Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. (1325 Views)

10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / Ten Silly Things Girls Should Stop In 2018/pic / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Mikester: 11:55am On Nov 02, 2021
In this single life we live, we are mostly categorized by the majority of us into two groups - the good and the bad. You're either good or bad.

True, we have the good people and we have the bad and very bad people but have you ever considered that nature doesn't seem to care if you are good or bad but rewards you only based on your level of strength and not how good or bad you assume yourself to be?

Yeah, you see people who you deem to be bad, arrogant and unpleasant progressing daily while you who faithfully held to the morals you were taught seem to be continously bleeped up by life all the time. You wonder why in spite of all your morality and upright living, you seem to be inferior all the time with no sign of betterment in sight.

I'll share with you what is going on. Life is a game and those who live are either players or non-players, Liberals or NPCs.

Those people you see took some steps you aren't taking. They grabbed opportunities ruthlessly and compromised on the sentimental messages society tells them. Unlike you, they live life by their own rules and standards unapologetically. They are neither moral or immoral, they are amoral as nature herself is. They do not send anyone or try to please anyone. They are "liberals" - people who follow their own thoughts, wills and rules unapologetically in spite of what society says. This doesn't necessarily make them bad, it makes them alive.

They are players (free-minded) while you are an NPC (subservient to societal whims and standards which limits you from being a better you).

Those who are familiar with game playing will have an idea on what an NPC is. The term non-player character (NPC) comes from the world of video games.

An NPC is a character not controlled by any of the players; the program controls the NPC to advance the plot. Since the character is controlled by the game, the range of actions the character can take is limited and predictable.

NPCs in real life are people who hardly think for themselves or make their own decisions; they mostly live life by what happens to them, what society tell them, what their family tell them and are thus limited and less productive.

An NPC is seemingly a human that is unable to think objectively. Someone using no critical thought or reasoning skills. Simply regurgitating a set of arguments and non-sequiturs bequeathed to them by someone else. In simple terms, If you blindly agree with whatever a person or group says without critical consideration, you're an NPC.

For example, if you easily swallow up what superiors tell you, if you simply believe what politicians tell you during their manifestos in spite of previous or recent demonstrations of incompetence from said politicians and sell your conscience, if you go for inferior products based on what people tell you, criticize you, guilt-trip you; if you go for poorer taste of women or men as the case may be by reason of what people tell you or to avoid shame, rebuke or criticism, you're an NPC, a human robot and not a player.

A)

John (NPC) - When I am 30, I'm going to get married

Pastor Paul (society) - Ha! Isn't that too late? Any man who isn't married at latest 25 is irresponsible and immature. Son, drop that delusion and be a real man. You don't know the happiness that might elude you for making that decision.

John (NPC) - (ashamed) Hmm, I guess you're right sir. [i]

B)

Michael (player) - (in good spirits. Hits the table with his fists)...[i] Guys, after this money set in, I'm going to get myself a young nubile virgin girl to marry. Can't wait! [i]

Rita (society) - [i] (looks at him with resentment) What about those ones you have used and dumped. Who is going to marry them? [i]

Michael - (unapologetically) [i] That's their problem. They knew what they were getting into when they agreed to me. I no kill person.

Rita - Unbelievable! So you're just gonna drop them like that, trash like you! (Hisses) Can you imagine?

Michael - (unperturbed) This sort of thing happen all the time, why is mine news? I'm still gonna get married to a virgin girl. Can't be having unnecessary wahala.

Taiwo (NPC) - Rita leave him jor! Does virginity guarantee marriage stability. Guy I think say you sharp. As for me, I no mind if my woman no be virgin. Dem no dey chop virginity.

Michael - Whatever

From A and B, we have John and Michael. From societies' glasses, Michael seems to be the villain here, the bad guy but Michael is just securing his future and he is ruthless about iit even though those around him do not agree with him unlike John who was easily dissuaded from what he yearns for.

Sometimes, you have to bend the rules and do what will make you happy even though those around you aren't comfortable with it as long as you're sure it will yield you happiness.

Life shouldn't be what just happen to us. There is more to life than what people believe in and you can only experience this when you stop being an NPC and start living life on your own terms.

