Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,431 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? (22162 Views)

New Trend Alert!! Companies Now Taking Advantage Of Job Applicants!! / Ekiti State College Of Agriculture And Technology Job Applicants Let's Meet Here / FRSC Job Applicants To Write JAMB Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Oyerinde16(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Just pray to land I. The right place... Some will end up doing little or nothing yet earning heavy pay... While some will work like donkey feeding from hand to mouth, yet same qualification...
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by hardbody: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Like someone said up there, whether stated or not, when the office pressure comes and there are deliverables, you must work and deliver. Saying you have the ability or not is immaterial. You don't deliver, your ass get fired. As simple as it sounds.
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by tollyboy5(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
AnthCunny:
Why do job applicants tell their recruiters that they are able to work under pressure? Is it suppose to be a criterion as a job applicant or it's out of sheer desperation?
Lol I always say no.
God forbid , I refuse a remote job that was coming with pressure
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by airsaylongcome: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
I don't know which job will not put you under pressure.
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by saintnegroid(m): 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
AnthCunny:
Why do job applicants tell their recruiters that they are able to work under pressure? Is it suppose to be a criterion as a job applicant or it's out of sheer desperation?
even if you don't say it, you will still work under pressure except it's a government job
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by nov45875(m): 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
the ability to respond effectively to pressure and stress is therefore extremely important in any line of work. it is important that you are aware of how you act in such situations and what steps you can take to improve your effectiveness in such situations if necessary
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
I cannot work under pressure
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Newyorkitis(m): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
AnthCunny:

This is like: when we get to the bridge, we will cross it kind of statement.
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Adexbenjy1: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
LIKE for TRUE... SHARE for FALSE grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by donMIG(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Them just dei talk anytin make the work legit
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by tomzyELNINO: 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bros, to get any job in Nigeria, you have to put on your CV what the interviewers want to see and also say what the interviewer wants to hear. simple!!!
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by linearity: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
EbukaHades10:
I don't know about others but I try as much as possible not to say "I can work under pressure" during interviews. The highest I can say is "I can work with little or no supervision"

Your response doesn’t matter though, if nature of the work requires pressure, they will apply it on you regardless of what you said.

A better alternative is to response NO to the question, if asked and on average you wouldn’t get the job, because though there might not be pressure now, but all employers leave the window open for that possibility and want employees who are at least open to it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Shobizz(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Let me be ur data Plug
MTN 1GB ----- N300
090-6146-9376
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by SavageResponse(m): 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
Olachase:
That statement almost get me in trouble.. I got the job finish... Them won take pressure kill me, I swear I no wait collect salary grin grin grin

grin
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by dipson4u08(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2021
Maybe work pressure is being mistaken for work place victimization, work pressure Maybe working to deliver within a short time frame or goal to be achieved in duress due to clients requirement or other factors...

But work pressure is of different types and also it should nor be mistaken for victimization...

I can't employ an employee who can't absorb pressure who will fridget incase of emergency...

Take medical line for example... they learn to work under pressure in time of emergency but not to work under a victimizing boss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by DFERENCE: 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
PlsBanMe:
They are just trying to remind recruiter that since Nigeria has dealt with them wella, they are ready to face any pressure the miserable workplace they've applied to can offer.

And they are right. Most workplaces are miserable places of work but they can survive since Nigeria is largely a miserable country to live.

Nigeria has equipped are citizens to survive the harshest of conditions by treating citizens worse than neighbouring countries.
aaah the name nigeria alone can cause backpain, its past 10pm and yet na now i dey start work, tomorrow i go reach house my neighbour that does commercial granding won't my frustrating sleep, sleep in peace, i need to relocate jare, na to put work under pressure, depression, frustration and slavery but all we know is man much chop, i can't see myself marrying oooh imagine adding wife & children to this wahala

1 Like

Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Youngsenate1993(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
Is it advisable to lie about ur years of experience
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Guzx: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Do Job Applicants Tell Their Recruiters This? by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 09, 2021
saintnegroid:
even if you don't say it, you will still work under pressure except it's a government job
Army pressure no be here.You go dey 1 month duty wey you no go reach home.No be warzone O.Just to guard oga;s compound,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruitment Cool Tv And Wazobia Tv / SHELL Aptitude Tests 2012 / Immigration Provisional List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.