Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow (19900 Views)

Unusual Occurrence Of Mixed Albino Twins In Nigeria(photos) / Mad Woman Delivers Twins In Delta State (Photos) / Man Abandons Wife After Birth Of Conjoined Twins In Imo (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by SiggyNG: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2021
N270,000 Bill: Family abandons 17-yr-old mother of twins at Delta hospital

A 17-year-old girl, Wehinmi Samson, has been abandoned at a private hospital in Sapele, Delta State over N270,000 unpaid bills, one month after she gave birth to twins at the hospital.

Wehinmi told Vanguard, yesterday, in Sapele that the boy, who impregnated her, absconded when he learned that she had twins October 4.

“He has not come to see me since I gave birth though he has been coming around.

“I last saw him when the doctor told him I was going to have twins, he told me he was coming but he never came back, his lines are not going and his people have not been here.”

Wehinmi said she gave birth through caesarian section and since help was not coming, she had no option other than to appeal for help.

The mother of twins said she lacked sufficient food to eat and she now begs to eat, while the babies also lack basic nutrients since her abandonment a month ago.

She said she has not raised a dime because she has nobody to help her, adding: “The doctor has given me a bill of N270,000.

“I have been in the hospital since October without being discharged by the management of the hospital.

“The hospital bill keeps increasing every day and I don’t have alternative means to offset the hospital bills.”

Mr Ashe Okon, a cleaner at the hospital, confirmed that the woman had been abandoned by her family.

“We have not seen her family since she came here nor her husband in the last one month and all efforts by the hospital authorities to locate him proved abortive,” Okon said.

He said the patient would only be discharged if she pays her bills and appealed to benevolent individuals and organisations to assist the woman in settling her bills so that she can be discharged from the hospital.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/n270000-bill-family-abandons-17-yr-old-mother-of-twins-at-delta-hospital/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by SiggyNG: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2021
What were you expecting them to do? Poor man that is probably unable to feed the family twice daily, striving for school fees and other expenses; you now brought another expense, one that could have been avoided if you had just closed your legs! At your age!!
Except she was raped(which is not likely, according to the story), then the old man doesn't have to go to steal or beg in the market because of a promiscuous daughter. She should be looking for her teenage boyfriend that ran away not the poor parents...

I just pity the innocent children that have started suffering just within their few months of existence. May God continue to keep them alive.

[color=#990000][/color] is still giving us latest update since 1852

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Davash222(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2021
If you must lie, be brief...how can this grandma be 17

. I last saw him when the doctor told him I was going to have twins. He told me he was coming but he never came back.

Baba Ibeji don collect Chioma Ajunwa cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by 22o62021: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2021
It’s a pity
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by ahnie: 12:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
When what's bigger than love is seen,the feet does legwork.

The pics below.....When he was toasting her.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by ahnie: 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
May God raise forth helpers for her.
Welcome to the Nigeria beautiful babies.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
: angry *Boiling with rage**

If I talk now, the dark angels of nairaland will begin to spew trash. enh?

This is something that could have been avoided by a simple closing of the legs.

Now see what she's putting herself and those innocent babies through...

Even the family can't help because they never planned for such and can you blame them? The advocators of indiscriminate sex and encouragers of unwanted pregnancies on nairaland , I hope you will help contribute for the hospital bills?

I'm not saying mistakes don't happen but some mistakes can be avoided. When you're sleeping around with jobless boys, what do you expect? Dollars and pounds in your womb? Hm..

Please, for the umteenth time, young boys and girls, zip up!!!!! Kai!

I pray she gets help for the sake of those poor innocent little children. sad

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Richy4(m): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2021

What about her immediate family?...@ 17, she's equally a kid herself...I guess the person responsible could be a teenager as well... This is just a messed up situation sad

4 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Mariangeles(f): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mercychen:
: angry *Boiling with rage**

If I talk now, the dark angels of nairaland will begin to spew trash. enh?

This is something that could have been avoided by a simple closing of the legs.

Now see what she's putting herself and those innocent babies through...

Even the family can't help because they never planned for such and can you blame them? The advocators of indiscriminate sex and encouragers of unwanted pregnancies on nairaland , I hope you will help contribute for the hospital bills?

