Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! (1738 Views)

As a university Graduate, I can't speak Good english. I'm depressed. / She Is Not A Graduate, I Don't Know If I Should Marry Her / Marry A Graduate, Stop Her From Taking A Paid Job Or Marry A Non Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Sometimes, you hear people stating lists of the prerequisite conditions they must consider in a person before marriage.

A graduate from covenant University and a masters degree holder will say " I cant marry anyone who doesn't have desame academic qualifications just as me"

Is this the right mentality guys?
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2021
There are still some very smart non-gratuates out there and some senseless graduates. Most graduates dont have sense, some non-graduates can reason properly and do better than most so called graduates.

Nothing is certain in life... just pray for someone you can find peace and understanding with... then be married. Graduate or not.

3 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Bola146(f): 7:02am On Nov 04, 2021
That is bitter true.

3 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by helinues: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2021
Those people are yet to experience real life..

When you are still depending on parents/siblings, one would think life is so easy until you start hustling and experience real life.

Some of those people eventually end up in the opposite of what they desire

In life generally, there are some factors above our controls. If it's by having an idea, na everybody for rich

7 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by ChiefSosa(m): 7:02am On Nov 04, 2021
We are sorry, sir! We will not do it again.

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by icebird25(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Simp always talking about marriage at any given opportunity...
Instead of you to look for other alternative to better your life ..no you are looking for a woman that has been the downfall of a man since the time of Adam ..
Majority of the married men here .are not happy in their marriage and they won't tell you this ..cos they want you the single guys to fall into the same trap ...
Focus on your life king and forget about marriage ...look for two to three baby mamas that will bear your children and leave marriage for the weak men

7 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by kinglee007(m): 7:07am On Nov 04, 2021
Till the end of time, Man will Always Propose and God will Always Dispose. If you try to go against this, you're bound to face consequences. Ask Jonah and his likes.
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by ojun50(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2021
Individual choice
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by ActuaRise696969: 7:14am On Nov 04, 2021
icebird25:
Instead of you to look for other alternative to better your life ..no you are looking for a woman that has been the downfall of a man since the time of Adam ..
Majority of the married men here .are not happy in their marriage and they won't tell you this ..cos they want you the single guys to fall into the same trap ...
Focus on your life king and forget about marriage ...look for two to three baby mamas that will bear your children and leave marriage for the weak men

Stop calling your Father weak

7 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by caesymore(m): 7:25am On Nov 04, 2021
Bola146:
That is bitter true.

Na so OH...

Ladies' are the ones without much say in that, for me as a Man and a graduate I can't marry someone who didn't graduate from the University with sense.
Its will be hard to understand each other.

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by OBALOLA55(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Bola146:
That is bitter true.
ARE YOU ONE OF EM
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Tokskob2008: 7:39am On Nov 04, 2021
You marry graduate or non graduate the partner that will frustrate you will frustrate you. by the way some non graduates are better behaved than most graduates.. For me as long as you have sense and you are honest, I'm ok with that.

3 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by OBALOLA55(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2021
helinues:
Those people are yet to experience real life..

When you are still depending on parents/siblings, one would think life is so easy until you start hustling and experience real life.

Some of those people eventually end up in the opposite of what they desire

In life generally, there are some factors above our controls. If it's by having an idea, na everybody for rich
MONO MONO
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Babatojide: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2021
icebird25:

T O X I C
I pray none of the baby mamas is my sister or cousin
And i pray TRUE LOVE GRABS YOU AND LOCK U UP 4L
I PRAY U WOULD SEE THE BEAUTY AND POSSIBILITIES IN LIVING TOGETHER FOREVER

5 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by icebird25(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Babatojide:

T O X I C
I pray none of the baby mamas is my sister or cousin
And i pray TRUE LOVE GRABS YOU AND LOCK U UP 4L
I PRAY U WOULD SEE THE BEAUTY AND POSSIBILITIES IN LIVING TOGETHER FOREVER
Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Homeboiy: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2021
Maybe some of those under 30 girls

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Lilsameey: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2021
ActuaRise696969:

Stop calling your Father weak
,..Why nah cry, this is too much gee.
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by takimsipho(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2021
As a man, getting married to a graduate or not a graduate speaks about the type of person that man is. If you like a sophisticated woman, someone who can challenge you mentally or someone you seek to dominate and is docile, that will influence your decision . As for me ooh, ever since I entered the university when I was 17 in 2009, it's girls on campus that I date oooh, and graduates. One of my ex has a masters already, and my current GF is a 300l student. Baba I will marry an educated woman, I like to talk to them and scratch their minds. I respect their individuality and freedom to make choices. Someone I can have intelligent debate with and learn something new. Who wan marry bush girl, to just chop food and born pikin. If my future wife is like Ngozi Iweala of WTO, I go happy die. Who wan cheat will cheat. But I can't let insecurities make choose a girl to marry who I don't respect

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Fasindo: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2021
shocked

My life my choice.

