Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! (56381 Views)

Giant Scorpion Found In My Wardrobe (Photos) / Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by PaNnamdi: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Doracity82:
I will go scorpion hunting tomorrow. I cant miss this money
Nor go die ooo grin grin

Herdsmen are in the bush ooo shocked
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Raydos: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Jabar2017:
Normal insect for my room here in abeokuta,last week alone I don kill like 4 to 5 of dis nd even have been stung by them alot of time...dis particular scorpion sting is just like been stung by bees not too much threat now...

Wow looks like there are lots of Scorpions in Abeokuta

I live there too!
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by rapheal5(m): 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
This exact scorpion is non venomous and they are mostly around rural area I got bitten twice and I only feel sharp pain for 2 days and nothing more.. scorpion the size of female lizard and the size of small wall gecko within 2 months interval...
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Are you going to eat that thing
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by KusherAbel: 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
farrmer:
Scorpions Were Around Long Before the First Dinosaurs. ...
They Are Not Insects. ...

They Dance Before Mating. ...

They Give Birth to Live Young. ...

Some Baby Scorpions Stay With Their Mom for 2 Years. ...
They Glow In UV Light. ...

Some Scorpions Can Go a Year Without Food.

This shows high level of intelligence
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by jidxin(m): 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wawelexy:
Deadly creature, but they don't attack without sensing any threat towards them.
not deadly only few of them are deadly but the ones found in Nigeria ain't deadly
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by seunmohmoh(f): 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos:
I did a whole Photoshoot for this tough guy!

Looks like there lots of Scorpions in Abeokuta!
Naso abk be. I still kill one baby scorpion last night. Welcome to the hood.
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by skyplustk(f): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Raydos:
I did a whole Photoshoot for this tough guy!

Looks like there lots of Scorpions in Abeokuta!
Abeokuta and scorpion � are like 5&6
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by cardoctor(m): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Damnnnnn
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Jaqenhghar: 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by yemkoguru(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
this isn't that so poisonous op
fear snakes the most
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by silibaba: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
cybriz82:

Nothing go happen to am...but he shud b becareful of those smaller one cus na those one venom strong pass .
lies

Lies.

The tiny ones has stung me many times(first sting on the field at umunya NySC camp, the rest was at my ppa, nwafor orizu college of education), just feel little pain for a while and am fine. They have little or no venom

If a pregnant scorpion sting you eh, OMG, you go cry pass town crier

But the day the big size sting me, I didnt know how I got to the hospital that treated me.

1 Like

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by bizhop01: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
When you see scorpion next time please don't kill just sell it for me
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by silibaba: 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
schoolboymatt:
thank God he didn't.

be on the lookout op, that thing looks dangerous.

I don't want to imagine a human being stung by that thing.
oooach

Nothing to happen

Is better than snake bite
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Op, it won't do you anything. Scorpion sting me severally.

See scorpion brothers here.

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by whiterat(m): 12:19am On Nov 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Should I increase the volume?

On a serious note... am ready to join resources to establish a scorpion farm in Nigeria if you are interested..... thankgodfarms@gmail.com
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by divineappo(m): 12:22am On Nov 08, 2021
Oh my GOD

Did I kill it? Am sure u did

But if u find this scorpion next time. DM me. I have buyer for it
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by AngelicBeing: 12:25am On Nov 08, 2021
Shellsploit:
If that sting you eh ..
I heard it makes an impotent man potent.
Hian, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com, like seriously, Scorpion bite if not properly treated on time leads to Sambisa forest of Shekau shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by bigcasava1(m): 12:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Raydos:
This morning while preparing for church, I almost got stung by this deadly Scorpion

We just moved to a new site and have been having problems with dangerous animals all months! sad sad

guy go check very well oo, whether village people don decide ur matter, this one wey na dangerous animals dey come visit, if shark or lion come this time na one bite oo!
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by wink2015(m): 2:54am On Nov 08, 2021
Raydos:
This morning while preparing for church, I almost got stung by this deadly Scorpion

We just moved to a new site and have been having problems with dangerous animals all months! sad sad

If you have the knowledge to extract its venom.

Dollars will hit your bank account.

But the good news is that you escape been bitten by the poisonous scorpion.

There are plenty of scorpion in kogi state and Edo state.

For example in Hilly community where there are rocks eg Auchi, Okene etc
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by iamclime(m): 3:23am On Nov 08, 2021
Hilly or rocky communities often do have scorpions The biggest scorpions I have ever encountered were in Kachia, Kaduna. Scorpions so big, black and shiny! Oh, those days!
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by jeff1607(m): 5:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Make I enter YouTube, Na scorpion farm we de start now
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Jazzman01: 5:27am On Nov 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:

That's a Buthidae scorpion; one of the most dangerous scorpions with strong venom!
You don't need the 'Minister of Scorpion Affairs' to tell you they are dangerous and you should avoid them.

The Bark scorpion usually found in Arizona still remains the deadliest. Thank God we don't have such species around here.
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On Nov 08, 2021
For my dish of fried scorpions, I generally add garlic, onions, ginger and a touch of Oshogbo weed, before supporting the meal with some fresh palmwine.
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by MightyHand(m): 7:32am On Nov 08, 2021
Knowledge is POWER they say, if Nigerians have enough knowledge about all this stuff, they wouldn't be hunting everything and anything for pot only...

This kind of information needs to get to all
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by snoopz: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2021
If this � touch you for early morning, your body go do worto worto o
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Jabar2017: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2021
Raydos:

Wow looks like there are lots of Scorpions in Abeokuta

I live there too!
he plenty for abeokuta here I swear..
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Jabar2017: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2021
Greatdand007:

Yes I see the smaller once in my room here in Abeokuta and I am scared of staying there so I don’t get stung
just buy sniper mix it with kerosene and cafra fumigate ur room, don't forget to close d window nd doors and all will b dead... thank me later...
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Ijaya123: 9:09am On Nov 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, true!
But, each venom droplet costs about $130, which is around #70,000 I believe. At least, person fit use the 70k take hold body lol

Who go buy am for here? Or where you wan sell am?
Re: See The Big Scorpion That Almost Stung Me! by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Should I increase the volume?

Which volume? Do you know of any buyer? Do you understand that the application is limited? Do you know that some species are not even qualified?

Next time when you see one, kill it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) / Jos Zoo: Escaped Chimpanzee Returned To Its Cage Safe, How It Happened / Man Invents Rocket-Like Vehicle At Oke-Ado, Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.