Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine (753 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2021
Good Glorious Sunday to y'all

My epistle is kinda lengthy, although I try briefing it to the best I could.

On Friday 5th Nov 2021 I took the covid-19 jab. Before now, I've always wanted to take this jab but I've not been feeling to well and strong to take the vaccine.
Let's take about the background story...

Around April ending I went home from school for my 4months siwes program. During my time at home I contracted the covid-19 virus (I didn't do a test though but had all the symptoms). I visited my Aunt around Okota. It happened that her husband went to a get together party of some friends who just came in from the USA, they had fun, although he followed all the covid-19 precautions but he still managed to bring the virus home.

Now how it all happened. He first started complaining of headaches, pains and next was sore throat. I did the covid-19 test at Ikeja and he was confirmed positive. We called this NPHCDA line like forever but no response. He came home, was treating it with both drugs and herbs. I got it first at home, and my aunt was next. We both had all his symptom and mine was worse. I was in the hospital for like 2weeks and even when I got home I was still having this headache.

Around June I went to my brothers place still in Lagos, he's a bank staff. He contracted same virus from work and I got it too. Treated it and was fine.

I resumed school August and made sure no handshakes, always on my mask and social distancing but that only lasted few weeks lol... I broke the covid-19 precautions.

Now the main reason I got vaccinated. So it happened that from around 8th September to 13th October I treated malaria and typhoid 5x with different hospitals.
*First week was my school health center (3 days injection and tablets)
*Second week was a clinic in my street
2weeks later after I wasn't feeling well I had to travel down to Lagos for proper treatment and it lasted 5days and I stayed 2weeks at home... Immediately I came back to school I was feeling sick again and I was treated at the school health center for 2days.

All this times I was having same symptom, dry throat, serious headache, fatigue and I cough a lot but no difficulty in breathing.

I could have taken the vaccine since but I was advised not to take it until I'm strong and well.
So on Friday I took the jab and the experience is not bad.

Lotta people advised I do no take this jab, called it devil stuff and all the bad talks but I told them, this same people made polio vaccine, measles, hepatitis and lots more vaccine... Y'all take them and even malaria tablets why now you advice me not to take the jab?

I had the jab and its safe.

THE SIDE EFFECTS
I already knew about this before I took the vaccine. I took the jab around past 8am on Friday and around past 11am I was having this serious headache and body pains like fever. The headache only lasted till around 5pm(I took paracetamol and slept).
All through Friday night till Saturday morning I was having fever and fatigue and that only lasted for the night as I was well in the morning.

Only side effect I'm having now is pains at the point I got vaccinated, although its not that severe like it was on Friday and Saturday but its still there. My lodge mates keeps making jest cos I got the jab. Some put bulb at the point where I got the vaccine saying it will light the bulb, some said if they find magnet they'll put it there and it will stay, I just laugh it off.

Covid-19 vaccine is safe and sound. I advice those who haven't had this jab to do so and if they feel like its devil's thing and do not want it, fine.

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by Timoleon(m): 7:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Den den den you are going to hell. You have collected the mark of the beast!
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by InfernoNig: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2021
Very Good. Took mine around May or so. My whole family. Almost same side effect, but we are all fine. If not forf the vaccination my mother would have been critically down a month after we had it. She contracted the virus but was ok within the week.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 7:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Timoleon:
Den den den you are going to hell. You have collected the mark of the beast!
Lol hell? Fine then! I like it there. It's warm. When will you be dropping by? grin I already got there and got kicked out by Satan saying "read the signs, Angels not allowed". cheesy
But say that again and I'll make sure you're on the next bus going there grin

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2021
InfernoNig:
Very Good. Took mine around May or so. My whole family. Almost same side effect, but we are all fine. If not forf the vaccination my mother would have been critically down a month after we had it. She contracted the virus but was ok within the week.
Its cool your whole family got vaccinated. Its a terrible experience contracting covid-19. I took the Moderna shot and next appointment is 2nd December
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by InfernoNig: 7:53am On Nov 07, 2021
MiamiePizza:

Its cool your whole family got vaccinated. Its a terrible experience contracting covid-19. I took the Moderna shot and next appointment is 2nd December

We have had both. Waiting for booster shots.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by Amotolongbo(f): 8:17am On Nov 07, 2021
I had the first jab on the 3rd of September and the second jab last week Friday (2 days ago).
I felt no side effect other than the pain at the point where I was jabbed on the two occasions.
I still feel the pain on my shoulder if I touch it anyway
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by matrixme(m): 9:09am On Nov 07, 2021
Pele. I heard that the survivors are not able to taste and smell for many months after recovery. Is that true?
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 9:32am On Nov 07, 2021
matrixme:
Pele. I heard that the survivors are not able to taste and smell for many months after recovery. Is that true?
It didn't happen like that for me. During the time I was having the virus, I only lost appetite and food didn't really taste nice if I eat them. I could still smell and even after treatments my sense of smell was still pretty active.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by Timoleon(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2021
MiamiePizza:

Lol hell? Fine then! I like it there. It's warm. When will you be dropping by? grin I already got there and got kicked out by Satan saying "read the signs, Angels not allowed". cheesy
But say that again and I'll make sure you're on the next bus going there grin
The gates of hell cant hold me down tongue
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by peggywebbs(f): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
@MiamiePizza, good for you. Not everyone was lucky. Anyway I'm sure it's your choice but I'm very sure you know its not the vaccine that protected you from the virus. Again, it doesn't work but I guess this days vaccine means different things for different people. I'm hoping they find a permanent cure. Besides how do you feel about taking shots every 6 months. I don't think I take anything other than malaria drugs every 2-3 years.

