Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. (1756 Views)

The 'Girlfriend Question' My Cousin's Wife Keeps Asking Me / Man Caught Cheating, Thrown Out By His Girlfriend With Only Property He Bought / My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Emeka511(m): 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2021
I am a very hard working young man and also a graduate though I lost my job due to the company gave almost all the junior staff redundancy due to the company reasons.
I struggled and started doing business recently though it's not been easy getting customers but I'm trying my best even here on nairaland.
I have this gf I've been dating for more than 3 years and she's an undergraduate... She does her biz just to support herself too..
She always talk about me living the country which I see as a good idea but the problem is I don't have enough money to take myself abroad.
She tells me so many things which are not right including using her friends bf as comparison with me. Even yesterday she told me her friend's bf just travelled out which I don't think it's any of my business...

If that wasn't enough she even asked me to go to the bank to get a loan and I can use my family house which my late father left in the village as collateral for the loan which I found very stupid of her saying such to me...

It really gave me concerned and I tried asking friends some friends if it was a good idea tho I didn't tell them she was the one who asked me to do so... I also tried talking to her that what she said about the collateral was some unreasonable talk to me because if anything goes wrong I will lose my family's property, and also lose respect from my family, relatives, friends too but she doesn't see anything wrong about the collateral till now and she still claims there's nothing bad in doing that, after all it's for my good.

Pls nairalanders what do y'all think about this type of girl friend ? Do you think Its a good idea being with such a lady or I should go ahead taking this loan?? Pls I need matured answers but if you want to bash me it's fine. Good day n

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by otipoju(m): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2021
Do not do it. You will surely regret it.
100% guaranteed. Inwint even bother reading your story. Headline is okay

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Nackzy: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
If you do that, you're the Most Stupid Man on Planet Earth, And even in your next Life you will never have sense

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Davash222(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
This is no reason to discard her.

The loan she's suggesting is for you not for her. She gave her suggestion as a Nigerian girl with fish brain, what were you expecting? You don't date a Nigerian girl and expect sensible contributions.

Manage her like that.

27 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Ahmed0336(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
grin

Sorry bro, you're dating a WITCH...........

I'd advice youfocus on your biz, leave woman matter for now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by JoeSoapy: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
Don’t do it, and i will advise you breakup with her asap before she turns you into a shadow of yourself

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
Seems you didn't read my other post... You collect loan and be forced to run errands for loan firm. Plus this is a family property left by your dad ad your gf not even wife ask you to collect loan are you dumb to even ask such question here. No matter the circumstances never peg your inherited property for such bait.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2021
Get the loan bro. She's giving u a very good advise. Girls like her are very rare nowadays.
Marry her bro coz you've been kayamatized

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Aforxzy(f): 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
Please don't go for the loan. Keep hustling and things will get better, slowly but surely. And that your girl is silly for the comparison.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Coivdgiveaway: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
Even my wife can't tell me that kind of nonsense talkless of a girlfriend

What kind of girlfriend are they raising nowadays

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Whazar(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
u don jam scammer lol
twill surely end in tears

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by chatinent: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
If one judged by the caption, one would think the gf is self-centred, meanwhile, she is actually looking out for your best interests... inasmuch as taking a loan to travel out is a blind journey.

She didn't say sell it. She said you take a loan using it as collateral, travel out, get a good job, pay back the loan.

Whether it's the only house left in the village or not, the future of it will still be in your hands if you use the time abroad discreetly, invest, then return.

By the way, comparisons aren't my thing! That's silly of her.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by InvestorRicky(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
Taking a loan(even without collateral) just to leave the country to a place where u do not have job offer is off the chart & I will never advice such.leaving d country does not certify making it in life,there are poor,jobless & people seeking for jobs in those coutries. It would b different if it was for investment purposes. I did sold one of d lands I inherited from my late father years back 2 start up a business,then I had alot of criticisms for selling an inheritance but I never regretted it as I'm currently doing fine & taking care of my siblings. Comparing u to her friend's bf is just beyond what I can tolerate if were u! She no longer need you but a guy of certain class hence d comparison. Clearly,she's going 2 leave if a richer guy comes her way. Plan your life very well. Selling or taking loan(only when u know what u are doing) with certain portion of ur proper to expand ur investment or invest(especially in Agriculture) will be d best decision u can make right now.

NEVER TAKE LOAN TO TRAVEL ABROAD UNLESS U WANT TO DIE OF DEPRESSION & CONSEQUENTLY ATTEMPT SUICIDE

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Stephen0mozzy: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by ZhanVeera(f): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
She only gave you an advice Mr man,
I'm certain she's not forcing you to take the loan,

This shouldn't be an issue,
It's left for you to discern advice which you deem worthy enough,

You're old enough to say no or yes with reasons, undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by fikayormi(m): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
Op make you no dey talk waka for road , don’t follow that fish brain advice

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by MJBOLT: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
I know you are already considering taking the loan that's why you are here to seek advice undecided
That girl go put you for wahala

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by MJBOLT: 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Davash222:
This is no reason to discard her.

