Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050406 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 11:32pm On Feb 23
Ayinke93:

I think you'll need the affidavit from the court that you've initiated the divorce process if you apply as separated. Checkout Reddit, once stumbled on someone in a similar situation.

Thank you so much for this. I’d go on Reddit and see as suggested.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mizzmimi: 12:51am On Feb 24
TomatoSauce1:
Good evening everyone,

I have my POF as a gift deed and personal funds in 2 separate banks. Is it compulsory to get a reference letter from the banks or will a bank statement suffice?

Hi,
I know my reply wouldn’t make a difference as you have already submitted but I believe you have to provide bank statements and reference letters for each account.
Immediately I saw your posts I was really excited as we are both in the Uk and under the same draw. Would like to connect 🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jadue(f): 7:28am On Feb 24
Please I had gotten ITA in the past but that time my brother wasn't a permanent resident and the agency I used stayed he was a permanent resident so I has to not follow through, now he is a permanent resident. I also got admission into concordia universiry quebec this year, I want to ask can I explore both options. (Study and express entry)
Also about the POF, my canadain PR brother is declaring his account but the issue now is must the money be in my account for 6 months before I apply or could the money just be transfered to me as gift deed and then I apply with it for express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by afagha(f): 7:35am On Feb 24
Hi guys,I got an ADR for POF in the mail a few hours ago to respond by a date 1 month from now. Anyone with any similar ADR? How did you go about it? What are my options? Can I use gift deed from a friend? Will I need to show 3 months account statement of the gifter? Or it's just my account statement? Please respond. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 8:10am On Feb 24
afagha:
Hi guys,I got an ADR for POF in the mail a few hours ago to respond by a date 1 month from now. Anyone with any similar ADR? How did you go about it? What are my options? Can I use gift deed from a friend? Will I need to show 3 months account statement of the gifter? Or it's just my account statement? Please respond. Thank you

I think you can use a gift deed, why don't you get one from a family member?
They don't need the gifter account statement, just your account statement will do. You need to show the transaction receipt and the person's ID though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buenos116: 10:10am On Feb 24
Pls I got an NOI from Ontario province after submitting my express entry profile November ending. Submitted from Uk. my bank statement for the past 3 months does not show settlement funds. Pls can I just put the money today and print my bank statement 3 months back and apply, I just don’t want to waste application money
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by teekaymax: 10:43am On Feb 24
Hello house I want to know how to get started on the rural northern migration pilot that is ongoing.any idea is welcome.steps, documents etc thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buenos116: 10:47am On Feb 24
buenos116:
Pls I got an NOI from Ontario province after submitting my express entry profile November ending. Submitted from Uk. my bank statement for the past 3 months does not show settlement funds. Pls can I just put the money today and print my bank statement 3 months back and apply, I just don’t want to waste application money

Pls help guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 11:21am On Feb 24
buenos116:

Firstly, its 6 months they require.

Secondly, what is the source of the money? Youll need to give a valid explanation of where the money came from (e.g, from asset sale or gift from parents, all with accompanying documentation). It obviously cannot be borrowed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by buenos116: 12:30pm On Feb 24
braine:

Firstly, its 6 months they require.

Secondly, what is the source of the money? Youll need to give a valid explanation of where the money came from (e.g, from asset sale or gift from parents, all with accompanying documentation). It obviously cannot be borrowed.

The money is from an asset sale
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 12:37pm On Feb 24
I need more insight on this my people👇
Emeoko24:
Hi fellow Canadians 😊, please help me out.

I’m a married man but I have been separated from my wife for a few years now (not fully divorced yet). I just initiated divorce proceedings few days ago because I want to create EE profile and start my Canada PR journey.

I have another lady who I am exclusively dating & willing to take her with me to Canada. This is where the confusion sets in;

- There’s ‘legally separated’ in the EE marital status but I’m not sure whether I will be asked to provide some legal documents to prove that. Though I could get a letter from the lawyer handling the divorce and from the registry where the marriage was held

-Should I create my EE profile & apply for PR as ‘married with spouse unaccompanying ’ pending the divorce process is completed? Mind you divorce could take up to 6 months to a year to be completed.

-If I chose ‘common law relationship’ with my current gf, is there any placeholder or box to explain that I’m in the process of divorce with the one I earlier applied for PR with ?

Please note: I can’t apply as single because my ex and I have applied for PR before with our marriage certificate before things went sour between us.

