Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. (1625 Views)

Logical Fallacies Employed In Trinitarian Theology 1 / Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago / Ray Comfort Makes Atheists Think Deep. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2021
WE have numerous fallacies that religious people often commit, it seems to me that one attribute of a religious person is their total lack of philosophy and logic knowledge, hence the inability spot logical fallacies in their points. Of the many fallacies that they commit, I will list 10.

1. Appealing to Ignorance
e.g.
i. No one knows how the universe actually started hence god must of done it.
ii. We don’t have the ability to know everything, there are some things that are beyond our understanding.
Logical position: Becasue we don’t know now doesn’t mean we won’t find out tomorrow. Ignorance of the topic is not evidence for god.

2. Fallacy of begging the question.
E.g.
I. Noah’s flood is right because the Bible said it.

Logical position: You can’t use the Bible to say the claims of the Bible is right, you have to find evidence to justify those claims outside of the Bible.

3. Argumentum ad Arboretum.
E.g.
I. Everything you see around you is evidence for god, the trees, planets and all of nature. They cannot exist on their own.

Logical position: The existence of nature is evidence that nature exist and not for god.

4. Appealing to authority
E.g. Newton was a Christian and he said scientists are only discovering the works of the creator.
Logical position: did newton provide evidence for this claim? If he didn’t then we will only take those things he provided evidence for and wait for evidence others to suffice.

5. Tu quoque (whatabaoutism)
E.g. Science is also based on beliefs, hypothesis are made from beliefs.

Logical position: Whether or not science is based on beliefs, it’s not evidence that a god exist. (Budatum committed this fallacy not too long ago.)

6. Special pleading fallacy
E.g. According to the cause and effect law, everything must have a cause including the universe, hence the ultimate cause must be god.

Logical position: Why must the cause be your god and who created your god? If your god cannot be created then why can’t the universe also exist without a creator? Why must you special plead your god from the law?

7. Argumentum ad populum (appealing to population)
E.g. There are more religious people than atheists, it means that the concept of a god is true. If it’s not true then why do so much people conceive it?

Logical position: Because so many hold a belief doesn’t make it true. We still require evidence to justify it even if the whole world believes it.

8. Ad hominem
E.g. A fool says in his heart that there’s no god.

Logical position: they are not fools because they don’t believe your claims. You need to provide evidence to convince them.

9. Fallacy of faulty equivalence
E.g. If a car can have a creator then the universe must have a creator which is god.

Logical position: We know the producers of cars, we know the factories, we know the engineers, we can meet them physically and we can even sue them if they make faulty cars. This cannot be applied to your god, it’s a faulty equivalence. We cannot sue your god for making cancer cells or earthquakes.
Dtruthspeaker is fond of this fallacy.

10. Circular reasoning.
E.g. : The Bible is true, so you should not doubt the Word of God.

Logical position: This argument rests on your prior acceptance of the Bible as truth even without any evidence that it’s true. You started with what you wanted to end the argument with.

I will add an important one.

Fallacy of shifting the burden of proof.
E.g. Can you prove that god doesn’t exist?

Logical position: No I can’t, same way I cannot prove that unicorns and the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t exist. They burden of proof is on those that claim that they exist.

We atheists hope that you can be more logical in your arguments so we can take you more seriously.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Bigredmachine: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2021
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2021
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LAWS OF LOGIC AND FALLS AKA 'FALLACY' ARE MEANT TO DO AND ACHIEVE?

ANSWER= THE PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING OF NATURE AND NATURAL TRUTHS.

LOGIC IS THE POLICE/CUSTOMS & IMMIGRATION/NAFDAC/NDLEA/EFCC OF TRUTH

They do not teach that in textbooks in school ONLY PROFESSIONALS LEARN IT.

Workch:

9. Fallacy of faulty equivalence
E.g. If a car can have a creator then the universe must have a creator which is god.

Fault- Presence of reasonable defect.

Unfaulty Equivalence is NO FALLACY.

Workch:

Logical position: We know the producers of cars, we know the factories, we know the engineers, we can meet them physically and we can even sue them if they make faulty cars. This cannot be applied to your god, it’s a faulty equivalence. We cannot sue your god for making cancer cells or earthquakes.
Dtruthspeaker is fond of this fallacy.

NATURE'S, NATURALTRUTH!

