Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer (23591 Views)

Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As PSG Coach On A Two Years Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Emu4life:
It's cuz of the Language bro. Whaat is interesting about watching the ball in the air immediately after kickoff or hard tackles like it's rugby??
During the Man Utd v Tottenham match that coincided with Valencia v Villarreal, b4 the beginning of the game, EPL FAN BOYZ were shouting on the attendant to change all the Teles to epl but some of us insisted we must watch the Spanish match. Guess whaat, during the second half, nearly everybody later turned to watch the entertaining game between Valencia and Villarreal. This has been happening always, I don't know why.

During Leisure, dey try tune into Laliga tv and watch doz mid-table Spanish teams, You go appreciate football
Na money and Noise dey England, OG football dey Spain.

I watch LaLiga. I watch the Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

I appreciate their style of football. But I am not in love with it. Its the hard tackles and physicality of the EPL that i love.

Same way not every one like beans.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:
Newcastle doesn't have much to build on so the first or second manager will definitely bear the brunt even when they start buying big stars. Though getting sacked would depend on the tolerance level of the new owners, it's still not a good idea to be the very first manager of the revolution. The likelihood of failure is very high, however that's the exact situation that some managers prefer. The pressure will still build up on subsequent managers but they will have a better structure to work on.

The pressure on English managers is too much.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Minemrys: 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2021
Olam09:
Yea, that's a good decision by him he learnt from nino espiranto's dilemma the muthafucka wasn't pursued at wolves he left because he saw a tantalizing offer.. meanwhile unai emery is still at work and if he's to accept Newcastle's offer then boom everything went wrong just like nuno he'll be sacked and remain at home..

Abeg how unilag dey take grade o level result for admission.. can anyone answer me asap.
Actually Nuno was let go by Wolves. Spurs came to him cause Conte rejected the offer then. Try to read sports news before running to comment.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Vejin(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

Not an ambitious man in my books.

Manchester United gave this guy relevance by losing the Europa League final.

If not, who is Unai Emery?

An Arsenal reject.

Who is Unai Emery? someone who won Europa league back to back to back, 3 straight times with Sevilla? need I to add he defeated Liverpool, still coached by Jurgen Klopp back then? guy fear God small

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by andrewbaba44: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

So who gave him relevance when he won 3 Europa league title back to back with Sevilla ?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Truvelisback(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
I won't blame him sha. Eng clubs is hard to manage compared to other country clubs.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by DavSagacity(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Judithjovial:
Good for him, Newcastle isn't a good project at the moment, wait let someone steady the ship this season. A decent coach comes and snatches it off you.

This account is a scammer, masquerading as a data vendor on Nairaland. Be careful when you come across this account details
Akindele olubunmi
First bank
Pls don't buy data from anybody on Nairaland except u know the person personally.
I have been scammed before on Nairaland. I reported the person and he opened another account with another Username. He kept on changing accounts. Nd there are scores of them like that on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by JustforMen: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
onefuture:
Being a full time student in Nigeria is very hard mostly when you don't have support coming from anywhere apart from what you can hustle for yourself.

Nairalanders please help me support with a token so that i can feed this week, i can't prostitute or rob, i can only work and hope.
20:63:38:99:19 U..B..A

yes, you can
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Shikena(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
PaNnamdi:

No be by big players plays na players and coach relations and seriousness

If u doubt take a look a the new club brentford
You don't spend that huge amount buying a premier league club to start looking at the likes of Brentford or Leicester.
The new owners of Newcastle are richer by far compared with the likes of Chelsea and Man City owners, I don't think they are in this to build a typical good team.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

I left the higher paying for a lower paying because i was ambitious and i saw prospects.
You are mixing it up with Unai leaving for a higher salary.

I am saying Newcastle has prospects because of their new financial status. An ambitious coach will disregard their current status and look at the prospects.

U still haven't answered d questions:

Dude is playing in d champions league. U want him to leave all that to go and be fighting relegation in a club that is barely known. Is that ur definition of ambition?

Based on your analogy of leaving a higher paying job, would emery's job at Villarreal be more higher paying than that of Newcastle?

If your definition of ambition is turning down a higher paying job for a lower, isn't it d same thing emery did by turning down d Newcastle job?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:

You don't spend that huge amount buying a premier league club to start looking at the likes of Brentford or Leicester.
The new owners of Newcastle are richer by far compared with the likes of Chelsea and Man City owners, I don't think they are in this to build a typical good team.