How to stop being an NPC in your own life

- Realize you are an NPC limited by societal views and you need to open your mind for your own life improvement and to be the best version of yourself.

- Create your standards and abide by them unapologetically

- Understand that no great genius ever existed without a touch of madness and societal criticism. If you want to be great, you must be mad and amoral as nature is. Karma doesn't exist. No one will flog you for the choices you make. You either get the good things from your life from your strength and wisdom or get the evils of life from your weakness and stupidity.

What am I saying?

I'm telling you to open your mind. You're the owner and driver of your life. Don't let others steal your seat or tell you how you should live thereby limiting your productivity. Stop being a zombie, a slowpoke, an NPC. Stop living to please society. Stop being a puppet for those who have small minds.

Take charge of your life and live it to the fullest.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Mikester: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove pls help move to frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Stanchem029: 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mikester:

Wrong thread
He is a fraudstex, avoid him.
Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by hazard7(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mikester:
In this single life we live, we are mostly categorized by the majority of us into two groups - the good and the bad. You're either good or bad.

True, we have the good people and we have the bad and very bad people but have you ever considered that nature doesn't seem to care if you are good or bad but rewards you only based on your level of strength and not how good or bad you assume yourself to be?

Yeah, you see people who you deem to be bad, arrogant and unpleasant progressing daily while you who faithfully held to the morals you were taught seem to be continously bleeped up by life all the time. You wonder why in spite of all your morality and upright living, you seem to be inferior all the time with no sign of betterment in sight.

I'll share with you what is going on. Life is a game and those who live are either players or non-players, Liberals or NPCs.

Those people you see took some steps you aren't taking. They grabbed opportunities ruthlessly and compromised on the sentimental messages society tells them. Unlike you, they live life by their own rules and standards unapologetically. They are neither moral or immoral, they are amoral as nature herself is. They do not send anyone or try to please anyone. They are "liberals" - people who follow their own thoughts, wills and rules unapologetically in spite of what society says. This doesn't necessarily make them bad, it makes them alive.

They are players (open-minded) while you are an NPC (subservient to societal whims and standards which limits you from being a better you).

Those who are familiar with game playing will have an idea on what an NPC is. The term non-player character (NPC) comes from the world of video games.

An NPC is a character not controlled by any of the players; the program controls the NPC to advance the plot. Since the character is controlled by the game, the range of actions the character can take is limited and predictable.

NPCs in real life are people who hardly think for themselves or make their own decisions; they mostly live life by what happens to them, what society tell them, what their family tell them and are thus limited and less productive.

An NPC is seemingly a human that is unable to think objectively. Someone using no critical thought or reasoning skills. Simply regurgitating a set of arguments and non-sequiturs bequeathed to them by someone else. In simple terms, If you blindly agree with whatever a person or group says without critical consideration, you're an NPC.

For example, if you easily swallow up what superiors tell you, if you simply believe what politicians tell you during their manifestos in spite of previous or recent demonstrations of incompetence from said politicians and sell your conscience, if you go for inferior products based on what people tell you, criticize you, guilt-trip you; if you go for poorer taste of women or men as the case may be by reason of what people tell you or to avoid shame, rebuke or criticism, you're an NPC, a human robot and not a player.

A)

John (NPC) - When I am 30, I'm going to get married

Pastor Paul (society) - Ha! Isn't that too late? Any man who isn't married at latest 25 is irresponsible and immature. Son, drop that delusion and be a real man. You don't know the happiness that might elude you for making that decision.

John (NPC) - (ashamed) Hmm, I guess you're right sir. [i]

B)

Michael (player) - (in good spirits. Hits the table with his fists)...[i] Guys, after this money set in, I'm going to get myself a young nubile virgin girl to marry. Can't wait! [i]

Rita (society) - [i] (looks at him with resentment) What about those ones you have used and dumped. Who is going to marry them? [i]

Michael - (unapologetically) [i] That's their problem. They knew what they were getting into when they agreed to me. I no kill person.

Rita - Unbelievable! So you're just gonna drop them like that, trash like you! (Hisses) Can you imagine?

