Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! (31717 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by b3llo(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
There one certain time after heavy rain while it was still drizzling. I took hold of a lightening resistor rod kept in the store. What I felt in my right hand cannot be explained.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by DeMekus: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
It's risky using a phone connected to electricity while it's raining as lightning can travel through the wire and injure you. It may damage your phone too.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by ProfChris10(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:
It was raining yesterday and Fortunately Nepa refused to take light.....

I was Charging my phone and surfing the Internet when the Lightening struck.....

What saved me was my phone that dropped off my hands, i would have been gone by now....

My vision became blurry while my legs and hands went numb.....

Have anyone experienced such?

And what should be the first Aid treatment?..

Do you use pouch case for your phone?
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by ghettochild(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

I was Charging my phone and surfing the Internet when the Lightening struck.....

What saved me was my phone that dropped off my hands, i would have been gone by now....

Yes this happened to me in Nsukka
Whilst I was charging...the lightning struck the wall n it slapped the phone out of my hand.....
I even posted it on fb n my corper colleague saw it n commented it was because I didn't go to church...lol cos she was in church that time.
Prior to this day... few days back sha...
I had previously washed our dishes outside in d rain...cos we all know how hard it is to get water or the distance we go to get it...
I was a teacher at st Charles catholic college Opi.
Well few minutes after I had done the dishes n got into the room..
Lighting struck the exact spot I was washing at.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Mrlouis: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

YOU ARE INDEED LUCKY THIS TIME. ANAYO THE DREADED MAN IN YOUR VILLAGE WAS DISTRACTED BY NATURE'S CALL WHILE ATTEMPTING TO INVOKE THAT THUNDER ON YOU.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by PlaysNigeria: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Op, you go steal phone
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Efewestern: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
I shared my experience with Atheistandproud last month. Lol, I almost got buzzed.

Don't charge while it rains!

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

Na so Barry allen take become flash? undecided

Yes, the Nigerian way
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Sainthia: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Topmaike007:
don't lie oo it's Tecno that you are using
be like na only Tecno wey neva almost kill person
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by jidxin(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

Was charging and pressing the phone when the Lightening and thunder struck..

Even me sef think say the phone no go work again.... But it's working fine....

Just that i am still feeling dizzy....
its not lightning, it merely passed your house and it affected your light
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by sleekman(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
You need to drink milk and yoghurt. You also need lots of air. You might be needing blood tonic too.
DSC7:

Was charging and pressing the phone when the Lightening and thunder struck..

Even me sef think say the phone no go work again.... But it's working fine....

Just that i am still feeling dizzy....
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by sleekman(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hahahahaha as in im village people dey follow am grin grin grin

PlaysNigeria:
Op, you go steal phone
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by schoolboymatt(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
1Alex:
Whenever it's raining with thunderstorms, I usually put my phone flight mode.

putting your phone on flight mode won't stop thunder from firing you...lol
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by beautyfunke(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

you need to stop watching season film, it one of the reason your eyes see strange things
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Eyinju112(f): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lie Mohammed
1Alex:
Whenever it's raining with thunderstorms, I usually put my phone flight mode.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by ElMekuz: 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
Same thing happened to me last year, but I didn't experience any defect in my sight and limbs... It was a terrific experience I must confess.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Chigold101(m): 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

Please does the house you live in have earth wire (thunder protector)…?

Please check if it doesn't then more troubles might still come up

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Lilsameey: 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
ThinkWISELY:

You are not lying at all,I experienced something similar last week, although mine was what seemed like a light electric shock while charging my phone and it was raining.

Please let's all be careful,once bitten twice shy,Op thank Yahweh for your life.
,.. Absolutely, I plugged my phone to the charger and immediately the thunder struck the building.
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by anochuko01(m): 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
The day I experienced this shit ehn! You no need advice me before i keep my phone for one side when lightening and thunder don dey too much
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by GoodGovernance: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Stupidity nearly killed you.

Charging and at the same time,using phone?
undecided
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by ibitolad14(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
��i have too o. I had ptsd for about 2wks after then anytime lightning struck
DSC7:

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by DSC7: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
ProfChris10:

Do you use pouch case for your phone?

Yes boss.....

Enlighten me....
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by muheeb01(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
Anytime it's raining the best thing to do to disconnect anything electrical appliances to avoid stories that touch my opinion tho

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by stamapro(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
The experience was terrible, I was charging my laptop while it was raining and AEDC had taken power as usual, but I forgot to switch off the socket switch, the movie was interesting, thank God I did not cross to the other side. What made the experience terrible for me, was the ear piece I was wearing to watch the movie. When the lightening struck, I sincerely thought my heart had exploded, the voltage I took in was such that my heart beat doubled. The ear piece caught fire in my ear, anytime I relive that experience I shudder, I really saw God's hand of deliverance. The laptop damaged. It was a near death experience.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by DSC7: 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
stamapro:
The experience was terrible, I was charging my laptop while it was raining and AEDC had taken power as usual, but I forgot to switch off the socket switch, the movie was interesting, thank God I did not cross to the other side. What made the experience terrible for me, was the ear piece I was wearing to watch the movie. When the lightening struck, I sincerely thought my heart had exploded, the voltage I took in was such that my heart beat doubled. The ear piece caught fire in my ear, anytime I relive that experience I shudder, I really saw God's hand of deliverance. The laptop damaged. It was a near death experience.

Nawaooo.....

Immediately i regained consciousness the next words that i asked the person standing close to me was what "Happened" ??

The guy was busy laughing at me asking why i had to throw away my phone......

I was like, this one no even know say i just die come back......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Ungodly: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

do not charge and press your phone while it’s raining… very dangerous, I’ve experienced such before but not as bad as yours.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by emsco91(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
THAT WAS HOW LIGHTENING BLOW MY BOX TV. I'M THINKING THE CURRENT PASSED THE ANTENNA AND WHAT I HEARD WAS BOOM. I THANK GOD THAT MY LAPTOP WAS ALREADY TURNED OFF BEFORE THAT LIGHTENING STRIKE.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by adedayourt(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
NEPA is right for switching off power when it starts raining after all

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
check maybe you can run faster than flash grin
because na so Allen take get super power too

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ngasky:

that lightning didn't go through you or your phone man. there is no way the phone will ever work after receiving just normal 220v from the socket in your house not to talk of lightning that is sometimes in the range of 1 million volts. the highest transmission towers from power stations in Nigeria carry only 330 kv and you can even hear the sound of it going through the cable at some distance away not to talk of 3x that.
what you have is panic attack not anything from the lightning. all the same go to hospital and check out your blood pressure and heart echo tests.
I doubt if you know anything about electricity
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by victoryukpong(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
DSC7:

twice though, the first one exposed my nerve sensitivity to even minuscle current, ordinary monitor de been shock me anyhow for my workplace, the second one made me develop self configurable genetic mutation, i heal faster and better than normal people, in fact almost all my scar has vanished, as an AA person, once i notice early signs of Malaria, and take just one tablet of the medicine, it'll take a long time and prolonged exposure to plasmodium before i fall sick of it again
Re: How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! by nairabacks(f): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
And they still insist 5G and 6G are safe..lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Ways You Are Unintentionally Destroying Your Smartphone / Think You Got The Best UI? Screenshot Your Homescreen And Others. / What You Do Everyday That Spoil Your Mobile Phone Battery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.