Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (52953 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / Alhaji Yakubu Nasfi Wedding To Underage Girl In Niger State. Photos & Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Lordsonn: 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Tunagee:

Are you really sure of this?
100 percent. I have the Marriage Act. And it was read to us before the marriage was contracted

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Saintmary(f): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
Drella:
Ehn bet why is this girl's hand thin like this
The man too,at his age,he is still plaiting hair!

So you don't recognize Kanu Nwankwo.

What a wawuu.

P. S. The hand became thin because they were trying to edit the tummy to look flat.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by advanceDNA: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Newboss:

It works in Nigeria. Gather assets first, then e go shock you

Oga..have u seen a court handle divorce before??
I’ve seen it many times
No Nigerian judge will ask a man to split what he owns into tow for any wife....
Hypocrisy will not allow them pass such judgement....
The worst is tell you to pay two years rent for your wife and Child upkeep at the rate of N5000 per child asides school fees and other basic things..

U think this is abroad where they will chase the man out of his property and order him to pay spouse support for a woman another man will be fvcking.....
Is like u don’t know this Nigeria and why things don’t work here

5 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by advanceDNA: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Saintmary:

So you don't recognize Kanu Nwankwo.

What a wawuu.

P. S. The hand became thin because they were trying to edit the tummy to look flat.

That’s not Kanu nwankwo...
Kanu is well over 6ft...
That’s is yeye brother, Kanu wannabe
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by molawale: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
One of the Legal Document to travel abroad as a couple
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by SRAROFDAVID: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Your wedding in a catholic, Anglican or methodist church is a court wedding/wedding at the registry. We are so ignorant in this country

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by SUPERPACK: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

Stop deflecting.

Answer the question or go create your own thread.
Is it your thread? Busy body.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Saintmary(f): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

That’s not Kanu nwankwo...
Kanu is well over 6ft...
That’s is yeye brother, Kanu wannabe

That's an impostor right there.

Why are some people shameless?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Tobijays: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
Drella:
Ehn bet why is this girl's hand thin like this
The man too,at his age,he is still plaiting hair!
lol this is kanu nwankwo younger brother and this said lady is linda ikeji younger sister I think
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by palsenator(m): 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

You sound pathetic!
Why do lots of single guys fear marriages nowadays if not that they worry will live the rest of their lives pleasing their wives and kids?
Marriage that works requires the sacrifices of the two parties.
Don't make it look like one party does more than the other.

Really? Like seriously I sounded pathetic? Okay. But the answer to your question is very simple. Most young people are scared of marriage simply because of the financial responsibilities not because of what you wrote. Give an average young man financial freedom, they can even marry more than one wife especially in Africa.

As regards the sacrificial part, I stated it obviously in my last paragraph yet you still said I was pathetic.

If our fathers were extremely worried or rather scared like this generation, then most of us wouldn't have been born.
Marriage is beautiful if you find the right person and you will definitely worry less about assets sharing.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:
There are a lot of benefits for men:
1) If your wife died, all her properties belong to you.
2) If your wife dies, you are the one to decide where and how to bury your wife, not her family members.
3) Court wedding stops every family members from interfering in your marriage matter. The parents of your wife do not have a say in anything that concerns your marriage.
4) Court wedding take away every responsibility to your in-law from you. You are not under any obligation to buy anything for your in-law or do anything during burial of any of them
5) Whoever interfere in your marriage relationship is liable to 3 months imprisonment including your wife's mother.
6) If the husband dies, the properties automatically belongs to the wife and children. No family member will come and reap where they did not sow. Even the father of the husband have no say in the properties of the deceased person.

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act.

well said
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
yashika:
Why are people always believing that it’s the men that will die first? And why do men die first? Men should start doing things that will make them stay longer or live healthy. More men are dying and leaving women behind.

men that carry 70-80% of house contributions die at early 60yrs, the one that carry 100% of house contributions die early 50yrs

immediately I got married, I told my woman find work then later I go established and now she's working. no be me go dey feed you, pay school fees, pay house rent....abeg when I go build wealth and have long lifespan?

