Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (52340 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / Alhaji Yakubu Nasfi Wedding To Underage Girl In Niger State. Photos & Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
kenodrill:

Can I get a working visa to turkey?

It seems you have a lot of money to throw away, right?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Dabliss02(m): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
Make god no allow women make Dem finish us.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kenodrill: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
komodapson:

And you ended up being the BIG FOOL....who cares about wherever you may be. Since you are privileged to the fundamentals, why the utmost display of Folly again....infact you be BIG FAT MUMU, you not domiciled in Country means what? Chief representative Nigerian born MUMU in diaspora

Lol.....take it easy man I'm not the cause of your frustration.

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by vickydevoka(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:
There are a lot of benefits for men:
1) If your wife died, all her properties belong to you.
2) If your wife dies, you are the one to decide where and how to bury your wife, not her family members.
3) Court wedding stops every family members from interfering in your marriage matter. The parents of your wife do not have a say in anything that concerns your marriage.
4) Court wedding take away every responsibility to your in-law from you. You are not under any obligation to buy anything for your in-law or do anything during burial of any of them
5) Whoever interfere in your marriage relationship is liable to 3 months imprisonment including your wife's mother.
6) If the husband dies, the properties automatically belongs to the wife and children. No family member will come and reap where they did not sow. Even the father of the husband have no say in the properties of the deceased person.

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act.
This your number 6 vex me.

My bro spent almost 10 million on me for my masters n u say reap what de didn't saw. Lol.
Besides na Igbo people de do that thing. Abeg no talk am again. Every family invested on their brother or sister, buh las also na wife get de property unless if de man get too much money to write will
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Valuc: 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Court wedding na for people wey get property and wey dey look for guarantee.... But some of una no no..
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Munzy14(m): 8:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
ethicallyright:
Those who are afraid of court marriages (Marriage under the Act) in Nigeria are scared because of the dilemma of male divorcees in foreign countries.

In Nigeria, you have nothing to worry about. The Nigerian Court will never ask a Dangote to pay as much as 10 million naira (less than $20,000) to his estranged wife. Alimony figures in Nigeria favour husbands.

However, women in Nigeria actually opt for court marriage to give their children access to their fathers' estates if their fathers' die intestate.

Put differently, statutory marriage is the best way a man who loves his children can ensure that they inherit his property if he dies early without writing his will. A wife who is married in court and her kids do not have to worry about wicked in-laws , uncles and aunties because the Matrimonial Causes Act has got them covered.

I think for now, marriage in court registry or registered place of worship favours both men and women who want a better future for their kids. Maybe my position will change in future when ridiculously high alimony figures are ordered by the court grin
In Nigeria, many men will continue to run away from court wedding..

Paul of Psquare opted for court wedding, today he is on breakfast.

Babe even slam him with child support.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by vickydevoka(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

That guy na scammer ooo....
E go tell u say na pay after your visa come out.
But u will pay like 50k for processing....after that..na voice mail
Y u de tell am. Him no get sense
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
Noting...
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Drsnives(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Drella:
Ehn bet why is this girl's hand thin like this
The man too,at his age,he is still plaiting hair!
Na kanu be this?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Ebnl123(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bigredmachine:
You see in this life, there are 2 things involved, it's either u are a man or a woman...

If you are a woman you are safe (everything go just dey favour you)

But...

If you are a man there are 2 things involved (everything u do is just to favour women)

Its either you like women or hate women... If you hate women you are safe...

If u like women, there are 2 things involve... Either u become useless to ur self and useful to women or you live your life for women...

Mentioniers and quoters make una take am easy o...
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Donpenny(m): 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
The certificate issued to both marriage done in registries or churches are issued to the various organisations by the ministry of interior after those places have registered just like a company would registered their name wirh CAC. Therefore, the marriage act govern the two irrespective of where you get it grin. So for you to be totally free settle of traditional marriage or church blessing if you can't take the risk grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Nasa28(m): 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
ethicallyright:
Those who are afraid of court marriages (Marriage under the Act) in Nigeria are scared because of the dilemma of male divorcees in foreign countries.