Michael - (unperturbed) This sort of thing happen all the time, why is mine news? I'm still gonna get married to a virgin girl. Can't be having unnecessary wahala.

Taiwo (NPC) - [I] Rita leave him jor! Does virginity guarantee marriage stability. Guy I think say you sharp. As for me, I no mind if my woman no be virgin. Dem no dey chop virginity.[/I]

Michael - Whatever

From A and B, we have John and Michael. From societies, glasses, Michael seems to be the villain here, the bad guy but Michael is just securing his future and he is ruthless about iit even though those around him do not agree with him unlike John who was easily dissuaded from what he yearns for.

Sometimes, you have to bend the rules and do what will make you happy even though those around you aren't comfortable with it as long as you're sure it will yield you happiness.

Life shouldn't be what just happen to us. There is more to life than what people believe in and you can only experience this when you stop being an NPC and start living life on your own terms.

How to stop being an NPC in your own life

- Realize you are an NPC limited by societal views and you need to open your mind for your own life improvement and to be the best version of yourself.

- Create your standards and abide by them unapologetically

- Understand that no great genius ever existed without a touch of madness and societal criticism. If you want to be great, you must be mad and amoral as nature is. Karma doesn't exist. No one will flog you for the choices you make. You either get the good things from your life from your strength and wisdom or get the evils of life from your weakness and stupidity.

What am I saying?

I'm telling you to open your mind. You're the owner and driver of your life. Don't let others steal your seat or tell you how you should live thereby limiting your productivity. Stop being a zombie, a slowpoke, an NPC. Stop living to please society. Stop being a puppet for those who have small minds.

Take charge of your life and live it to the fullest.

Splendid, Wow what a mind-blowing piece. Nice one op, I caught cap for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Mikester: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2021
hazard7:

Splendid, Wow what a mind-blowing piece. Nice one op, I caught cap for you

Thanks man. I wonder what Lalasticlala thinks about my signature.

1 Like

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by CuteMike01(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
The most inspiring message I have read so far this year. Like play, like play most of us are just NPCs in our day to day life especially in Nigeria here.

You imagine people voting for the same leaders who put them in unbearable suffering or some others tolerating toxic partners in order to feel high among society or to prove a useless point.

Sha sense is not too common. Where are the mods?

5 Likes

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by hazard7(m): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mikester:

Thanks man. I wonder what Lalasticlala thinks about my signature.
He should know it is the absolute truth but I forgot society hates the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Mikester: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
hazard7:

He should know it is the absolute truth but I forgot society hates the truth.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it but sadly large groups of people such as the society mostly take emotional decisions over the truth.

We need to learn the habit to take our own decisions unapologetically. The essence of life is to live it to the fullest, making the best of all situations and times and not always following what the majority believe in or are doing.

The ideal man is the one who takes life with dignity and grace, making the best of all circumstances not the one who always follow the dictates of the society and is applauded for such.

2 Likes

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by SenecaTheYonger: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
This NPC meme that started on 4chan is what you guys are now taking as real fact and writing such long articles about it? grin grin

I was on the thread where this meme originated on 4chan's /pol/ (political incorrect) section. A particular user said he felt that there are some people on Earth that did not have an inner monologue (inner voice), like how you talk in your head without speaking out loud while reading/thinking. We would then proceed to call them NPC. We also drew that grey photo which is just a variation of the popular wojack meme.

It was just supposed to be a meme. Yes, a few people did not have internal monologue, but it wasn't enough to make such a big deal out of it. WTF.
Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by hazard7(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
Mikester:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it but sadly large groups of people such as the society mostly take emotional decisions over the truth.

We need to learn the habit to take our own decisions unapologetically. The essence of life is to live it to the fullest, making the best of all situations and times and not always following what the majority believe in or are doing.

The ideal man is the one who takes life with dignity and grace, making the best of all circumstances not the one who always follow the dictates of the society and is applauded for such.

Truer words have never been said bro

4 Likes

Re: Why you should stop Being A Non-player Character (NPC) In Your Own Life. by Raalsalghul: 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Very brilliant piece.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Help / World Against Men By Men And Also To Men!!! / 10 Mistake Men Do During $ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.