Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video (42373 Views)

Mirabel Obi, UNN Twerker, Attempts Suicide (Video) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Crunchyg2: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Then get back to work..you should be sensible enough to know you shouldn't be replying me instead of wasting your time...if you can't prove your point make more research aiit..you go school no mean say you wise.. peace out man enjoy..
enjoy your day
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by snoopz: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Make we no lie, this babe na hoe
Normal normal, first year students no too dey sharp like knife this babe don sharp pass guillotine
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Metrofox(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
SiggyNG:
Whatever happens, it doesn't dispute the fact that what she did is morally wrong. That is an educational ground for Christ sake.

[color=#990000][/color] giving us latest campus gist since 1857 grin
typical judgemental Nigerian behavior, that is not a secondary school shut up and keep your opinion to yourself or discuss it with your pastor
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Metrofox(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
muller101:
Morally some people's comments on this thread shows they are already dead. If you want people to adhere to mind your business mentality don't go to public places. Useless yourself privately.
and who made you the morality police..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Metrofox(m): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
aluyapreston:

It is the school business because unlike Western world that award certificate for academic progress. The NUC has directed Nigeria Universities to award certificate for academic powress and character. So you hear... Character. Evey University in Nigeria has the right to expel her as she broke the latter. Case close

what's the basis for expelling a first year student who hasn't even gone through your so called training on academics and character, if no be mumu dey worry your brain. and cultists go still dey the school without expulsion
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by WoundedLamb: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
aluyapreston:

It is the school business because unlike Western world that award certificate for academic progress. The NUC has directed Nigeria Universities to award certificate for academic powress and character. So you hear... Character. Evey University in Nigeria has the right to expel her as she broke the latter. Case close

But they won't. You know why? Because it is impractical to police the way a public university students live thier lives outside the school premises. The lady in question could be anywhere in the world dancing. If the school expels her, they'd be starting what they cannot finish cause they'd also have to go to all the clubs around the school premises to identify and expel thier students who dance, smoke like chimneys and drink like fishes there. I've see the video and there's nothing about her dancing that we all have not see a hundred times before (also done by people who are mostly students at the time). We've seen videos of boys in clubs dancing amorously with ladies. Some of our musicians like Davido and Co. were students when they made videos dancing with half naked women. The women in those videos were probably students as well. How many of these people were expelled? This is not about being woke but about being realistic and logical. We can criticise her but the school has no business expelling a student cause of the she dances especially a public university like UNN where you have students from different backgrounds and cultures.

The character aspect of the so-called oath probably exists to give the school the power to discipline erring students like the one who was caught on camera attacking a lecturer or those who dress in a certain way to school or those who antagonize fellow students in one way or the other. But with respect to general character policing, it's a wild goose chase; there's little to nothing the school can do about that. I'm sure we all know this.

Cc: aluyapreston
kinkymax
passion007
KingAzari
Odidigboigbo
chymeze
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by muller101(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Metrofox:

and who made you the morality police..
useless yourself in private don't take it to where sane people are gathered.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by muller101(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
PaNnamdi:

Are u the owner of public place u can't force your views on others public place or not u can go to Afghanistan and cover all your body including your eyes nonsense.
Old man look the other way if you don't know what to say.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by KingAzari: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Because it is impractical to police the way a public university students live thier lives outside the school premises. T

So you were not told that the incident happened inside the school, which was why the dean got involved. Students can showcase their madness, truancy and stvpidity at anywhere but not inside the school. Dem talk say every dog dey chop sh1t but na the one wey dem see sh1t for em mouth dem dey call sh1t eater. She can't win that case with the school once that clause of "in learning and character" is thrown in.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Bigpapi: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
SiggyNG:
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6825717/unn-female-student-strips-off/1#107165293

The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has finally released an official statement about Mirabel Obi, the first-year medical laboratory student, who was filmed as she twerked half naked during a dance competition at the Akpabio Hostel.

The school management have denied suspending the student seen in a viral video twerking in a revealing bodysuit.

Although, in the video, the school's Dean of Affairs was also seen threatening to ensure that she is expelled for bringing shame to humanity and womanhood.

In a statement released by the Public Relations Officer of the University, Okwun Omeaku, the institution said it does not “condone acts of indecency and other morally reprehensible behaviour from our students.

''Our degrees and certificates are awarded only to those who have been found worthy in character and in learning.

“Against the backdrop of mixed reactions on the video, it is important to clarify that the university has neither suspended the student nor pronounced any punishment on account of the incident”.

The management said it has set up a panel to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident, adding that further action would be guided by the report of the panel.
'', he said.

