Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Windows 8: The Thread - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8: The Thread (31478 Views)

Poll: Would you upgrade when windows 8 is available??

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Maybe: 0% (0 votes)
I don't know: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Install Windows 8.1 In a System / Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 8 / Windows 8 Computers To Go On Sale In October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker:

Office 365 is ermmm a subscription based kinda office in the cloud. Office 2013 or Office 15 isnt available to the public yet.

Just technet and msdnna subscribers. It has gone RTM now and will be released soon. However, its been leaked to various torrent

sites. There is one problem though. Activation. In my case, i have activated two office 2013 suits using two different methods.

My technet subscription and KMS method.

Screen shor below showing a fully activated office 2013 suit.
Seriously, I don't want to subscribe to microsoft office 365 yet because I am very much satisfied with my Office 2007. With the video presentation I once saw online about it cloud-based plans, I am coerced to think about it again per security reason which might be a very good thing to take part in. Then, it is still not fully tested out there by people in the society. I could just wait for months before taking part in the 365 bandwagon.

I once read the KMS is usually for a time period before asking to make a final subscription. The activation code sent to me from Microsoft is still in my inbox and I might try it out soon as long as it may last. The one sent to me is for about 6 months time period though.

Now, what is your take on the Office 2013 in comparison to 365?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 4:47am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
lol Moonraker, is that you?

PS: Your name is out there, buddy.

Holy crap!!!

Thanks for noticing that!!!

Oh well, its ok!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker:

Holy crap!!!

Thanks for noticing that!!!

Oh well, its ok!!!

So that's you? shocked shocked
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 4:50am On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: Seriously, I don't want to subscribe to microsoft office 365 yet because I am very much satisfied with my Office 2007. With the video presentation I once saw online about it cloud-based plans, I am coerced to think about it again per security reason which might be a very good thing to take part in. Then, it is still not fully tested out there by people in the society. I could just wait for months before taking part in the 365 bandwagon.

I once read the KMS is usually for a time period before asking to make a final subscription. The activation code sent to me from Microsoft is still in my inbox and I might try it out soon as long as it may last. The one sent to me is for about 6 months time period though.

Now, what is your take on the Office 2013 in comparison to 365?

My take?? one sentence!!! I am an old fashioned IT personnel. This cloud thing?? aint for me!!!

dont get me wrong, its pretty cool: the cloud thing and all but i prefer to have my documents

on the go. This is why i will not be subscribing to 365.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 4:56am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So that's you? shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy Would that expression be a bad thing or good thing??

Hmmm yes!!! That would be me!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Would that expression be a bad thing or good thing??

Hmmm yes!!! That would be me!!!

O ti o, not bad at all. I dey suspect you dey use airbrush sha cheesy

You never answered my question, if you know how to obtain windows 8 for free, then there must be a way around adobe CS. I want to learn graphics/Photoshop just for the fun of it.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

O ti o, not bad at all. I dey suspect you dey use airbrush sha cheesy

You never answered my question, if you know how to obtain windows 8 for free, then there must be a way around adobe CS. I want to learn graphics/Photoshop just for the fun of it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wait!!! What does airbrush mean??

I ll tell you how if you answer my question!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wait!!! What does airbrush mean??

I ll tell you how if you answer my question!!!

I can't believe that you're a computer/phone geek and you dont know what airbrush is.lol

Airbrush = turning on the fan while taking a picture, so that the air from the fan can brush and refine your facial structure.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 5:30am On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I can't believe that you're a computer/phone geek and you dont know what airbrush is.lol

Airbrush = turning on the fan while taking a picture, so that the air from the fan can brush and refine your facial structure.

cheesy cheesy Ok!!! A polite way of saying photoshopped!!! Well, what you see is what you get dear..
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 5:36am On Nov 29, 2012
It would interest you to knw that i made a thread on getting

windows 8 for free and it was removed or hidden!!! I am guessing

that the mods dont want me to spoil their business or some other

crappy reason!!! So erm if you really want to know how, I could

PM you the details!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker: It would interest you to knw that i made a thread on getting

PM you the details!!!

