Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. (1655 Views)

Logical Fallacies Employed In Trinitarian Theology 1 / Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago / Ray Comfort Makes Atheists Think Deep. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Workch:
Theology must not be confirmed by science.

You don't need science to go to hospitals and grow an amputated limb that has verifiable hospital records.

You don't need science to recreated a man walking on water to prove that it happens. You only need a simple way that it can be verified outside of a book written by bronze age herders that didn't know that earth is spherical.

We don't need science to verify that humans cannot be born without fertilization, it's common sense and unscientific data findings can test that.

You have moved again from the question asked.

Do you use science to prove the love of your friend to you? Or you trust him? These are simple questions.

Love exist, but do you take them to lab to proof this?

Last last, there is still an element of trust in you even without scientific instrument.

See, there are over a million things in existence that science is still yet to know or struggling to know. Knowing God isn't close for now.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Workch:
Dude,

I don't have 100% certaintyand that's why I don't believe it. It's very illogical to believe things you are not 100% sure about.
If you have 100% assurance that he exist then how did you get that complete level of certainty?

The same way you have 100% assurance that electricity exist true scientific rules, same way I have 100% assurance of God's existence through theological rules. That's the right tool for the right harvest grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
hupernikao:

You have moved again from the question asked.

Do you use science to prove the love of your friend to you? Or you trust him? These are simple questions.

Love exist, but do you take them to lab to proof this?

Last last, there is still an element of trust in you even without scientific instrument.

See, there are over a million things in existence that science is still yet to know or struggling to know. Knowing God isn't close for now.
I'm not going to answer a logicallly flawed loaded question.

How are you sure that God exist?

I'm not sure and that's why I don't believe it.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 11:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
hupernikao:

The same way you have 100% assurance that electricity exist true scientific rules, same way I have 100% assurance of God's existence through theological rules. That's the right tool for the right harvest grin
So it means that the Flying Spaghetti Monster also exist and I believe his claim that he created the Christian God. We just need the right tool to test this claim

That logic also applies to that right?
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Workch:
So it means that the Flying Spaghetti Monster also exist and I believe his claim that he created the Christian God. We just need the right tool to test this claim

That logic also applies to that right?

Well present the theology for us to examine.

That's the domain where the prove lies. So present it.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
hupernikao:

Well present the theology for us to examine.

That's the domain where the prove lies. So present it.
What if I say the theological tools is limited and cannot find this yet? grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Workch:
I'm not going to answer a logicallly flawed loaded question.

How are you sure that God exist?

I'm not sure and that's why I don't believe it.

grin grin grin grin

You will need to study more o. grin grin

This one that I had time to even drag you into your observatory and instrumented scientific domain, you refused to answer. I hardly even want to talk to that. I won't push you far.

I prefer facing my theology. That's where the full assurance of God is. Unshaken, convinced, immovable, persuaded and assured.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Workch:
What if I say the theological tools is limited and cannot find this yet? grin

Then it is not in the domain of such. Find the domain where it exists and can be proven and present it. Theology is sufficient enough to prove a fundamental character of its study, God. The knowing can be extended, but the existence must be evident in such theology.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
hupernikao:

Then it is not in the domain of such. Find the domain where it exists and can be proven and present it. Theology is sufficient enough to prove a fundamental character of its study, God. The knowing can be extended, but the existence must be evident in such theology.
If the theological tool can’t find evidence for god, I don’t see why we shouldn’t think it cannot find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I think as the theological field is improving, it will find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster someday, unless you disagree that the theological field is improving grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
hupernikao:

grin grin grin grin

You will need to study more o. grin grin

This one that I had time to even drag you into your observatory and instrumented scientific domain, you refused to answer. I hardly even want to talk to that. I won't push you far.

I prefer facing my theology. That's where the full assurance of God is. Unshaken, convinced, immovable, persuaded and assured.
Same way the theological instrument is yet to find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Maybe it will find it in future when it improves more. We all will then know that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Yahweh.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Same way the theological instrument is yet to find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Maybe it will find it in future when it improves more. We all will then know that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Yahweh.

Theology isn't even looking for that. It's not in its premise. We are sure of what we have and have believed. We are not of such that are troubled. If it is about God o. We dey, our conviction total.

So let the one with spaghetti go to supermarket to get one.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Hupernikao, come on. You can’t run when I start using a simple Russell’s teapot against you?
I think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is beyond the comprehension of theology and we need a more sophisticated tool to be able to figure him out. Theology doesn’t know all, it’s improving and still has limitations.

