Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Is There Freewill In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Freewill In Heaven? (1657 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / If There Is Freewill In Heaven Wouldn't Be Long Before Another Rebellion Starts. / Theist: Is Everything God's Will Or Is There Freewill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:
Just out of curiosity is there freewill in heaven?
All God's sons both in the spirit realms (angels) and on planet earth (humans) were given the freewill. Only one thing is abominable for all of us:
The right to set standards for right and wrong belongs to the Creator only {Genesis 2:17} any intelligent creature that is determined to set standards for others will be cast away and the consequences is destruction!
Adam and Eve chose to rebel against this order when they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, note what Satan said that revealed the intention of their hearts:

At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.” Genesis 3:4-5
Eve wanted herself and her husband to become the Gods (dictators) setting standards for all their progenies, in that way they will not talk about God since they don't want to obey Him but they will rule as Gods over all mankind in their own way!
Satan knew the consequences but since Adam and Eve were created with dust Satan knew that both of them will not last after their rebellion so Satan himself who knows how it all began will become god over Adam's descendants! 2Corinthians 4:4
So all those wanting the freewill that will include setting standards for their fellowman are spiritual children of Satan {John 8:44} the god of these system of things! 1John 5:19

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now your statement is cancelled by the Fact and Truth that, people do rebelled against their parents according to their thinkings. As Esau, Eli's children, Samuel's children, etc proved.

Therefore, your statement here does not stand.
In other words, you as a person by default is decided to be unruly, disobedient, and rebellious to your parent so I can understand your position.

Some of us have a healthy relationship with our parents that it is unthinkable and impossible for us to be rebellious, unruly or disobedient to them (even in their imperfections as parents). Therefore, if our relationship with an imperfect human parent is like this, how much more our Perfect Heavenly Father.

Honestly, I can understand the positions of sons of Belial. Their character here on earth is terrible and they will mess up paradise if they are allowed in.

I guess that is why not everyone on earth will be permitted to enter paradise.

Truly, I understand your position!
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

Have you ever thought of hurting your parents?
Why not?

Is it not because they are REAL to you as careing and loving to you (in spite of their inadequacies)?

Same here.
God will be TOO REAL to us. It wouldn't require FAITH to Love and Trust Him.

Do you think it is part of your plan to rebel against your parents in the future?

We are not Robots. Our new nature make us effortlessly swing in line with God because our faith is based on a FULL RELATIONSHIP with God
So In a nutshell we will become robots? New nature seems like a cover up for robots.
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Spirit don't have free will, only humans do...

It is common sense actually.
Angels are spirits. So if angels are spirits and Lucifer choose to leave God that means they have freewill. Lucifer and other Angels who left heaven are prove they have freewill. It's nonsense
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Actually it is a statement of fact..
Prove it
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

[s] All God's sons both in the spirit realms (angels) and on planet earth (humans) were given the freewill. Only one thing is abominable for all of us:
The right to set standards for right and wrong belongs to the Creator only {Genesis 2:17} any intelligent creature that is determined to set standards for others will be cast away and the consequences is destruction!
Adam and Eve chose to rebel against this order when they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, note what Satan said that revealed the intention of their hearts:

At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.” Genesis 3:4-5
Eve wanted herself and her husband to become the Gods (dictators) setting standards for all their progenies, in that way they will not talk about God since they don't want to obey Him but they will rule as Gods over all mankind in their own way!
Satan knew the consequences but since Adam and Eve were created with dust Satan knew that both of them will not last after their rebellion so Satan himself who knows how it all began will become god over Adam's descendants! 2Corinthians 4:4
So all those wanting the freewill that will include setting standards for their fellowman are spiritual children of Satan {John 8:44} the god of these system of things! 1John 5:19

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley [/s]
When we get to heaven,will there be freewill?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

So In a nutshell we will become robots? New nature seems like a cover up for robots.
At your age, do you obey your parents by your free will or by compulsion of koboko?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

When we get to heaven,will there be freewill?

Humans are never going to heaven!
Jesus promised his first set of disciples that he is going to prepare a place for them in heaven (not all humans) God never promised any human heaven, what God told all mankind is that earth will be our permanent residence {Psalms 115:16} God also promised that one government will rule over the earth {Daniel 2:44} the proposed site for the government house is Jerusalem {Isaiah 2:3} but after the Israelites has killed many of God's prophet and also contemplating killing the Christ, Jesus told them that Jerusalem can no more received such a blessing {Matthew 23:37-38} that's why his followers who knew all the promises of God regarding the government and Jerusalem became devastated then Jesus told them:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. John 14:1-3

So no human can go to heaven, the only few going there are fully obedient disciples of Jesus and they mustn't think about freewill just as Jesus who is taking them there, anything God says is what they must comply with whether they like it or not!

