Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer (23592 Views)

Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As PSG Coach On A Two Years Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by emmanuelbrown26: 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2021
Judithjovial:
Good for him, Newcastle isn't a good project at the moment, wait let someone steady the ship this season. A decent coach comes and snatches it off you.

This account is a scammer, masquerading as a data vendor on Nairaland. Be careful when you come across this account details
Akindele olubunmi
First bank
Why
Why is it that yorubas like local yahoo yahoo, I hv noticed that from a very long time, most of the Nairaland scammers are from the west

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by BlackPantherxXx: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

Not an ambitious man in my books.

Manchester United gave this guy relevance by losing the Europa League final.

If not, who is Unai Emery?

An Arsenal reject.

Very unintelligent submission.

"Who is Unai Emery?"

Europa League's greatest ever Coach. That's who he is.

8 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Soulsymbol99: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Cm be like pple r rejecting Newcastle despite their new found wealth undecided
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by airsaylongcome: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Sofri Sofri o. We reject am no mean say another person no reject us. My people say goat wey snake bite of w see rope for ground he go dey get palpitations.

Man had a nasty experience in England. Once bitten forever shy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by GauRanTor(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
Judithjovial:
Good for him, Newcastle isn't a good project at the moment, wait let someone steady the ship this season. A decent coach comes and snatches it off you.

This account is a scammer, masquerading as a data vendor on Nairaland. Be careful when you come across this account details
Akindele olubunmi
First bank

Yoruba and scam nawa o grin

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by SAMTOBIJU(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
This reminds me of those years I used to play Football Manager, I used to reject offers like this from other clubs. Sometimes, I have to reject after my club had given me an ultimatum to clear the rumor surrounding my future and embarassed embarassed
Waoh, you make me remember FM. I can be on my laptop from morning till night then like say na real job, won't even feel hungry.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by dapolaw(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
What do you mean? He is coaching a team that is guaranteed of playing in Europe every season.... So you want him to leave that for a team that is battling relegation just because they have ve just been bought?

He is more ambitious than Ole Solsjaer.

richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

3 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by rayvelez(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nice one Mr Good ebening from rejecting dat mediocre offer, all UK Sport media were d one putting pressure of em coaches if result is not coming. Atleast your mind is at peace since you move back to Spain.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Some of you just come online to proudly showcase your stark ignorance.

If your fat-filled cranium had any semblance of knowledge, I'm pretty certain you'd have been cautious enough to read Emery's Managerial profile and attendant successes on Wikipedia before coming here to disgrace yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by purplekayc(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
. He's the king of europa league
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by onefuture: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
Being a full time student in Nigeria is very hard mostly when you don't have support coming from anywhere apart from what you can hustle for yourself.

Nairalanders please help me support with a token so that i can feed this week, i can't prostitute or rob, i can only work and hope.
20:63:38:99:19 U..B..A
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by wunmi590(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

He is the king of Europa league, if you don't know you don't know

3 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
Buddha3:

If your fat-filled cranium had any semblance of knowledge, I'm pretty certain you'd have been cautious enough to read Emery's Managerial profile and attendant successes on Wikipedia before coming here to disgrace yourself.

shocked

I see you are rattled.

Let me dignify you with a response. If you had even worms in your head for a brain, you should have seen where "i wrote In my books".

But alas! in your own words, "You were not cautious enough to read" my opinion.

Quick to comment, slow to think.

Now run along with your maggot infested brain and hide yourself.

I won't dignify you with another response.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by wunmi590(m): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
Buddha3:

Lol, pity the guy now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by TechCapon(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Emu4life:
shocked

An Arsenal reject. This mumu manager. Newcastle is the richest club in the world right now but fear of premiere league is the beginning of wisdom. He doesn't want to suffer the humiliation he suffered from arsenal again so it's better to stay in his comfort zone. Lol
He is scared of England He defeated LIVERPOOL AND MANCHESTER UNITED (The Two biggest Clubs in England) in the UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL. You EPL fanboys overrate the English league. Little wonder the English press is considered inconsequential by European counterpart.

The Spanish League boast of combined 60+ European trophies while the English League have a combined 40+ European trophies.
ENGLAND NA NOISE.
Spanish league is old glory. Since Messi and Ronaldo left, the quality has drastically reduced.

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Dude is playing in d champions league. U want him to leave all that to go and be fighting relegation in a club that is barely known. Is that ur definition of ambition?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
TechCapon:
This mumu manager. Newcastle is the richest club in the world right now and most managers will jump at the opportunity but fear of premiere league is the beginning of wisdom. He doesn't want to suffer the humiliation he suffered from arsenal again so it's better to stay in his comfort zone.