The school authorities urged the general public to disregard reports that the student has been suspended, adding that the public should also ignore any comment suggesting a pre-determined punishment for the student.

https:///unn-finally-releases-statement-on-the-girl-who-twerked-half-naked/

U can never shame the shameless
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
WoundedLamb:

But they won't. You know why? Because it is impractical to police the way a public university students live thier lives outside the school premises. The lady in question could be anywhere in the world dancing. If the school expels her, they'd be starting what they cannot finish cause they'd also have to go to all the clubs around the school premises to identify and expel thier students who dance, smoke like chimneys and drink like fishes there. I've see the video and there's nothing about her dancing that we all have not see a hundred times before (also done by people who are mostly students at the time). We've seen videos of boys in clubs dancing amorously with ladies. Some of our musicians like Davido and Co. were students when they made videos dancing with half naked women. The women in those videos were probably students as well. How many of these people were expelled? This is not about being woke but about being realistic and logical. We can criticise her but the school has no business expelling a student cause of the she dances especially a public university like UNN where you have students from different backgrounds and cultures.

The character aspect of the so-called oath probably exists to give the school the power to discipline erring students like the one who was caught on camera attacking a lecturer or those who dress in a certain way to school or those who antagonize fellow students in one way or the other. But with respect to general character policing, it's a wild goose chase; there's little to nothing the school can do about that. I'm sure we all know this.

Cc: aluyapreston
kinkymax
passion007
KingAzari
Odidigboigbo
chymeze
Those striping in clubs, prostituting and some musicians that dance necked does so outside the school premises and their actions were not tagged to the school because no one knows where they came from. Had it been it was in club she was stripping, the school will not about it, but this was carried out in school premises and in school hostel.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by jonadaft: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:

And who gave you the right to call names
I guess respect and discipline left with your brains
And who gave you the right to ask me ?

I guess you must be a doIt
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Blakpot: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Skyfornia:
She must be under some influence...don't suspend her rather take her to a psychiatrist, hard drug is definitely driving her.

On her IG page, she describes herself as a "twerk icon, content creator" so she obviously takes pride in twerking like any other IG slay wteva.
Apparently she was participating for 30k in a dance competition hosted in UNN girls hostel

She was having fun dancing, hoping to get rewarded.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Kyf1: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Oh
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by DWJOBScom(m): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jonathan:

And who gave you the right to ask me ?

I guess you must be a doIt

I made the mistake
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Cousin9999: 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
She didn't commit a crime. Imagine denying someone an education because they wiggled their būtt.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Cousin9999: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
She needs to study in the Caribbean. She can wiggle her būtt all she wants and still be allowed to study.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
How I wish we are in Afghanistan .. I would be Glad for the Talibans to execute the OLOSHO..
Nonsense..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by donprincebigt(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
rex21:

This 'mind your business' slogan of this nee generation dey spoil things both directly and indirectly, but una nor know.

Person wey drink go drive, come get accident kill the wife of he friend ontop okada. He friend naim buy the drink for am, knowing fully well say he go drive.

Our small actions can cause cataclysmic events bro.

Africa has a saying that a child is not raised by the parents alone, but by the community.

Nor talk mind your business, rather reprimand with moderation, nor carry the matter for head
Don't get me wrong we are already in the generation of do as u wish. Even the leaders care not bou d people. They do things the way they want and nobody can challenge dere authority. Now correcting someone which will eventually cause enmity can't correct the situation on ground. Do ur best and leave d rest. It's already end time as people say. Let's all await the coming of Jesus Christ
Peace
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by donprincebigt(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Sermwell:

If everyone does what they like, you won't be here typing this nonsense! The school's reputation is at stake if they don't act!!
But everybody has right to his or her opinion. Didn't u read that in sch numbskull ?
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
texazzpete:

I strongly suspect YOU are the one under the influence of hard drugs, or have a mental health condition. Because this your comment is senseless, illogical and unwise.

It's obvious you are a drug addict...I don't have a word for you, continue until you destroy your kidney..then you will come online to seek for help
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

How is hard drugs affecting her? For twerking in a competition or did she commit a crime...??
Nigerians get serious problem abeg...

By pulling off her clothes? Which type of crazy competition was that? Hope you are not a drug addict too??
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Skyfornia:

By pulling off her clothes? Which type of crazy competition was that? Hope you are not a drug addict too??
I am a recovering drug addict and I am doing quite aiit what's wrong with that? Stop the stereotype..you are wiser than this but you chose to be a dumb kinda dude which you ain't...
So does pulling off your top in a twerking competition makes one a drug addict?
She was supposed to win a prize and she did what she gotta do to win it..
Look man life ain't about being judgemental the day you apply this to your life I bet you gonna be 10 percent ahead of most people..
What are you gonna say if it was a guy who pulled his clothes?just cos it's a lady you say she is a drug addict...you clearly don't know what a drug addict mean and you don't use the word "drug addict"when you feel like.. enjoy
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

I am a recovering drug addict and I am doing quite aiit what's wrong with that? Stop the stereotype..you are wiser than this but you chose to be a dumb kinda dude which you ain't...
So does pulling off your top in a twerking competition makes one a drug addict?
She was supposed to win a prize and she did what she gotta do to win it..
Look man life ain't about being judgemental the day you apply this to your life I bet you gonna be 10 percent ahead of most people..
What are you gonna say if it was a guy who pulled his clothes?just cos it's a lady you say she is a drug addict...you clearly don't know what a drug addict mean and you don't use the word "drug addict"when you feel like.. enjoy