And going a little way forward, he fell facedown, praying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.” Luke 22:39

This verse shows why God so much love Jesus because he always put aside his own will for him to do the will of his father! John 8:29

May you have PEACE!/ smiley
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by 22jumpstreet: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

Angels are spirits. So if angels are spirits and Lucifer choose to leave God that means they have freewill. Lucifer and other Angels who left heaven are prove they have freewill. It's nonsense

Where did you get this from?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by 22jumpstreet: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

Prove it

Do spirits have body or brain ?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

At your age, do you obey your parents by your free will or by compulsion of koboko?
You are typing out of point.

1 Like

Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Humans are never going to heaven!
Jesus promised his first set of disciples that he is going to prepare a place for them in heaven (not all humans) God never promised any human heaven, what God told all mankind is that earth will be our permanent residence {Psalms 115:16} God also promised that one government will rule over the earth {Daniel 2:44} the proposed site for the government house is Jerusalem {Isaiah 2:3} but after the Israelites has killed many of God's prophet and also contemplating killing the Christ, Jesus told them that Jerusalem can no more received such a blessing {Matthew 23:37-38} that's why his followers who knew all the promises of God regarding the government and Jerusalem became devastated then Jesus told them:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. John 14:1-3

So no human can go to heaven, the only few going there are fully obedient disciples of Jesus and they mustn't think about freewill just as Jesus who is taking them there, anything God says is what they must comply with whether they like it or not!

And going a little way forward, he fell facedown, praying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.” Luke 22:39

This verse shows why God some much love Jesus because he always put aside his own will for him to do the will of his father! John 8:29

May you have PEACE!/ smiley
If you don't believe humans go to heaven, so why are you on this post and thread?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Where did you get this from?
Get what from?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Kholiwe(f): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Do spirits have body or brain ?
Prove your so called statement of fact and stop asking me irrelevant question.
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

You are typing out of point.
Since you feel that a well brought up child will disrespect his parents and beoing well behaved must be because of lack of freedom, then answer the question

Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by kingxsamz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

There must be freewill unless we become like robots. If there was no free will in heaven how would satan and the other Angels have rebelled according to the bible?

Can you commit sin in heaven?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by 22jumpstreet: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

Prove your so called statement of fact and stop asking me irrelevant question.

Spirit don't have brains ...

Only humans do...our brain is the seat of our choices..
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by 22jumpstreet: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

Get what from?

This bull shiit about god and lucifer you posted..
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kholiwe:

If you don't believe humans go to heaven, so why are you on this post and thread?

Because the book i believe (trust) talked about heaven and earth {Genesis 1:1} but never said anything about humans going to heaven rather it says heaven was designed for spirit life while earth was designed for humans {Psalms 115:16} as our permanent home! Psalms 37:29

It's you who supposed to have included in your post that you don't want to know the truth rather you want fables! 2Timothy 4:3-4 smiley

1 Like

Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

In other words, you as a person by default is decided to be unruly, disobedient, and rebellious to your parent so I can understand your position.

cheesy This was quite a personal attack, and I deemed it necessary that it be addressed.

I rebel against wickedness and evil, most especially as I grew and saw and learnt that God and Nature was against the bad and evil actions of my parents and older family authorities.

So, armed with this knowledge I rebelled against my family when they sought to do any evil or wicked thing.

And this Rebellion is approved by God as clearly expressed in
Exodus 23:2
"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;"

And Proverbs 1:10
"My son, if sinners entice thee, CONSENT THOU NOT"!

These and more are the guiding God Issued Laws which permitted my Rebellion.

And Glory be to God, they saw The Truth and bowed to The Supremacy of God's Laws!
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy This was quite a personal attack, and I deemed it necessary that it be addressed.

I rebel against wickedness and evil, most especially as I grew and saw and learnt that God and Nature was against the bad and evil actions of my parents and older family authorities.

So, armed with this knowledge I rebelled against my family when they sought to do any evil or wicked thing.

And this Rebellion is approved by God as clearly expressed in
Exodus 23:2
"Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil;"

And Proverbs 1:10
"My son, if sinners entice thee, CONSENT THOU NOT"!

These and more are the guiding God Issued Laws which permitted my Rebellion.

And Glory be to God, they saw The Truth and bowed to The Supremacy of God's Laws!

I grew up in a home of godly, loving and responsible parents. I cannot find a single reason based on my relationship with them over the years to rebel against them.

