Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) (6699 Views)

World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
EmperorTolson:
@
CampussNews

[s][/s]So a PhD. holder is now a professor.
This your news is half baked.
Where did he say that those pics are 6 years apart?
So, a Bsc holder can become a professor in 6 years. I guess he won't have to do MSc and PhD before he becomes a professor[s][/s]
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
HE IS A GLORIFIED SLAVE IN ANODA MAN'S COUNTRY UNTILL HE CAN BRING BACK THAT WEALTH IN HIS HOME LAND. angry
NIGERIA IS NO SHIT HOLE,BUT D MANAGERS FR 1999 ARE D DIRTY ASSHOLES.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by NtiObaEneke(f): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Siggy watermarking people's photos since time immemorial
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by CampussNews: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
EmperorTolson:
@
CampussNews

So a PhD. holder is now a professor.
This your news is half baked.
Where did he say that those pics are 6 years apart?
So, a Bsc holder can become a professor in 6 years. I guess he won't have to do MSc and PhD before he becomes a professor

Try not to disbelieve every good news you see... Nigeria shouldn't shape your brain to think good things do not still come well deserved anymore... They still do!

1 Like

Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
Impressive!!!!

Thank God for his breakthrough!!!
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by EmperorTolson: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Naijasumii:

Smilesss... It's evident that you don't know how academics run over there. For your information, you can do PhD without MSc over there and become Prof immediately after your PhD. They are not time wasters like us, what matters to them is the quality of the research and what it is adding to knowledge. Once you can have a major research Breakthrough, you get your professorship
The bolded/italics got me laughing.

Well, I think a Professorial chair should be given to anyone with reqisite content in the subject area or field of competence irrespective of traditional degrees: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. It can be just anyone with valuable content who can deliver on the assignment

But then the typical university offers professorships only to those with a PhD or other practical doctorate. The obvious is clear, you cannot teach what you don't know, so it would be impossible to teach in a PhD program when you only hold a MA/MS or less.

Again its greatly depends on the particular University policy and requirements. However, becoming a Professor with a Master degree or less required substantial research background, outstanding scientific work and publications which is why I asked for a proof of where the man claimed he did those within the span of 6 years.

Take note of the bolded, enough of your over there.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by EmperorTolson: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
CampussNews:

Try not to disbelieve every good news you see... Nigeria shouldn't shape your brain to think good things do not still come well deserved anymore... They still do!
I never said that the news is fake.
What I said was that the news get k-leg and that you should help feed my inquisitiveness by showing me where professorship surface in that post.
Thanks
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by EmperorTolson: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=Lordbinsmar post=107407146][/quote]
You're an illiterate irrespective.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
EmperorTolson:

[s][/s]You're an illiterate irrespective.[s][/s]
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by EmperorTolson: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=Lordbinsmar post=107409169][/quote]
I just went through all your post,
And my guess is right regardless.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by AfonjaConehead: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kool
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=107409621][/quote]

Shatap u don start
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by gnykelly(m): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
This the real ndiigbo we know not some powder pusher.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Lordbinsmar: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
EmperorTolson:

[s][/s]I just went through all your post,
And my guess is right regardless.[s][/s]
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by walexsho(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Na teacher wey find Grace fit get money travel out in Nigeria of today. Abeg, how teacher fit gather ordinary visa fee on top 30k salary?
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Akporo1234: 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
embarassed cool
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Naijasumii: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
EmperorTolson:

The bolded/italics got me laughing.

Well, I think a Professorial chair should be given to anyone with reqisite content in the subject area or field of competence irrespective of traditional degrees: Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D. It can be just anyone with valuable content who can deliver on the assignment

But then the typical university offers professorships only to those with a PhD or other practical doctorate. The obvious is clear, you cannot teach what you don't know, so it would be impossible to teach in a PhD program when you only hold a MA/MS or less.

Again its greatly depends on the particular University policy and requirements. However, becoming a Professor with a Master degree or less required substantial research background, outstanding scientific work and publications which is why I asked for a proof of where the man claimed he did those within the span of 6 years.

Take note of the bolded, enough of your over there.

Your last paragraph affirms the bolded statement you laughed at, you only say it in another way. And even if there is no proof, it's enough that you agree that it is possible.
I rest my case.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
BlackXabbath:
Cursed nation...
filled with a lot cursed and useless set of people.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by kingreign(m): 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
CampussNews:
Update from

A Nigerian man identified as Dr. Onyedikachi Ekwerike has taken to twitter to reveal his before and after photos as a teacher in Nigeria and a Professor in the US.

The PhD holder who started teaching as a young man in Nigeria, is now a professor at the Terry College of Business, University of Georgia.

He is NOT yet a professor, he's a Doctor. Even on the slide display, he wrote 'Dr. Onyedikachi Ekwerike'.

Please, learn to clearly read and present your news/information just as should be with fact.

Thanks.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by femi4: 5:25am On Nov 08, 2021
BlackXabbath:
Cursed nation...
Dream killers

Imagine, just in 6yrs....see turnaround. Naija is jinxed
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by BornorBang: 6:28am On Nov 08, 2021
Nigeria my country
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Double0h7(f): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2021
CampussNews:
Update from

A Nigerian man identified as Dr. Onyedikachi Ekwerike has taken to twitter to reveal his before and after photos as a teacher in Nigeria and a Professor in the US.

The PhD holder who started teaching as a young man in Nigeria, is now a professor at the Terry College of Business, University of Georgia.

Kachi shared before and after photos of himself, with the first showing him in a class at an undisclosed school in Sapele, Delta state, Nigeria, while the second shows him in class at the University of Georgia, USA.

He revealed that the photos are six years apart and in the first frame he was just a bachelor’s degree holder.

He captioned the images;

How it started vs How it’s going.

Clarity of Purpose X Ogechukwu (God’s time).

#Thankful

https:///before-vs-now-nigerian-teacher-now-a-professor-in-the-u-s-photos/

Where does he reveal that the pictures are 6 years apart? You don't jump from BSc to PHD in six years and just because he teachs at a university doesn't make him a professor.

I don't know why you guys make up stories and spread misinformation. It's just someone's social media post and you're acting like you've reported the news. I get times are hard for you but this is ridiculous undecided
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by Double0h7(f): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2021
femi4:
Dream killers

Imagine, just in 6yrs....see turnaround. Naija is jinxed

Look at the pictures do you really think it's 6 years apart? You don't go from BSc to PHD and then secure a job in 6 years. Those pictures look about 10 to 12 years apart. Look how much older the guy is.
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by femi4: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Double0h7:

Look at the pictures do you really think it's 6 years apart? You don't go from BSc to PHD and then secure a job in 6 years. Those pictures look about 10 to 12 years apart. Look how much older the guy is.
Even at 12yrs, it's a remarkable achievement. Naija can't provide that
Re: Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) by BornorBang: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2021
So many doubting thomases on the thread. They've really suffered in Nigeria's hand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / PROCEDURES FOR THE 2017/2018 JAMB registration excersise. -Updated on 21/10/201 / Caritas University, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.