Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Advice Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed (203 Views)

Want To Quit My Job. Advice Needed Urgently / Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed / School And Work At The Same Time. How Feasible? Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by Ayobiggie59: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
I wrote a resignation letter and my boss asked me why I wanted to leave.

I told him my workload is too much for my strength and my salary not enough for my monthly expenses, due to the high increase in commodities everywhere.

I work as a private school teacher and I've been working with them for over 2 yrs now.

Taking js1 to js3 maths, Basic science...S1 Chm phy and math.

I was made d V.p of d school and this open door of administrative duties included in my roles.

Salary is 25k was increased by 3k after I was given d v.p post.

He had a meeting with me and asked me how much do I want to be receiving I told him I'll get back to him.

Guys, how much do u think I should tell him pls?
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
You want an increase, but you don't know how much increase?

It is no wonder why people are stuck in the rat race, cause they don't even know what they want.

When the opportunity comes to change their status, they chicken out.

How much are you worth? And this is something you have to think about?

What have you been thinking about since?

I've got no advice for you, cause I don't know how much you're worth.

If you don't know, how will I?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Ayobiggie59: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
HenryDion:
You want an increase, but you don't know how much increase?

It is no wonder why people are stuck in the rat race, cause they don't even know what they want.

When the opportunity comes to change their status, they chicken out.

How much are you worth? And this is something you have to think about?

What have you been thinking about since?

I've got no advice for you, cause I don't know how much you're worth.

If you don't know, how will I?

I decided to cut d story short.

The school has a well-established primary section but d secondary just started operating when I got there which means it was typically new, we started with 8 students jss1 and 2 but they have up to ss1 with 17 students now.

To d owners, I'm currently indispensable cos of my roles in d school. I'm asking for a salary increase and at d same time don't want to look like a desperate fellow that's y im asking for an opinion here. Guys just read my story and help with advice...Thanks.
Re: Advice Needed by Princeton92(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
You're not in any way greedy OR even selfish to ask for 90k, being that he pays 20k each subject teacher and into 6 subjects makes it 120k but you're now discounting 30k because your love for the school is strong

Ayobiggie59:
I wrote a resignation letter and my boss asked me why I wanted to leave.

I told him my workload is too much for my strength and my salary not enough for my monthly expenses, due to the high increase in commodities everywhere.

I work as a private school teacher and I've been working with them for over 2 yrs now.

Taking js1 to js3 maths, Basic science...S1 Chm phy and math.

I was made d V.p of d school and this open door of administrative duties included in my roles.

Salary is 25k was increased by 3k after I was given d v.p post.

He had a meeting with me and asked me how much do I want to be receiving I told him I'll get back to him.

Guys, how much do u think I should tell him pls?

Re: Advice Needed by ojun50(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
50k should be
Re: Advice Needed by Ayobiggie59: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
Princeton92:
You're not in any way greedy OR even selfish to ask for 90k, being that he pays 20k each subject teacher and into 6 subjects makes it 120k but you're now discounting 30k because your love for the school is strong

Ok. Tanx
Re: Advice Needed by Ayobiggie59: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
ojun50:
50k should be

Ok. Tanx

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do Pple Get A Job Update In Ibadan Pls / Man Utd Fifth And Chelsea Top In European Table Of Transfer Fees Spent This Cent / Nigerian Professor, IYALLA PETERSIDE Receives America’s Best Physicians Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.