Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048058 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyTime731: 8:54pm On Feb 29
Hi guys, I will appreciate insights in my situation. I did two jobs at some point, both full time. Now that OINP has asked for work history over the last 10 years, is it a problem to list two concurrent jobs? Note that I don't intend to double count the working hours to make up for 3 years. I have enough separate experiences to make up 3years work experience.

*Aside* Please is there anyone that can add me to an OINP telegram group?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Keldurn47: 9:23pm On Feb 29
Hi everyone. I would like to ask for advice and how to go about this. I am 64, a lawyer and consultant. I am looking for job opportunities in Canada. I have Masters (2) and certifications plus rich experiences and expertise. I would like to ask if there are job sites or anything you can refer or advice me to do for immigration please? I heard the PR route may not favour me because of age. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 10:55pm On Feb 29
MyTime731:
Hi guys, I will appreciate insights in my situation. I did two jobs at some point, both full time. Now that OINP has asked for work history over the last 10 years, is it a problem to list two concurrent jobs? Note that I don't intend to double count the working hours to make up for 3 years. I have enough separate experiences to make up 3years work experience.

*Aside* Please is there anyone that can add me to an OINP telegram group?

You can list the relevant one. There might an eyebrow raise to question how you achieved 30 hours at each of the jobs.

The other can come in personal history in subsequent application when you are nominated and get ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lovewinning: 11:09pm On Feb 29
Please guys, I need help with the calculation of my job experience below:

Healthcare job 1 started on 8/3/22 and ended 19/1/23 (total of 930 hours) part time.

Healthcare job 2 started on 19/12/22 and ended 17/12/2023 (44 hours per week) full time.

Please seniors, does the above experience meet up with the one year continuous experience for ONIP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by micxwell(m): 1:10am On Mar 01
Ibironnie:
Same ielts format LRWS But celpip is better sha lol don't quote me ohh. I feel like if you watch a lot of movies and already communicate in english it should be a breeze. Speaking is a bit weird sha cos you're talking to the computer not a person asides that I'll recommend
Hi, you said not to quote you but pls I need your help. Just point me in the right direction for the materials that I need to write CELPIP. I'll appreciate all the assistance you can give me. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adanac13: 1:28am On Mar 01
Hello everyone please can anyone provide me with Abia state university uturu connect for transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Keldurn47: 6:17am On Mar 01
Hi everyone. I would like to ask for advice and how to go about this. I am 64, a lawyer and consultant. I am looking for job opportunities in Canada. I have Masters (2) and certifications plus rich experiences and expertise. I would like to ask if there are job sites or anything you can refer or advice me to do for immigration please? I heard the PR route may not favour me because of age. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mikeayus(m): 7:02am On Mar 01
Msticks:
Hello everyone,
I got canadian visit visa last year. I did my biometrics before getting the visa. I was told biometrics lasts for 10 years. Now i applied for PR, and IRCC are asking me to submit biometrics again. Why is that one not valid anymore?

Hi...same expeerience, I did biometrics for TRV in Dec 2023, now I got a BIL for my PR application yesterday, the challenge now is...vfs canada site seems not to be working well as I have been getting this error on several browsers, devices and laptops.

Please are you able to book another biometric appointment?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:44am On Mar 01
adanac13:
Hello everyone please can anyone provide me with Abia state university uturu connect for transcript
Send me an email, I’ll respond with the contact of the guy that helped my spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by makhu007: 11:15am On Mar 01
Pls o. I submitted my application n got AOR on Jan 20, 2024. I heard most people say it takes about 2-4weeks to get a response. It’s more than 4weeks now no reply yet. Anyone in this boat?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 11:28am On Mar 01
Keldurn47:
Hi everyone. I would like to ask for advice and how to go about this. I am 64, a lawyer and consultant. I am looking for job opportunities in Canada. I have Masters (2) and certifications plus rich experiences and expertise. I would like to ask if there are job sites or anything you can refer or advice me to do for immigration please? I heard the PR route may not favour me because of age. Any advice is well appreciated. Thank you.

