Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (52648 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / Alhaji Yakubu Nasfi Wedding To Underage Girl In Niger State. Photos & Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Godszilla: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
If you right you probably the only person that has answered the op question but the final you final part doesn't sound humane
Lordsonn:
There are a lot of benefits for men:
1) If your wife died, all her properties belong to you.
2) If your wife dies, you are the one to decide where and how to bury your wife, not her family members.
3) Court wedding stops every family members from interfering in your marriage matter. The parents of your wife do not have a say in anything that concerns your marriage.
4) Court wedding take away every responsibility to your in-law from you. You are not under any obligation to buy anything for your in-law or do anything during burial of any of them
5) Whoever interfere in your marriage relationship is liable to 3 months imprisonment including your wife's mother.
6) If the husband dies, the properties automatically belongs to the wife and children. No family member will come and reap where they did not sow. Even the father of the husband have no say in the properties of the deceased person.

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by SmartPolician: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:
2) If your wife dies, you are the one to decide where and how to bury your wife, not her family members.
3) Court wedding stops every family members from interfering in your marriage matter. The parents of your wife do not have a say in anything that concerns your marriage.
4) Court wedding take away every responsibility to your in-law from you. You are not under any obligation to buy anything for your in-law or do anything during burial of any of them
5) Whoever interfere in your marriage relationship is liable to 3 months imprisonment including your wife's mother.
6) If the husband dies, the properties automatically belongs to the wife and children. No family member will come and reap where they did not sow. Even the father of the husband have no say in the properties of the deceased person.

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act

I didn't know people like you existed in this country. cheesy I hope they didn't give you tough time when you were about to marry their daughter.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Theworldisvanity: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

A prenuptial agreement, antenuptial agreement, or premarital agreement (commonly referred to as a prenup), is a written contract entered into by a couple prior to marriage or a civil union that enables them to select and control many of the legal rights they acquire upon marrying, and what happens when their marriage eventually ends by death or divorce.
Thank you
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by SmartPolician: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
palsenator:

A woman will adopt your name, raise your kids after pregnancies that will eventually change her body shape.
She will practically serve you for the rest of her life because she may never be free from subjugation.

You are here bothering about your assets being shared in the case of divorce. I pity the woman that will marry this one. I wish most ladies are intelligent enough to decipher the mind of their partners concerning the sanctity of marriage but no, they are more concerned about six packs, money in his account.

Marriage is also sacrifices and mutual respect. If you marry rightly, you have no cause to be bothered about assets sharing.

You sound pathetic!
Why do lots of single guys fear marriages nowadays if not that they worry will live the rest of their lives pleasing their wives and kids?
Marriage that works requires the sacrifices of the two parties.
Don't make it look like one party does more than the other.

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Jaaqbruce: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
This idiot..stop spamming topics with your fake and scam....help yourself first...goat! Ode ni!

Bestforum8:
100% visa application guaranteed 7slots available hurry now and call 081::63::83::85::69 for more information. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on 081::63::83::85::69

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by roughneck: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
even if you don’t love your wife, it’s one key instrument with which your beloved children can battle usurpers in case of your untimely death.. cold right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by clothingonline(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
Let’s learn together

Check signature best deals in Nigeria in men clothing
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Jaaqbruce: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
How old are you?
This is adult discussion...go to Romance section

easyfem:
When Bitcoin dey .... When she don dey Bleep up , sell ur asset and put it inside coin .... Lobata .... It's a computer age bro

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Ournolly: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act.
That's a new way to this.
Thanks for the exposition, certainly not interested in my woman's property but other benefits seems amazing!
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Enceladus(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
I've had this conversation with three females and one older woman. Omo, I was busted each time. I don't know why these people get defensive with this subject.

I think this has become a stereotype and a norm. Just like how people blindly follow the 6-3-3-4 education system.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by SmartPolician: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
yashika:
Why are people always believing that it’s the men that will die first? And why do men die first? Men should start doing things that will make them stay longer or live healthy. More men are dying and leaving women behind.