Please bail me out my senior colleagues or someone that has been in this kind of situation so I don’t go astray 🙏.

Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24
buenos116:

The money is from an asset sale

Then you'd need to gather the sales documents and include it in your POF. You can add a letter of explanation too. And you're good. The same thing will be used when you get nominated and ITA subsequently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by LandingistForum: 6:26pm On Feb 24
teekaymax:
Hello house I want to know how to get started on the rural northern migration pilot that is ongoing.any idea is welcome.steps, documents etc thanks in advance
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ocizzu(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24
Good evening everyone, please i have a crs score of 355 which is very low and am applying as civil engineer.I have tried applying through job bank in other to get a job and i havent gotten a good response from acompany. please what other alternative is there for me to boost the score or get a job. abeg abeg abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 8:16pm On Feb 24
Ocizzu:
Good evening everyone, please i have a crs score of 355 which is very low and am applying as civil engineer.I have tried applying through job bank in other to get a job and i havent gotten a good response from acompany. please what other alternative is there for me to boost the score or get a job. abeg abeg abeg

FRENCH or check if your JD is under the category based draws

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:00pm On Feb 24
Emeoko24:
Hi

I’m a married man but I have been separated from my wife for a few years now (not fully divorced yet). I just initiated divorce proceedings few days ago because I want to create EE profile and start my Canada PR journey.

- There’s ‘legally separated’ in the EE marital status but I’m not sure whether I will be asked to provide some legal documents to prove that. Though I could get a letter from the lawyer handling the divorce and from the registry where the marriage was held.

Thank you

Page 1 FAQ 35 please.

Looks like by your admission and the IRCC definition (https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html) you are separated. When you get ITA your checklist will show exactly what you need to provide as legally separated, it may likely be same as the lady in FAQ 35.

Not sure you can add your new babe to your app until the divorce from previous madam is final, but I no be lawyer sha.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:14pm On Feb 24
Jadue:
Please I had gotten ITA in the past but that time my brother wasn't a permanent resident and the agency I used stayed he was a permanent resident so I has to not follow through, now he is a permanent resident. I also got admission into concordia universiry quebec this year, I want to ask can I explore both options. (Study and express entry)
Also about the POF, my canadain PR brother is declaring his account but the issue now is must the money be in my account for 6 months before I apply or could the money just be transfered to me as gift deed and then I apply with it for express entry

See page 1 post 5 and FAQ 18 & 20 for the post ITA checklist and for everything you need to know about gift deed and POF. 

BTW you cannot choose Quebec in your Express Entry application as your destination province.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nicole2024: 9:17pm On Feb 24
Hello all,

Please i’m 25, single, no sibling in Canada and currently have up to 3 years work experience with a Bsc. Heard about the express entry program and I'm thinking of entering the pool this year and plan to take IELTS in April. I'm also taking the BCS IT certification later in the year so I can get more points with two or more certificates

However, my work experience is divided across different fields: 10 months in marketing comms during NYSC and 2+ years in product management at a tech company

Although, i’m planning to use product management as my primary NOC (21221). I'm concerned that my NYSC experience wont count to help me reach the 3yrs requirements as it’s in a different field.

Apart from a masters which is not feasible right now. What do you advise to get more points?
Thanks everyone 🙏🏾
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Toylove: 9:17pm On Feb 24
Tonyamori:

Please, do one need to apply for applicable category after creating an express entry profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:26pm On Feb 24
pean06:
Hello,
I have some questions.

1. I have received ITA and I am trying to prove the relationship between my step brother and I. Gurus please tell me the documents I need to show to prove our relationships especially because we are only related by marriage. If it is possible to point me to someone here’s who had a similar success story I will really like that.

2. I currently live and work in Canada and my yearly Salary is 50,000CAD. Do I still need to have 14,000 CAD in savings when I am applying?

Thanks
I appreciate.

1. Page 1 FAQ 37 and here https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/278#85618343
For a step sibling, your parents must still be married (or in a common law relationship) evidenced by their marriage certificate in addition to other docs listed in FAQ 37 which would be required for a full sibling.

