Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044810 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14
donvalley:
Hi everyone - Please do HND holders still have the opportunity to claim two or more certs when creating their express entry profile? I'm creating an EE profile now but couldn't see the two or more certs option. Anybody in this similar situation? Please advise. Thanks.

Have you evaluated your HND and OND with WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by halimadb: 7:03pm On Feb 14
phabulous88:

Aside from the consultancy contract, do you have 3 years of work experience? If yes, then no need to add the consultancy period in your EE application. You can add it in your personal history after receiving ITA and submitting eAPR.

For FSW, 3 years of work experience will give you the same point as 10 years of work experience

Thanks for your response. It forms part of my 3 years work experience and is also important for me to get an ITA under the STEM draw, if one takes place soon. My CRS currently stands at 478.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by donvalley: 7:39pm On Feb 14
Yes, I have.

phabulous88:

Have you evaluated your HND and OND with WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by phabulous88(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14
donvalley:
Yes, I have.

What was written there? If it’s two or more certificates, that’s what you select
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Peachesarewhite: 10:12pm On Feb 14
Peachesarewhite:
Hello gurus in the house.

Please I need clarification on something.

I have a BSc, thinking of going for an Advanced diploma in HRDC. Would it be evaluated as 2 degrees thereby giving me additional points?

Please help a novice smiley

Someone help pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mollode: 11:04pm On Feb 14
Please I have just submitted my application and I used gift deed from my brother in-law which i notarised stating the details and attached the receipt of each transfer. Someone said it must come from my immediate family. If it’s true what can I do to savage the situation. Quick response would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maydaygirl: 2:23am On Feb 15
Please, I need clarification.

Someone I know received ITA today but her spouse's IELTS result expires next month. Does he need to retake it?

Should they submit their application before the expiration of the IELTS result to avoid the need for him to retake the test?

I have read through the first page of the thread but couldn't find any information on this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 2:41am On Feb 15
Maydaygirl:

Someone I know received ITA today but her spouse's IELTS result expires next month. Does he need to retake it?

Should they submit their application before the expiration of the IELTS result to avoid the need for him to retake the test?

I have read through the first page of the thread but couldn't find any information on this.

Thank you.

IELTS is locked at AOR, they need to submit before expiration of the IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mercifull(f): 8:13am On Feb 15
Salientsinmi:

Can anyone help me with this?

Yes, you can reschedule. If you booked with IDP, send an email to info@ielts.ng. Send your booking reference, payment details and the new date you want to take the test.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by e4maawy: 9:09am On Feb 15
Hello,
Please advise on how I can apply or get the Driver's License Extract letter in Nigeria.
I have received my COPR and am set to leave in April.
With no relatives or close friends in Canada, I need a settling buddy.
Please send me a PM if you are also in need of a companion, got your COPR and are leaving around April.
My details: Single, Female, Heading to Toronto/Missisauga/its environs.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:57am On Feb 15
Maydaygirl:

Thank you.

mhizsimi:

IELTS is locked at AOR, they need to submit before expiration of the IELTS. 100%

Page 1 FAQ 29

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:01pm On Feb 15
donvalley:
Hi everyone - Please do HND holders still have the opportunity to claim two or more certs when creating their express entry profile? I'm creating an EE profile now but couldn't see the two or more certs option. Anybody in this similar situation? Please advise. Thanks.

Adejumokeokunug:
Please is the two or more certificates not more relevant in creating one's profile?

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1129&top=29

Now on page 1 FAQ 10

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 12:13pm On Feb 15
Hello guys, I just want to register my presence here and also seek your input.
I recently made the decision to join the Express entry movement but I have some confusion on setting up my profile.
1. I only have 1.5 years work experience that is within the accepted NOC. (1 year NYSC, 6 months paid IT).
2. The current work I have is in NOC 4 and I can’t add it to my profile despite the fact that I have been on the job for a little longer than 6 months.
3. I also have 1 year work experience working in a farm but the payments were mostly in cash, and from the previous comments it’s not advised to use this while waiting for ITA.
So what do I do to get the most points?
Is it better to start learning French to gain some points from there? But I think this one will be really stressful because I school and work at the same time. But if it is what I have to do to have a better footing I don’t mind taking the risk.
Or marry to gain points as a couple?
Or apply for PNP?
Or just jump in the pool and hope for the best🥹 at the moment my CRS is 453.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:31pm On Feb 15
amikable97:
Hello guys, I just want to register my presence here and also seek your input.
I recently made the decision to join the Express entry movement but I have some confusion on setting up my profile.
1. I only have 1.5 years work experience that is within the accepted NOC. (1 year NYSC, 6 months paid IT).
2. The current work I have is in NOC 4 and I can’t add it to my profile despite the fact that I have been on the job for a little longer than 6 months.
3. I also have 1 year work experience working in a farm but the payments were mostly in cash, and from the previous comments it’s not advised to use this while waiting for ITA.
So what do I do to get the most points?
Is it better to start learning French to gain some points from there? But I think this one will be really stressful because I school and work at the same time. But if it is what I have to do to have a better footing I don’t mind taking the risk.
Or marry to gain points as a couple?
Or apply for PNP?
Or just jump in the pool and hope for the best🥹 at the moment my CRS is 453.