The loan she's suggesting is for you not for her. She gave her suggestion as a Nigerian girl with fish brain, what were you expecting? You don't date a Nigerian girl and expect sensible contributions.

Manage her like that.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by joinnow: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
Emeka511:
I am a very hard working young man and also a graduate though I lost my job due to the company gave almost all the junior staff redundancy due to the company reasons.
I struggled and started doing business recently though it's not been easy getting customers but I'm trying my best even here on nairaland.
I have this gf I've been dating for more than 3 years and she's an undergraduate... She does her biz just to support herself too..
She always talk about me living the country which I see as a good idea but the problem is I don't have enough money to take myself abroad.
She tells me so many things which are not right including using her friends bf as comparison with me. Even yesterday she told me her friend's bf just travelled out which I don't think it's any of my business...

If that wasn't enough she even asked me to go to the bank to get a loan and I can use my family house which my late father left in the village as collateral for the loan which I found very stupid of her saying such to me...

It really gave me concerned and I tried asking friends some friends if it was a good idea tho I didn't tell them she was the one who asked me to do so... I also tried talking to her that what she said about the collateral was some unreasonable talk to me because if anything goes wrong I will lose my family's property, and also lose respect from my family, relatives, friends too but she doesn't see anything wrong about the collateral till now and she still claims there's nothing bad in doing that, after all it's for my good.

Pls nairalanders what do y'all think about this type of girl friend ? Do you think Its a good idea being with such a lady or I should go ahead taking this loan?? Pls I need matured answers but if you want to bash me it's fine. Good day n
Instead of using it as collateral and paying exorbitant interest 19- 28% which is tantamount of jeopardizing your capacity to pay back even though the bank will give you 1/3 of the property value.
Why not sell it outright.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Gudbadguy: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hahaha are my eyes seeing well? All these senseless pipul telling u not to take d loan.guy if the house can get gud amount of loan better get d loan and go for Germany or any developed country through school route.as their schools are free.you won't touch d money like dat as u go dey hustle.as dey release d funds for u in Germany u go dey send am back to d bank in naija

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Goldenboy842(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Bad idea caused by lack of contentment and faith in God.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Tushmanny123: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
She knows something will enter her pocket from the loan.... She's selfish. Don't do it. Ifs its for business, its understandable, but travel? Hell NO. What if them deny you visa?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Kirkman: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
I only have one advice for you; don't listen to her, she will be the downfall of you, don't they have lands in her family that she can use as collateral for her loan. Why must it be your own family land that she wants to use?

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Tomilola360: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
Emeka511:

so? why tell us?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by muller101(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
Op send that thing away.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2021
If you like don't break up with her and gave your life. Must you have a girlfriend?
Is it that you can't think or what. If you use the only property your family has for the loan and the money doesn't get you what you want, how will you live with yourself. Abi you never see people that were scammed with fake visa? That's just in case ahit happens.
Getting a loan is not a bad thing..but you should be 90% sure of how exactly you want to invest the money and also have a plan be of what you are looking at doesn't come by. Of you needed Laon, tour babe won't be the one telling you to get it. As for her comparing you with her friend's bf, you need to do something about that. You owe her no explanation why you are you and her friend's BF is him..you two are not the same and you should not let her pressure you into trouble.
It's good to have an ambitious woman because she will push you to do more. but her ambition should be a healthy one. Unhealthy ambitions will only frustrate you the more.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Nonexisting1: 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
For you to have stayed with her this long with all the bullshits going on in the fucklationship, she is good for you so please keep her before she falls into the hands of a sane man.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Orire01(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
Emeka511:
I am a very hard working young man

She tells me so many things which are not right including using her friends bf as comparison with me.

.. she even asked me to go to the bank to get a loan and I can use my family house which my late father left in the village as collateral for the loan which I found very stupid of her saying such to me...

Pls nairalanders what do y'all think about this type of girl friend ? Do you think Its a good idea being with such a lady or I should go ahead taking this loan?? Pls I need matured answers but if you want to bash me it's fine.

You know the answer already.

If you sell the only family property you have and the visa didn't work out after spending money, How you go produce the house back?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Kirkman: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
Orire01:

You know the answer already.

If you sell the only family property you have and the visa didn't work out after spending money, How you go produce the house back?
Very valid question sir. grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by SavageResponse(m): 12:25am On Nov 02, 2021
You have no right to use family property to take personal loan for your own use

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by muheeb01(m): 1:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Don't ever try it and abort the mission...that's even a red flag for you in the relationship use your head

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking Me To Get A Loan With The Only Property My Dad Left. by Jeon(m): 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
Yes do it
And please stop disturbing us..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

9 out of 10 guys always fall for this kind of girls, if you are like this you r? / The Most Important Information You'll Ever Read About On The Internet / What Do You Know About Girls Who Masturbate And Dont Hide It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.