I don't want windows app tho, I don't use PC. I want adobe CS lol

Lol @ mods and business lmao.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by xterra2(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
moonraker: It would interest you to knw that i made a thread on getting

PM you the details!!!

YH just PM me ,
And you still haven't told me how you crack windows 8 apps for free
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
I am on Microsoft Office 365 trial on Windows 8 Pro now. It kinda cute and flexible to work with.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2012
all4naija: I am on Microsoft Office 365 trial on Windows 8 Pro now. It kinda cute and flexible to work with.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Cute in the sense in an attractive way as per the features and look! Is that Okay?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I don't want windows app tho, I don't use PC. I want adobe CS lol

Lol @ mods and business lmao.

cheesy cheesy

For real.. I aint making shit up!!!

One of the mods are in that business. How else do you explain the deleting of that thread??

Anywayz, so you want Adobe CS6 for mac, yeah?? PM me your email. I will send it to you.

P.S. I promise not to spam you or send you love letters cheesy grin
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:43am On Nov 30, 2012
xterra2:

YH just PM me ,
And you still haven't told me how you crack windows 8 apps for free

Actually, I was referring to earlier written post from Ileke-IdI.

But if you really need it, Send me a PM. As for how i cracked the

windows 8 store apps, I believe the explanation is up. Read the thread

carefully!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 30, 2012
moonraker:

cheesy cheesy

For real.. I aint making shit up!!!

One of the mods are in that business. How else do you explain the deleting of that thread??

Anywayz, so you want Adobe CS6 for mac, yeah?? PM me your email. I will send it to you.

P.S. I promise not to spam you or send you love letters cheesy grin

Are you for real? OMG!! It costs like ~$200, if you can get it for me, you'll move up from my #1000 to #2 on my "nice people" list grin

Will send the PM.

lol @ the bolded.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:44am On Nov 30, 2012
all4naija: I am on Microsoft Office 365 trial on Windows 8 Pro now. It kinda cute and flexible to work with.

Y use the trial or 365 when you can have the full suit on your computer. Just my opinion though
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 30, 2012
all4naija: Cute in the sense in an attractive way as per the features and look! Is that Okay?

Ehrrrm ok lol
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2012
Ok, NL told me that I have sent too many anonymous mails and that I should please wait lol.

WDH, I've only sent one person a mail since. . . . what is up with this PM stuff? undecided
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:52am On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you for real? OMG!! It costs like ~$200, if you can get it for me, you'll move up from my #1000 to #2 on my "nice people" list grin

Will send the PM.

lol @ the bolded.

Ileke-IdI:
Ok, NL told me that I have sent too many anonymous mails and that I should please wait lol.

WDH, I've only sent one person a mail since. . . . what is up with this PM stuff? undecided

cheesy cheesy

Hahahhahaa See what happens when you try to stalk too many guys here!!

Anywayz, just chill. You will get it. My christmas present to you.

You wanna know the sweet part about software ment for MAC??

With a little bit of this and that, one could hack it easy peasy!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2012
moonraker:

cheesy cheesy

Hahahhahaa See what happens when you try to stalk too many guys here!!

Anywayz, just chill. You will get it. My christmas present to you.

You wanna know the sweet part about software ment for MAC??

With a little bit of this and that, one could hack it easy peasy!!!

lol @ stalk. mba!

How do you. . . . *classified info*. Do you work in IT? Yahoo-yahoo? Google-Google? Which one?

PS: Do you know how to use the CS6?

I really should have gone for this part of engineering, instead of....

*Did you get your SGN2?*
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 1:08am On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lol @ stalk. mba!

How do you. . . . *classified info*. Do you work in IT? Yahoo-yahoo? Google-Google? Which one?

PS: Do you know how to use the CS6?

I really should have gone for this part of engineering, instead of....

*Did you get your SGN2?*

Picture this scenario!!!

Cisco grade servers

gigabit connections

Mac pros

Are you seeing the picture now??

Just in case, you dont get it, Yes i work in IT.

And no i havent gotten my GN2 yet. Back ordered here.

having second thoughts. I mean there is the Motorola DNA and Nexus 4 and ofcourse the iphone 5.