Besides, what if they invent another virus, will we keep sticking stuff in our arms? Like if I were you I'd be bothered that about that. When you don't have diabetes or some long term illness where you have to depend on drugs. Are you still going on masks? Cos I don't get if that's the new fashion even after vaccination.

Anyway, the controversy around this disease, its vaccine is why I'm not going anywhere near it. At least not for now and I don't think hell or mark of the beast is what we should be worried about. I think we should all be worried about pharmaceuticals finding a way to keep people on drugs to make profit. If its not a lasting cure, then its a no for me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
@Peggywebbs like I said before now, taking this jab is a choice and one shouldn't be forced to it. Its cool you worried about taking shots every 6months and if we'll keep sticking stuffs in our arm if another virus is invented... When another virus comes we'll worry about that but for now let's worry about Covid-19 and how to protect ourselves from Covid-19.

Do not forget these vaccines have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in history and millions of people around the world have received COVID-19 vaccines.

The country producing this vaccines used established and new safety monitoring systems to make sure that COVID-19 vaccines are safe.

To the best of my knowledge so far results from monitoring efforts are reassuring. No unexpected patterns of reactions or safety concerns have been identified during this vaccine safety monitoring.

And asking if I'm still going on mask even after vaccination my answer is YES and its not about a new fashion.
I'm doing this to reduce the risk of being infected with the other variant and possibly spreading it to others because vaccine alone won't stop community transmission, so I still keep my hand hygiene with social distancing.

If you saying the controversy around this disease, its vaccine is why you not going anywhere near it... Fine!! Like I said before now its a choice.

And about keeping people on drugs to make profit... Its good you worried about that too but you not paying for this jab. Its free. The WHO, your governments and different agencies are paying for this. Its left for us to take the vaccine. Its a terrible experience contracting covid-19 and saying I had it 3x I'm not gambling contemplating on taking the jab.

Some had it once and lost it, some survived it twice and still won't take the jab. Its all a choice.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by MiamiePizza(m): 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
I had the first jab on the 3rd of September and the second jab last week Friday (2 days ago).
I felt no side effect other than the pain at the point where I was jabbed on the two occasions.
I still feel the pain on my shoulder if I touch it anyway
I've been having this pain since Friday and I could barely use my left arm. Called my sister this afternoon and she adviced I use toothpaste to rub the part I was jabbed. I did that around past 3pm today, slept and when I woke up few minutes to 6pm the pain was drastically reduced like it was like magic lol.

Try applying toothpaste to the jabbed point. Its cold when you apply it.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience And Also My Experience Taking The Vaccine by peggywebbs(f): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
You see where you're wrong, first of all this vaccine has not gone through all the safety processes vaccines undergo. In fact this is the second time in history that a vaccine has boycotted due process, the first time didn't go well and it was recalled after a lot of damage had been done. The alarming rate of adverse reactions is enough to cause worry. As of today nobody knows the long term effects of this vaccine. That's enough to make people hesitant. If you go through the history of vaccines, you will understand why a lot of people are sceptical at first. Maybe in a few years time people will trust it but now I don't think so.

Again the vaccine is not free anyone who tells you that is lying to you. Besides we are going to be paying 6k per dose in Nigeria very soon for it. As per being free, using tax payers money to pay for the vaccine does not equal to free. It means money is taken somewhere and going into accounts.

You said you don't mind wearing facemasks till eternity, do you know the health implications of continuous facemask wearing? Do you know that for that few hours you have it on, the amount of carbon dioxide you are inhaling is enough to kill you? Anyway, its not a choice when the government insists that people won't be able to work or get access to basic things or even prevent their travel. That's not a choice.

You can't advocate for a treatment that has completely failed. If the vaccine can't protect you from Covid or prevent transmission, how do we really eradicate this pandemic? There is a lot of concern and I wish our African leaders and scientists can investigate this. This people can't keep tossing things to us and we just take it.

MiamiePizza:
@Peggywebbs like I said before now, taking this jab is a choice and one shouldn't be forced to it. Its cool you worried about taking shots every 6months and if we'll keep sticking stuffs in our arm if another virus is invented... When another virus comes we'll worry about that but for now let's worry about Covid-19 and how to protect ourselves from Covid-19.

Do not forget these vaccines have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in history and millions of people around the world have received COVID-19 vaccines.

The country producing this vaccines used established and new safety monitoring systems to make sure that COVID-19 vaccines are safe.

To the best of my knowledge so far results from monitoring efforts are reassuring. No unexpected patterns of reactions or safety concerns have been identified during this vaccine safety monitoring.

And asking if I'm still going on mask even after vaccination my answer is YES and its not about a new fashion.
I'm doing this to reduce the risk of being infected with the other variant and possibly spreading it to others because vaccine alone won't stop community transmission, so I still keep my hand hygiene with social distancing.

If you saying the controversy around this disease, its vaccine is why you not going anywhere near it... Fine!! Like I said before now its a choice.

And about keeping people on drugs to make profit... Its good you worried about that too but you not paying for this jab. Its free. The WHO, your governments and different agencies are paying for this. Its left for us to take the vaccine. Its a terrible experience contracting covid-19 and saying I had it 3x I'm not gambling contemplating on taking the jab.

Some had it once and lost it, some survived it twice and still won't take the jab. Its all a choice.

(1) (Reply)

World's Oldest In Philippines Is A Lie See This Pics From Igboist Facebook Pics / 4 Ways To Permanently Eliminate Wall Gecko From Coming Into Your House / How To Lose Weight In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.