In Nigeria, you have nothing to worry about. The Nigerian Court will never ask a Dangote to pay as much as 10 million naira (less than $20,000) to his estranged wife. Alimony figures in Nigeria favour husbands.

However, women in Nigeria actually opt for court marriage to give their children access to their fathers' estates if their fathers' die intestate.

Put differently, statutory marriage is the best way a man who loves his children can ensure that they inherit his property if he dies early without writing his will. A wife who is married in court and her kids do not have to worry about wicked in-laws , uncles and aunties because the Matrimonial Causes Act has got them covered.

I think for now, marriage in court registry or registered place of worship favours both men and women who want a better future for their kids. Maybe my position will change in future when ridiculously high alimony figures are ordered by the court grin

What if the woman dies first or must the man be the first to die?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by WoundedLamb: 12:47am On Nov 04, 2021
Lol... do these people even know you sign legal papers even in your white wedding? Or do they think deciding to sign the papers in court instead really makes a difference? You want a woman but you don't want to legally identify as her husband? You're asking for advantage? What is the advantage of traditional marriage?

Please, enjoy yourselves.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by valoky22(m): 3:30am On Nov 04, 2021
grin
Bigredmachine:
You see in this life, there are 2 things involved, it's either u are a man or a woman...

If you are a woman you are safe (everything go just dey favour you)

But...

If you are a man there are 2 things involved (everything u do is just to favour women)

Its either you like women or hate women... If you hate women you are safe...

If u like women, there are 2 things involve... Either u become useless to ur self and useful to women or you live your life for women...

Mentioniers and quoters make una take am easy o...
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 6:27am On Nov 04, 2021
kenodrill:

Who is frustrated than an idiot, seeking visa to Instanbul...don't worry...dem go issue you visa, ok.....but my fear is your life will come to an end with the Arab garment factory in Ankara, where you'll be sliced to death with cotton spindle...
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 6:43am On Nov 04, 2021
kenodrill:

Who is frustrated, than a grown-fat-idiot seeking a work-visa to Turkey. My fear is you'll end up in Arab garment factory in Ankara where you will be sliced to your de.ath by the cotton spindle, and your blood splashed across doffers...grinding your organs with cotton seeds grin grin grin Because East, West North or South...you must pay for your someday MUMUism
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by hosemujica: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

If you want to do a court wedding, sign a prenup.

If she refuses, she is after your money.

Court weddings only favour the women.

The only reason for a court wedding is if you intend relocating out of the country.

Left to me, the only wedding i will do is the African traditional wedding.

That is the only thing God and my ancestors recognize. I detest white weddings. I see it as an avenue to waste funds and showoff. Do your traditional wedding, hold the reception, Go home and enjoy your companion.

Make sure you sign a prenup. The ladies we have these days are out to ruin you.

Ji ma sun

The white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man.
I wanted to leave a comment, but you covered all the areas I wanted to touch. You said it all I have no choice but to concur.

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Tzar(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2021
None. Court wedding and monogamy only benefits the woman & ameliorates her insecurities.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by richmondefosa(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2021
hosemujica:
I wanted to leave a comment, but you covered all the areas I wanted to touch. You said it all I have no choice but to concur.

Thanks boss
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Godbless3(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2021
Do you have permission to use their pictures here?

To my best knowledge, every marriage must be registered with the appropriet government agency be it a church etc or you're not recognize.
Any marraige in the church must be register otherwise, you're not recognize and as such, any woman can take the case to court for compensation.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Drella(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2021
Drsnives:

Na kanu be this?

