Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? (1737 Views)

How Can I Cope With This Wicked Girl? / How Can I Cope With This Wicked Girl? / How Do I Get A Man That Understand Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Jeff121212: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hey Guys, so I got in a relationship for a little over 5 months now. She is industrious, hardworking and a wife material by every Nigerian standard.

But the thing is, I can't have a conversation with her. She doesn't understand sarcasm, word plays or any of those stuffs and all my life I've loved word plays and you know, intellectual conversations.

She's a medical student but this issue of not being able to hold a conversation with her is giving me lots of thoughts. When we are together, it's mostly silent because if I crack a joke, I'll have to explain it to the end and she might still not get it.

How do I handle this guys?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Zonefree(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
You want to have intellectual conversation with a Nigerian girl You think so high of Nigerian girls grin

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by lilvicky68(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
Marry her so that you can spend the rest of your life doing explanations

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Nonexisting1: 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
Brother, when they are not the talking type, they are likely to be the stabbing type. Be careful around her because she will be the type that twists your innocent jokes to suit her own narrative. Be careful around them knive stabbers. Don't be among the increasing statistics.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Medianna(f): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
As long as she's not uncomfortable with your jokes and sarcasm.
Wait a minute she's suppose to be the one complaining that 'my man is a clown' and not you.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Absuchat(m): 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
OP,
So you can't go on without "cracking jokes" for the one you claim you love?

Odiegwu
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by VeryWickedMan: 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Since she's the last available girl in the world I'll advise you to try your best to make things work even if it means losing your own life in the process.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Jeff121212: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2022
Medianna:
As long as she's not uncomfortable with your jokes and sarcasm.
Wait a minute she's suppose to be the one complaining that 'my man is a clown' and not you.

I didn't say I make jokes of her. No be everytime s*x, I like having conversations but I can't find a common ground to do so now
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ask your father, mother and elders at home. Have you done that?

Abi you say na marry you wan marry her
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by detectivejones: 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2022
Its still early to takeoff before you become like those brothers that dread going home and would rather hangout in bars than go back to a wife they cannot talk to. PS- Communication is an essential key in relationship.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Medianna(f): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jeff121212:

I didn't say I make jokes of her. No be everytime s*x, I like having conversations but I can't find a common ground to do so now
I understand!
Youre and extrovert and she's somehow a 'dumb' introvert.
Ma your cross carry am.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by ThatPetiteChic: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My husband is sometimes like this. The thing can pain me ehn...especially when I am cracking a funny joke and he doesn't get it. You can't change them. These days, I find it hilarious when he doesn't understand my sarcastic comment. I have stopped vexing and learnt to laugh it off.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Starz825(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Brother, when they are not the talking type, they are likely to be the stabbing type. Be careful around her because she will be the type that twists your innocent jokes to suit her own narrative. Be careful around them knive stabbers. Don't be among the increasing statistics.
grin...
People dey this country...

If you no dey nairaland..you dey miss

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by marlow1962(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
I can’t date a gal dat I can’t relate wit, dat relationship will look boring as hell.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jeff121212:
Hey Guys, so I got in a relationship for a little over 5 months now. She is industrious, hardworking and a wife material by every Nigerian standard.

But the thing is, I can't have a conversation with her. She doesn't understand sarcasm, word plays or any of those stuffs and all my life I've loved word plays and you know, intellectual conversations.

She's a medical student and we're looking at marriage (God willing) but this issue of not being able to hold a conversation with her is giving me lots of thoughts. When we are together, it's mostly silent because if I crack a joke, I'll have to explain it to the end and she might still not get it.

How do I handle this guys, I actually do love her

Sit down and talk things out, help her understand you and know what you want, see if you can open her up and of it ain't working baba leave ooo, find who you fit stay around and be yourself.

She's either not at your level mentally or an experience have left her inexpressive, whatever be the case find common grounds and if it's not working, think and talk a reasonable and peaceful walk. The challenge if you remain is that when you find a lady you vibe together, the chances of cheating is very HIGH.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Babydaddymateri(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nonexisting1:
This shiii you just said reminded me of a guy of mine why he run leave his relationship - he said as beautiful as she is, he fit count the number of times the babe dey talk per day... As funny as he is, she barely laffs to his joke - just smile then a straight face again grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by YoungLionken(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2022
You're talking about marrying a girl you don't understand yet??

Have you thought about the rising number of failed marriages these days??

My sincere advice is that, you start looking for something new, it won't last, trust me..

