Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: (14875 Views)

Yorubas Are Cowards ....... But Really ?? / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions / Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by cap28: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
the tragic thing about these pathetic misfits that call themselves our govt officials is that they travel abroad to places like europe and america and see how things work properly, they see how the poor are provided for, they see how food, health care, education are all within the reach of ordinary folk and yet these punks come back to nigeria and shamelessly REFUSE to better the lot of their own people - Gbawe pray tell - does that equate to intelligence in your book - cos it equates to down right foolishness in mine.

Does it make sense to keep your own people mired in grim poverty when citizens of other nations live with dignity and pride for what their own nations have done for them?  Does it make sense to divert millions of stolen funds into your bank account while your streets are filled with jobless youths?  Does it make sense to build bogus white elephant projects when you havent been able to provide constant electricity and running water for your vast population?

Gbawe i say to you hang your head in shame if the reason for these your outbursts on here has been because you are related to a nigerian govt official because the current crop of nigerian politicians that we have  are about as useful to the progress of nigeria as cancer is to a human being.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by cap28: 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gbawe:

Who will do this for you? Why not come to Nigeria to lead the execution squad that will achieve what you want ? Why not leave the UK and come to Nigeria to lead by example as others are doing? Some of you are simply stuck in the past and have been out of Nigeria for far too long . We are gradually seeing the good guys getting involved in Nigerian politics more. That is the truth. Whether you wan't to believe that or not is your own problem.

If we can all unite under the umbrella of progress for all, irrespective of ethnic affiliation - we can achieve that objective, rawlings did it in Ghana - it can be done in nigeria, this present set of nigerian politicians are scum and they are the root cause of evrything that has gone wrong with nigeria.

Im not stuck in the past at all - im looking way ahead and what i see is very bleak, as long as we carry on fighting amongst ourselves we will never acheive anything. The sad thing is that those who are actually smart are watching us very closely, they are covertly waiting to put the final touches to their long term plan of the complete appropriation of our land and resources, so while people like your relative continue robbing us blind and pushing us closer to the abyss the real smart people will move in for the kill and many of us will end up as aliens in our own land.

By the way where are these good guys in nigerian politics that you speak of? I hope you dont mean Goodluck Jonathan and his bandwagon of criminal cronies?
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by cheikh: 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gbawe
Let what slide ? So folks who don't know how to have pride in their nation , in good and bad times , carry the day? Abeg go siddon.  I aint playing here.

@Gbawe ^^

Haba! Bro grin grin Do you sincerely believe ^^ that? Let's assume for a moment that you are from Bayelsa state/ Ogoni and that you are about 30years old, , never seen fresh, clean, unpolluted water, decent schools that make Jakande schools @ Amuwo-Odofin look like heaven on earth, no  health dispensary let alone hospital, roads are but dreams etc yet the resources that keep the so called "nation" Nigeria afloat is under your feet; Will you still feel in good and bad [/b]times keeping in mind that you have never known any so called "good" times but pain all through life?. [b]Optimism is very good but we can't gloss over pervasive debilitating pain around us otherwise we become insensitive mindless brutes lacking in humanity. I believe you are not like that. 'Pride' in 'nation' is rather too rich an ideal to expect of someone like the 'imaginary' 30 year old I described above. We should be expecting anger and constant disruption or even War truthfully grin, not propaganda telling so called Nigerians that they are ok or that they are the happiest humans on earth because of a preponderance of "smart"  individuals.. Acknowledgement and discussion of our 'social problems' does not imply lack of "pride" etc Does it? Pls let it slide you're more than that wink grin
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
cheikh:

