Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help (451 Views)

I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! / I Love Him So Much But I'm Afraid I've Lost Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by Sukkyy2010: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hello colleagues user on NLD,

I have a babe that we started dating since January of this year. We started as casual friend no strings attached but in a long run in our friendship we discover we both have strong affection for each other of which I made the move by asking her out and we started dating each other sincerely.

Fast forward to my point, this lady is eager to get married as soon as possible as she started singing the song of marriage to my ear since couple of month back now that next year we should get married.

It really my pleasure receiving that expectant propose from her coz she's my Spec but I'm not seeing my self financially buoyant to go into that segment of life.

Though I'm into a business that fetch me 6 figure monthly but the business is not secure base on it nature and I'm only running the business temporarily to save up for my dream business that inherently has security longevity unlike the present one that I'm into.

Anytime she talk about marriage my heart always skip I pray I won't have Bp...I always try to convince urge her to give me a little more time but she won't just keep insist that next year we are getting married.

I don't want to lose her because she worth to be married to base on the good qualities she possess which is very rear to see among ladies of nowadays.

Apart from her pressure on me and my readiness status aside that, I think I'm an internal conflict concerning marriage Now my personal issue which I mostly need to be counselled about is my marriage phobia in a sense that.. I want to get married but I'm afraid going Into it.

Anytime I think of marriage or she's the one raised up the topic I use to have this phobia that always come with the sensation that marriage is a burden I might end up become poor or needy and I believe such sensation is abnormal and I may end up lose this girl and end up never marry in life if I don't let go this sensation that always overwhelm each time its topic of marriage.

So please I need a therapy that works to help me eradicate that phobia thought that keesp telling me I may not have a successful marriage or marriage will become a burden to me.
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by 55truth: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
undecided
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by Sonnobax15(m): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
lipsrsealed
Some of una stories for this nairaland just dey make person dey feel like say marriage be like one kind horror film undecided.

Well,op,my only advice na be say no let any body ginger you to go do something wey never enter your body to do...... Because if you try am,na only you go face the consequences las las like self-contain........
At least, you're man enough considering the fact that you earn 6 figures just like you said......So making certain decisions and standing firm by them shouldn't be a big Problem for you......Even me wey dey earn small thing self, Nobody for this life go fit
ginger me to go do wetin never enter my body to do undecided

5 Likes

Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
I got nothing to say to you. ..cos you re already planing to fail
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by mikigen(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
OP I always advice any young man to be ready physically, psychologically and emotionally before even considering marriage, in your case though your not ready, don't let her push into what your not ready for, it's a free world bro it's not about phobia you are not ready yet, marriage is not your priority for now that's what I can sense from your post so let here kw on time and if need be, be ready to loose her it won't stop you from meeting someone later when you are ready bro.
Man up ! Be a man stop talking like a sissy who doesn't kw what he want be firm in your decision making I guess that's what you should work on cheers!

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by silvoclaira: 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
Op i wish you God Hand
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by alphaNomega: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Some of una stories for this nairaland just dey make person dey feel like say marriage be like one kind horror film undecided.

Well,op,my only advice na be say no let any body ginger you to go do something wey never enter your body to do...... Because if you try am,na only you go face the consequences las las like self-contain........
At least, you're man enough considering the fact that you earn 6 figures just like you said......So making certain decisions and standing firm by them shouldn't be a big Problem for you......Even me wey dey earn small thing self, Nobody for this life go fit
ginger me to go do wetin never enter my body to do undecided

100,000 is six figures. The challenge with marriage is the responsibility that comes with it. Not many are ready for that phase.
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by Adamdau: 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
Good is your strength
Re: Help, I'm Afraid Of Getting Married Help by Truvelisback(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
Hello colleagues user on NLD,

I have a babe that we started dating since January of this year. We started as casual friend no strings attached but in a long run in our friendship we discover we both have strong affection for each other of which I made the move by asking her out and we started dating each other sincerely.

Fast forward to my point, this lady is eager to get married as soon as possible as she started singing the song of marriage to my ear since couple of month back now that next year we should get married.

It really my pleasure receiving that expectant propose from her coz she's my Spec but I'm not seeing my self financially buoyant to go into that segment of life.

Though I'm into a business that fetch me 6 figure monthly but the business is not secure base on it nature and I'm only running the business temporarily to save up for my dream business that inherently has security longevity unlike the present one that I'm into.

Anytime she talk about marriage my heart always skip I pray I won't have Bp...I always try to convince urge her to give me a little more time but she won't just keep insist that next year we are getting married.

I don't want to lose her because she worth to be married to base on the good qualities she possess which is very rear to see among ladies of nowadays.

Apart from her pressure on me and my readiness status aside that, I think I'm an internal conflict concerning marriage Now my personal issue which I mostly need to be counselled about is my marriage phobia in a sense that.. I want to get married but I'm afraid going Into it.

Anytime I think of marriage or she's the one raised up the topic I use to have this phobia that always come with the sensation that marriage is a burden I might end up become poor or needy and I believe such sensation is abnormal and I may end up lose this girl and end up never marry in life if I don't let go this sensation that always overwhelm each time its topic of marriage.

So please I need a therapy that works to help me eradicate that phobia thought that keesp telling me I may not have a successful marriage or marriage will become a burden to me.

My Guy, tell her ur burden. She might want to co-operate with u by making it work out. Some ladies(independent ladies) aren't after weda u are financially bouyant or not. If she really loves u, she will want to put her head together with u to make it work out. I once met a lady like that, who was giving me green light(she likes me like mad). I told her i don't think i am ready for any marriage thing for now because of my Present financial state, thinking that it will turned down her feelings for me but it didn't. She said, it doesn't matter. Note: The girl na Igbo girl who doesn't depend on guys financially. Na me no just take her serious. So guy, tell her.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Tricks To Get Eligible For Kuda Bank Overdraft? / Is There Anything Like “love” In This Today’s Generation??? / Any Unmarried Female Police Officer Who Gets Pregnant Will Be Sacked:police Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.