Maybe in few centuries to come, it will find out that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the creator of Yahweh. I do not have to provide evidence for this, we don’t have the tool to find the evidence yet cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:12am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
If the theological tool can’t find evidence for god, I don’t see why we shouldn’t think it cannot find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I think as the theological field is improving, it will find evidence for Flying Spaghetti Monster someday, unless you disagree that the theological field is improving grin

Who told you theology can't find evidence of God? grin

God is found all through it. Revealed in essence and presence. Well documented and preserved. Like I said, you may be able to find the spaghetti in a supermarket. Theology is for finding God.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Theology isn't even looking for that. It's not in its premise. We are sure of what we have and have believed. We are not of such that are troubled. If it is about God o. We dey, our conviction total.

So let the one with spaghetti go to supermarket to get one.
Science isn’t looking for god either, it’s just making findings and some disproves god.

Theology should work hard to disprove Flying Spaghetti Monster is that same light.

It’s either you accept that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Christian god or develop a tool to disprove it grin

I love Russell’s teapot, if this doesn’t make you see the absurdity in all you have been saying then I don’t know what will make you to
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:15am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Who told you theology can't find evidence of God? grin

God is found all through it. Revealed in essence and presence. Well documented and preserved. Like I said, you may be able to find the spaghetti in a supermarket. Theology is for finding God.
Even if it finds evidence for Christian god, it can’t find for Flying Spaghetti Monster who created the Christian god.

The tools used by theology is very limited in doing that grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:16am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Hupernikao, come on. You can’t run when I start using a simple Russell’s teapot against you?
I think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is beyond the comprehension of theology and we need a more sophisticated tool to be able to figure him out. Theology doesn’t know all, it’s improving and still has limitations.

Maybe in few centuries to come, it will find out that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the creator of Yahweh. I do not have to provide evidence for this, we don’t have the tool to find the evidence yet cheesy

Run?
You always think so much of yourself.

I have posed at least two questions to you here that you don't even have an answers. I left them because I want you to have time to think through them. Even if it takes you a decade. I am not in a rush.

And in your assertion.
To have forgotten, that Christian theology is documented, it doesn't give room for unnecessary extended research. It's not finding new things, it's examining what has been documented. Hence it revealed God within its context.

If you know any spaghetti that you can't find in the market, then present a theological book that explains it, let's examine it. Christian theology examine God within the revelation of Christ. You can present to me the book that gave evidence of your thoughts.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Run?

I have posed at least two questions to you here that you don't even have an answers. I left them because I want you to have time to think through them. Even if it takes you a decade. I am not in a rush.

And in your assertion.
To have forgotten, that Christian theology is documented, it doesn't give room for unnecessary extended research. It's not finding new things, it's examining what has been documented. Hence it revealed God within its context.

If you know any spaghetti that you can't find in the market, then present a theological book that explains it, let's examine it. Christian theology examine God within the revelation of Christ. You can present to me the book that gave evidence of your thoughts.
This Flying Spaghetti Monster lives beyond space and time and the Christian god.

It must be true because the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster said it?

When logic backfires cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Even if it finds evidence for Christian god, it can’t find for Flying Spaghetti Monster who created the Christian god.

The tools used by theology is very limited in doing that grin

Present the book the book for your theology, not a roll around. I am not here to disprove even if you say your God is a rat. But present it from your evidential domain. That's simple enough.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:20am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Run?

And in your assertion.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t need proper documentation, the tools in theology now are too limited to properly describe him. He’s too complex and that’s why he’s beyond the Christian god.

As we improve, we will get to know this truth cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:20am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
This Flying Spaghetti Monster lives beyond space and time and the Christian god.

It must be true because the gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster said it?

When logic backfires cheesy

I guess you are only here to keep awake. There is no logic here you presented.

Christian presented a theology documented. If your God is a rat present the theology and documents to support this. Aside this you are only rolling on the floor in circles.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:22am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Present the book the book for your theology, not a roll around. I am not here to disprove even if you say your God is a rat. But present it from your evidential domain. That's simple enough.
He is too complex to be described totally in any book, our level of understanding is still very low to describe him.

If we cannot totally understand the Christian god, is it the creator of the Christian god that we will comprehend?
Think about it, we need to properly understand the Christian god before looking to understand the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the creator of Yahweh grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t need proper documentation, the tools in theology now are too limited to properly describe him. He’s too complex and that’s why he’s beyond the Christian god.

As we improve, we will get to know this truth cheesy

Good then, hold unto it and let him hold unto you. It's your God. As the scriptures also presented my God to me.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:23am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

I guess you are only here to keep awake. There is no logic here you presented.