Get me one for christmas, will ya?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 30, 2012
moonraker:

Picture this scenario!!!

Cisco grade servers

gigabit connections

Mac pros

Are you seeing the picture now??

Just in case, you dont get it, Yes i work in IT.

And no i havent gotten my GN2 yet. Back ordered here.

having second thoughts. I mean there is the Motorola DNA and Nexus 4 and ofcourse the iphone 5.

Get me one for christmas, will ya?

Are you serious?

You're considering those garbage phones over my SGN2?

I'm angry right now angry

Sure babes, I'll get you 3 for christmas, not just one. How do you want it delivered?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 1:34am On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Are you serious?

You're considering those garbage phones over my SGN2?

I'm angry right now angry

Sure babes, I'll get you 3 for christmas, not just one. How do you want it delivered?

Calm Up cheesy

Ok question for you. How is the battery life on the GN2?? Truthful opinions!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 30, 2012
moonraker:

Y use the trial or 365 when you can have the full suit on your computer. Just my opinion though
I have the 2013 suit already activated on my system but I am using the 365 on trial. You need a subscription plan to use it. I will subscribe the moment I finish exploring the features if only they worth it.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 30, 2012
moonraker:

Calm Up cheesy

Ok question for you. How is the battery life on the GN2?? Truthful opinions!!!

At first, I noticed that my battery was dying quicker than I expected it to, for its large size. Then you/4llerbtu suggested a way to terminate the running applications and it has helped a lot. I play games, listen to pandora, edit my PPP, run apps, excessive texting and minimal calls, etc. The battery lasts me till ~6pm of the day.

Its okay for me.

But for you. . . . grin

I really do want you to get it tho. I think that you're worth it. This phone is just magnificent.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

At first, I noticed that my battery was dying quicker than I expected it to, for its large size. Then you/4llerbtu suggested a way to terminate the running applications and it has helped a lot. I play games, listen to pandora, edit my PPP, run apps, excessive texting and minimal calls, etc. The battery lasts me till ~6pm of the day.

Its okay for me.

But for you. . . . grin

I really do want you to get it tho. I think that you're worth it. This phone is just magnificent.

There you go!!! I am glad that you some worth agreed that your usage of the phone might just be different!!!

Still watching various youtube videos about the phone and well i have had a chance to play with it live

at the docomo store (The phone carrier). Even if i wanted to get it now, I would have to wait at least

3weeks to get mine. So that leaves a very rare loophole on other choice...

I received the notification of your PM and replied. Get back to me with your email addy!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by xterra2(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
@Moonraker
I sent you an email, pls reply regarding how to get windows 8 apps for free
I think that is probably what i need from you
I have windows 8 downloaded, and many different kind of activators - i would just use the kms method, get WMC from Microsoft and bam that is it
I also have office 13,like windows 8 it sucks , MSFT used their ugly metro design language on that so i won't be using office 2013, i should probably delete it with the kms activator
If not because of developing metro apps is a must then i would have been on windows 7
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
moonraker:

There you go!!! I am glad that you some worth agreed that your usage of the phone might just be different!!!

Still watching various youtube videos about the phone and well i have had a chance to play with it live

at the docomo store (The phone carrier). Even if i wanted to get it now, I would have to wait at least

3weeks to get mine. So that leaves a very rare loophole on other choice...

I received the notification of your PM and replied. Get back to me with your email addy!!!

Already did. Thanks lol cheesy

I'll download it when I get home and let you see how I find it.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:48am On Dec 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Already did. Thanks lol cheesy

I'll download it when I get home and let you see how I find it.

Heyy dear, how did the installation go?? everything went OK??

xterra2: @Moonraker
I sent you an email, pls reply regarding how to get windows 8 apps for free
I think that is probably what i need from you
I have windows 8 downloaded, and many different kind of activators - i would just use the kms method, get WMC from Microsoft and bam that is it
I also have office 13,like windows 8 it sucks , MSFT used their ugly metro design language on that so i won't be using office 2013, i should probably delete it with the kms activator
If not because of developing metro apps is a must then i would have been on windows 7

I sent you the file via email. did yu get it?? have you tried it and what are your results??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.