Gbawe
@Gbawe ^^

Haba! Bro grin grin Do you sincerely believe ^^ that? Let's assume for a moment that you are from Bayelsa state/ Ogoni and that you are about 30years old, , never seen fresh, clean, unpolluted water, decent schools that make Jakande schools @ Amuwo-Odofin look like heaven on earth, no  health dispensary let alone hospital, roads are but dreams etc yet the resources that keep the so called "nation" Nigeria afloat is under your feet; Will you still feel in good and bad [/b]times keeping in mind that you have never known any so called "good" times but pain all through life?. [b]Optimism is very good but we can't gloss over pervasive debilitating pain around us otherwise we become insensitive mindless brutes lacking in humanity. I believe you are not like that. 'Pride' in 'nation' is rather too rich an ideal to expect of someone like the 'imaginary' 30 year old I described above. We should be expecting anger and constant disruption or even War truthfully grin, not propaganda telling so called Nigerians that they are ok or that they are the happiest humans on earth because of a preponderance of "smart"  individuals.. Acknowledgement and discussion of our 'social problems' does not imply lack of "pride" etc Does it? Pls let it slide you're more than that wink grin

Please save the patronising words for those who care. Some of you should make up your mind as to what you want this thread to be about because all I see is folks shamelessly shifting the goalpost to suit their intentions of giving a dog a bad name to hang it. The Nigerians in this thread , speaking in a self-hating manner[b] from their American base and Local Tesco branch[/b], do not fall in the category of under-priviledged Nigerians you describe above to make your case for some not seeing anything good in their Nation or fellow men.

The Nigerians in this thread should actually be informed enough and exposed enough to be the ones correcting misconceptions as I am doing . They certainly should not be found pandering to base ignorance and peddling false nonsense carelessly against their Nation in cyberspace while some , like yourself, have automatic mitigation in place for them!!!! That is despicable and I don't see how folks like you do not get that.

Are any of the folks in this thread , In their comfy American and UK homes, remotely close to those you describe below? Abeg let us save the intellectual dishonesty. If anything , many posters here are simply too dissociated with the reality of Nigeria today to be of any[b] positive[/b] use to their Nation. They are blind, ignorant and totally lacking in objectivity. They have become part of the problem even if they cannot see it.

Let's assume for a moment that you are from Bayelsa state/ Ogoni and that you are about 30years old, , never seen fresh, clean, unpolluted water, decent schools that make Jakande schools @ Amuwo-Odofin look like heaven on earth, no  health dispensary let alone hospital, roads are but dreams etc yet the resources that keep the so called "nation" Nigeria afloat is under your feet; Will you still feel in good and [b]bad [/b]times keeping in mind that you have never known any so called "good" times but pain all
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by jmaine: 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gbawe dey vex oo! . .abeg make una bring me fire extinguisher  . .see fire  . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by cheikh: 12:55am On Jun 15, 2011
Gbawe
Please save the patronising words for those who care. Some of you should make up your mind as to what you want this thread to be about because all I see is folks shamelessly shifting the goalpost to suit their intentions of giving a dog a bad name to hang it. The Nigerians in this thread , speaking in a self-hating manner from their American base and Local Tesco branch, do not fall in the category of under-priviledged Nigerians you describe above to make your case for some not seeing anything good in their Nation or fellow men.
The Nigerians in this thread should actually be informed enough and exposed enough to be the ones correcting misconceptions as I am doing . They certainly should not be found pandering to base ignorance and peddling false nonsense carelessly against their Nation in cyberspace while some , like yourself, have automatic mitigation in place for them!!!! That is despicable and I don't see how folks like you do not get that.
Are any of the folks in this thread , In their comfy American and UK homes, remotely close to those you describe below? Abeg let us save the intellectual dishonesty. If anything , many posters here are simply too dissociated with the reality of Nigeria today to be of any positive use to their Nation. They are blind, ignorant and totally lacking in objectivity. They have become part of the problem even if they cannot see it.

@Gbawe ^^
I am sorry if you think that I'm patronising. That is not my intention wink.