Christian presented a theology documented. If your God is a rat present the theology and documents to support this. Aside this you are only rolling on the floor in circles.
When we understand Christian god completely then we can understand the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Our understanding is still limited, we cannot comprehend him. It’s the reason you cannot disprove him.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Good then, hold unto it and let him hold unto you. It's your God. As the scriptures also presented my God to me.
grin
He created your god cheesy
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:26am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
He is too complex to be described totally in any book, our level of understanding is still very low to describe him.

If we cannot totally understand the Christian god, is the the creator of the Christian god that we will comprehend?
Think about it, we need to properly understand the Christian god before looking to understand the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the creator of Yahweh grin

It's a perfect one for you. I guess you are short of defence again.

Like I have advise you, don't start discussion you don't have good knowledge about you will end up just moving in circle trying to defend yourself. Your topic is already flawed from the beginning. I presented to you simple questions but you couldn't even comprehend them.

You claim to be scientce inclined, yet you have little knowledge of the limitations of science.

You will do best to take time to do more study before coming out again to discuss about God.

That discussion is not for baby atheist else you will be giving such cradle argument as you did in your first post.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:28am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Maybe next time when you start making bogus claims about your god and then putting it to an unverifiable point, you should note your logic can be applied to just about anything that doesn’t exist.
It will backfire

If you claims are right, the the Flying Spaghetti Monster claim is also right. They don’t contradict, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is only a higher creator, bigger than Yahweh grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:30am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Like I have advise you, don't start discussion you don't have good knowledge about you will end up just moving in circle trying to defend yourself. Your topic is already flawed from the beginning. I presented to you simple questions but you couldn't even comprehend them.

You claim to be scientce inclined, yet you have little knowledge of the limitations of science.

You will do best to take time to do more study before coming out again to discuss about God.

That discussion is not for baby atheist else you will be giving such cradle argument as you did in your first post.
I also claim that theology has little limited knowledge and cannot disprove or prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster didn’t create the Christian god.

It’s true because I don’t have to provide evidence for it. I Just need to create a dubious argument that you can’t disprove, no matter what grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:35am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

i am hitting you with Russell’s teapot analogy.

It’s the best way to make you see how ridiculous your line of reasoning is.
you have been forced to accept that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist.

You do not have an option because you need your god to exist to stay relevant. So it’s okay for Flying Spaghetti Monster to exist as long as your own god exist.

It’s Russell’s teapot and it rubbishes any religious argument.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Maybe next time when you start making bogus claims about your god and then putting it to an unverifiable point, you should note your logic can be applied to just about anything that doesn’t exist.
It will backfire

If you claims are right, the the Flying Spaghetti Monster claim is also right. They don’t contradict, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is only a higher creator, bigger than Yahweh grin

Like I said, go back to your study of science. You are still in formative year. You have so much questions you can't answer. Alt least I have asked you not less than 5 questions on NL that has no return. It showed gap in your study. You need to revisit your books and work more.

This will make your argument smart and appealing but for now, you are still a learner.
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by IMAliyu(m): 12:39am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

What are your rules or at least the standards you use in your theology?

Like if for example I was looking at two different conceptual theological frameworks like Christianity and Zen Buddhism. How do I go about determining the validity/truthfulness of either with a degree of confidence?
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by Workch: 12:40am On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Like I said, go back to your study of science. You are still in formative year. You have so much questions you can't answer. Alt least I have asked you not less than 5 questions on NL that has no return. It showed gap in your study. You need to revisit your books and work more.

This will make your argument smart and appealing but for now, you are still a learner.
You still cannot disprove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Yahweh.

You cannot because it will reveal the fraud in your argument.
You see? grin
Re: 10 Common Fallacies in religion that makes atheists disbelieve Religion. by hupernikao: 12:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
i am hitting you with Russell’s teapot analogy.

It’s the best way to make you see how ridiculous your line of reasoning is.
you have been forced to accept that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist.

You do not have an option because you need your god to exist to stay relevant. So it’s okay for Flying Spaghetti Monster to exist as long as your own god exist.

It’s Russell’s teapot and it rubbishes any religious argument.

The only thing you do is to make jest of yourself in the face of any intelligent reader. A run in circle and avoidance of questions already showed how weak your points are. You only end up rubbishing your knowledge and false post you created. They were oy premised on poor assumptions and illusion.

Remember, when a man go with the wrong tool to harvest, he will labor so much and still be complaining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Destiny? Does It Exist. / Do Atheists Believe In Heaven? / Who Faith Is The Greatest Job VS Abraham?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.