I am the personal to decide and choose what I want in life in as much as it's not against the law or affecting anybody negatively.

If I choose not to marry it's my choice.
If I choose to marry a graduate only, it's still my choice.
If I choose to marry a non graduate, it's still my choice.
So stop telling people how to live ma life and focuse on yours.

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by oluwaseyi0: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2021
Lilsameey:
,..Why nah cry, this is too much gee.
Not too much

That's the only thing that can give this senseless, frustrated souls any iota of sense, anything less they won't still get the message
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Blessing0305(f): 9:16am On Nov 04, 2021
OBALOLA55:
MONO MONO
pls wats d meaning of this mono mono
Someone calls me this and he's yoruba
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by OBALOLA55(m): 9:20am On Nov 04, 2021
Blessing0305:
pls wats d meaning of this mono mono
Someone calls me this and he's yoruba
MONO MEANS ONE JUST LIKE MONOTHEISM MONOGAMY
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Lilsameey: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

Not too much

That's the only thing that can give this senseless, frustrated souls any iota of sense, anything less they won't still get the message
,..Eiiiiii and this one again? grin
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by AfroKnight: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2021
I used to think I couldn’t marry a babe who didn’t have a degree until I met one fine well-spoken babe. Well, she only had an OND at the time. She loved doing business so she didn’t return for HND after her small business began to grow. Along the way she got pregnant for her boyfriend who later abandoned her and their son.

That babe sounds so well educated you wouldn’t suspect for a minute that she didn’t have a degree. She later returned to finish her HND after her parents and friends begged her. Stubborn girl. grin

I remember my NYSC camp days. Omo. Graduates dey. Some cannot express themselves logically yet they are graduates. I wonder how they wrote their final projects. Public tertiary education in Nigeria needs serious intervention.

I think it’s the secondary school education that really matters. If you had a great education in your secondary school, you’re set for life, cos you’d be able to teach yourself anything and your communication skills should be developed.

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by SmartPolician: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2021
icebird25:

Youthful exuberance still dey worry you.
You still get ladies' attention now because you still dey form fine boy. When you get to the twilight of your life, all the attention will be gone.

Then, you begin to understand the importance of companionship. Funnily enough, even your kids (from several women) will be too busy working hard to make a better life for themselves, so they will hardly have your time.

Men partly marry younger women to take care of them when they get old and have someone to keep them company too. Without a wife, loneliness will creep into your life when you are old.

God personally designed marriage for the right reasons. If people abuse it, it's entirely their fault; and that's not enough reason to discourage people from getting married.

2 Likes

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Acesexcell(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2021
Acesexcell:
God bless you for this respond sir
SmartPolician:

Youthful exuberance still dey worry you.
You still get ladies' attention now because you still dey form fine boy. When you get to the twilight of your life, all the attention will be gone.

Then, you begin to understand the importance of companionship. Funnily enough, even your kids (from several women) will be too busy working hard to make a better life for themselves, so they will hardly have your time.

Men partly marry younger women to take care of them when they get old and have someone to keep them company too. Without a wife, loneliness will creep into your life when you are old.

God personally designed marriage for the right reasons. If people abuse it, it's entirely their fault; and that's not enough reason to discourage people from getting married.
God bless you for this respond sir

1 Like

Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by CheedyJ(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
If 'people' say they can't marry non-graduates, shouldnt that be their choice or aren't people entitled to their opinions & choices? This shouldn't be up for debate in my opinion...
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by NarcissistKing(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
No, I can't be with a non-graduate. It's choice, not about experience or maturity.
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by NarcissistKing(m): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
CheedyJ:
If 'people' say they can't marry non-graduates, shouldnt that be their choice or aren't people entitled to their opinions & choices? This shouldn't be up for debate in my opinion...

Exactly!
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by NarcissistKing(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bola146:
That is bitter true.

Be consoling yourself . grin
Re: I Hear People Say " As A Graduate, I Cant Marry A Non-graduate" Stop It ! by Karleb(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
BadRadio:
There are still some very smart non-gratuates out there and some senseless graduates. Most graduates dont have sense, some non-graduates can reason properly and do better than most so called graduates.

Nothing is certain in life... just pray for someone you can find peace and understanding with... then be married. Graduate or not.

For saying most graduates don't have sense, you are a fool!

If you want to marry all the non graduates, it's your life. Let others make their own decisions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? / Ladies, If U Want Men To Value u and Respect U, What U Must Do. / A Ride To Remember

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.