Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,723 members, 7,831,297 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer (23588 Views)

Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As PSG Coach On A Two Years Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by vislabraye(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

Not an ambitious man in my books.

Manchester United gave this guy relevance by losing the Europa League final.

If not, who is Unai Emery?

An Arsenal reject.

He's a decent coach. He's even better than Arteta.
Most great coaches have been rejected before.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Angelfrost(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
PaNnamdi:

Newcastle are not serious,if brentford can do it, Newcastle with their current crop of players can if the became more serious.

The coach isn't that good in working with average players and harnessing their talents for the better

Brentford coach go turn that Newcastle to Liverpool if given time

True dat... They can even add two or three good players, and become better than West Ham.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Johnelo: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2021
Newcastle want to rubbish emery just the way Tottenham did Nuno Espirito
That man was on his own jejely doing well in wolves until Tottenham Carry their problem go meet am. After how many years in wolves he wish them well, left to Tottenham and now what is the result.
Just barely four months in charge he has been sacked. I don't Know if I should call it greediness.
Emery stay in Villareal and I wish you well
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by freshalien: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

All these bread-and-butter football fans. You think Arsenal hired him out of thin air? Go look up his records before you come online and spill rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Angelfrost(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Your words are funny...

Emery is a legend, a European legend at that! Forget that mediocre Arsenal... Unai is very much in demand.

He did what every wise coach ought to do by rejecting Newcastle... He is doing well in Spain. No need jinxing it.

Look at what befell Nuno (he should have remained at Wolves)...

Newcastle money dey Shack Dem Currently... They will not given him time and space to grow a decent and worthy team... Even out of job Zidane won't take that job!

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

The same thing we are saying my brother:

Dude is playing in d champions league. U want him to leave all that to go and be fighting relegation in a club that is barely known. Is that ur definition of ambition?

Villareal and Sevilla are in the same venn diagram.

They don't go far in the Champions league (Manchester United is tending towards this direction). Especially Sevilla. Sometimes i wonder if they get into the champions league just to drop out and go to Europa and finish it off.

Thats not the point though.

My point is that, with the new found financial firepower of the saudi backed Newcastle, they have the prospects of competing in the highest levels. Unai should see this as an ambition . Drag them out of the relagation zone (the season is still young and fresh and this is still very feasible).

There is no way he won't be backed financially. Get Newcastle competing again. This is the ambition i am talking about.

I have personally left a high paying job to take a lower paying one because i saw prospects and i was ambitious. At the end, it paid off.

This is where my submission is coming from.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by freshalien: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
TechCapon:
This mumu manager. Newcastle is the richest club in the world right now and most managers will jump at the opportunity but fear of premiere league is the beginning of wisdom. He doesn't want to suffer the humiliation he suffered from arsenal again so it's better to stay in his comfort zone.

If you have never coached even the local street boys in your area, shut da hell up!
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by freshalien: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
jamaicabakare:

Mumu talk from an imbecilic fellow.

Person wey done win 4 Europa League cup..(the most decorated manager in Europa League history).

Ex Sevilla coach, Ex PSG coach, Ex Arsenal coach...and you open your rotten mouth to say he's not ambitious for turning down coaching Newcastle...?

Oti ya werey.

You give that idiiot well. All these football fans with low knowledge and IQ go just come online dey talk rubbish!
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Is Emery not already competing in d champions league? Is there any level higher than champions league in club football?

grin We both know Villareal will not go far.

When the MEN get separated from the boys, that's when you will see the seriousness and intensity of the Champions league.

Champions League group stage is moi-moi and garri.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Angelfrost:

Your words are funny...

Emery is a legend, a European legend at that! Forget that mediocre Arsenal... Unai is very much in demand.

He did what every wise coach ought to do by rejecting Newcastle... He is doing well in Spain. No need jinxing it.

Newcastle money dey Shack Dem Currently... They will not given him time and space to grow a decent and worthy team... Even out of job Zidane won't take that job!

Nuno Espirito used his hand to cause his own calamity. Tottenham has a history of not backing their coaches. Wolves was doing quite well with Nuno in charge.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by megapriest(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
vislabraye:

My guy I disagree with that...Arsenal was terrible under Emery no attack, no defence, no possession.

Teams like Wolves, Leicester will be having 22 shots at goal with Arsenal having just 7. It was a terrible experience for us under Emery

Arteta brought more dignity and respect when he came.

Me I preferred Arteta to Emery.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by tunapawizzy: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
check how many europa league Emery has won before manU lost to him
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
freshalien:

All these bread-and-butter football fans. You think Arsenal hired him out of thin air? Go look up his records before you come online and spill rubbish!

Go through the thread, read my replies and see where my opinion stems from.

Its really bold of you to assume i am a bread and butter fan.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
vislabraye:

Unai is waaaaay better than Arteta.

3 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Ayemileto(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

And where have Arsenal been since sacking him?

Remember he took Arsenal to Europa League Final in his first season in charge. He was sacked in the second.

Right now, Arsenal are not even playing in Europe, despite all the money they have spent since sacking him. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ayemileto:

And where have Arsenal been since sacking him?

Remember he took Arsenal to Europa League Final in his first season in charge. He was sacked in the second.

Right now, Arsenal are not even playing in Europe, despite all the money they have spent since sacking him. shocked

Arsenal, in my books has always been a grossly unserious and small club.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Ayemileto(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
megapriest:

My guy I disagree with that...Arsenal was terrible under Emery no attack, no defence, no possession.

Teams like Wolves, Leicester will be having 22 shots at goal with Arsenal having just 7. It was a terrible experience for us under Emery

Arteta brought more dignity and respect when he came.

Me I preferred Arteta to Emery.

@Bolded.