I'm not saying mistakes don't happen but some mistakes can be avoided. When you're sleeping around with jobless boys, what do you expect? Dollars and pounds in your womb? Hm..

Please, for the umteenth time, young boys and girls, zip up!!!!! Kai!

I pray she gets help for the sake of those poor innocent little children. sad

Your problem is that you lack empathy and compassion, plus you're very judgmental.

M kwuo ugbua, gi si m'abiala.

16 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
SiggyNG:
Update from
Wehinmi Samson, a 17-year-old girl from Sapele, Delta state has been abandoned at a private Hospital by her family members over N270,000 unpaid bills, one month after she gave birth to twins at the hospital,
I hope a couple looking to give the babies a good home can find this and help out. undecided

Hey Meetme01, can your ministry help out in this case by maybe finding her a couple to pay the bill and maybe get the twins off her hands as well? undecided
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mariangeles:

Your problem is that you lack empathy and compassion, plus you're very judgmental.

M kwuo ugbua, gi si m'abiala.

Your problem is that you keep encouraging immorality with such damaging comments in disguise you call empathy instead of giving repoofs and corrections so other youths watching can be well guided and avoid such mistakes.
Spare the rod and spoil the child. The Bible didn't mince words when it made that statement. So why pamper evil?

The best you or anyone can do if you really want to show empathy, is assist them anyways you can with anything you have, out of their predicament. But her mistakes must be frowned at and pointed out to serve as a detterent to others.

Kwuo nu. Okwa gi ka onu ga fufu.

Biko! Charam nu'zo.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by ahnie: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
@The 2 igbo sister's above me,ogi ni na afio?

4 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Mariangeles(f): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mercychen:

Your problem is that you keep encouraging immorality with such damaging comments in disguise you call empathy instead of giving repoofs and corrections so other youths watching can be well guided and avoid such mistakes.
Spare the rod and spoil the child. The Bible didn't mince words when it made that statement. So why pamper evil?

The best you or anyone can do if you really want to show empathy, is assist them anyways you can with anything you have, out of their predicament. But her mistakes must be frowned at and pointed out to serve as a detterent to others.

Kwuo nu. Okwa gi ka onu ga fufu.

Biko! Charam nuzo.

Do you at least consider the state of mind of that person in their predicament before blaming them?
What did Jesus Christ do when the Jews wanted to stone to death the woman who committed adultery?
I bet if you were Jesus at that moment, you would've encouraged the stoning without mercy.

A ma'm udi gi. Ndi o di ndu a ga eligwe. Saint Mercy. Very judgmental!

Biko, chara'm n'uzo ka'm ghar'i wuzugbu gi oku o!

3 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by meetme01: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I hope a couple looking to give the babies a good home can find this and help out. undecided

Hey Meetme01, can your ministry help out in this case by maybe finding her a couple to pay the bill and maybe get the twins off her hands as well? undecided

Sure we can. Though, her present state of abode need to be put into cognizance before taking such step. Before then, there can still be series of intervention.

Let them talk to Delta State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare or the Social worker in the hospital. They will definitely take proper care of the mother and babies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
meetme01:
Sure we can. Though, her present state of abode need to be put into cognizance before taking such step. Before then, there can still be series of intervention.

Let them talk to Delta State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare or the Social worker in the hospital. They will definitely take proper care of the mother and babies..
What do you mean by her present state of abode? undecided

Also, I hope all those who submit applications are thoroughly investigated before these kids are handed over to them. Nigerians are something else. undecided

According to the story, the 17-year-old was abandoned at the hospital and probably has no clue that the ministry could be of help. Are you maybe ale to connect with Delta to get someone out there to find her and aid her?, undecided
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Sonnobax15(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
lipsrsealed
Insisting on the use of condom could have stopped all these nonsense from happening undecided. Just only one satchet of either roughrider or gold circle tongue

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by meetme01: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What do you mean by her present state of abode? undecided

Also, I hope all those who submit applications are thoroughly investigated before these kids are handed over to them. Nigerians are something else. undecided

According to the story, the 17-year-old was abandoned at the hospital and probably has no clue that the ministry could be of help. Are you maybe ale to connect with Delta to get someone out there to find her and aid her?, undecided

Her home state.(Abode)

Well, I work in the South West . Not sure they have a liason office in my State. Will check, if they do, I'd definitely show them this thread.