The highlighted above is the crux of the problem. You are presuming that every "privileged" Nigerian is well informed enough about Nigeria as to be able to defend and protect her honour in cyberspace from their comfy abroad etc. I certainly do not think most Nigerians are well informed even the so called comfy Naija. smiley hence you are clearly offended by 'their' pervasive ignorance in your view. .
The imaginary example I used was to illustrate the palpable source of some of our collective angst. That some of the so called comfy Nigerians in North America or Europe may not share or have such an experience does not negate their legitimate feelings and empathy. Do you have to experience everything directly before you know the effects of such a thing? Let's be a little charitable to our fellow compatriots ignorant or not. It's not about winning an argument or making so called pseudo-intellectual grand standing statements on cyberspace. Please, I am out of here and I apologise once again. Bye.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Jun 15, 2011
emiye

Nigerians are intelligent though selfish , we are not as smart as we might claim.
Intelligence gives you short term results, but smartness gives favourable long term results.
Nigerians are not smart enough to vote right leaders yet !

Is it that we are unable to vote the smart leaders Is that really the case? I somehow doubt that because of our recent experience . . .
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jun 15, 2011
I always tell people to put to the side/corner their EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE before coming in to debate as it is next to impossible to have an objective discussion with all that.

If as a Nigerian you consider me LOUD and braggadocios, then that's smartness. You can not get that from other countries. I prefer being loudly smart but patriotic than being unpatriotically smart.
You are morally wrong to generalise the ills of a few Nigerians.
Long Live Nigeria! . . .

Crude behaviour is SMARTNESS?? ROFLMAO

You are morally wrong to generalise the ills of a few Nigerians.
Long Live Nigeria! . . .
You state that the ills are those of a few Nigerians. . . and I have to ask at this point if you are a Nigerian since I can't, for the life of me, begin to understand that statement. Are you referring to those outside of the countries borders or within?
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2011
i think this joker,gbawi,embodies everything about the not so smart nigerian.
bombast,bluster and a bullying disposition.
without offering a counter argument she hopes to intimidate us and stifle debate by unruly and obnoxious tirades. a petulant,juvenile approach  fully deserving of the contempt it has received thus far.
i had hoped there would be a coherent argument to counter my views but this nebbish has only offered a rabid verbigeration.
sad.
there is no doubt that there are a few smart nigerians .what we are debating is ;compared to other nations do we have more than our fair share?
we certainly have a good number of characters who would try to extract a nail from a piece of wood; like bawe.
i believe we should stop our boastfulness
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2011
without offering a counter argument she hopes to intimidate us and stifle debate by unruly and obnoxious tirades. a petulant,juvenile approach  fully deserving of the contempt it has received thus far.
i had hoped there would be a coherent argument to counter my views but this nebbish has only offered a rabid verbigeration.
sad.
there is no doubt that there are a few smart nigerians .what we are debating is ;compared to other nations do we have more than our fair share?
we certainly have a good number of characters who would try to extract a nail from a piece of wood; using their teeth,like bawe.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Pharoh: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2011
Interesting topic . . .
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 9:34am On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

sad.
we certainly have a good number of characters who would try to extract a nail from a piece of wood; using their teeth,like bawe.

You the one who is a perfect example of the not so smart Nigerians you are keen to hold up as the embodiment of Nigerian folks. You are also a shamelessly dishonest person to boot. You bandy so many obvious misconceptions about deliberately and myopically conceived in your own warped mind to malign your own nation , out of self-hatred, and you expect patriotic or even Normal Nigerians to go along with you? Simply comical.  You come here listing villains as if that is all Nigeria is capable of producing yet you fail to see the anger of normal Nigerians who only wish for you to be fair, objective and intellectually equitable towards your own nation.

Abeg , in future, save the amateur psycho-analysis because , aside that you stink at it,  your talk is incongruous nonsense aimed at distracting from how you are highly ignorant.

If you had even average intelligence you will note that it is not me who is not "offering a counter argument" . Why don't you "counter" the commonsense logic I use to discredit your self-hating examples of why you think Nigerians are not smart? Lebanese person running a Nigerian Airport Restaurant in this day and age  ? Ghanaian and Somalian products at Tesco  ? Pullleeeezzzze !!!!!!