What pannamdi is simply saying is that d fact that Newcastle has money is no guarantee of success
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

How else do i explain my personal opinion to you now bayi?

undecided

Am asking for your opinion:

Is Emery not already competing in d champions league? Yes or no

Is there any level higher than champions league in club football?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Shikena(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:
What pannamdi is simply saying is that d fact that Newcastle has money is no guarantee of success
No, it's no guarantee of success. I don't think anyone made such assertion, even if it goes without saying that the goal of every investment is success.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
Emu4life:
Kai, dz man get balls. Meanwhile, EPL FAN BOYZ are already making noise above. His project currently at Villarreal (Establishing presence in Europe) is a better project than Newcastle(Insurmountable expectations) .
IN SPAIN, you play football. IN ENGLAND, the press and media plays the ball. Kick and follow football.
SPANISH LEAGUE =60+European trophies
ITALIAN LEAGUE=50+European trophies
ENGLISH LEAGUE =40+European trophies

EMERY IS A WISE MAN.

You are wrong about how football is played in England

Actually,

Different English clubs play differently

They don't play the same way
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by richmondefosa(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Am asking for your opinion:

Is Emery not already competing in d champions league? Yes or no

Is there any level higher than champions league in club football?

He is. Newcastle has the possibility of being bigger than Villareal.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by emmanuelbrown26: 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Judithjovial:
I'm always against talks like yours viewed as tribal attacks but damn I'm pissed I've always tried to move pass this local fraud and trust my fellow Nairalanders just so we can all build together,but the all yorubas keeps disappointing angry
I thought I was the only one that has noticed it

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by openmine(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
That is not true!
Unai won 3 back to back europa league trophies for Sevilla before heading to PSG where he won ligue1 title with French cup before he came to arsenal!
He is still a good & well known manager despite his failure to deliver at arsenal!

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by SirMichael1: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
Everyone has a price, Emery. Yours just hasn't been called yet.

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by shiki(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Bro you simply don't know him
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Lxc1: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ehyy
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:

He is. Newcastle has the possibility of being bigger than Villareal.

If emery is already competing in d champions league, is there any level higher than champions league in club football?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:

No, it's no guarantee of success. I don't think anyone made such assertion, even if it goes without saying that the goal of every investment is success.

Same thing we are saying. Even if "the goal of every investment is success", does it mean success is guaranteed?
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by FWESHVEIN(m): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

C'mon.. Emery is actually one of the best manager in the word. He's also has titles with several clubs, he's just so underrated and unfortunate sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Shikena(m): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
lexy2014:

Same thing we are saying. Even if "the goal of every investment is success", does it mean success is guaranteed?
Already answered.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Druss(m): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

You are joking? This guy has won more European tournaments than l'arse. He was known before joining Arsenal. Your post instead reveals your ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by Druss(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
megapriest:

A mediocre Arsenal? ,Always choose ur words with respect...Remember Arsenal brought Emery from PSG just as Chelsea brought Tuchel.

Was that not an ambitious move by Arsenal? The fact remains that Emery in Spain is like a fish in the ocean .Emery is a king only in Spanish football he will flop outside there.

He flopped at PSG before he was booted out....NEWCASTLE FOR STILL SACK AM

Tuchel also flopped at PSG, didn't he - based on your logic. Emery has coached in France, Spain and England. He has won trophies with French and Spanish clubs. He is a 4 time Europa champion. Arsenal in their history has not won more than 3 European trophies. Their record is mediocre compared to Unai's in Europe. His record at Arsenal despite the way he was treated and disrespected by that club shows he was the last to lead them to a final.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by konamitv: 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
Manchester united fans organize prayer service to pursue ole solksjaer from the club... watch here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vw4bRsSQxk
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by McAausim: 8:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.

Chai.....

Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by andrewbaba44: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
TechCapon:
Spanish league is old glory. Since Messi and Ronaldo left, the quality has drastically reduced.

It doesn’t change the fact that they have more achievement than England In Europe,old Glory or not ,they have produced the most ballon d or winners
Epl should go and do that if it’s easy
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by lexy2014: 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shikena:

Already answered.

Glad u did
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by nurain150(m): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
Olam09:
Yea, that's a good decision by him he learnt from nino espiranto's dilemma the muthafucka wasn't pursued at wolves he left because he saw a tantalizing offer.. meanwhile unai emery is still at work and if he's to accept Newcastle's offer then boom everything went wrong just like nuno he'll be sacked and remain at home..

Abeg how unilag dey take grade o level result for admission.. can anyone answer me asap.

Check their brochure u dey do like fresher guy.
Re: Unai Emery Officially Rejects Newcastle's Offer by generalwo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

An Arsenal reject.
..... If you ask who the man is, then u don't know anything about football.... Someone who won the Europa league 3 straight times in a row with sevilla? Beating the likes of Liverpool in the final in the 2016 final? You can't write the history of the Europa league without mentioning Unai Emery and the fact that you don't know this makes me question when you started watching football...... And for the records, Newcastle is a great club but at the moment, Villarreal is a better club for him to manage than Newcastle...... They have better players and play in a top league.... I don't see what you mean by he doesn't have ambitions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Paul Pogba Named 2018 World's Most Marketable Athlete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.