EVER SEEN A CREATION OR PRODUCT COMPLAIN OR SUE ITS MANUFACTURER?

Did the Camry sue Mr Toyoda or the laptop, Samsung?

No! Nada! Never! 'Impossibe'. NATURE SAYS!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LAWS OF LOGIC AND FALLS AKA 'FALLACY' ARE MEANT TO DO AND ACHIEVE?

NATURE'S, NATURALTRUTH!

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:

5. Tu quoque (whatabaoutism)
E.g. Science is also based on beliefs, hypothesis are made from beliefs.

Logical position: Whether or not science is based on beliefs, it’s not evidence that a god exist. (Budatum committed this fallacy not too long ago.)

6. Special pleading fallacy
E.g. According to the cause and effect law, everything must have a cause including the universe, hence the ultimate cause must be god.

Logical position: WHY must the cause be your god and who created your god? If your god cannot be created then why can’t the universe also exist without a creator? Why must you special plead your god from the law.

"WHY" - THE FALL OF CHANGE OF ARGUMENT/POST.

THE QUESTION IS PROOF OF GOD/CREATOR AND NOT WHICH GOD/CREATOR! - Foul of CHANGE OF POST!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Oowel(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Total truth and on point. Don't judge reality based on your beliefs you'll get it completely wrong making your position some how erroneous...
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2021
[quote author=Workch post=107293474][/quote]

This is the case of EPA (creation human) vs. TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY (another creation, human)

Human vs. Human fight.

Not Corrolla vs. Toyoda fight!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
TOYOTA COMPANY TO PAY $180MILLION..

This is the case of EPA (creation, human) vs. TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY (another creation, human) =Human vs. Human fight.

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is the case of EPA (creation human) vs. TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY (another creation, human)

Human vs. Human fight.

Do cars have consciousness like humans?
You are still committing the fallacy of faulty equivalence.

Or you stupid or what?

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

NATURE'S, NATURALTRUTH!

Idiot is camry a living thing
is samsung a living thing
comparing a non-living thing versus a living thing is fallacy of false equivalance....
you have just proved the o.p to be correct... undecided
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
comparing a non-living thing versus a living thing is fallacy of false equivalance....
Dtruthspeaker is a slowpoke.

Creating more and more fallacies.
Does cars have consciousness?
How can a car that doesn’t have consciousness like humans sue his maker?

Faulty equivalence and stupidity in one place :S
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

Olodo! Is that not what you The Creator of your new A.I Robots and Mannequins wiil say to them?

Like, you the moronic Robot "DOES NOT KNOW THAT! ALL IT CARES FOR IS THAT IT "LIVES" EXACTLY AS YOU THINK!

AND JUST LIKE YOU UNPLUG ITS POWER BATTERY, SO ALSO DOES YOUR CREATOR UNPLUG YOUR POWER BATTERY AND YOU DIE! 1 - 1!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Olodo! Is that not what you The Creator of your new A.I Robots and Mannequins wiil say to them?

Like, you the moronic Robot "DOES NOT KNOW THAT! ALL IT CARES FOR IS THAT IT "LIVES" EXACTLY AS YOU THINK!

AND JUST LIKE YOU UNPLUG ITS POWER BATTERY, SO ALSO DOES YOUR CREATOR UNPLUG YOUR POWER BATTERY AND YOU DIE! 1 - 1!
lol, grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
Dtruthspeaker is a slowpoke.

Creating more and more fallacies.
Does cars have consciousness?
How can a car that doesn’t have consciousness like humans sue his maker?

Faulty equivalence and stupidity in one place :S
In order to prove that he is smart he ended up showcasing his stupidity.... cheesy
How the fvck do you compare a living thing with a non living thing...
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
In order to prove that he is smart he ended up showcasing his stupidity.... cheesy
How the Bleep do you compare a living thing with a non living thing...
Thats why I can never take religion seriously if the likes of Dtruthspeaker is the best they can offer to defend religion.

What a wack logic, I should show him where Camry sued Toyota. cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
Does cars have consciousness like humans?
You are still committing the fallacy of faulty equivalence.

Or you stupid or what?

Thanks be to The Creator that you have made your own creation "who is after your own image and likeness". What you call A.I Robots and Mannequins.

Do your robots care to know you?
No!

ALL IT CARES FOR IS THAT IT "LIVES" EXACTLY AS YOU ARE TO YOUR OWN CREATOR!