You claim Nigerians are not smart yet you seem to want to be allowed to argue your brief with highly subjective and childishly flawed reasoning. You then intolerantly (not surprising given your self-hating character) expect normal Nigerians , who still understand what citizenship entails, not to challenge you. Incredible !!! Some of you ignorant folks simply should watch how others behave to note the disservice you do your Nation. You make me laugh with your ignorant deification of others when you don't know the reality of what obtains in their Nation that , in reality and for those who are exposed, makes Nigerians look very smart . Like I said before, you are a perfect example of an individual who is not so smart. That consideration, coupled with your self-hatred and ignorance, is a recipe for dishonest and unfair denigration of your own nation and people that we read here.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2011
jmaine:

Gbawe dey vex oo! . .abeg make una bring me fire extinguisher  . .see fire  . . . cheesy cheesy

My brother , as a proud Nigerian, I have no qualms taking no prisoners in these thread that litter cyberspace where ignorant and self-hating Nigerians congregate to expose the type of ignorance that shame our Nation. I won't say some Nigerians don't have a problem with unhelpful bragadoccio  but I won't tolerate wholesale dishonesty about who we are . If some of these cats stuck to honest debate I would have delivered them with Mike Tyson style knockout ages ago regarding why we are smart in comparison to those the OP and other self-hating Nigerians love to deify. Too many Nigerians running around loose in cyberspace who have been in the diaspora for 20 years , without returning, while basing their talk on partisan reportage .

My brother, I am actively involved in Nigeria and other African nations after 'paying my dues in the UK for 2 decades as a teenage arrival. I therefore laugh at the ignorance of lost folks like the OP. Some of us are working hard to reshape Africa . We don't need ignorant turncoats who view themselves with disdain because they have no exposure. If folks talks honestly and objectively I will be here all day willing to educate the ignorant like the OP.

The OP, for example, loves to praise Ghana as a nation showing us up. Why does he not take up my assignment of finding out how many Ghanaian businesses operates on Ghana's definitively premier high street?  I can tell you that many Nigerian businesses are there (restaurants , telecoms and banks et al) , as the only West African Nation [/b]saving intelligent [b]African analyst from concluding that Ghana is physically neo-colonised!!!! I can confirm that many Lebanese , Chinese, Italian businesses are also present. When there are hardly any Ghanaian businesses present on Oxford Street , Osu, while several Nigerian businesses are there, what supports the OP's silly argument and his obdurate attempt to deify Ghana while putting Nigeria down? He can put Nigeria down because a Lebanese person runs a Restaurant in a Nigerian airport but he sees nothing wrong with Foreigners virtually and completely running Ghana Wholesale !!! Is that not enough to annoy any averagely patriotic Nigerian?

When Nigerian banks entered Ghana and are winning majority of the yearly banking excellence awards , till date,  is that also confirmation of the actions of a people who are not smart? I.e operate outside your Nation , with acclimatisation issues, to be deemed best in so many categories indigenes of your host nations should excel at? I could go on all day. Those are the realities folks like us , present in Africa, see on the ground that disavows us of our previous ignorant thinking that would have made us adopt similar stance to the OP in the past. The same obtains in other African  Nations , even South Africa, with "not so smart" Nigerians being able to thrive better than the owners of the land !!!