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Rexology: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
adeotiabdulaziz:
u mak it sounds like women are doing a man favor by marrying them. Remember say na u go dey feed her and d kids, even wen d kids grow up sef before they give you one naira they will give their mother 10 naira ND she may even manipulate them against you sef
You are absolutely correct. Its very annoying to hear a woman say " your children " " I bear children for you" " i am taking care of your children " . that's referring to her husband. Women ACTUALLY owns the children they only bear the man's name.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kenodrill: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

That guy na scammer ooo....
E go tell u say na pay after your visa come out.
But u will pay like 50k for processing....after that..na voice mail

I know bro....I'm aware Nigerians can't get work visa to turkey.just wanted him to fool himself
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:
Some people are saying it is required if someone want to travel out with their family.

I have a question and I will be happy to get an answer to it.
My question is can a Catholic wedding certificate stand in place of a court wedding in that aspect since it is a registered place of worship?

My church Baptist issues both certificates. Religious bodies can issue the marriage certificates
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kenodrill: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
komodapson:

You be mumu walai...big mumu...so you're to lazy to google Turkish embassy and read the requirement for classes of visa they issue and if you have the requirements you're good to go...your co-idiot you're asking has not seen a glimpse of airport corridor talkless of stepping his foot on plane aisle. Be warned

Does this Really call for insults?i think you lack simple manners and decorum.you feel I'm not aware turkey don't issue work permit to Nigerians for now?I just asked him that so he can make fool of himself.as a matter of fact I'm not even in Nigeria at the moment.keep acting in self acclaimed knowledge and in delusionary illusions.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Lxc1: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
None in Naija
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kaymart: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:
2) If your wife dies, you are the one to decide where and how to bury your wife, not her family members.
3) Court wedding stops every family members from interfering in your marriage matter. The parents of your wife do not have a say in anything that concerns your marriage.
4) Court wedding take away every responsibility to your in-law from you. You are not under any obligation to buy anything for your in-law or do anything during burial of any of them
5) Whoever interfere in your marriage relationship is liable to 3 months imprisonment including your wife's mother.
6) If the husband dies, the properties automatically belongs to the wife and children. No family member will come and reap where they did not sow. Even the father of the husband have no say in the properties of the deceased person.

I did Court wedding and I'm enjoying it. Christmas is coming, I have no responsibility to give anything to in-laws and I mean it. I don't even go to greet them and don't want them in my house, because it is not a statutory obligation under the marriage Act.
The last paragraph of ur comment make me detest court marriage the more. You don't want your in-law in your house...Shame on you

4 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by RPG2020(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Contract court wedding or no marriage angry

Anita need chose shocked
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by ONNYX: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
michru:
This is the question that an ilitrate should be asking.

Reminds me of a Yorùbá movie.

Wife had been pestering her husband to do court wedding, he refused, the wife's parent tried, he still didn't.
Told them he will not and he didn't see the need for it and probably didn't favour him.

One day, the company he worked for decided they were going to send him and his family out of the country, maybe to head a department. He was so happy until he found out he needed his marriage certificate in order to process the whole package.

Come and see begging, the wife refused, he went and begged the wife's parent, then they reminded him of how he said court wedding is of no use for him.

Abeg, for sake of formality, do what is right in time.
If you don't have an ulterior motive, then do all that is proper.

Very sad that you had to bring this here but then Nollywood is credited with being the most uninspiring movie space globally.

Why will the man beg the wife to agree to a court marriage? this is rather questionable as the reverse should be the case. He is the one being sent abroad, the others are appendages. the wife and kids are even the greatest beneficiaries. As a matter of fact the inlaws are second line beneficiaries before the man himself. So many options exist for the guy ranging from going alone, right through to getting a second wife.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by blissfulheart(f): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Geestarry:
For the records, there's no such thing as a 'Court Wedding'.

What you see there is called a Statutory Marriage (marriage under the Marriage Act)

A statutory marriage can either take place in a licensed place of worship, or in a Marriage Registry.

So it's not a thing of having or not having hidden benefits. Anyone who doesn't want a Statutory Marriage can go ahead to marry under native law and custom.

