|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,104,474 members, 7,660,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 02:21 PM
|7 Better Ways To Handle Relationship Issues Without Fighting Or Quarreling by wendyberry(m): 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2021|
A lot of couples, married or in a relationship can’t handle issues without a fight or a quarrel. Hard as it may sound, there are ways you can handle your relationship issues without having to fight or quarrel.
1. PUT ASIDE PRIDE AND EGO: Two of the major reasons couples have so many unsettled issues are pride and ego. These two forces would make you want to win every argument, they would make you see your partner’s point as inferior and would also push you into believing that you are always right.
2. HANDLE YOUR EMOTIONS: It’s also important to keep your emotions in check when faced with a relationship issue. There is a thin line between having a talk with your partner and having a heated argument. When emotions aren’t put in check, they lead partners to have heated arguments.
3. AVOID ACCUSATIONS AND COUNTER ACCUSATIONS: When settling a dispute with your partner, one important rule to always remember is avoiding accusations. Avoid the blame games and who you felt was wrong. When you are still at who’s wrong and who isn’t, your dispute might never get settled — you would only keep hovering around accusations without making any meaningful impact.
4. LISTEN: Sometimes, all partners have to do is hear each other out. When trying to handle relationship issues, practice listening to each other — if you can find a way to listen to each other, your relationship would be better off for this.
5. AVOID INTERRUPTING YOUR PARTNER: This goes hand in hand with the previous tip. Listen to your partner and allow your partner to conclude speaking before you respond. When this principle is applied, communication becomes easier, and proper communication is what would help you and your partner settle issues properly and with understanding. Always remember that communication fosters understanding.
6. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK: While this might seem hard, but it’s also important. Avoid name-calling and try not to hurt your partner with your words. Speak fairly; this is important. If you can, call your partner sweet names while discussing; this would calm
CONTINUE READING: https://www.lovebird.com.ng/2021/11/7-better-ways-to-handle-relationship.html?m=1
|Re: 7 Better Ways To Handle Relationship Issues Without Fighting Or Quarreling by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2021|
It all boils down to proper communication and understanding.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21