Granted we  stink when it comes to administering our own Nation but this , as I said before, is because we all don't believe in Nigeria and not because we are "not smart" . Our sense of nationhood is lost. We all want to purport that others have a problem. Never us. We  then , like the OP, become part of the problem and go on to begin blinding ourselves to the realities that should show us that even a naturally smart people can appear not so smart if they excel worldwide yet lose their sense of patriotism in Nigeria under a system that has grown to make us all cynical and self-serving instead of Nationalistic.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2011
verbose garbage. keep it simple sonny.

your use of language is tedious. all those words you use have more appropriate and accessible synonyms you are only making yourself look ridiculous or as my friend okon would say

you are makin yes of yasef

incongruous? who are you trying to impress ? you are empty and have nothing memorable to say.
apart from commodities what do you produce in nigeria that anyone wants to buy. you buy chicken,turkey, tinned tomatoes and all kinds of rubbish and you claim to be smart .

mr i love  nigeria more than any one else- the only thing you have succeeded in doing with your latest flatulent contribution is to dispel all doubts about you witlessness and raise fresh questions about your sanity.

you are a small boy with a complex and a poorly schooled one at that.

your bluster and the motivation behind it are quite transparent.
if you like spend the whole day churning out a word-salad it will not help your cause.
you lack the equipment for serious thought and your  linguistic output is pitiable but on some level you fancy yourself as smart.
i dey laff
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2011
if you like publish a book on nairaland

there is nothing you said today that you have not said before.
any new ideas?

i know what i have said or not saidc clearly you are reframing my argument and you need me to make your day by engaging you in circular polemic.

the truth is your thinking is not clear and your grammar is poor.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 10:51am On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

verbose garbage. keep it simple sonny.

your use of language is tedious. all those words you use have more appropriate and accessible synonyms you are only making yourself look ridiculous or as my friend okon would say

you are makin yes of yasef

incongruous? who are you trying to impress ? you are empty and have nothing memorable to say.
apart from commodities what do you produce in nigeria that anyone wants to buy. you buy chicken,turkey, tinned tomatoes and all kinds of rubbish and you claim to be smart .

mr i love  nigeria more than any one else- the only thing you have succeeded in doing with your latest flatulent contribution is to dispel all doubts about you witlessness and raise fresh questions about your sanity.

you are a small boy with a complex and a poorly schooled one at that.

your bluster and the motivation behind it are quite transparent.
if you like spend the whole day churning out a word-salad it will not help your cause.
you lack the equipment for serious thought and your  linguistic output is pitiable but on some level you fancy yourself as smart.
i dey laff

You are simply an ignorant self-hater hiding behind issues of personal frustrations you blame Nigeria for. No manner of distractive writing or personal attack can hide that. Stay in your little Birmingham chatting rubbish with a put on brummy accent - since folks like you are the sort keen to adopt anything that moves you away from your Nigerianess as much as possible. Meanwhile , why not oblige me by taking up my challenge about Oxford Street , Osu in Accra? Why not show you can hold your own in using factual analysis , rather than personal attack, to defend your position in a debate? Is that not what sensible folks do instead of your bellicose rants ?

Since you conclude Nigerians should be maligned as not smart because a Lebanese person runs a restaurant at our Airport what do you say to the situation where the Lebanese, Chinese, Italians (and even the Nigerians you love to hate) dominate the Premier business Street in Accra that should be a testimony to the "smartness" of Ghanaians that you infer put us to shame? Is Allen Avenue in Lagos the same?  

Abeg go and sit down. Why not go to Edgbaston Tesco and buy some West Indian food stuff? Don't you know that nothing proves that Nigerians are not so smart more than the Jamaican Ackee and Saltfish found at Tesco?
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2011
you are making yes of yasef
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2011
i am nigerian and[b] i am smart [/b]so i could not say nigerians are not smart. you on the other hand are not very bright(not a crime)
my proposition wasn't that complex and if you are too dull to comprehend how is that my problem

it serves you well to say i said so so you can have an imaginary adversary.

i guess your imaginary friends have dumped you .