It's a matter of choice, and effect.

your head oil dey am
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by sureteeboy(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
kenodrill:

Can I get a working visa to turkey?
You are quoting a fraudster
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by kenodrill: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
sureteeboy:

You are quoting a fraudster

I know he's a fraudster bro....
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by FuckAllTheMODs: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
AmosFishon:

My church Baptist issues both certificates. Religious bodies can issue the marriage certificates

That means Catholic Church marriage can cover it.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Pimine: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

If you want to do a court wedding, sign a prenup.

If she refuses, she is after your money.

Court weddings only favour the women.

The only reason for a court wedding is if you intend relocating out of the country.

Left to me, the only wedding i will do is the African traditional wedding.

That is the only thing God and my ancestors recognize. I detest white weddings. I see it as an avenue to waste funds and showoff. Do your traditional wedding, hold the reception, Go home and enjoy your companion.

Make sure you sign a prenup. The ladies we have these days are out to ruin you.

Ji ma sun

[b]The white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man.
[/b]
Aswearugaaad

I told my buddy the exact same thing. Dunno why someone will do Traditional wedding and still go ahead to do white wedding say wetin happen? Is the Traditional wedding inferior or useless? If it is why not scrap it altogether eh?
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by mkoabiola: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
It pays women better
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Hallabee1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Aje....

you murder the murderer...Abeg, Iya Chukwudi, my bootle please
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by cooooooks(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
Come bro, what if the wife now earns more during the course of their married life?

I think prenups are important but really only when large amounts are involved. I mean millions of dollars over say 10 years.
richmondefosa:
shocked

If you want to do a court wedding, sign a prenup.

If she refuses, she is after your money.

Court weddings only favour the women.

The only reason for a court wedding is if you intend relocating out of the country.

Left to me, the only wedding i will do is the African traditional wedding.

That is the only thing God and my ancestors recognize. I detest white weddings. I see it as an avenue to waste funds and showoff. Do your traditional wedding, hold the reception, Go home and enjoy your companion.

Make sure you sign a prenup. The ladies we have these days are out to ruin you.

Ji ma sun

The white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white man.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by komodapson(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
kenodrill:

Does this Really call for insults?i think you lack simple manners and decorum.you feel I'm not aware turkey don't issue work permit to Nigerians for now?[b]I just asked him that so he can make fool [/b]of himself.as a matter of fact I'm not even in Nigeria at the moment.keep acting in self acclaimed knowledge and in delusionary illusions.

And you ended up being the BIG FOOL....who cares about wherever you may be. Since you are privileged to the fundamentals, why the utmost display of Folly again....infact you be BIG FAT MUMU, you not domiciled in Country means what? Chief representative Nigerian born MUMU in diaspora
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Workch: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lordsonn:

This is like the little crumbs you get for being a slave.
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Munzy14(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bigredmachine:
You see in this life, there are 2 things involved, it's either u are a man or a woman...

If you are a woman you are safe (everything go just dey favour you)

But...

If you are a man there are 2 things involved (everything u do is just to favour women)

Its either you like women or hate women... If you hate women you are safe...

If u like women, there are 2 things involve... Either u become useless to ur self and useful to women or you live your life for women...

Mentioniers and quoters make una take am easy o...
grin grin cheesy
Re: What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? by Newboss(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

Oga..have u seen a court handle divorce before??
I’ve seen it many times
No Nigerian judge will ask a man to split what he owns into tow for any wife....
Hypocrisy will not allow them pass such judgement....
The worst is tell you to pay two years rent for your wife and Child upkeep at the rate of N5000 per child asides school fees and other basic things..

U think this is abroad where they will chase the man out of his property and order him to pay spouse support for a woman another man will be fvcking.....
Is like u don’t know this Nigeria and why things don’t work here

Some people have lost their house to divorce in Nigeria. This is not hearsay. If the woman demand for your assets in the divorce, your name na sorry.

Most times, they don't demand for assets, just child support. If they ever demand for assets, they always get it, except there is a prenup. Divorce is not usually up to the judge alone. it's also upto the parties getting divorced and their lawyers.

The reason we see assets being split in western divorce is that the women, and some men, there always demand for assets. They know the law allows them to have a share of the assets acquired during the marriage. Nigerian women are not that aggressive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coper's Fish-Seller Mother Celebrated In Lagos (photos) / Man Surprises His Wife With Range Rover On Her Birthday/Wedding In Enugu. Photos / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.