His younger brother.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Drella(m): 8:40am On Nov 04, 2021
aminusodiq:
she has a defect

Someone said in the process of photoshoping the tummy to be flat,it affected the hand.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by aminusodiq(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2021
Drella:

Someone said in the process of photoshoping the tummy to be flat,it affected the hand.
lmao.... Another angle
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kenodrill: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2021
komodapson:

Who is frustrated, than a grown-fat-idiot seeking a work-visa to Turkey. My fear is you'll end up in Arab garment factory in Ankara where you will be sliced to your de.ath by the cotton spindle, and your blood splashed across doffers...grinding your organs with cotton seeds grin grin grin Because East, West North or South...you must pay for your someday MUMUism

Lol....all this energy for what exactly? Guy you are fucking damn useless and jobless aswear.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Hcqmela: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
The assets in question here are for the both of you and not yours alone(except in situations where the woman has done nothing to contribute to the finance and assets)

P.s men do so too.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by nextstep(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hanty... when kasala bursts, it won't matter whether marriage was in court, white, traditional or whatever.

What wise women have done is this:
when times are good, channel some of your salary, and/or allowance into building property, business, or even just paper investments... owning something in your own name, apart from him. If uncle doesn't agree, that's a sign you should do it anyway without his knowledge, because uncle won't defend you when his relatives come like hungry dogs. Uncle also won't seek your permission to like another woman, either.

Foolish women spend all they get on fancy bags and clothing, forgetting that there's a season for everything.

The pastor and others that are preaching: "women submit to your husbands, it's God's will", is not going to feed you when your husband passes or decides to move on.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Hullabaloon: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Drella:
Ehn bet why is this girl's hand thin like this
The man too,at his age,he is still plaiting hair!

No be Kanu Nwankwo be that?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by valencia25(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2021
That is why it's a Yoruba movie and not real life.

michru:
This is the question that an ilitrate should be asking.

Reminds me of a Yorùbá movie.

Wife had been pestering her husband to do court wedding, he refused, the wife's parent tried, he still didn't.
Told them he will not and he didn't see the need for it and probably didn't favour him.

One day, the company he worked for decided they were going to send him and his family out of the country, maybe to head a department. He was so happy until he found out he needed his marriage certificate in order to process the whole package.

Come and see begging, the wife refused, he went and begged the wife's parent, then they reminded him of how he said court wedding is of no use for him.

Abeg, for sake of formality, do what is right in time.
If you don't have an ulterior motive, then do all that is proper.

Update:
I have never taken nairalanders for their words.
90% of new stories are mostly fake.

Someone said he should go and marry another wife and then travel out. Another said, the family are baggages, he should leave, go out and marry someone abroad.

So, the company that is trying to take him out will watch him do all these and not wonder why? The company will see that he leaves his family and marry someone else? Then that company is in trouble.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2021
kenodrill:

Lol....all this energy for what exactly? Guy you are fucking damn useless and[b] jobless[/b] aswear.

There's nothing like being "jobless"...the word is now obsolete in contemporary English...you're either unemployed or an applicant.

So learn to speak correctly before you carry your air-bloated cranial cavity go Turkish embassy seeking work visa......I have some kids silly-sturdy books here, if you wouldnt mind, come pick it up. So,you don't go and add to list of FOOLs disgracing the Country....una too much abeg, biko

Sè òní ò fé gbón ní....wà kógbòn
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Olamideayomide(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
richmondefosa:

its a contract that's entered by intending couples that enables them to select and control many of the legal rights they acquire upon marrying, and what happens when their marriage eventually ends by death or divorce.

This contract can include laws that govern the division of property, retirement benefits, savings, and the right to seek alimony (spousal support) with agreed-upon terms that provide certainty and clarify their marital rights.

Gracias ..... Really appreciate
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by FindMe21: 11:57am On Mar 02
But church certificates too u can use it travel abroad.
freshalien:

Court marriages/weddings are useful when it comes to abroad matters. Daz all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bride-to-be, Mother Were Buried On Her Wedding Day (photos) / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband / Pregnant Mother In Bikini And Her 8 Children Strike A Pose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.