My relationship with God is even stronger as I cannot think of a reason where I will rebel against Him.
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

I grew up in a home of godly, loving and responsible parents. I cannot find a single reason based on my relationship with them over the years to rebel against them.

My relationship with God is even stronger as[b] I cannot think of a reason where I will rebel against Him[/b].

The Highlight: And I do encourage you that there is None at All FOR HE IS PERFECTLY GOOD WITHOUT AN ATOM OF WICKEDNESS. (Yes, I checked most especially when He said "Taste and See that The Lord is Good" grin I went beyond a taste, I ate well-well. grin so I completely know without any reasonable doubt remaining.)

Which is why I am Anti-Satanist and Anti-Atheist and I can't wait to make them see how and why the Bible calls them FOOLS!
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Highlight: And I do encourage you that there is None at All FOR HE IS PERFECTLY GOOD WITHOUT AN ATOM OF WICKEDNESS. (Yes, I checked most especially when He said "Taste and See that The Lord is Good" grin I went beyond a taste, I ate well-well. grin so I completely know without any reasonable doubt remaining.)

Which is why I am Anti-Satanist and Anti-Atheist and I can't wait to make them see how and why the Bible calls them FOOLS!
With respect to Freewill in Paradise. I believe strongly that we will retain our gift of freewill BUT our new relationship and knowledge of God will be so massive that we will naturally desire to be in line with God.

1Cor 2:9:
"But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him."

Who except for insanity will throw the above away?

For atheists, they have chose their god, for there must be something a man bows to. For some, it's self, for others it is scientific knowledge, for others it is directly satan himself. Everyone will reap what he has sown
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

With respect to Freewill in Paradise. [b]I believe strongly that we will retain our gift of freew[/b]ill BUT our new relationship and knowledge of God will be so massive that we will naturally desire to be in line with God.

The highlight! I Completely Agreed with this. God is Loves His creations to have liberty and so therefore, we do have it.

TenQ:

Who except for insanity will throw the above away?

Actually, I grouped them into
1) Thehe self induced insane.
2) Thehe Stupids and the " I don't cares" whether jointly and severally.
3) The Stupids who fell hooked to the beauty and deceitful profits of engaging in evil activities.
4) The ones who took God and His Love for granted (thinking it was a normal thing that would last all their lives) therefore they never really accepted Him, Only for God to Depart from them as He did to king Saul, David*, Solomon, Hezekiah, Samson etc.(a good portion of atheists fall into these category)
5)Those who were born evil
Psalms 58:3
"The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." (And this is where you find the Satanist and the remaining portion of the crowd of Atheists)
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The highlight! I Completely Agreed with this. God is Loves His creations to have liberty and so therefore, we do have it.

Actually, I grouped them into
1) Thehe self induced insane.
2) Thehe Stupids and the " I don't cares" whether jointly and severally.
3) The Stupids who fell hooked to the beauty and deceitful profits of engaging in evil activities.
4) The ones who took God and His Love for granted (thinking it was a normal thing that would last all their lives) therefore they never really accepted Him, Only for God to Depart from them as He did to king Saul, David*, Solomon, Hezekiah, Samson etc.(a good portion of atheists fall into these category)
5)Those who were born evil
Psalms 58:3
"The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies." (And this is where you find the Satanist and the remaining portion of the crowd of Atheists)

Just like a mad man does not understand what being normal is , so the spiritually dead especially atheists)
In their wisdom, they become extremely foolish!

Just like in the spirit of wokeness, modern man seem not to be able to differentiate between masculine and feminine gender.

Its like expecting Cockerels to lay eggs because they have been housed in battery Cages: so the wisdom of our scientists in this generation
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:42am On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

Just like a mad man does not understand what being normal is , so the spiritually dead especially atheists)
In their wisdom, they become extremely foolish!

Just like in the spirit of wokeness, modern man seem not to be able to differentiate between masculine and feminine gender.

Its like expecting Cockerels to lay eggs because they have been housed in battery Cages: so the wisdom of our scientists in this generation

grin so is the intelligence of the Foolish!

1 Like

Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by tatatar: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

Can you know better!!??
No!

Your Qur'an isn't detailed on anything spiritual.

You don't know that the scriptures before yours spoke about
1 God as a Spirit
2. angels of God and
Fallen angels
...and Principalities, Powers, Spiritual wicked spirits in high places
3. Cherubims, Seraphims and other heavenly beings
4. Unclean Spirits, Familiar Spirits, Demons
5. Even human beings have their spirit component

All you know is Jinns. No wonder you are confused.