as i made clear to you on day one i really do not wish to "measure/compare P.enis with you" i thought you had obliged by returning to the dirty hole you emerged from.
you are not going to say anything new. so i suggest you fade. you will not be missed
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

you are making yes of yasef

I bet you mouthed that in a brummy accent , in front of the mirror, before you wrote it here . Why not talk about Oxford Street, Osu in Accra and how "not so smart" Nigerians are setting examples in Ghana that you love to praise as a Nation that , according to you, is showing us up? Do you know that Silverbird is now the top Premier Cinema in Ghana? Abeg , someone should remind me which "not so smart" Nation Silverbird comes from. I will continue to tease you , effortlessly, with real facts and examples that expose your self-hating ignorance . As an exposed and informed person,  I deal with reality, logic and what can be proven factually. I don't sit in some Town in England basing my views according to what is on sale in my local supermarket. We are smart. Not getting things right , regarding the administration of our nation, does not mean we are not smart. You should get that fundamental difference correct before you speak in future.

What Nigerians are doing outside Nigeria , even in the nations you love to praise, confirms that we are smart in comparison to others. That is without doubt . I always agree we have a long way to go and that is why I am her in the political section. Folks like you should , minimally, be willing to come to the internet and learn because it is a place that links those seeking knowledge and those who have knowledge. You should not come here peddling wholesale misconceptions and expecting others , especially proud Nigerians , to let you carry on unchallenged.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2011
emm, nothing new.

okon is ibibio actually.

you really are making yest of yasef.

i am not sure why my location irks you so much. sorry.

do you have any new ideas?

you are a boring guy
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2011
Gbawe:

I bet you mouthed that in a brummy accent , in front of the mirror, before you wrote it here . Why not talk about Oxford Street, Osu in Accra and how "not so smart" Nigerians are setting examples in Ghana that you love to praise as a Nation that , according to you, is showing us up? Do you know that Silverbird is now the top Premier Cinema in Ghana? Abeg , someone should remind me which "not so smart" Nation Silverbird comes from. I will continue to tease you , effortlessly, with real facts and examples that expose your self-hating ignorance . As an exposed and informed person,  I deal with reality, logic and what can be proven factually. I don't sit in some Town in England basing my views according to what is on sale in my local supermarket. We are smart. Not getting things right , regarding the administration of our nation, does not mean we are not smart. You should get that fundamental difference correct before you speak in future.

What Nigerians are doing outside Nigeria , even in the nations you love to praise, confirms that we are smart in comparison to others. That is without doubt . I always agree we have a long way to go and that is why I am her in the political section. Folks like you should , minimally, be willing to come to the internet and learn because it is a place that links those seeking knowledge and those who have knowledge. You should not come here peddling wholesale misconceptions and expecting others , especially proud Nigerians , to let you carry on unchallenged.

Does a Nigerian not own Gatwick Airport? Is this how you plan to make this thread an intellectualy stimulating one? I.e using highly subjective examples , IMO, aimed at denigrating Nigerians and Nigeria rather than using fair analogy that encourages stimulating and educative discussion? Must the Lebanese not run any business in Nigeria now ? What if the Lebanese proprietor won the concession legitimately? Do you know how 'connected' the Lebanese proprietor is?

is this not the same neanderthal who claimed a nigerian owns gatwick airport.

as we tried to explain then, if you understood the point we are making; you will grasp that that is tangential and irrelevant to the point being made which was about
1. boastfulness out of proportion to reality
2. a tendency to put down other africans
so it would not matter if warren buffett,bill gates and steve jobs were all nigerians.
you do not and cannot grasp this and that is why ape-like, you persist with this who owns silverbird and "FOOD IS READY" mularkey. it is unimportant. by the way a nigerian does not own gatwick airport .when confronted with clear  evidence to this effect you  did not have the decency to reverse yourself but resorted  to theatrical bluster.you are shameless nitwit .
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

is this not the same neanderthal who claimed a nigerian owns gatwick airport.

as we tried to explain then, if you understood the point we are making; you will grasp that that is tangential and irrelevant to the point being made which was about
1. boastfulness out of proportion to reality
2. a tendency to put down other africans
so it would not matter if warren buffett,bill gates and steve jobs were all nigerians.
you do not and cannot grasp this and that is why ape-like, you persist with this who owns silverbird and "FOOD IS READY" mularkey. it is unimportant. by the way a nigerian does not own gatwick airport .when confronted with clear  evidence to this effect you  did not have the decency to reverse yourself but resorted  to theatrical bluster.you are shameless nitwit .

