Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (38967 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) / A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by 11Anonymous(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
I've been thinking about how our present girls are selective grin and I came up with this.
Can you as a girl marry a guy that has only an SSCE certificate? (stopped at SS3)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
11Anonymous:
I've been thinking about how our present girls are selective grin and I came up with this.
Can you as a girl marry a guy that has only an SSCE certificate? (stopped at SS3)

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Peachess(f): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
No, fucking way, I can't do that. You don't expect me to go through the stress of getting a degree, then settling down with someone with a lower degree. The truth is, there's always going to be jealousy and so many annoying shit like that, his ego will always be an issue. I want someone that reasons better than me, that I can have a reasonable conversation with. Most educated people can't even have a reasonable conversation not to talk of a school dropout (I know that there are exceptions).
*modified*
Those quoting asking me and asking me if he's rich should know marriage is not all about money. You need someone that you share common ground with and reason alike. I've seen marriages like this, how they struggled and how it all crashed. Most times the person with a lower degree will always feel like the other person is proud and acting too smart just cos he/she has a degree. And this jealousy will always bring dispute...
And those people pained cos of my comment, don't be. Everyone has a preference, everyone can't like the same thing. I won't judge you if you choose to marry a fat, slim, curvy, short, tall, fair, dark, beautiful or ugly lady. So respect mine and stop letting sentiments to cloud judgements.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

In this age, i cant do it. there are uncountable stories of people who struggled 2 train themselves through school. he didnt do it, not because of money BUT because he thought it was not necessary. Any man with that mentality is not fit to be my husband and life partner. when we get married, i would have submit to him, i cant marry such a man only for him 2 tell me my children does not need to do BSc or MSc is a waste of money.
which bsc does indimi, ahmed musa or emenike have . Having a bsc doesnt make u a beta or worse person. In the uk (who colonised us) secondary school education is seen as enuf. A female doc can marry a gardner or cleaner. And no fuss wud be made of it. We really have a long way to go in nigeria. Some have bsc they cant speak or write good english. All those expats in julius berger, cappa and d alberto, and those oil workers in PH . most dont have bsc just vocational courses. Smh for nigeria o

350 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Peachess:
I can't do that.
even is his name is Wilfred Ndidi or Kelechi Iheanacho grin. Dey decieve ya self

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Dasherz(f): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
I can .. so far he's not a dumbo ... a degree doesn't make you enlightened ... you choose to be enlightened in the mind degree or none

240 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by SuperSuave(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
which bsc does indimi, ahmed musa or emenike have . Having a bsc doesnt make u a beta or worse person. In the uk (who colonised us) secondary school education is seen as enuf. A female doc can marry a gardner or cleaner. And no fuss wud be made of it. We really have a long way to go in nigeria. Some have bsc they cant speak or write good english. All those expats in julius berger, cappa and d alberto, and those oil workers in PH . most dont have bsc just vocational courses. Smh for nigeria o
Leave am! some people's eyes don dey clear small small while others are still in the dark.

Skill ti take over, Bsc Msc o jawo mo!

90 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
yeyerolling:

Thank you, dat is why i cant marry a person with such mentality, u av ur preference and i have mine. this country is in dire need of educated people. the people u are mentioning , many of dem accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people. so mentioning them makes me pity you.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by phintohlar(f): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
Why not, i know weda na me tell God when i dey come world say na ssce holder i wan marry. Sanyeri (a yoruba actor) isn't educated but married a unilag graduate.

35 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by pocohantas(f): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
NO. Not just having the degree, but being grounded in his field...academically.

Please, nobody should come here to form holier than thou and smh for Nigerians. We all have something that attracts us to the opposite sex, love isn't blind after all. That's why some guys won't marry that hardworking girl selling fish in the market, you'll prefer the hardworking banker.

For some, it's religious inclination, some educational, physical, financial, cultural...etc. It doesn't make you better than them, you also saw something in your own partner that they probably won't care about, because it's not something that ticks the box for them.

Except you can marry that uneducated, timid, disabled [I mean no offence to this group], and not too good looking male/female, don't just try to form better than others.

We all have our choices, If you're not condescending about it...no probz.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Blackhawk03(f): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
Tarti billion for d akant and we're good to go. cheesy grin cheesy kiss kiss

10 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Lalas247(f): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
As long as he can speak good English and got something doing ...YES

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
No, make no mistake, I don't see them as inferior but I just know that his thinking level and mine won't be the same.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yes
Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Safiaa(f): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
A degree is a certificate. Thats all. It really doesn't define a lot.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Lalas247:
As long as he can speak good English and got something doing ...YES

you are a hoenesst person. I have good vokaburary. You have gived us hope.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Thank you, dat is why i cant marry a person with such mentality, u av ur preference and i have mine. this country is in dire need of educated people. the people u are mentioning , many of dem accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people. so mentioning them makes me pity you.
so what we have in nigeria is education u call la cram la pour education hahahahahaha. what advancement or breakthroughs have we made compared to SA or egyptian unis

25 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
MaritzaNL:
No, make no mistake, I don't see them as inferior but I just know that his thinking level and mine won't be the same.
so attending a uni where all u did was cram and pour makes ur thinking higher lmao. NB- I had a 2.1, and i had friends with first class who bathed with soap during ebola or who believed IPOB lies easily

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by QueenSekxy(f): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
nope,,I don't think we can reason alike,,especially when I want to further my education.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
so attending a uni where all u did was cram and pour makes ur thinking higher lmao. NB- I had a 2.1, and i had friends with first class who bathed with soap during ebola or who believed IPOB lies easily
You are not making any sense, I'm sapiosexual and I can only marry intelligent person.