All these gilberish to justify your fellow drug addict? Please I'm not on the same page with you so my moral upbringing will never come low to accept a lady removing clothes in public as normal. You are high...on a different levels that's why you are cheering her.. I'm sure you will pull pant or boxers if you were in her shoes. Birds of the same feathers..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
Skyfornia:

All these gilberish to justify your fellow drug addict? Please I'm not on the same page with you so my moral upbringing will never come low to accept a lady removing clothes in public as normal. You are high...on a different levels that's why you are cheering her.. I'm sure you will pull pant or boxers if you were in her shoes. Birds of the same feathers..
no eres maduro pendejo ...your moral upbringing does not speak for others..stop being a silly billy she didn't pull her clothe in public it was a twerking competition...who are you?you are nobody to call her a drug addict..
With this mentality of yours how do you relate with people on the outside..I believe your mentality is gonna be too poor limiting everything to "moral upbringing"
Sometimes it's fun to think outside the box..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

no eres maduro pendejo ...your moral upbringing does not speak for others..stop being a silly billy she didn't pull her clothe in public it was a twerking competition...who are you?you are nobody to call her a drug addict..
With this mentality of yours how do you relate with people on the outside..I believe your mentality is gonna be too poor limiting everything to "moral upbringing"
Sometimes it's fun to think outside the box..

Since I have called both of you drug addicts..wetin you wan do? Gerrarahere mehn..! Just continue...your kidney will suffer it later.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Skyfornia:

Since I have called both of you drug addicts..wetin you wan do? Gerrarahere mehn..! Just continue...your kidney will suffer it later.
Look I am a man of realism philosophy not limiting my mind to what I've been told..seek knowledge beyond your reach and you shall be the best..I expected a good stunt but I was quite disappointed..well nothing else since you wish on limiting your thinking ability to "moral upbringing" and I hope your "moral upbringing" will do justice..you don't know who I am and I hope you never do.. enjoy yourself and have a good night rest..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Skyfornia(m): 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Look I am a man of realism philosophy not limiting my mind to what I've been told..seek knowledge beyond your reach and you shall be the best..I expected a good stunt but I was quite disappointed..well nothing else since you wish on limiting your thinking ability to "moral upbringing" and I hope your "moral upbringing" will do justice..you don't know who I am and I hope you never do.. enjoy yourself and have a good night rest..

https://www.nairaland.com/6835057/mirabel-obi-father-lost-contracts

Read and see what her twerking has caused her dad... I'm sure you will still be supporting her after reading the story above...in your eyes you are right and every other person is wrong...quit drugs bro. Before it is too late. You might think I'm insulting you but this is coming from a place of concern..cause I don't want you coming online tomorrow to beg me for money to treat your kidney.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by WoundedLamb: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Those striping in clubs, prostituting and some musicians that dance necked does so outside the school premises and their actions were not tagged to the school because no one knows where they came from. Had it been it was in club she was stripping, the school will not about it, but this was carried out in school premises and in school hostel.

Now, this is a better argument. The school can control what the students do within the school premises and not outside not the students' character at home or in their private lives outside the school as suggested by everyone that quoted me cause that isn't just impractical but also unnecessary at that age. That is why a student might not be allowed to dress in a certain way to school while nobody cares if she's a prostitute out there. So except the students did this in the school premises, the university has no business telling her how to dance or dress out there.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Metrofox(m): 12:08am On Nov 05, 2021
muller101:
useless yourself in private don't take it to where sane people are gathered.

Well done Mr perfect
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by texazzpete(m): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2021
KingAzari:

Their school, their rules. Abide or step aside for others that want to abide.

I know you have comprehension challenges, but my clear point is that their rules have not been broken in any way.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by texazzpete(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Her action has brought shame and public ridicule to the School, with the phrase "UNN student tweak necked". These are the same shame and ridicules cultist brought to schools as well, hence he has to been sanctioned. These things are well spelt out in the matric oath you signed, never to be indulge in any activities that will bring shame and ridicules to the Institution. CERTIFICATES AND DECREES ARE AWARDED TO ONLY THOSE THAT HAS BEEN FOUND WORTHY BOTH IN CHARACTER AND LEARNING. School is not a club, she is free to go to strips club and dance necked, like others are doing, no one cares provided she didn't go there with the name of the school.

Ah yes. Imaginary ‘shame and ridicule’.

What of you? You’re a graduate who cannot even spell the word ‘naked’. Isn’t that a bigger embarrassment on your own school?

Your certificate should be withdrawn immediately!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jamb Syllabus For This Year? / check your futminna remedial/under graduate admission status now / The Human Skeleton My Students Drew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.