Please STUDY page 1 - all posts 1 to 5 and the FAQs

1. Evaluate your degree(s), complete IELTS, join the pool.
2. Your NOC as a farm worker may be in demand - check the CBD list - if it is make it your primary NOC
3. Research PNPs and see if you qualify for any
4. Many have got PR with cash salary
5. A younger spouse with MSc, PhD, sibling in Canada and Canadian education & experience will have a higher CRS grin marry for love sha, not for CRS.
6. Learn French
7. Teer 4 and 5 do not qualify for EE, look through the NOC website again to see if your current job JD fits with something Teer 0 -3
8. Study page 1 and the CRS grid for options to get more points
9. Search canada.ca for your questions, most are answered there.
10. Study page 1 again cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mollode: 3:06pm On Feb 15
mollode:
Please I have just submitted my application and I used gift deed from my brother in-law which i notarised stating the details and attached the receipt of each transfer. Someone said it must come from my immediate family. If it’s true what can I do to savage the situation. Quick response would be appreciated. Thanks

Please someone should assist with this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maydaygirl: 3:25pm On Feb 15
mhizsimi:

IELTS is locked at AOR, they need to submit before expiration of the IELTS.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maydaygirl: 3:26pm On Feb 15
GraciousWords:

Page 1 FAQ 29

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ProfessorJim(m): 5:53pm On Feb 15
Hey everyone, just wanted to share that I've found a really reliable platform for ordering GCMS notes - www.gcmsonline.ca. I've been using them for my GCMS orders, and their communication and service have consistently been excellent. Haven’t been disappointed yet!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 7:35pm On Feb 15
GraciousWords:

Thanks for your fast response. I will verify my NOC again I think I mixed up the NOC classes.
Regards
Please STUDY page 1 - all posts 1 to 5 and the FAQs

1. Evaluate your degree(s), complete IELTS, join the pool.
2. Your NOC as a farm worker may be in demand - check the CBD list - if it is make it your primary NOC
3. Research PNPs and see if you qualify for any
4. Many have got PR with cash salary
5. A younger spouse with MSc, PhD, sibling in Canada and Canadian education & experience will have a higher CRS grin marry for love sha, not for CRS.
6. Learn French
7. Teer 4 and 5 do not qualify for EE, look through the NOC website again to see if your current job JD fits with something Teer 0 -3
8. Study page 1 and the CRS grid for options to get more points
9. Search canada.ca for your questions, most are answered there.
10. Study page 1 again cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Staness: 9:56pm On Feb 15
Good day all. Please can two different bsc certificates be evaluated as two degrees by Wes? I searched online but I’ve only been seeing hnd/ond and professional certificate/bsc. Yet to see two bscs? Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 9:58pm On Feb 15
Staness:
Good day all. Please can two different bsc certificates be evaluated as two degrees by Wes? I searched online but I’ve only been seeing hnd/ond and professional certificate/bsc. Yet to see two bscs? Please help

Ofcourse, it counts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Staness: 10:20pm On Feb 15
braine:

Ofcourse, it counts.
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stevolinkon40: 12:13am On Feb 16
Hi everyone.

I have some post ITA questions please
1. I have my funds saved on a joint account with Revolut for POF. but the bank doesn't issue reference letter, my salary account is Lloyds bank but I always send 75% of my earnings to the Revolut(joint acct) every month so the balance on Lloyds at the moment wont be sufficient. should I go ahead and use the Revolut bank statement or I should move the money to Lloyds bank and write LOE?

2.I read that the medical is not mandatory at the time of submission, but can I go ahead and do the medical ahead anyways?

3.Must the work reference be written by the HR? or direct supervisor can write the reference?
Also if the reference letter contains all the details, do I need to attach payslip, employment letter and bank statement highlighting salary inflow

4. In the study and language section, do I need to include all my education or just the highest one M.Sc. which was evaluated and every other one in the personal history just as it was suggested for work experience?
prior to receiving ITA, I had my MSc and BSc in that section and it was carried forward post ITA but i am considering deleting the BSc and only including it in my personal history

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:11am On Feb 16
Tracyy122:
Gurus in house please l have one question concerning inflow of cash deposit into my account.