For your info, I don't do cram and pour, you can't do that in my course, you will fail woefully.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
MaritzaNL:
You are not making any sense, I'm sapiosexual and I can only marry intelligent person.

For your info, I don't do cram and pour, you can't do that in my course, you will fail woefully.
what has intelligence gat to do with bsc or cert

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by crixuss(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
MaritzaNL:

There are lots of people without university degrees that are smarter and more informed than majority of people with degrees. I mean no disrespect but there are people even here in Nigeria without degrees whose level of thinking are way above yours. And deciding to judge someone's intelligence or way of thinking based on the ownership of a degree is quite naive. Mark Zuckerburg doesn't own a degree. Steve Jobs didn't own a degree. Lot of the brilliant tech guys working in silicon valley don't have degrees. In fact 35% of the world's billionaires don't have a degree. Degrees are really over rated and given the present financial climate and market dynamics of today's society, I wouldn't classify anyone who decides not to have a degree as unwise.

121 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yes. If his character is impeccable and he is doing well with whatever it is that he does, yes.

18 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
what has intelligence gat to do with bsc or cert
In as much as examination is not a true test of knowledge, albeit there is no other true test of knowledge known for now, we use it, but then if one is not a degree holder, it could only mean two things.

1)You couldn't get it as a result of financial constraint or other constraints which is quite understandable.

2)You are too plain dumb to be in a tertiary institution.

Notwithstanding, there are high class illiterates that hang around with b.sc, and b.sc doesn't mean someone is intelligent, but to an extent you are not on the same level with a non degree holder no matter how you view it

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
crixuss:

There are lots of people without university degrees that are smarter and more informed than majority of people with degrees. I mean no disrespect but there are people even here in Nigeria without degrees whose level of thinking are way above yours. And deciding to judge someone's intelligence or way of thinking based on the ownership of a degree is quite naive. Mark Zuckerburg doesn't own a degree. Steve Jobs didn't own a degree. Lot of the brilliant tech guys working in silicon valley don't have degrees. In fact 38% of the world's billionaires don't have a degree. Degrees are really over rated and given the present financial climate and market dynamics of today's society, I wouldn't classify anyone who decides not to have a degree as unwise.

These folks you are calling up and down are in a civilized society, they are in developed country where they learn worthy skills without a degree and are very fluent in English, the non degree holders here mostly can't even make a correct sentence, most of them. So I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I will keep correcting someone's grammatical errors and blunders, thereby making me feel embarrassed and ruining my image which means a lot to me. Also why I said our thinking level won't be the same is because most of these non-degree holders perceive you as acting or feeling big because you have a degree and they don't, I don't know if you are getting my point, you can't give him your opinion or advice as a husband without him saying "Is it because I didn't go to school" or reminding you of him not being a graduate, there is this inferiority complex they carry around , I'm not cut out for that shiit.

Also I never made mention of one having a degree will make him automatically smart, going to school or being in school is a guide not really what makes you smart.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by BluntBoy(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
QueenSekxy:
nope,,I don't think we can reason alike,,especially when I want to further my education.

Having a degree does not mean you will reason alike. I know of a PhD holder who would rather his wife learnt a trade when she obviously wanted to get an MSc.

From some of the comments on this thread, I have deduced one thing: many people can't separate education from degrees. Do you know there are people who buy degrees? What if you fell into the hands of a man whose degree is not worth more than the paper it is printed on.

After serving my country, I got work in a hotel owned by an Alhaji. This Alhaji has nothing other than a primary 6 certificate but you need to see how much he values degrees. His children are schooling in the United States and he never tires about telling me how he regrets not "going to school". When I told him he could still go to school, he told me he was no longer interested but he would make sure his children get the best education. His wife recently got admitted to a part time program.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by crixuss(m): 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
QueenSekxy:

You don't think you can reason alike in what way exactly? You really need to change environment once in a while and meet new people from all works of life. If you do this you'll notice that having a degree doesn't define a person's scope of thinking or our wealth of knowledge. There are people who are well informed and very intelligent who just don't see any reason to waste money and 4-5 years of their lives going to the university to study a course they can get acquainted with on their own through digital learning.

I think the problem you have is that your idea of people without degrees is illiterate men who can't speak good English or write properly and who know nothing about the world. But that's just a one-sided perception. There are lots of intelligent and well informed people without degrees. Some of them are smart enough to get into school and finish but just didn't seem like going through the stress and so dropped out.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by mexxmoney: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

Ahmed Musa and Emenike accumulated wealth due to connection with rich people? Really? What of coscharis, Ifeanyi ubah, Steve jobs, bill gates e.t.c all are dropouts

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by tosyne2much(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
I know many ladies will say they can't but when money comes in place, they lower their standard and chase the man.

They will say as long as he can read ABC, no qualms cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
Being a degree holder does not guarantee happiness in the home but then, a man has to be educated to a reasonable extent
is what we have in nigeria education no lie o. so person like Cosmos maduka of cosharis wey be houseboy and wey no go school till after he had built his empire nko

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by tosyne2much(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
You no go kill me with laugh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? by Rubbiish(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Differential:
Yes. If his character is impeccable and he is doing well with whatever it is that he does, yes.
Easier said than done
If u are educated, wont your parents question u for bringing an uneducated man home?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How Can A Broke Guy Quench His Sex Desires? / A Nairalander Pre-wedding Picture After 12 Year Relationship / My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.