Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years (5880 Views)

FG Approves ₦29 Billion For Road Projects In Kaduna, Abia, Borno / Nasarawa Repatriates 788 Almajiris To Home States / Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by dasparrow: 5:00am On Nov 04, 2021
What can I say? Eko o ni baje ooo! cool
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by InvertedHammer: 5:01am On Nov 04, 2021
LegendHero:

Shukudi, Instead of you to ask question why SE is competing with security challenged NE in the figure, you are here weeping as usual about Tinubu.

Obi Pandora should advise SE governors on what they can do to increase revenue with his him tu lie Chinese statistics.
/
Obviously you don't know the meaning of PAYE--tax deducted from employees in formal sectors.

SE is home of entrepreneurs not obligate employees.

/
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by lexy2014: 5:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Iamgrey5:
If Lagos accounts for 780+ out of the 1trn plus south west makes in PAYE

The rest of the Southwest minus Lagos still makes 200 billion +, which is more than the South East and perhaps the North East combined.

It's still higher than Southeast, North East or North west region respectively, with either of them not up to 200bn each.

So much for the "if you remove Lagos out of South West" crew.

The question u should be asking is what has been done with d money
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Focusmind: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2021
SE governors should know that buying and selling do not sustain an economy. SE is full of private and solo merchants,who pays next to nothing as PAYE. My PAYE is far higher than some billionaires PAYE.
The irony in SE, especially Anambra, is that they have poor government but rich people. While in most northern states, they have rich government but poor people.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by lexy2014: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2021
SonofDevil:
Before nyamiris from poto-potoland start convulsing lagos tax comes from formal sector

Okrikia,gala and lacasera, 2by2 shops e.t.c literred around lagos re not classified as formal sector.that's why south east igr is very low because their economy is driven by informal sector, petty trading

Make federal govt kuku return capital to south west cos yorubaland is the economic capital of west africa

U should be more interested in whether d money was judiciously utilised instead of giving d story an ethnic twist
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by bigdammyj: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2021
Nice
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by lexy2014: 5:09am On Nov 04, 2021
LegendHero:

Shukudi, Instead of you to ask question why SE is competing with security challenged NE in the figure, you are here weeping as usual about Tinubu.

Obi Pandora should advise SE governors on what they can do to increase revenue with his him tu lie Chinese statistics.

How has this increased revenue u are rejoicing over improved living standard of lagosians
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Focusmind: 5:16am On Nov 04, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
Obviously you don't know the meaning of PAYE--tax deducted from employees in formal sectors.

SE is home of entrepreneurs not obligate employees.

/
This not correct entirely. If you are not under formal employment, the PAYE act still imposes an obligation to you to access your world wide income and computes your PAYE tax and pay. They are not exempted from PAYE.
The problem is that we don't have adequate system to monitor the income tax of those in the informal sector, which is dominant in SE.

Those in the informal sector are assessed under the direct assessment of the PAYE act. However, there is a high rate of wilful default by majority within the informal sector.

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by ccffwx: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2021
Iamgrey5:

The rest of the Southwest minus Lagos still makes 200 billion +, which is more than the South East and perhaps the North East combined.

It's still higher than Southeast, North East or North west region respectively, with either of them not up to 200bn each.

News about Lagos was given but what you can think of is comparison with Igbos. You are obviously the ones obsessed and in competition with the Igbos even when they are not concerned nor bothered about your concoted tales.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by deewhydoski(m): 5:27am On Nov 04, 2021
namdyz:
My PAYE is 27k every month, I sometimes wonder if Nah we workers dey pay the company's tax too.
How much is your salary?... Let start from there

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by TemmyT002(m): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2021
Lagos: Helping Nigeria since creation.
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by geemd434: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2021
Iamgrey5:

Think like an intelligent person not a goat. The other Southwest made their money from what?? Selling to Lagos. All there produce sold in Lagos.
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Ovamboland(m): 6:27am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Ovamboland(m): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2021
Too tiny for 36 states in 3 years. Less than $7bn.
For perspective, New York state spends $9bn every year on it's police department LAPD alone. 36 Nigerian states plus FCT with 200m people hardly sees such funds in 3 whole years.

Meaning if all the 3 year earnings of the 36 states are put together all it cant complete Lagos Kano railway, yet we still need railway all over the country. roads in thousands of kilometers, healthcare, education, security, workers salary etc.

No wonder Lagos state is hard pressed to complete it's railway project after several years

We are still joking in this country. Are these the states that want to run state police?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2021
I hope tinubu matter will not kill you one day

Children of 8 disguising as Yoruba
PrinceOfLagos:
Cash out time for Tinubu as usual

If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by SonofDevil: 7:05am On Nov 04, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

This fool is filled with so much bitterness, hatred and jealousy.
Soon you will have High BP
Bp pa iya egrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2021
Bro! Don't be surprised that even if they remove Oyo state from that list the everything together will be greater than developer region.

It is very very strange how those children of 8 and perdition made us to hate and blv that tinubu is wicked man while their own ex convicted leaders and criminals that have turned their potopoto region into a desert are saint and developer.