Dude , with your 'olodo' and ignorantly uninformed mien, it really does not appear "smart" for you to go around calling others nitwits when they are a million times more knowledgeable than you. I am just having fun with you because you don't possess the type of knowledge and intellectual balance that can make you an informative poster. When I casually , without even trying, make a fool of you and your childishly ignorant views you now want to drag out the Gatwick thing ala drowning man clutching at straws. What a joker. Are you not the same person who wrote this on page 2:

please can we leave this gatwick distraction and  return to topic

In any case , and as much as you want to hold on to the Gatwick thing pedantically, perhaps because it is all your little brain feel it has as a weapon, I made it amply clear (on page 4) that I mentioned Gatwick conceptually , and not as a boastful testimony to Nigerian smartness, to counter your ignorant argument [/b]that A lebanese person running a Restaurant at a Nigerian Airport is a negative indictment against Nigerians (see below). Any objective Nigerian would never use your silly restaurant analogy because it is generally accepted that Nigerians are amongst the most innovative and adventurously enterpreneural folks in Africa!!!! If a Lebanese Person runs a restaurant in Nigeria , so what? Do they , and other foreigners, run everything else for us as is the case with some other African countries ? Are Nigerians themselves, [b]unlike other Africans, not found running successful businesses beyond their border ? Abeg talk better my 'olodo' friend  grin grin grin

Above, the Gatwick example was only made to show that it is acceptable in modern Countries for foreigners to own businesses, concessions and important companies. What would indicate a problem is when foreigners own most things worthwhile in a nation as is the ironic case with a West African nation aribisala0 is always keen , perhaps out of sheer ignorance of what is on the ground, to praise as an example of those nations showing that "Nigerians are not smart" . The ignorance of what obtains in other nation , that leads many Nigerians to demonize Nigeria, is truly shocking to me personally.  A lebanese person owning a restaurant at a Nigerian airport can only be considered a negative indictment against Nigeria by someone looking at issues without objectivity. Afterall , many foreigners own British football clubs and businesses . Al Fayed owned the most British of Businesses i.e Harrods. I guess it is either that the British are not smart or that , for any objective person, the Brits have just accepted the trends set to be the norm in the global village that sees borders shrinking.

By now returning to desperately try to make an issue of a non-issue you show clearly that you are an example of the Nigerians you deem not to be smart in comparison to others even if self-hatred wont allow you to see it. You only wish to belabor the point about the ownership of Gatwick, when you had admonished others from doing the same thing, because you are an empty barrel who , after being exposed soundly as ignorant, want to begin attacking the person instead of dealing with the issue under discussion. I think I have succeeded in showing that you possess all the negative qualities you wish to malign Nigerians for. This is why it is clear it is your ilk who are the problem of Nigeria even if you prefer to think yourself virtuous while viewing others as the embodiments of what is wrong with Nigeria .
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2011
guy you are returning to the same theme with these examples whether of gatwick or silverbird today. so shut up and stop being clever by half.
your last entry was toooo short and you really flatter yourself if you believe anyone reads all the rubbish you post.

you are makin [b]yest [/b]of yasef
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2011
try and write a longer entry
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2011
Gbawe:

Dude , with your 'olodo' and ignorantly uninformed mien, it really does not appear "smart" for you to go around calling others nitwits when they are a million times more knowledgeable than you. I am just having fun with you because you don't possess the type of knowledge and intellectual balance that can make you an informative poster. When I casually , without even trying, make a fool of you and your childishly ignorant views you now want to drag out the Gatwick thing ala drowning man clutching at straws. What a joker. Are you not the same person who wrote this on page 2:

what a construction! julius berger must be envious.
i advised you to keep it simple and stay in familiar territory. this bombast only exposes your unsightly rump further.

