercifull had advised: @mrBnet why don't you sell the shares, leave the balance in your bamboo and request an account statement from bamboo? The money will be there in dollars and you won't have to worry about exchange rates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:59am On Feb 09
#StudyPage1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:59am On Feb 09
#BuyDollar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:00am On Feb 09
#GodSpeed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by supertonex(m): 11:38am On Feb 09
Patience indeed!

Congratulations.

kiari:

Timeline…

Here’s my Timeline

AOR - 9th October 2023
MEP- 8th January 2024
BIL - 8th January 2024
GU 1 - 9th January 2024
GU 2 - 1st February 2024

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oluwatosinfaith: 9:25pm On Feb 09
Good evening everyone one, please I have a question, I have two work experiences three years each, but I would like to go with the second one alone because the first one I was paid in cash from the bursary while the second job salary was paid into my account, my question is if I am using the second one can I use the last 6 months bank statement with my pof and my salary showing in it along with the last six months payslip and reference letter, employment letter and ID card for my proof of employment will it fly, please I really need advise on this, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by suzzyrims: 9:31pm On Feb 09
suzzyrims:
Please if you graduated from Ekiti State University, how long did it take Eksu to verify your transcript after Wes sent the request

Anyone from EKSU please answer my
question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by juli4dad(m): 10:23pm On Feb 09
Please, I want to confirm if it's possible to have more than one profile in the pool with diff NOCs

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: folla, Cooljavs, pushy8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.