Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State (22087 Views)

Gunmen Raid Anambra Hotel, Rape Two Ladies / Ebonyi Cult Clash: Three Killed, Houses Burnt / 1,000 Houses Burnt In Kasuwan Magani As Kaduna Mayhem Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
No fewer than 9 persons have been killed in attacks on Fulani settlements in Mashegu Local Government Area of Niger State.

Daily Trust gathered that the attacks suspected to have been carried out by vigilantes from Maza-Kuka occurred between Sunday and Monday.

The attacks may be a reprisal of the October 25 invasion of a mosque in Maza-Kuka, where 18 worshippers were murdered while 13 others were kidnapped.

The village head of Adogon-Mallam, a Fulani community, and his younger brother were killed after the attack at Maza-Kuka.

One of the victims, Shehu Mohammadu of Gawun village, told our correspondent that “Vigilantes came to our village and burnt our rooms and we ran away. My younger brother’s wife, Hawawu, and her 10-month-old-baby were killed.

“They also killed my younger brother’s 3-year-old son and his 10-year-old daughter. My younger brother, Aliyu, was also killed. They also killed my son, Mohammadu. He was 30 years. I lost 7 members of my family. I had to run; they would have killed me too.”

Mohammed said 51 cattle, 63 rams, 53 goats and a motorcycle were taken away while his younger brothers, Abdullahi and Ali, also lost 38 goats during the attacks.

He said, “We have left the village. I live in a faraway place now. I won’t go back home because they will kill me. Some of our people are staying with relatives in Kontagora. We are afraid of going back to our settlements because they will kill us. We cannot even go to search for our animals.”

Mohammed said his younger brother was killed in a separate attack on Sunday, decrying lack of security presence in the area.

Another eye witness, who said he is also taking refuge outside Niger State, Alhaji Muhammadu Marike, said “Apart from Monday attack that led to the death of the village head and his younger brother in Adogon Mallam, they came back again and picked us. Luckily for me, one of the vigilantes who is very close to me asked them to let me go. That was how I escaped.”

“Eight persons were taken away and their whereabouts have not been known. Some of our people ran to as far as Jebba, Kano and Zaria due to renewed attacks,” he said.

Abubakar Saidu, the eldest son to the deceased village head of Adogon, said in another Fulani settlement, a new born baby and his mother were killed and their huts were set ablaze.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer of the state, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, said the command had deployed tactical team for manhunt of those behind the attack.

Abiodun asked members of the public to volunteer intelligence to assist the police and other security agencies in order to apprehend the hoodlums as investigation is ongoing.

https://dailytrust.com/nine-killed-houses-burnt-as-gunmen-raid-fulani-settlements-in-niger

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

10 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by silvoclaira: 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
Killers of all innocent people within Nigeria will be brought to book

RIP

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by JuanJO(m): 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
T
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Lavisha(f): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
Continue..
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Pierocash(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2021
They are after the attackers, but if it were the other way round ,the police will look the other way...

As long as human life is sacred ,and sanctity of life must be preserved . But however, this foolanis think they are untouchable. If every tribe pay them back in this manner,this monsters will always think twice before carrying out their evil on indigenous people.

Taraba mambilla militias taught this idiotic foolanis a bitter lesson. They dare not cough peem in Taraba

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Bantu10: 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2021
You will see Buhari swing into action coz fulani was killed

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by ATEAMS: 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
Oyyanaa

1 Like

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Techgonzo: 12:01am On Nov 03, 2021
Brahhhhhh! Na Fulani get Nigeria now o
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by 266ifeade: 12:08am On Nov 03, 2021
sad
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Damidave1124(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Watch as security operatives will swiftly swing into action to apprehend the perpetrators. But when the table turns around, they'll want to follow due process

42 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by RapistOnBail: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Internal affairs

2 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2021
Okey-dokey!
Now, what is really going on?

These people don't even seem to value life. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by AxeofGod(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Which one is gunmen again? Call them herdsmen jare.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Anaerobi(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Fulani's no d forget... But in other way round, they got what they have been dishing out.

18 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by InvestorRicky(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
People taking vengeance because of d government's negligence & inability 2 give justice to victims of fulani attacks.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Penguin2: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Things I like to hear!

Now Nupe youths are also waking up.

Very soon Hausa youths will also fully wake up and demand their land back from bloodsucking vagabonds from Futa Jalon who vulture grillers take delight in defending.

Just like military coups are not organized by senior officers but junior officers who are not yet corrupted and bought over with money, so also will the extermination of the Futa Jalon marauders not be done by northern elites by angry youths who can’t take shits any more.

If anything, one north is dead!

Nnamdi Kanu said he will destroy Nigeria with the truth and it’s already happening.

Buhari has succeeded in making the Fulani an endangered specie!

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Ayomide811(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
UGM from that side must be involved
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by paulolee(m): 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
k
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by McOluOmo: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Techgonzo:
Brahhhhhh! Na Fulani get Nigeria now o
grin
See this one, no be today na

1 Like

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by jojo1415: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
An eye for an eye grin....let the hit continue grin

16 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by donproject2(m): 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
Can we divide this country already? I did already on paper a decade ago. I created 3 nations out of Nigeria; Republic of Terrorists (I called it Repubic of Boko Haram back then), Republic of Biafra and Oodua (Oduduwa) Republic. The divide may not be the ultimate solution but it will solve problems.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by omowolewa: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
They could no longer bear it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Boogyman557: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by RodgersAkpafu: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
This is bad
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Lovenorth: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2021
I smell the intruders in the North, there is nothing that these useless Ipob terrorists will not do in their quest to set our country on fire

1 Like

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by HonestFriend: 6:19am On Nov 03, 2021
Good news... No peace for the wicked...

5 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Wokenaija: 6:19am On Nov 03, 2021
All this gworo breath Buhari/ Fulani/ terriorist supporters will avoid this topic like a plague. But it’s their reality and they encouraged all this so make them feel am too.

11 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by Klington: 6:19am On Nov 03, 2021
shocked
Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by RealLordZeus(m): 6:19am On Nov 03, 2021
This is inevitable....
And all the blood of fulani shed and those that will be shed will be on PMB head, because he failed to control the situation and i fear this will be the first of many... even after his admin, Fulanis will be greatly endagered all because of his inaction to rein them in and ppl quest for vengeance..

May God save the land

12 Likes

Re: Nine Killed, Houses Burnt As Gunmen Raid Fulani Settlements In Niger State by obembet(f): 6:19am On Nov 03, 2021
Fulani are the Best tribe in Africa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Businessman And His Driver Shot Dead By Gunmen In Bayelsa (Photos) / Young Man Commits Suicide In Katsina (Graphic Photo) / Mompha Accuses EFCC Of Blackmail, Intimidation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.