Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? (10862 Views)

The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray / Fasting Without Doing This Won't Work / How Did Jesus Cast Out Devils That Can't Go Out But By Fasting Without Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Brunosamel:
Some of you guys are ignorant of the true meaning of fasting. Fasting is not only practice for praying to the almighty but also for individual wellbeing, mental health and improvement of gut, eight loss and many other benefits I fast 18 hours everyday and i have never in any case include prayer in it. just make your research on the benefits of fasting there are more to it than fasting and praying
I wholeheartedly agree with you that the general kind of Fasting which involves the starving of the body of sustenance is beneficial to individual health. In fact, that indeed seems the only real benefit to such fasts. undecided

However, the kind of "fasting" recommended by God is indeed of a higher standard than man's idea there which has its roots in pagan traditions really. In Isaiah 58, God puts down His Law on fasting indicating it the way for any who believes in Him to cause the light within them - Jesus Christ according to John 1 vs 1 - 6 - to shine. Christians are commanded by Jesus Christ to let their light shine forth and Isaiah 58 is where God indicates the rituals/works necessary in order to bring that to pass. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Brunosamel(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I wholeheartedly agree with you that the general kind of Fasting which involves the starving of the body of sustenance is beneficial to individual health. In fact, that indeed seems the only real benefit to such fasts. undecided

However, the kind of "fasting" recommended by God is indeed of a higher standard than man's idea there which has its roots in pagan traditions really. In Isaiah 58, God puts down His Law on fasting indicating it the way for any who believes in Him to cause the light within them - Jesus Christ according to John 1 vs 1 - 6 - to shine. Christians are commanded by Jesus Christ to let their light shine forth and Isaiah 58 is where God indicates the rituals/works necessary in order to bring that to pass. undecided
Alright my friend
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Brunosamel(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Geovanni412:

Baba, many common folks have never heard of intermittent fasting. To follow normal exercise schedule to lose weight na world war for most people sef grin
Yes is true allot of them are not aware of it. It is now left for us to enlighten some of them
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Xantel(f): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Purpose of Fasting and praying is achieved when you follow the instructions in Isaiah 58
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
Xantel:
Purpose of Fasting and praying is achieved when you follow the instructions in Isaiah 58
The only way to let the light shine, just as Jeesus Christ commanded of His followers! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Xantel(f): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Purpose of fasting and praying is achieved when you follow the instructions in Isaiah 58
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
alizma:
Fasting in itself is a prayer. Prayer is communication with God which can come in different ways, including fasting. From the very moment you decide and commence fasting with the hope that God will provide, or solve an issue or in appreciation of what God has done or will do for you, I believe you have already started praying.
Note: this is however different from fasting for health issues.
But God Himself said your starvation-diet-kinda-fasting means absolutely nothing to Him- Isaiah 58. - so are you sure this hope you claim to have in God where your diets are concerned is well founded? Afterall , God does not lie! undecided

He said when you fast according to His own instructions, then your light will shine, something I am certain never happens to you no matter how many days you starve yourselves in prayer. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
poweredcom:
Fasting and prayers in d modern way d Christains have always displayed I don't like it

What am I fasting for ..again I wanna be touch wit my traditional belief cos that where I can get real time solution to my.problem

Xtainity don cast
It is not at all as decreed by God. God defined for us what our days of fasting should look like in Isaiah 58, and what He asks for looks nothing like what people do today in His name. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by alizma: 12:40am On Nov 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But God Himself said your starvation-diet-kinda-fasting means absolutely nothing to Him- Isaiah 58. - so are you sure this hope you claim to have in God where your diets are concerned is well founded? Afterall , God does not lie! undecided

He said when you fast according to His own instructions, then your light will shine, something I am certain never happens to you no matter how many days you starve yourselves in prayer. undecided
People like you are those who read Mathew 23:23 and conclude that Christ is against tithing.
Go back and read the Isiah 58 from the beginning to the end but before you do that, pray for divine understanding from above.
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 1:45am On Nov 08, 2021
alizma:

People like you are those who read Mathew 23:23 and conclude that Christ is against tithing.
Go back and read the Isiah 58 from the beginning to the end but before you do that, pray for divine understanding from above.
Again... But God Himself said your starvation-diet-kinda-fasting means absolutely nothing to Him- Isaiah 58. - so are you sure this hope you claim to have in God where your diets are concerned is well founded? Afterall , God does not lie! undecided

Open your eyes to the Truth of God as it is before you instead of looking for ways to make it conform with even the lies you have been filled with. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Nov 08, 2021
marsup:
Fasting without prayers, is an exercise without any spiritual connotation.
God no send you starvation diets to begin with hence the reason why your kind of Fasting amounts to nothing on its own. undecided

God's own kind of Fasting however - see Isaiah 58 details- no prayer necessary, is powerful enough to move God Himself to act, this in addition to causing the light of Jesus Christ to shine through you. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkiee: 6:13am On Nov 09, 2021
sabreal:
My the light of the Word of God continue to shine on our lives and our path. Amen

Jesuse said "this kind goeth not except by fasting and prayer"Mathew 17v21
What was this that Jesus Christ made this specific statement in regards to? undecided

As for the light, Jesus Christ commanded His followers to let the light - Jesus Christ is the light in men - to shine in there lives and do you know how that light is to be made to shine? undecided
Well, if you read Isaiah 58 you will not only learn the way Jesus Christ expects you Fast in His name but also that the Kind of Fasting He prescribed, the same kind God commands is the only kind that will allow the Light to shine. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On Nov 10, 2021
alizma:

I suggest you do exactly what you said I should there so you understand that God there tells you in clear speak what He would rather you do on those days you claim you are fasting undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by kumulus(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What is prayer? undecided

A walk with the Word in the Word
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
kumulus:
A walk with the Word in the Word
What walk? I don't get this explanation of yours at all. undecided
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by kumulus(m): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What walk? I don't get this explanation of yours at all. undecided

Prayer is a conversation you have with the best friend you can ever have, it may come in different form; questions, pleas, inquiry, exhortation, extolment.....

The phrase; "A walk" is used here to symbolize the nature of the act because it begins at a point and leads somewhere. It's like a relationship, the praying person and another 'persona' he/she is in communion with.
Re: Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
kumulus:
Prayer is a conversation you have with the best friend you can ever have, it may come in different form; questions, pleas, inquiry, exhortation, extolment.....

The phrase; "A walk" is used here to symbolize the nature of the act because it begins at a point and leads somewhere. It's like a relationship, the praying person and another 'persona' he/she is in communion with.
Ok undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Important Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit. / ⚫⚫ Trinity... Bible Proves That Jesus Is God / Bishop David Oyedepo: 2013 Prophetic Declarations -Your Double Portion Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.