And when you try to force it, out of your uncontrollable love for her, things will likely definitely fall apart...
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by fastanddubious(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Anytime she no laugh just totori am grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Tenrack: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jeff121212:

I get where you're coming from. My own dey always pick offence. I just tire. Like she no get sense of humour or understands my joke . Our kinda girls are high class exposed girls bro
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Tenrack: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Medianna:

I understand!
Youre and extrovert and she's somehow a 'dumb' introvert.
Ma your cross carry am.
it's beyond being extroverted or introverted bro. She might be the BBN loving, zee world, loving type and OP isn't. My girl knows all the Nigerian comedians I only roll with American comedians
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Tenrack: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
ThatPetiteChic:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My husband is sometimes like this. The thing can pain me ehn...especially when I am cracking a funny joke and he doesn't get it. You can't change them. These days, I find it hilarious when he doesn't understand my sarcastic comment. I have stopped vexing and learnt to laugh it off.
you're wise.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Medianna(f): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Tenrack:
it's beyond being extroverted or introverted bro. She might be the BBN loving, zee world, loving type and OP isn't. My girl knows all the Nigerian comedians I only roll with American comedians
Hmmm relationship matter dey tire man pikin on a norm.
He should do what he thinks is best

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by JONSYN7154: 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2022
If she doesn't understand you then try to understand her and the equation will balance.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Divoc19(f): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Save stress.
Leave her.
Period.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by rickleye: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jeff121212:

She's a medical student and we're looking at marriage (God willing) but this issue of not being able to hold a conversation with her is giving me lots of thoughts. When we are together, it's mostly silent because if I crack a joke, I'll have to explain it to the end and she might still not get it.

How do I handle this guys, I actually do love her

This is tough… you have said she satisfies 95% of what you want . You have to choose what you value much. Would you choose someone who gets your sarcasm over someone who is not industrious, successful, faithful and a wife material. ?
You won’t get all that you want. Take her as she is or someone else will snatch her.
I understand it’s important to you but how would you rate word play against her other qualities.
My SO and myself don’t have the same music or movie taste . I like soft rock “ journey , U2, Ac Dc , she likes black people music. I like James Bond she doesn’t . She like Tyler perry movies , to me it dulls my brain. So I go watch movies by myself. If we do go together we buy separate popcorn bags because I am a germaphobic.
Word play should derail you from marrying her . That’s your cross to bear look at the bigger picture !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by rickleye: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
detectivejones:
Its still early to takeoff before you become like those brothers that dread going home and would rather hangout in bars than go back to a wife they cannot talk to. PS- Communication is an essential key in relationship.

Word play is a form of communication not the main form of communication. They are not going on a reality TV show . So it’s variance it is not enough to strike out all her other qualities.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Autobot05: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Since she's the last available girl in the world I'll advise you to try your best to make things work even if it means losing your own life in the process.

Comrade be calming down
cheesy

Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by 9japride(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Do you think you can change an adult? That's her nature and I doubt if she will be changing because of you. It's either you cope with her attitude or you leave her alone. There are a lot of red flags being displayed in relationship, but due to one's preference on a some attributes the person won't back down. It may get worse in marriage because there a millions of actions couple ls needs to undertake together and as such if one Marries the wrong partner it will be fight everyday.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Thazard(m): 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
fastanddubious:
Anytime she no laugh just totori am grin grin
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Nicepoker(m): 1:21am On Nov 04, 2022
5months into the relationship and she is already a wife material. grin just wait for like a year and you will discover what will blow your mind.
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:45am On Nov 04, 2022
Ogbeni, Call off the Relationship!
There is No kind of jokes you crack that will make her Laugh in the Future.. sad
I Don date this Kind babe b4.
Such People need Weird and Introverted pple like them as Partners!
You will be shocked@how they will Bond!
Re: How Do I Cope With A Girl That Doesn't Understand Me? by zed7: 6:19am On Nov 04, 2022
Stop cracking joke na, you be comedian? What are the other qualities you find interesting about her?

Apart from decoding your word play , is she a nice girl with good character? Try and start having simple conversations with her without necessarily trying to sound smart all the time.

People who know how to actually use sarcasm know when to use it and the right settings to use it. A lot of people always want to force themselves to sound intelligent not knowing that even if you hardly speak, your intelligence will always shine through if you're genuinely intelligent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Prefer A Baby~mama To A Legit Wife / When A Woman Become Your Early Grave / The Ten(10) Mistake Ladies Made With Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.