I think the age factor won’t favor you sir , you are already at the age that most people retire . If you have money maybe you can go to US on tourist visa and relax .
There is nothing impossible sha . Getting a job outside Canada with that age will be a miracle .
Also the law degree is of not much use as you still need to get theirs. If you are really really keen on it . Then you can start by getting your degrees , law school , law checked by NCA .
But if you have kids pls let them go on this journey and invite you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 1:29pm On Mar 01
makhu007:
Pls o. I submitted my application n got AOR on Jan 20, 2024. I heard most people say it takes about 2-4weeks to get a response. It’s more than 4weeks now no reply yet. Anyone in this boat?

For fsw applicants they are on Dec 31-31st as at today . So you have to chill till they get to your date . You can join the telegram post ITA group to get more details
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 1:30pm On Mar 01
Tonyamori:

For fsw applicants they are on Dec 31-31st as at today . So you have to chill till they get to your date . You can join the telegram post ITA group to get more details

But for pnp they are done with January AOR ( according to testimonies on the groups sha ) .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:49pm On Mar 01
makhu007:
.. Takes around 70-80 days to get BIL and MIL after AOR

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kaycherry: 3:45pm On Mar 01
mikeayus:

Hi...same expeerience, I did biometrics for TRV in Dec 2023, now I got a BIL for my PR application yesterday, the challenge now is...vfs canada site seems not to be working well as I have been getting this error on several browsers, devices and laptops.

I had the same experience with the site...just keep trying. It will eventually go through...All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoreTech(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01
Pls, i need answers to this question

MoreTech:
Gurus in the house please help me out on this.

I have a certificate in Proficiency In Information System Management from Aptech Computer Education.

I want to know if i can add it to my Bsc certificate in the EE.

Pls help me out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by anya1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01
mikeayus:

I had the same issue with the link in my PPR. Just go vfsglobal.com, then choose the country you're applying from and the country you're applying to. It'll take you the same page you're currently unable to access.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 5:59pm On Mar 01
Can one counts the funds in the account of a non accompanying as part of settlement funds??

@everyone
@profGordons
@GraciousWords
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blissnenye: 6:17pm On Mar 01
Hi, I hope everyone is doing alright. Decided to pop in today. Been a while. Its good to be back here though. For those still on the journey, I want to encourage you, it is well worth it. No country is perfect, Canada has its challenges but it is till a beautiful country to live.
I wish everyone still on the journey speed and success.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5boro: 9:22pm On Mar 01
Good evening everyone. Please, I need advice as this is my first time here and I don’t even understand most of the acronyms being used.

I’m 29 yrs and I studied mechanical engineering, currently working in a very good paying company in Nigeria but with the insecurities and devaluation of the naira with its less purchasing power, I’m not sure where this country is going and would love to opt out now that I have the funds and I’m relatively still young. I know nothing of this PR process or what to expect over there if there are good jobs and stuff. I hope to start reading this thread by tonight from the first page to gain some insight but is Canada really worth it please? I need genuine advice so I don’t make a life mistake here.

PS; I currently earn between 500k to 1m monthly. Thanks guys 🥹🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Isjaymoh(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01
Good evening
Pls, what is the easiest way to make payment for WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 12:10am On Mar 02
MoreTech:
Pls, i need answers to this question

can it be evaluated?I think only academic qualifications are evaluated by the evaluation bodies
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 12:14am On Mar 02
5boro:
Good evening everyone. Please, I need advice as this is my first time here and I don’t even understand most of the acronyms being used.

I’m 29 yrs and I studied mechanical engineering, currently working in a very good paying company in Nigeria but with the insecurities and devaluation of the naira with its less purchasing power, I’m not sure where this country is going and would love to opt out now that I have the funds and I’m relatively still young. I know nothing of this PR process or what to expect over there if there are good jobs and stuff. I hope to start reading this thread by tonight from the first page to gain some insight but is Canada really worth it please? I need genuine advice so I don’t make a life mistake here.

. Good pay...Read from page 1 to understand more....Some people are still thriving in Nigeria despite all the issues and a lot of immigrants are doing fantastically well in Canada...Your mindset matters and the vision that you have for yourself.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 12:15am On Mar 02
blissnenye:
Hi, I hope everyone is doing alright. Decided to pop in today. Been a while. Its good to be back here though. For those still on the journey, I want to encourage you, it is well worth it. No country is perfect, Canada has its challenges but it is till a beautiful country to live.
I wish everyone still on the journey speed and success.
....Ha... See one of our Oga at the top o!