I have a salary account that l also use for other businesses ( by this, l mean my brother send money into it when he wants to make some procurement for his business and this has been recurring for more than 5 months.)

In January l received a deposit that is about 6x my salary for the usual procurement he makes which also left the account in 2 days.

My question now is since the amount that was deposited is way more than my salary, will it be regarded as unusual inflow of cash ( and would l need to write an LOE) even though the money is no longer in my account and this has been a recurring deposit from my brother in my account?
Have you received ITA yet ? If you can, structure your finance to avoid IRCC stress. By structuring your finance I mean have a a fixed or closed to fixed inflow of funds into your account in a manner that shows a trend. Whether its once a month or one in 3 weeks or there about.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:15am On Feb 16
e4maawy:
Hello,
Please advise on how I can apply or get the Driver's License Extract letter in Nigeria.
I have received my COPR and am set to leave in April.
With no relatives or close friends in Canada, I need a settling buddy.
Please send me a PM if you are also in need of a companion, got your COPR and are leaving around April.
My details: Single, Female, Heading to Toronto/Missisauga/its environs.
Thank you.

You can get it at the nigerian high commission in Ottawa. Application is by post but will cost about $100. Kindly let me know if you get any lead on how to get it in Nigeria. I have been procrastinating getting it. May be cheaper to get in Nigeria than here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:17am On Feb 16
stevolinkon40:
Hi everyone.

I have some post ITA questions please
1. I have my funds saved on a joint account with Revolut for POF. but the bank doesn't issue reference letter, my salary account is Lloyds bank but I always send 75% of my earnings to the Revolut(joint acct) every month so the balance on Lloyds at the moment wont be sufficient. should I go ahead and use the Revolut bank statement or I should move the money to Lloyds bank and write LOE?

2.I read that the medical is not mandatory at the time of submission, but can I go ahead and do the medical ahead anyways?

3.Must the work reference be written by the HR? or direct supervisor can write the reference?
Also if the reference letter contains all the details, do I need to attach payslip, employment letter and bank statement highlighting salary inflow

4. In the study and language section, do I need to include all my education or just the highest one M.Sc. which was evaluated and every other one in the personal history just as it was suggested for work experience?
prior to receiving ITA, I had my MSc and BSc in that section and it was carried forward post ITA but i am considering deleting the BSc and only including it in my personal history

IRCC checklist on page 1 post 5......very important.

1. IRCC wants a letter in their format, often the letter has some missing info so we add bank statements. Try to get a letter from Revolut or move to Lloyds get a letter and add statements with an LOE. I'm not sure you should submit a bank statement without a letter.

2.IRCC said upload a blank page and they will let you know when to do meds.

3. Work ref letter is sufficient unless it has missing info. You can add any of those other things if it makes you feel better. Ref can be written by your manager if HR declines. Ideally should be from the employer. The manager can add their call card and ID and only use company letterhead if they are authorised. Hope your JD matches NOC duties.

4. You can move the BSc to personal history if there is no ECA for it. Same as any WE you are not claiming CRS points for. MSc will be repeated in personal history also. Personal history is EVERYTHING from the last 10 years.

Use the NL search button to see what others have done post ITA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:26am On Feb 16
Maydaygirl:

Thank you.

Another consideration - if she has very high CRS, in the 900s for example, and her CRS will still be above draw CRS even without spouse IELTS (because IELTS expires and no longer counts) then she's fine submitting whenever.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stevolinkon40: 7:34am On Feb 16
GraciousWords:

IRCC checklist on page 1 post 5......very important.

1. IRCC wants a letter in their format, often the letter has some missing info so we add bank statements. Try to a letter from Revolut or move to Lloyds get a letter and add statements with an LOE. I'm not sure you should submit a bank statement without a letter.

2.They said upload a blank page and they will let you know when to so meds.

3. Work ref letter is sufficient unless it has missing info. You can add aml those other things if it makes you feel better. Ref can be written by your manager if HR declines. Ideally should be from the employer. The manager can add their call card and ID and only use company letterhead if they are authorised. Hope your JD matches NOC duties.

4. You can move the BSc to personal history if there is no ECA for it. Same as WE you are not claiming CRS points for. MSc will be repeated in personal history also. Personal history is EVERYTHING from the last 10 years.

Use the NL search button to see what others have done post ITA.
Thanks very much for the detailed response. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nanorest: 8:45am On Feb 16
Does lmia jobs require proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Funnyman: 1:37pm On Feb 16
Please can an express entry application be submitted for a family, if one person is in another country (not Canada) and other family members are based in Nigeria, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Generalmerchant: 3:47pm On Feb 16
my brother just got ITA. any whatsapp group for new ITA. kindly let
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TwinHeart: 6:29pm On Feb 16
Please I want to find out if I’m allowed to carry yam through the border. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.