What has Newcastle being d richest club in d world got to do with d success of d club? Why have no managers "jumped" at d opportunity to coach Newcastle yet?

Apart from d fact that bin Salman bought d club, what else would entice a well known football manager to accept d Newcastle job at d moment?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Angelfrost(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Newcastle should just respect themselves and go for Steven Gerard or Brendan Rodgers... They want to get to top 4 in a single leap! Smh!!!

They seem to have forgotten where they were before the accidental oyel money!!!

They should tame their greed and start from the place of modesty!!!...
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
OBTMOS:
Lol
He is scared of England

Why would he be scared of England? Why are managers who aren't scared of England not rushing to Newcastle right now?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
purplekayc:
. He's the king of europa league

I am not disputing this.

I said "in my books".

Personally, i am a man of adventure. With the money from newcastle, there are chances that with time, he will be competing at the highest level.

Recall i said "he is not ambitious in my books".

Note the word ambitious and in my books.

This is a personal opinion.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by megapriest(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Bros that someone failed on a project doesn't mean he's not good, so many factors could have been the cause.

Emery got good CV in European football..Google his records

Remember Tuchel was a PSG reject now THE SPECIAL ONE in Chelsea.

I respect his decision though because he would have earned more money at Newcastle with fearful CASH Backup.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by PaNnamdi: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:
Newcastle doesn't have much to build on so the first or second manager will definitely bear the brunt even when they start buying big stars. Though getting sacked would depend on the tolerance level of the new owners, it's still not a good idea to be the very first manager of the revolution. The likelihood of failure is very high, however that's the exact situation that some managers prefer. The pressure will still build up on subsequent managers but they will have a better structure to work on.
No be by big players plays na players and coach relations and seriousness

If u doubt take a look a the new club brentford
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by TechCapon(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

What has Newcastle being d richest club in d world got to do with d success of d club? Why have no managers "jumped" at d opportunity to coach Newcastle yet?

Apart from d fact that bin Salman bought d club, what else would entice a well known football manager to accept d Newcastle job at d moment?
It's the billionaire owners that made the likes of man city and Chelsea what they are today. The more money you have the better players you can afford. Look at PSG

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by starstaz(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:
Newcastle doesn't have much to build on so the first or second manager will definitely bear the brunt even when they start buying big stars. Though getting sacked would depend on the tolerance level of the new owners, it's still not a good idea to be the very first manager of the revolution. The likelihood of failure is very high, however that's the exact situation that some managers prefer. The pressure will still build up on subsequent managers but they will have a better structure to work on.
u re right. Just like Man City and pSG at the early phase of their rebuilding process. The first set of coaches suffer carrying unnecessary burden of lack of good results to the money bags.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
megapriest:

Bros that someone failed on a project doesn't mean he's not good, so many factors could have been the cause.

Emery got good CV in European football..Google his records

Remember Tuchel was a PSG reject now THE SPECIAL ONE in Chelsea.

I respect his decision though because he would have earned more money at Newcastle with fearful CASH Backup.

I aired my personal opinion. To me, he is not ambitious.

This does not in any way ridicule or belittle his successes so far.

The EPL is the hottest and most followed league in the world.

With financial backing from the owners, he can once more prove his mettle in England and conquer the world. That is the ambition i am talking about.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
TechCapon:
It's the billionaire owners that made the likes of man city and Chelsea what they are today. The more money you have the better players you can afford. Look at PSG

U haven't answered my questions:

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by PaNnamdi: 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
Angelfrost:
Newcastle should just respect themselves and go for Steven Gerard or Brendan Rodgers... They want to get to top 4 in a single leap! Smh!!!

They seem to have forgotten where they were before the accidental oyel money!!!

They should tame their greed and start from the place of modesty!!!...

Newcastle are not serious,if brentford can do it, Newcastle with their current crop of players can if the became more serious.

The coach isn't that good in working with average players and harnessing their talents for the better

Brentford coach go turn that Newcastle to Liverpool if given time
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Dude is playing in d champions league. U want him to leave all that to go and be fighting relegation in a club that is barely known. Is that ur definition of ambition?

Go through the thread boss and see my replies.

I am talking about ambition.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

I am not disputing this.

I said "in my books".

Personally, i am a man of adventure. With the money from newcastle, there are chances that with time, he will be competing at the highest level..

Is Emery not already competing in d champions league? Is there any level higher than champions league in club football?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

Go through the thread boss and see my replies.

I am talking about ambition.

The same thing we are saying my brother:

2 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Johnelo: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
I like this man. Like is an understatement I love him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Paul Pogba Named 2018 World's Most Marketable Athlete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.