Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie (12643 Views)

Please Can I Join The Programming World With A Smartphone / Into The Programming World / What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
sosowater:

Its niche focused targeting nigerians only and recently, I'm entering Ghanaian market soon.

oh great, is it POD u doing.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by kelvyn7: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
honestly speaking, i am yet to see a web developer or programmer who does not have a job or something doing...
i will advise anyone, forget about whatever you studied in school...learn how to code and you will get a job...might not be the best paying job at first but your eventual growth will surely amaze you.

many companies both home and abroad are seeking developers and UX designers...grab this opportunity!! there are tones of videos on youtube to help you.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Welcomme: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Karmatyra:
I'm a lady and I just started my journey into programming too. I started this year,last month to be precise. Im still on HTML but hopefully I am praying the journey gets smoother for me. Thanks OP for this,it's really encouraging. I'll be following up on this thread and I also look forward to your updates
Where are you learning yours?
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by kennethfranc(m): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
zubby80:
Hi guys I'm new also in this whole programming , started with HTML, I'm just a week old , please I'll also like to know if it's possible to learn coding and building a websites under 6months with 1hours study time daily?
1hr per day huh?...That's about 180hrs in 6months. I tell you bro even with dedicated 3hrs per day, you will still be at a shallow level after 6months.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Hadelesam89(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
iamDrRhymes:
According to Forbes here are lists of skills you can learn in 2022 that can fetch you cool money

1. Affiliate marketing

2. Web development

3. Programming

4. UI/UX

5. Software developer

6. Graphics design

Pick any of the named above skills, pour yourself into it, learn all you could learn about it, be an expert in it, and in no time the money will be flowing in.

Those that are interested in Affiliate Marketing should click on my signature to get free books, videos and other helpful materials on Affiliate Marketing. Available for just for 37 people though. First come first serve. Goodluck!
Please I need them. But I don't know how to check signature on nairaland
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by peacettw: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Well done @op. On the Web development journey too although that isn't my primary goal.

My target is to build something. Keep pushing and you will get there someday
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by bxcode(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
remi1444:
There's a secret I've learnt with styling using CSS. when you want to have a clearer picture of what you're doing, use BORDER: 2px solid black; for the element you're trying to style that way you can see the "result" better. Although this doesn't mean that you will automatically achieve what you set out to achieve.

Keep learning you'll be "frustrated" but just keep at it you'll be fine.
Border adds small margins to the entire div, and it may affect width size at the end. I prefer using outline: 1px solid any color:
Its a choice though wink
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by bxcode(m): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Guys perish the idea of I want to learn programming in 6 months, etc. As long as you have decided to be a programmer, you will continue to learn or you will be left behind, and you can never actually know it all. Truth is even the pros still use google search, code snippets, stack overflow etc when working on a project.
See starting off a programming career as a baby learning how to talk, you'll get better with time but you can never stop learning.
3months of consistent learning will push you off the entry and starting line, how far you go depends on you.
Is it doable? Absolutely. I was once a customer care rep, but now work as a software engineer in the same company.
Good luck guys. cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by g17prinz(m): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jobia:
Lol once in a while our mods remember we have a programming section

This name sounds familiar...(uniuyo)?
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Crackow12: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
https://zerotomastery.io/blog/learn-to-code-for-free/?utm_source=mailerlite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=im_giving_away_free_ztm_memberships&utm_term=2022-01-05

The site above gives you a proper plan for web development journey in 5 months. I must say that the road to becoming a web developer isn't an easy task.

There will be challenging times and you will want to quit sometimes. Not an expert myself and still have a lot to learn. Even top dogs in tech search online for solutions to their challenges. They all come in different ways.

With perseverance and hardwork, you will get there. Great seeing like minds here.
All the best wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by kobosmart(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
sosowater:
Since I have some spare time now due to the nature of my business, I decided to learn web development again last month.

This time, I watched videos on HTML and practised along with the tutors and I can say that I am well grounded in HTML now.

I dedicated 3 weeks in October for HTML with a lot of practice.

On November 1st, I switched to CSS and it has been a great learning experience.

I think watching videos and practicing a lot helps more than just reading books or watching videos withput practice.

I plan to build my first project with just HTML and CSS to test my abilities.

Recommendations, motivation, and valuable criticism are welcomed.

Also, special thanks to tensazangetsu20. The dude really motivates me.