That's partly because men marry younger wives. It's always better because a younger wife is likely going to respect you more than an age mate or older lady.

Also, marrying a younger wife means she will be younger to take care of you when you are aged.

Therefore, it is unfair to assume that a younger party should die first.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bigredmachine:
You see in this life, there are 2 things involved, it's either u are a man or a woman...

If you are a woman you are safe (everything go just dey favour you)

But...

If you are a man there are 2 things involved (everything u do is just to favour women)

Its either you like women or hate women... If you hate women you are safe...

If u like women, there are 2 things involve... Either u become useless to ur self and useful to women or you live your life for women...

Mentioniers and quoters make una take am easy o...

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by powerkey: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Real mafias knows what to do at the right time.

When she troubles you, do you need to consult IFA to tell what to do? If all she wants is your hard earned money and assets, just take good care of her and clean IP the mess.

Don't let any woman kill you ooo.

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Olamideayomide(m): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

If you want to do a court wedding, sign a prenup.

If she refuses, she is after your money.

Court weddings only favour the women.

The only reason for a court wedding is if you intend relocating out of the country.

Left to me, the only wedding i will do is the African traditional wedding.

That is the only thing God and my ancestors recognize. I detest white weddings. I see it as an avenue to waste funds and showoff. Do your traditional wedding, hold the reception, Go home and enjoy your companion.

Make sure you sign a prenup. The ladies we have these days are out to ruin you.

Ji ma sun

The white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man.
What's prenup my guy?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
ogoloray:
It’s like asking the advantages of being an antelope in the jungle...

Absolutely none!

Hahahahaha....u don kolo walai....you're such a clown...an antelope is endangered in the jungle o...could be prey to wild wolf, foxes, lions, tiger, crocs and giant python many more...lol
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by B2Bmen: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
englishmart:
Firstly, I see court weddings as unnecessary. What's the essence of it if you're not thinking of divorce?
I think court weddings favour only or mostly females, who want to have a good share of your assets once divorce happens. Are there any hidden benefits a guy stands to achieve when he court-weds his wife?
not really, most people do it especially when they want to travel out either with their family or business, if it is confirmed u are married u will have to tender every prove supported by the government that your marriage is recognize by the government certified with a certificate of marriage. The traditional wedding we do does not have certificate even the wihte winding we do not or the churches are registered under the ministry of interior to offer certificate of marriage. That's why most guys prefer it simple go to court direct do it get your certificate then japa with your family as a legitimate married man, embassy no recognize traditional things or unregistered church white wedding.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Midas01: 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
And who is forcing you to marry a woman ?
Omicron007:
shocked

I am afraid of weddings.

These vaginal people are too risky to spend a lifetime with.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:

trash
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by richmondefosa(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
Olamideayomide:

What's prenup my guy?

its a contract that's entered by intending couples that enables them to select and control many of the legal rights they acquire upon marrying, and what happens when their marriage eventually ends by death or divorce.

This contract can include laws that govern the division of property, retirement benefits, savings, and the right to seek alimony (spousal support) with agreed-upon terms that provide certainty and clarify their marital rights.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by aminusodiq(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Drella:
Ehn bet why is this girl's hand thin like this
The man too,at his age,he is still plaiting hair!
she has a defect
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by richmondefosa(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
SUPERPACK:
What's the Advantages of a Traditional/white wedding?

Stop deflecting.

Answer the question or go create your own thread.

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by ejimatic: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
englishmart:
Firstly, I see court weddings as unnecessary. What's the essence of it if you're not thinking of divorce?
I think court weddings favour only or mostly females, who want to have a good share of your assets once divorce happens. Are there any hidden benefits a guy stands to achieve when he court-weds his wife?
. There is nothing like Court wedding in Law.What we have is Statutory Wedding or Wedding According to the Marriage Act . People call it Court Wedding the wedding can only be dissolved by a High Court not a Magistrate Court
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by DaCharis2016: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

If you want to do a court wedding, sign a prenup.