What other kinds of spirits do you know apart from Jinns?

Summary: God as a spirit, the rest are Angels and Demons(also Angels). What other spirits do you know apart from Angels?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
tatatar:

Summary: God as a spirit, the rest are Angels and Demons(also Angels). What other spirits do you know apart from Angels?

1 God as a Spirit
2. angels of God and
Fallen angels
6. The 24 Elders etc
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by AntiChristian: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Can you know better!!??
No!

Your Qur'an isn't detailed on anything spiritual.

You don't know that the scriptures before yours spoke about
1 God as a Spirit
2. angels of God and
Fallen angels

All you know is Jinns. No wonder you are confused.

What other kinds of spirits do you know apart from Jinns?

God is on the highest level. No one is comparable to Him.

There three categories of these creations namely: Angels, Jinn and Humans.

Angels are 100% obedient to their creator and has no freewill.

Jinns are creations apart from humans and Angels that have freewill. They are hidden from humans and can accomplish extraordinary tasks. Satan and his followers are Jinns.

So if your God is a Spirit and angels of God, Fallen angels, Principalities, Powers, Spiritual wicked spirits in high places, Cherubims, Seraphims, other heavenly beings, Unclean Spirits, Familiar Spirits and Demons demon are all spirits

Does that mean they all have similar make-up?
Does that mean they can all see each other?

The Bible says sons of God came to Sleep with daughters of men, impregnated them and they gave birth to giants. Genesis 6:6

This is from the details of the Bible.

Sons of God has functioning male organ with sex cell. So definitely the Biblical God and other spirits too should have the same right?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
AntiChristian:

God is on the highest level. No one is comparable to Him.

There three categories of these creations namely: Angels, Jinn and Humans.

Angels are 100% obedient to their creator and has no freewill.

Jinns are creations apart from humans and Angels that have freewill. They are hidden from humans and can accomplish extraordinary tasks. Satan and his followers are Jinns.

So if your God is a Spirit and angels of God, Fallen angels, Principalities, Powers, Spiritual wicked spirits in high places, Cherubims, Seraphims, other heavenly beings, Unclean Spirits, Familiar Spirits and Demons demon are all spirits

Does that mean they all have similar make-up?
Does that mean they can all see each other?

The Bible says sons of God came to Sleep with daughters of men, impregnated them and they gave birth to giants. Genesis 6:6

This is from the details of the Bible.

Sons of God has functioning male organ with sex cell. So definitely the Biblical God and other spirits too should have the same right?
Exactly my point as you dont know better.

What is a spirit?
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by AntiChristian: 2:53am On Nov 10, 2021
TenQ:

Exactly my point as you dont know better.

What is a spirit?

Instead of you answering the questions you brought your own question.

Your definition of spirit is what you can't see!

But our definition is not so!

Angels and Jinns are created from different matter.

Just because we can't see them doesn't make them the same.
Re: Is There Freewill In Heaven? by TenQ: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

Instead of you answering the questions you brought your own question.

Your definition of spirit is what you can't see!

But our definition is not so!

Angels and Jinns are created from different matter.

Just because we can't see them doesn't make them the same.
What is a spirit?
The answer to this will expose your knowledge or ignorance of what a spirit is!

1. Does that mean they all have similar make-up?
A spirit is a non-material living being. In other words, they are made of of nothing that has to do with materials called spirit

2. Does that mean they can all see each other?
Just as in the physical people see each other, in the spirit, spirits see each other with their spirit eye as they have spirit body
In Islam, when a person dies, won't two angels visit him in his grave?
Would they not ask the dead person questions?
With which ear will the dead hear the angels? With which eyes will they see the two angels? With which mouth will the angels use speak to them?

Can you see the kind of mundane questions you ask?

3. The Bible says sons of God came to Sleep with daughters of men, impregnated them and they gave birth to giants. Genesis 6:6
This is from the details of the Bible. Sons of God has functioning male organ with sex cell. So definitely the Biblical God and other spirits too should have the same right?

Angels were also described as sons of God in the Bible.
Angels have the power (usually by permission) to condense into physical forms that can do anything humans can do. Examples abound apart from this in the bible

Heb13:1-2
1 Continue in brotherly love. 2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Didn't Jibreel appear to mohammed at least twice in his true form like man and in one of the cases like Ihyah ibn Khaleefah Al-Kalbi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Covid-19 Still Outsciencing Science, The "god" Of Atheists? / Holy Ghost Congress 2006: Heaven On Earth. Be There ! / Hardship In Following God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.