While I know tinubu is not a saint but the development of Lagos today interns of internal generated revenue was started by him.

He set the standard from 500m in 1999 to close to 9b despite many challenges he faced den

Iamgrey5:

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by Kimjongun: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2021
Don't just tell us how much you earn from us, tell us what you are doing with it
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by cardoctor(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2021
Reallyyyyyy
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by cardoctor(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2021
SonofDevil:
Before nyamiris from poto-potoland start convulsing lagos tax comes from formal sector

Okrikia,gala and lacasera, 2by2 shops e.t.c literred around lagos re not classified as formal sector.that's why south east igr is very low because their economy is driven by informal sector, petty trading

Make federal govt kuku return capital to south west cos yorubaland is the economic capital of west africa

You are truly the son of the devil. Your papa born you well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by FKMagazine(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2021
Well, this is huge income for Lagos alone
However, Lagos State is stingy with cash... Most of these tax payers comes from Ogun state, and Ogun state is the most under-developped state in south-west, or even the whole Nigeria in terms of road infrastructure.

So, Lagos shud learn from some other states abroad and help her neighbouring state to develop it's road.

--Don Philip
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by emmanuelbrown26: 8:44am On Nov 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

If you know you know
No wonder the rate of beggers in Lagos is becoming unbearable. U would see mama and pikin on the road, u would even think that they are waiting for somebody not knowing that they are waiting available chance to say "daddy ejoo me and my pikin never chop since yesterday" these ones are not almajiris ohhhh

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by emmanuelbrown26: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2021
SonofDevil:

I prefer to sell or Hawk gala on the road than begging for owo mi da, God forbid,. I prefer to sell gala than selling my father's inheritance in the next 5 years I would come back to square 1

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by seguno2: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

If you know you know

If the people who pay the taxes choose to be proper mumus, please why won’t Tinubu shave their heads?
If I am in Tinubu’s shoes with mumus who praise me for screwing up with their money, I will loot even more.
For all the trillions of revenue growth since 1999, how much did water, primary & secondary schools, feeder roads, teachers, doctors, librarians, laboratory technicians, nurses, administrators, pharmacists, building monitors etc increase

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by seguno2: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2021
FKMagazine:
Well, this is huge income for Lagos alone
However, Lagos State is stingy with cash... Most of these tax payers comes from Ogun state, and Ogun state is the most under-developped state in south-west, or even the whole Nigeria in terms of road infrastructure.

So, Lagos shud learn from some other states abroad and help her neighbouring state to develop it's road.

--Don Philip

Are all the roads in Lagos good
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by SonofDevil: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

I prefer to sell or Hawk gala on the road than begging for owo mi da, God forbid,. I prefer to sell gala than selling my father's inheritance in the next 5 years I would come back to square 1
the owo mi da version in erosion land have turned their muddy land to killing field
https://igberetvnews.com/1380895/photos-killed-ebonyi-nurtw-leadership-crisis-ebonyi/

Do you have any inheritance to start with?
Your ancestors re sub human known as OSU. They are not allowed to inherit anything than serve the god of OSU all their lives.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by adelaja70(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

No wonder the rate of beggers in Lagos is becoming unbearable. U would see mama and pikin on the road, u would even think that they are waiting for somebody not knowing that they are waiting available chance to say "daddy ejoo me and my pikin never chop since yesterday" these ones are not almajiris ohhhh
So all Lagosians are Yorubas.. Ibos will never use their brains well. Other tribes in Lagos speak Yoruba fluently.
Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by emmanuelbrown26: 9:42am On Nov 04, 2021
SonofDevil:
the owo mi da version in erosion land have turned their muddy land to killing field
https://igberetvnews.com/1380895/photos-killed-ebonyi-nurtw-leadership-crisis-ebonyi/

Do you have any inheritance to start with?
Your ancestors re sub human known as OSU. They are not allowed to inherit anything than serve the god of OSU all their lives.
Killings is everywhere, was it not yesterday that Baba Aketi of Ondo was crying that military check points are no longer in place, was it not 2 days ago that Prof Akintoji house was invaded by unknown personnel.
beggers are yorubas l, that's just the fact. Infact the thing dun turn me into father Christmas, I can't go out without one iya and pikin coming to beg for food, I can't go out without meeting one Omo mi da coming to beg for drink

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Earns ₦788.29 Billion In PAYE In Three Years by emmanuelbrown26: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2021
adelaja70:

So all Lagosians are Yorubas.. Ibos will never use their brains well. Other tribes in Lagos speak Yoruba fluently.
I was on field work for years here in the West, if I see non yorubas I will know. I hv had encounter with every tribes, so I know what I'm talking about. Don't worry maybe I will start uploading videos of what u brothers has turned their lives into

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out What This American With Thousands Of Followers Tweets About Tinubu / Bill Gates: Is He The Biblical Beast (666)? / Akwa Ibom Elders: INEC Must Be Allowed To Conduct Free And Credible Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.