If she refuses, she is after your money.

Court weddings only favour the women.

The only reason for a court wedding is if you intend relocating out of the country.

Left to me, the only wedding i will do is the African traditional wedding.

That is the only thing God and my ancestors recognize. I detest white weddings. I see it as an avenue to waste funds and showoff. Do your traditional wedding, hold the reception, Go home and enjoy your companion.

Make sure you sign a prenup. The ladies we have these days are out to ruin you.

Ji ma sun

The white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man.
What's prenup?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
kenodrill:

Can I get a working visa to turkey?

You be mumu walai...big mumu...so you're to lazy to google Turkish embassy and read the requirement for classes of visa they issue and if you have the requirements you're good to go...your co-idiot you're asking has not seen a glimpse of airport corridor talkless of stepping his foot on plane aisle. Be warned
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Someodds: 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:

Natural stingy man.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
palsenator:

A woman will adopt your name, raise your kids after pregnancies that will eventually change her body shape.
She will practically serve you for the rest of her life because she may never be free from subjugation.

You are here bothering about your assets being shared in the case of divorce. I pity the woman that will marry this one. I wish most ladies are intelligent enough to decipher the mind of their partners concerning the sanctity of marriage but no, they are more concerned about six packs, money in his account.

Marriage is also sacrifices and mutual respect. If you marry rightly, you have no cause to be bothered about assets sharing.
u mak it sounds like women are doing a man favor by marrying them. Remember say na u go dey feed her and d kids, even wen d kids grow up sef before they give you one naira they will give their mother 10 naira ND she may even manipulate them against you sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by advanceDNA: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
jadyclem:

That is you're saying in a nutshell that court marriage has no benefit to the man in anyway since the only benefits your talked about revolved around the woman and the children gotten from the marriage. I see!

Don’t feel bad...the institution called marriage was rigged against men right from the start...

It was meant to customize pen!s for women though it doesn’t work in some cases...

And give women half of your property when they decide to leave you..(this one doesn’t work in Nigeria, so no fear...

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Newboss(m): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Which asset?

When you fit convert all your most valuable assets into cryptocurrency
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Newboss(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

Don’t feel bad...the institution called marriage was rigged against men right from the start...

It was meant to customize pen!s for women though it doesn’t work in some cases...

And give women half of your property when they decide to leave you..(this one doesn’t work in Nigeria, so no fear...

It works in Nigeria. Gather assets first, then e go shock you
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by advanceDNA: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Someodds:

Natural stingy man.

It’s the economy....
And some in-laws are wicked.... when you collect bride price like say you dey sell your child....you may get a stingy son-in-law in this buhari era
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Andremalan731: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
michru:
This is the question that an ilitrate should be asking.

Reminds me of a Yorùbá movie.

Wife had been pestering her husband to do court wedding, he refused, the wife's parent tried, he still didn't.
Told them he will not and he didn't see the need for it and probably didn't favour him.

One day, the company he worked for decided they were going to send him and his family out of the country, maybe to head a department. He was so happy until he found out he needed his marriage certificate in order to process the whole package.

Come and see begging, the wife refused, he went and begged the wife's parent, then they reminded him of how he said court wedding is of no use for him.

Abeg, for sake of formality, do what is right in time.
If you don't have an ulterior motive, then do all that is proper.

Arrant nonsense
When he can just marry another woman and travel

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by FuckAllTheMODs: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Some people are saying it is required if someone want to travel out with their family.

I have a question and I will be happy to get an answer to it.
My question is can a Catholic wedding certificate stand in place of a court wedding in that aspect since it is a registered place of worship?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How to Deal With a Wife That Nags a Lot / Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.