2. https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29 your ITA letter should have the stream you were invited on. The draw may have been CBD but your stream will always be either FSW, CEC or FST (check your ITA letter). If you are CEC, no need for POF but the system will still ask you for it so follow the instructions in the link. If your ITA letter says FSW not CEC, then see if your job qualifies as a valid job offer, also defined in the link.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:32pm On Feb 24
Nicole2024:
Hello all,

Please i’m 25, single, no sibling in Canada and currently have up to 3 years work experience with a Bsc in mass communication. Heard about the express entry program and I'm thinking of entering the pool this year and plan to take IELTS in April. I'm also taking the BCS IT certification later in the year so I can get more points with two or more certificates

However, my work experience is divided across different fields: 10 months in digital & content marketing during NYSC (ICT company) and 2+ years in product management at a fin-tech

Although, i’m planning to use product management as my primary NOC (21221). I'm concerned that my NYSC experience wont count to help me reach the 3yrs requirements as it’s in a different field.

Apart from a masters. What do you advise to get more points?
Thanks everyone 🙏🏾

Q: What do you advise to get more points?

A: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/600#128629839

Q: I'm concerned that my NYSC experience won't count to help me reach the 3yrs requirements as it’s in a different field.

A: Read page 1 FAQ 14, the different NOCs used for your 3 yrs WE do not have to be in the same field.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:40pm On Feb 24
Tvickie:
Yes she stated canadian experience in her profile. Yes it is the healthcare category not CEC

73O9:

Do note she bolded two things which are Canadian experience and offer letter.
Your friend was invited through health not CEC, meanwhile the offer letter is for CEC. Or did she also state Canadian experience in her profile?
I might be wrong but look through that opinion too.

I think 73O9 is trying to highlight this:

Her ITA letter should have the stream she was invited on. The draw may have been CBD for healthcare or agric etc, but her stream will always be either FSW, CEC or FST. If she was invited as CEC, she's cool.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:42pm On Feb 24
Toylove:

Please, do one need to apply for applicable category after creating an express entry profile?

Pls see page 1 post 4 - once you have a profile, whether you are picked for CBD depends on what you update as your NOC/ French scores, you do not apply for it separately.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 11:39pm On Feb 24
Oh I understand. She got invited under the FSW category, but healthcare draw. So are you saying she cant use her pay stubs here only as POF cos its not CEC? Thank you
GraciousWords:

I think 73O9 is trying to highlight this:

Her ITA letter should have the stream she was invited on. The draw may have been CBD for healthcare or agric etc, but her stream will always be either FSW, CEC or FST. If she was invited as CEC, she's cool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:53am On Feb 25
Tvickie:
Oh I understand. She got invited under the FSW category, but healthcare draw. So are you saying she cant use her pay stubs here only as POF cos its not CEC? Thank you

Sample of ITA letter below. If her's doesn't say CEC, then that's where valid job offer comes in (as I understand it).

I have to admit to not understanding the valid job offer definition well. It's not 100% clear to me if an LMIA is needed or not (I thought it was but I'm not certain). Maybe others can help or check Canadavisa or ask a registered consultant.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Toylove: 10:19am On Feb 25
GraciousWords:

Pls see page 1 post 4 - once you have a profile, whether you are picked for CBD depends on what you update as your NOC/ French scores, you do not apply for it separately.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ambycris2020: 11:49am On Feb 25
Nicole2024:
Hello all,

Please i’m 25, single, no sibling in Canada and currently have up to 3 years work experience with a Bsc in mass communication. Heard about the express entry program and I'm thinking of entering the pool this year and plan to take IELTS in April. I'm also taking the BCS IT certification later in the year so I can get more points with two or more certificates

However, my work experience is divided across different fields: 10 months in digital & content marketing during NYSC (ICT company) and 2+ years in product management at a fin-tech

Apart from a masters which is not feasible right now. What do you advise to get more points?
Thanks everyone 🙏🏾

Hi Nicole I will like to ask you something.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 4:44pm On Feb 25
GraciousWords, you just eased off my worries. Only God can thank you for me. May you find favour before God and man 🙏
GraciousWords:

Page 1 FAQ 35 please.

Looks like by your admission and the IRCC definition (https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html) you are separated. When you get ITA your checklist will show exactly what you need to provide as legally separated, it may likely be same as the lady in FAQ 35.

Not sure you can add your new babe to your app until the divorce from previous madam is final, but I no be lawyer sha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ocizzu(m): 10:14pm On Feb 25
THanks for the response . please what do you mean by jD ?
Tonyamori:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ocizzu(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25
Tonyamori:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 10:56pm On Feb 25
JD means Job Description
Ocizzu:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bimmms: 11:12am On Feb 26
Relocating abroad and you want to sell your household items in bulk or your car, contact Bimbo on 08168064058 ,lagos only

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.