AND JUST LIKE YOU, ITS CREATOR CAN TAKE AWAY ITS LIFE AT YOUR PLEASURE, SO ALSO DOES YOUR CREATOR HAVE THAT RIGHT ALSO! 1 - 1!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks be to The Creator that you have made your own creation "who is after your own image and likeness". What you call A.I Robots and Mannequins.

Do your robots care to know you?
No!

ALL IT CARES FOR IS THAT IT "LIVES" EXACTLY AS YOU ARE TO YOUR OWN CREATOR!

AND JUST LIKE YOU, ITS CREATOR CAN TAKE AWAY ITS LIFE AT YOUR PLEASURE, SO ALSO DOES YOUR CREATOR HAVE THAT RIGHT ALSO! 1 - 1!
So you cannot see the fallacy in this argument? grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
lol, grin

AND FINALLY THE TRUTH STANDS REVEALED FOR WORKCH HAS NO FURTHER REASONABLE QUESTION TO RAISE! grin

Once the impossible is eliminated, whatever remains, IS THE TRUTH. No matter how unpleasant and Undesirable it is! Arthur Doyle
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

What are you even saying...

The post is about logical fallacies and you are talking of A.I and Robots...

Did anybody ask you anything on Robots...

workch are you sure this dude is okay...
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
the post is about logical fallacies and you are talking of A.I and Robots... Did anybody ask you anything on Robots...

Its another fallacy I didn’t add.
strawman fallacy. He’s not okay bros. Just let him be and wait for more logical people.

Every single post that dude makes, you can spot a fallacy. cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
strawman fallacy. He’s not okay bros. Just let him be and wait for more logical people.

Henceforth I Will have to ignore that madman... cheesy
What has this thread got to do with Robots and Manequins....
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Logic like someone who didn’t do primary 2 mathematics.
Even my 5years son won’t make those nonsense up cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

The post is about logical fallacies and you are talking of A.I and Robots...

Did anybody ask you anything on Robots...

grin SEE THE FALL OF CHANGE OF POST NOW THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOU! grin grin

Now you are running back to fallacy after I answered your query on Camry and Samsung. grin

END OF ROAD, NO ROAD FOR YOU! grin grin grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:

See fleeing! grin grin

Olodo! When you were talking about A Creator you forgot that you yourself have your own creations. grin grin

THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE according to your inability to stomach it. - Flannery O'Connor grin grin grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:

THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE according to your inability to stomach it. - Flannery O'Connor
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by XXXXTENTACION: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:
The madman is even adding motivational qoutes to justify his ignorance... cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2021
Only God can save believers in the day of tribulations, because with the way you're crying up and down on religion today it's becoming obvious that you want to hurt your neighbours for having faith in God!
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:12am On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Only God can save believers in the day of tribulations, because with the way you're crying up and down on religion today it's becoming obvious that you want to hurt your neighbours for having faith in God!

Remember it is Written "evil does not sleep UNLESS IT CAUSE SOME PERSON TO FALL"!

So he is only doing his job.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:15am On Nov 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
The madman is even adding motivational qoutes to justify his ignorance... cheesy

grin Got you all Fair and Square and Round that you could not move! grin grin grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Remember it is Written "evil does not sleep UNLESS IT CAUSE SOME PERSON TO FALL"!
So he is only doing his job.

When they failed to make their own personal research they often fall into the hands of swindlers then they want everyone to drop faith in God due to their misfortune! Psalms 10:4 cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Workch:

And yet you can not point the reasonable fall in one of them (as you attempted doing with the Camry example) WHICH DISAGREES WITH NATURE. grin

Hence Proving Nature's Truth, "THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH! grin grin grin

None at all and never shall there be! grin grin grin

Workch, this is about
Dtruthspeaker 5- 0 Workch! grin grin grin grin

NO ROAD! grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Hundredfold4lif(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nonsense!
Science is a religion that is terribly afraid of GOD.
Anything GOD perplexes science!
Do you know why?
Because science can't exist without GOD! How? Science is dead without men created by GOD!
GOD made man; man made science!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Mohammed Is NOT A Muslim: He Is Above The Laws Of Allah For Muslims / Most Popular Pastor / Islamic Banking ’ll Benefit Nigeria’s Economy – Prof Ekpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.