Being a while.

How you dey?

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 12:19am On Mar 02
Keldurn47:
The Law!

Why not sponsor your children to come if they are of age?

I think it will make it a lot easier for you.

All the Best Boas

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blissnenye: 3:09am On Mar 02
I'm good o. Really been a while.
Thanks for asking.
Hope you are good too
Zeewirld:
....Ha... See one of our Oga at the top o!

Being a while.

How you dey?

Regards.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blissnenye: 3:13am On Mar 02
I definitely second this, considering the fact that retirement age in Canada is 65. If you are able to sponsoryour children and they become PR, they can eventually sponsor you in future to becomea PR as well via the parents and grand parent route.

Zeewirld:
The Law!

Why not sponsor your children to come if they are of age?

I think it will make it a lot easier for you.

All the Best Boas
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 7:52am On Mar 02
5boro:

if you are looking for anyone to tell you definitively that moving to Canada is the solution to your problem, then you are looking for the wrong person. Ultimately, quitting your cushy job and relocating is a decision you have to arrive at all by yourself. I'll tell you that there are people who were making way more than that in Nigeria, but who still left anyways. Today, some of them are regretting, while some are better off. The question becomes: should the ones regretting start lamenting their decision to move to Canada? That's a question for them to answer, but we all know lamenting gets no one anywhere. We all have to face our problems and try to make things work for us. But the best advice I'll give to you, is that you should temper your expectations and not think that going to Canada will immediately put you in a comfy earning bracket. That's not how these things work. Instead, convince yourself of a better reason to relocate that has nothing to do with money, but with your conviction that Nigeria no longer works for you.

Having gotten that out of the way, I'll say starting to read this thread from Page 1 is the best investment of your time. Read up. I'm sure you are smart enough to do that with your engineering degree. Afterwards, learn if you are qualified enough. After establishing that, then determine if you want to take the step. If that's a yes and you are now in the process of taking the step and you are sure it will work out because you met all the requirements to put your CRS score in the 500 range, then start asking yourself how you can transition into a mechanical engineering role in Canada, if that's your goal. You'll find enough resources to do that online. If you are considering changing careers, then also start researching on what it takes to do that. Ask yourself questions; do I need to get certified? Do I need to get additional Canadian education? Do I need to network massively on LinkedIn? Do I need to create a project portfolio that will attract employers and recruiters? Do I need to publish articles or papers to give myself visibility? And so on, and so on.

My final advice to you and to everyone who often ask these questions is this: do not come to Canada with expectations. You are starting a new life in a place where nobody knows you. Be measured in your expectation. Nobody should ever relocate for these reasons: to make more money, to find better people, or to find better relationships. These are not things within your power to influence, and even if they are, your power to influence them is very, very limited. Instead, you should relocate because it will make you a better person, it will give you more opportunity for individual growth (not monetary growth), etc. Things that are personal to you, not things that are external to you. This is very important so that you can save yourself from inevitable disappointment.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gangster1ms: 9:39am On Mar 02
Ibironnie:
Same ielts format LRWS But celpip is better sha lol don't quote me ohh. I feel like if you watch a lot of movies and already communicate in english it should be a breeze. Speaking is a bit weird sha cos you're talking to the computer not a person asides that I'll recommend
Which will u suggest i go between Paper exam or computer exam? And why?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 6:07pm On Mar 02
blissnenye:
I definitely second this, considering the fact that retirement age in Canada is 65. If you are able to sponsoryour children and they become PR, they can eventually sponsor you in future to becomea PR as well via the parents and grand parent route.

That one no be kalokalo?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ericmaestrooffi: 12:34am On Mar 03
Good day everyone, if you’re in need of an experienced Ielts tutor at an affordable rate kindly reach out to me on 0701 031 2672.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Toylove: 11:40am On Mar 03
Ericmaestrooffi:
Good day everyone, if you’re in need of an experienced Ielts tutor at an affordable rate kindly reach out to me on 0701 031 2672.
I need a French tutor 😌

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.