In the interim, nurses or social workers should be able to liase with the Ministry easily. We work together most times.
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
meetme01:
Her home state.(Abode)

Well, I work in the South West . Not sure they have a liason office in my State. Will check, if they do, I'd definitely show them this thread.

In the interim, nurses or social workers should be able to liase with the Ministry easily. We work together most times.
If that is the case, the ministry should have been involved in this case long before this, right? undecided
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by meetme01: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If that is the case, the ministry should have been involved in this case long before this, right? undecided

Absolutely
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
meetme01:
Absolutely
The story.... if there some way you can make calls to help this gal abeg help! undecided

Please keep us updated too. grin
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mariangeles:

Do you at least consider the state of mind of that person in their predicament before blaming them?
What did Jesus Christ do when the Jews wanted to stone to death the woman who committed adultery?
I bet if you were Jesus at that moment, you would've encouraged the stoning without mercy.

A ma'm udi gi. Ndi o di ndu a ga eligwe. Saint Mercy. Very judgmental!

Biko, chara'm n'uzo ka'm ghar'i wuzugbu gi oku o!

I see you're trying so hard to twist my submissions to suit your slimey judgements but you'll keep failing because no where in my comment did I suggest she be stoned or killed for her mistakes.

Im only seizing this avenue to show my disapproval and displeasure in indiscriminate sex among the youths and teenage/ unwanted pregnancy to the so many out there and on this forum. so they know it's wrong and desist from it. And that, I'll continue to do until our society is completely rid of moral decadance.

If you have a problem with me admonishing the youth any chance I get, then take the next exit out of my mentions!

I'm so done with you on this!

Gbafuo!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Mariangeles(f): 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mercychen:

I see you're trying so hard to twist my submissions to suit your slimey judgements but you'll keep failing because no where in my comment did I suggest she be stoned or killed for her mistakes.

Im only seizing this as an avenue to show my disapproval and displeasure in indiscriminate sex among the youths and teenage/ unwanted pregnancy to the so many out there and on this forum. so they know it's wrong and desist from it. And that, I'll continue to do until our society is completely rid of moral decadance.

If you have a problem with me admonishing the youth any chance I get, then take the next exit out of my mentions!

I'm done so done with you on this!

Gbafuo!

Gbanwee!
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Vision101(m): 1:48am On Nov 04, 2021
It's sweet to read the Igbo language conversation of Mercychen and mariangeles.

Umu nwanyi.... I hope I got it right

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Mariangeles(f): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2021
Vision101:
It's sweet to read the Igbo language conversation of Mercychen and mariangeles.

Umu nwanyi.... I hope I got it right

It's nwaanyi. cheesy
If you're not Igbo, you did OK.

5 Likes

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mheen
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Omniman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Candidlady: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Davash222:
If you must lie, be brief...how can this grandma be 17

[b][/b]
Baba Ibeji don collect Chioma Ajunwa cheesy

dont know who i abhor more, you or the good for nothing sperm donor that absconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by UwaMmebii(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
ahnie:
When what's bigger than love is seen,the feet does legwork.

The pics below.....When he was toasting her.

This pic crack me up lol
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Na wa
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Borntodie: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin grin grin Very very good. The only thing sad is that this children never asked to be born. Let alone in a Hell Hole like Nigerian.... grin cheesy grin

No carry Belle way una no fit train hony bastards no go listen.

Sad for the kids but happy that she will suffer. grin
Re: Family Abandons 17-Year-Old Mother Of Twins In Sapele, Hospital Bills Grow by Blitz888(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sweet sex has consequence...

Love making has its attendant responsibilities...

God help the innocents that will suffer from the decisions of a randy and irresponsible parent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Armed Robbery Victim Receives Artificial Leg In Imo State. Photos / Unhealthy Eating Habits In Nigerian Culture / Cure To Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.