Then how come he took you to Europa League Final if things were that bad? shocked

Also, remember he didn't get as much money/support to buy players like Arteta have gotten so far. shocked

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Emu4life:
Kai, dz man get balls. Meanwhile, EPL FAN BOYZ are already making noise above. His project currently at Villarreal (Establishing presence in Europe) is a better project than Newcastle(Insurmountable expectations) .
IN SPAIN, you play football. IN ENGLAND, the press and media plays the ball. Kick and follow football.
SPANISH LEAGUE =60+European trophies
ITALIAN LEAGUE=50+European trophies
ENGLISH LEAGUE =40+European trophies

EMERY IS A WISE MAN.

What is the number 1 league in the world according to FIFA and UEFA?

EPL is the hottest, most watched and widely followed football league in the world.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by mrkings84(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Good for him.
Who what cast the first stone??
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by megapriest(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Angelfrost:

Your words are funny...

A mediocre Arsenal? ,Always choose ur words with respect...Remember Arsenal brought Emery from PSG just as Chelsea brought Tuchel.

Was that not an ambitious move by Arsenal? The fact remains that Emery in Spain is like a fish in the ocean .Emery is a king only in Spanish football he will flop outside there.

He flopped at PSG before he was booted out....NEWCASTLE FOR STILL SACK AM
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by nairalandankrah: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Judithjovial:
Good for him, Newcastle isn't a good project at the moment, wait let someone steady the ship this season. A decent coach comes and snatches it off you.

This account is a scammer, masquerading as a data vendor on Nairaland. Be careful when you come across this account details
Akindele olubunmi
First bank

Y always afonja?

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by LajaLaba: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

shocked

I see you are rattled.

Let me dignify you with a response. If you had even worms in your head for a brain, you should have seen where "i wrote In my books".

But alas! in your own words, "You were not cautious enough to read" my opinion.

Quick to comment, slow to think.

Now run along with your maggot infested brain and hide yourself.

I won't dignify you with another response.
Just go siddon OK..Thanks
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

grin We both know Villareal will not go far.

When the MEN get separated from the boys, that's when you will see the seriousness and intensity of the Champions league.

Champions League group stage is moi-moi and garri.

But u haven't answered d question:

Is Emery not already competing in d champions league? Is there any level higher than champions league in club football?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Fragility6: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
An arsenal reject that won europa league thrice in a row. Donkey. Your club na Fa cup be una major achievements every year
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

Villareal and Sevilla are in the same venn diagram.

They don't go far in the Champions league (Manchester United is tending towards this direction). Especially Sevilla. Sometimes i wonder if they get into the champions league just to drop out and go to Europa and finish it off.

Thats not the point though.

My point is that, with the new found financial firepower of the saudi backed Newcastle, they have the prospects of competing in the highest levels. Unai should see this as an ambition . Drag them out of the relagation zone (the season is still young and fresh and this is still very feasible).

There is no way he won't be backed financially. Get Newcastle competing again. This is the ambition i am talking about.

I have personally left a high paying job to take a lower paying one because i saw prospects and i was ambitious. At the end, it paid off.

This is where my submission is coming from.

Dude is playing in d champions league. U want him to leave all that to go and be fighting relegation in a club that is barely known. Is that ur definition of ambition?

Based on your analogy of leaving a higher paying job, would emery's job at Villarreal be more higher paying than that of Newcastle?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Fragility6: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Leave dat clown. Emery wey win europa thrice in a row,did well at psg even carry the unfortunate arsenal reach europa final yet the donkey dey belittle e achievements as if arsenal as a club get ambition other than winning fa cup. If dem win fa cup,dem go consider dier season as a success.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Emu4life(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

What is the number 1 league in the world according to FIFA and UEFA?

EPL is the hottest, most watched and widely followed football league in the world.
It's cuz of the Language bro. Whaat is interesting about watching the ball in the air immediately after kickoff or hard tackles like it's rugby??
During the Man Utd v Tottenham match that coincided with Valencia v Villarreal, b4 the beginning of the game, EPL FAN BOYZ were shouting on the attendant to change all the Teles to epl but some of us insisted we must watch the Spanish match. Guess whaat, during the second half, nearly everybody later turned to watch the entertaining game between Valencia and Villarreal. This has been happening always, I don't know why.

During Leisure, dey try tune into Laliga tv and watch doz mid-table Spanish teams, You go appreciate football
Na money and Noise dey England, OG football dey Spain.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Pootle: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
"money cannot buy life" bob marley
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by MangekyoAlt: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
As them dey blast that your coconut head now, you like am?

I just don't know why some of you just come to NL to make a fool of yourselves. Imagine asking a stupid, senseless, question like "who is unai emery". *spits
You must be among those football wannabe fans. In reality, you don't knw shit
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Based on your analogy of leaving a higher paying job, would emery's job at Villarreal be more higher paying than that of Newcastle?

I left the higher paying for a lower paying because i was ambitious and i saw prospects.
You are mixing it up with Unai leaving for a higher salary.

I am saying Newcastle has prospects because of their new financial status. An ambitious coach will disregard their current status and look at the prospects.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Judithjovial(f): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
Why
Why is it that yorubas like local yahoo yahoo, I hv noticed that from a very long time, most of the Nairaland scammers are from the west
I'm always against talks like yours viewed as tribal attacks but damn I'm pissed I've always tried to move pass this local fraud and trust my fellow Nairalanders just so we can all build together,but the all yorubas keeps disappointing angry
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

How else do i explain my personal opinion to you now bayi?

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / PSG Set To Beat City To Messi After Neymar Asked To Bring Former Teammate / France Vs Belgium: We’ll Show Thiery Henry He Picked Wrong Side - Giroud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.