PS: I am starting this journey at my early 30s.
E remain javascript and its frameworks
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Wurld: 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Alaefulu:
Okay sir thanks very much,God bless for responding, plz we fit connect so we might be chatting so as to also guide where necessary

No problem boss drop your WhatsApp number I'll share what I've learnt with you, but I've got to tell you that I also just started learning to code plus I'm introverted too.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Aaae: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Really
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by TQoflagoz: 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gud luck, you can learn more on https:\\www.w3schools.com
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by pixey(m): 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
rajiedreez:
Good, I also started my programming journey late last year, my first aim is to be proficient in web3/Blockchain development
Bros you have a long way to go.This is not to discourage you but don't allow 6 months social media story to deceive you. Master JavaScript or Python and react JS to proficiency and not just knowing it. Master Solidity to proficiency and not just knowing it and most importantly where I am currently at, Data Structures and Algorithms.I have recently learnt the importance of this in Blockchain development.Blockchain developers are for experienced developers o. That is the reality check but you can do it.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by rajiedreez: 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
pixey:
Bros you have a long way to go.This is not to discourage you but don't allow 6 months social media story to deceive you. Master JavaScript or Python and react JS to proficiency and not just knowing it. Master Solidity to proficiency and not just knowing it and most importantly where I am currently at, Data Structures and Algorithms.I have recently learnt the importance of this in Blockchain development.Blockchain developers are for experienced developers o. That is the reality check but you can do it.
gbayi my brother I'm not discouraged at all o. That's my focus for the next 18 to 20 months
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Karmatyra(f): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Welcomme:
Where are you learning yours?
Udemy,I actually was able to download from other sites too. It's really bulky Kos I downloaded ahead
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by donMIG(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Goes well... Make I get my lappy fes I will likely do same
Pls share some links just in case I don't get d lappy too soon make I for just cone back here dolow links to them vids
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I don't know. A lot of people start of there in an attempt to start a programming career. I would say if it is 100% something you want to do irrespective of whether you earn "big" or not, then go ahead! I often advice people to dive into learning a programming language direct. HTML/CSS are not programming. Learn Python if you ask me

Thanks for your input. I will look into it
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Csami(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I don't know. A lot of people start of there in an attempt to start a programming career. I would say if it is 100% something you want to do irrespective of whether you earn "big" or not, then go ahead! I often advice people to dive into learning a programming language direct. HTML/CSS are not programming. Learn Python if you ask me

Lol. There’s a guy in my office that knows how to write just python but man had to start learning html, css/bootstrap and js cause he was told to start delivering web project or find another place. So it doesn’t matter what you learn or how you learn it, delivery of project matters. In programming, no knowledge is a waste and consistency and google is key.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hadelesam89:

Please I need them. But I don't know how to check signature on nairaland

Send a WhatsApp message to 08160167621
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Welcomme: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Karmatyra:

Udemy,I actually was able to download from other sites too. It's really bulky Kos I downloaded ahead
Can you please share with me on telegram? It won't zapp your data since it like a file you are sending on telegram... Can I drop my contact? Thanks.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Mkingz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
ABCthings:
What is Html?
A markup language used to give structure to a web page
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Mkingz(m): 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Alaefulu:
Bro no ves am quoting You,am interested in this programming of a stuff bit don't know how to Start,i already bought a laptop for this course
Bro, check freecodecamp.org, w3schools.com, geeks4geeks.com, codecademy.com...you’ll find useful materials there...Also freecodecamp’s youtube channel is highly recommended. Best of luck in your journey!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by Mkingz(m): 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

I want to venture into programming. Is it advisable I start with HTML or CSS?
They are not really programming languages, but if you looking to get started on web development, then it’s a good starting point.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by gbosah91(m): 12:24am On Feb 08, 2022
I just started learning this year, but i have been on and off on programming since 2018, just finished learning html and css on freecodecamp, I'm doing their project assignment. After that i will start learning js.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by shegun4sur: 12:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Jobia:
Lol once in a while our mods remember we have a programming section

And seun is a programmer
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by holocron: 5:41am On Feb 08, 2022
Op, the time you waste typing here is better invested in the programming. It is not moi moi. You need drive and focus to make it.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by UEDIBO: 5:59am On Feb 08, 2022
miketayo:

You have started well, but I will advise you go into any javascript framework, (react, Vue, angular js etc). Once u understand HTML and css, don't waste ur time going too deep. For website WordPress is d way (basics in css and php will help) . For Web applications Javascript (react) works for me and I use php laravel for my api / backend.
There are so many templates available already so u won't be writing much HTML/CSS
Bro, I'm 38 years old, I graduated from school 2009 and till date no serious work. Can I still cope if I want to into programming?
Please be my mentor.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by miketayo(m): 6:32am On Feb 08, 2022
UEDIBO:

Bro, I'm 38 years old, I graduated from school 2009 and till date no serious work. Can I still cope if I want to into programming?
Please be my mentor.

Even if you are 50, you can still cope provided you like programming. Your love for programming has to be more than money otherwise you will quit halfway.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by sosowater: 7:20am On Feb 08, 2022
KangaIye:

Please recommend a good laptop that will serve well and not too expensive, around 70k to 80k

I'm using HP elite book core i5. Bought it in 2019 for 60k UK Used.
Re: My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie by sosowater: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2022
Thank you. I appreciate

miketayo:

You have started well, but I will advise you go into any javascript framework, (react, Vue, angular js etc). Once u understand HTML and css, don't waste ur time going too deep. For website WordPress is d way (basics in css and php will help) . For Web applications Javascript (react) works for me and I use php laravel for my api / backend.
There are so many templates available already so u won't be writing much HTML/CSS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Integrating Your Website With Interswitch Payment Gateway For Beginners / CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.