write in yoruba . that might be easier. your rather laboured offering is embarassing.

stop makin yest of yasef
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

what a construction! julius berger must be envious.
i advised you to keep it simple and stay in familiar territory. this bombast only exposes your unsightly rump further.

write in yoruba . that might be easier. your rather laboured offering is embarassing.

stop makin yest of yasef

you are simply making a fool of yourself with pathetic 'Olodo' perambulation that has now reduced you to sifting through what others write solely in search of errors rather than facing the matter under discussion. I guess that , along with personal attack, is all you are intellectually limited to offering . You are mildly amusing as a ball to 'kick around' in cyberspace but you really should run along and find some 12 year old kids , perhaps at your local Tesco , to engage in your self-hating rants. They just might be ignorant enough to concede to your childishly uninformed thinking that belongs in the gutter.

better still , why not entertain us by giving us more 'olodo' examples , from you empty and self-hating brain,  you think proves Nigerians are not smart when , in reality, you will only succeed to show that it is you who is not even minimally smart.
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
haba that was too sort naaa?

discussion? with whom.have you not noticed?

people are avoiding you so you don't bite them.

you are just foaming at the mouth engaged in a soliloquy.

you are not communicating with anyone .

stop making yest of yasef
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
rofl

Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by Gbawe: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2011
aribisala0:

haba that was too sort naaa?

discussion? with  whom.have you not noticed?

people are avoiding you so you don't bite them.

you are just foaming at the mouth engaged in a soliloquy.

you are not communicating with anyone .

Ol boy , how far? While well-adjusted folks will be checking out all the trendy Birmingham bars tonight we know an anorak like you will be heading to the Edgbaston Tesco for your weekend 'fix' . It won't be long before you are banned ,from all Birmingham Tescos, as a nuisance stalker always trying to forcefully engage folks in one-way debate that involves you passing off ignorant and repellent personal opinion as facts.

Shame Tesco don't do p.o.rn because I am sure your self-hatred will direct you to come here to tell us Nigerians are not smart because we don't supply Tesco with p.o.rnography material while other African nations represent robustly in the purveyance of material frustrated anoraks love. We know , to self-haters like you, Nigerians are damned if they do and damned if they don't .
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
boring.,.,,

hope your keyboard is ok that was too brief
we thought you were writing a book.

Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by aribisala0(m): 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

rofl
cheesy why are you laa-vin? something vunny?
Re: Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: by kabna(m): 2:18am On Jul 16, 2011
@poster, I would like to extend the premises of the debate to cover Black Africans, I think as a race either we are not smart or we are mentally lazy. For me the latter seems more plausible, we are presented with countless opportunities of being smart yet we fail to apply ourselves mentally, overtime we have become menatlly inept. The African has been very much intimidated from years back and believe me we as a people have not recovered. If we do, we can express our own unique thoughs which will define our intelligentia and smartness, until then i would say we have the potential for smartness. A smart person is confident but not arrogant, a smat person is very capable at thinking through situations and coming on top, whiles there are africans who are smart by my illustrations, I think we lack that in our political leadership, so things do not look good and gives us a not so smart image. I do not even subscribe to book knowledge as smartness, I do appreciate the discipline in acquiring book knowledge but that is one aspect of being intelligent and smart. ( I use the two together because whereas they might be differences between the two according to dictionary definations, the two are complimentary as you can hadly be smart without intelligence or vice versa). i know i have deviated from the topic abit but i think it has some bearing on the discussion. As for nigerians thinking they are smart when they are not, I think there might be some anecdoctal evidence of such nigerians which infact is not perculiar to nigerians only but other groups of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Travelling Mobb Deep / UN Security Council Elects Nigeria, 4 Others As Members / Buhari With Other AU Presidents At 26th Summit In Addis Ababa - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.