Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,212 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (9655 Views)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) / World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Hushpuppies(m): 5:45am On Oct 05, 2020
The World Teachers’ Day 2020 will be celebrated with a week-long series of virtual events.

Every year on 5 October since 1994, UNESCO celebrates the World Teachers’ Day (WTD) to commemorate the anniversary of the signing of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers and the 1997 Recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel. These normative standard-setting instruments set benchmarks regarding the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and working conditions.

This year the World Teachers Day will be celebrated virtually with the theme, “Teachers: Leading in crisis, re-imagining the future.”

The celebration will begin on 5 October 2020 with the official Opening Ceremony followed by the Award Ceremony of the 6th Edition of the UNESCO Hamdan Prize for the Effectiveness of Teachers. Events are planned throughout the week around the world.

The official closing ceremony takes place on 12 October with a joint World Teachers’ Day and Mobile Learning Week session. The event will focus on the innovative use of technology for teacher professional development and mentoring during the time of COVID-19.

In this year's world teachers day celebration, tell us how you relate with your primary and secondary school teachers since you left school?

4 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:47am On Oct 05, 2020
The most under paid set of workers in Nigeria

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yanabasee(m): 6:02am On Oct 05, 2020
Government should increase teachers salaries, they do the higher jobs to instill proper learning ability than lecturers.....

God bless all teachers out there.....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by chatinent: 6:06am On Oct 05, 2020
It's been years.
I can only remember lecturers.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Edudelight: 6:08am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy Teachers Day

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Na god go punish every single one of my secondary school teachers and my university lecturers too

Na from some of our teachers hand na him Sars learn brutality from

How person go flog pikin so Tay came go piece

Anyway we move

15 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Hushpuppies(m): 6:28am On Oct 05, 2020
My relationship with my teachers are very cordial. I just called my primary school teacher right now, latter in the day I will pay a visit to my principal.

Happy teachers day to all teachers all over the world.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2020
grin my Igbo teacher back then was very brutal, she didnt consider us that are Yoruba's! cheesy . before end of term everybody don port go Yoruba class as our female aluko cane no dey pain. grin
Home econs teacher wen I was in primary sch she'll always give me from the spoils of student practical, then my senior sis would tell me to run away from her.
With that kin enjoyment wey I dey receive ! Never!
Not until I entered jss1 back then embarassed this aunty wan finish me with cane wey my mama no fit flog me grin. Na that time I japa even report to my mum. But now we are very close. I love most of my teachers now but sincerely caning is not the best way to train a child.
Lemme had this! This country is so bad that my primary sch math teacher who still teach primary class today is still poor. embarassed
During covid-19 lockdown I saw my Igbo teacher selling at but stop with no shop just open place with table. Nigeria has no respect for teachers thats why they flog with frustration.
One of the best chemistry teacher in my hood those days. We use to call him baba oni baba, though in my time he wasn't that good as before and was always absent minded or sleeping in lab. I saw him begging for money and the person he was begging sent someone to give him #100 embarassed
I will advise us to always treat and remember our teachers always when we become stable, let's try to help their family and make the teaching job bearable for this people.

Take this to promise land
#ENDSARSBRUTALITY

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by KendrickAyomide: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Not talking to anyone currently.. but i still love them, my secondary and primary school teachers though. Real heroes. And if I see anyone I must give am Beta Money. When I don grow I came to realize how Little they earn, these people are not rich and yet the passion they had for teaching made me wonder where and how they'll get their reward. embarassed

As for the Lectures.. They are all stupid. Apart from Mr Okojie and Mr Onisuru of blessed memory . Real Good men. They died while wicked ones are still terrorizing the department..

24 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Dayoebe(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2020
We are still cool

Though not living in same area, Buh we do follow eachother on social media.

I can't even remember their names
I believe teachers are underrated

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
Not talking to anyone currently.. but i still love them, my secondary and primary schare all stupid. Apart from Mr Okojie and Mr Onisuru of blessed memory . Real Good men. They died while wicked ones are still terrorizing the department..

U just spoke my mind but mine is to university lecturers, these ones are very stupid!
They'll feel like God over student , have sex with student and the ignorant of them calling themselve prof are sadist portraying wickedness as decipline.
E no go better for all the deeperlife Lecturer wey I know. Imagine lecturer threatening me to shave all my beards and submit note for marking @ during my 300L tym

3 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Samsimple(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2020
Mr olarenwaju.. our maths teacher that year, the man was always walking around with cane. Flog you for no good reason. The man is now my neighbor, anytime I visit him.. i must give his 5 years old child a soft knock when he is not looking. grin grin

Meanwhile, check my signature

11 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by ignis: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2020
I can't even remember any of my secondary school teacher. This life just get as e be...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Baybii: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2020
The only thing I have done is sending one an email many years ago and she never replied. Never attempted again after that.

In other news, happy teachers day to me too!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tobechi74: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2020
There are few teachers who have touched us in numerous ways.

Dr O.N Oguoma while teaching us a course on factors affecting location of an industry asked one of us to list three factors he would consider before he would get married to a woman. He listed

(1) beauty( 2) Intelligence (3) character.

Then he asked him to allocate points to each factor in descending order of importance. His response was

(1)Character: 3 points (2) Intelligence: 2(3) beauty : 1

Then Prof asked two ladies of opposite features . He asked the guy to score each girls according to his perceived performance in each factor . His response was similar to this

Girl A : Intelligence :8 . Character: 7 . Beauty :5

Girl B Intelligence:5 character : 9. Beauty :3.

Next, each score was multiplied by the rating and the sum for each girl was taken. The girl with the highest score wins.

It has been over seven years since I attended this class but I still recall it like it was yesterday. Youth are so obsessed with relationship issues . He used our interest to teach us. One can apply the same method in making life decision. For instance, while applying for masters degree program, choosing between two jobs, choosing between various investment plans, residential areas etc .

As a teacher, I often use soccer to explain certain phenomenon to my students. It has been over seven years ago since I received this teaching. Prof must have retired by now. we may never cross paths in life but his teaching method remains forever in my heart.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/05/world-teachers-day-share-your-favorite-teacher-experience/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by RubiesBanking: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2020
Maybe Nigeria can follow the footsteps of Qatar how they celebrated WTD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tobechi74: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2020
I relate well
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tfash96(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2020
Like Private school teachers are not part of teachers.. They're not observing this free day

5 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by kalvoken(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Na god go punish every single one of my secondary school teachers and my university lecturers too

Anyway we move

He already did, by letting them waste their time trying to input sense in your head. What a wasted life you are

3 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by iamyemiakins(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2020
I don't relate with any teacher or lecturer outside the school walls

5 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by kalvoken(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Anyway we move

Otondo oponu

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by NaijaCover(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2020
School Na Scam
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by iamyemiakins(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
post=94622750:
School Na Scam

You're not a real niggarrr

2 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by uncleinans(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
Growing back then, we were meant to believe that teachers reward is in heaven.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tobechi74: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
One teacher I have lost contact with is Mr Malachi who transformed from an Olodo student that hate mathematics to one that love the subject. How? He hardly Flogs. If we fail to do the assignment, those who scored highest would be tasked to flog those who failed to attempt it at all. I always did my assignment as I saw it as an opportunity to flog some students that have used to Bully me.

Mr Malachi had a sence of humor.

CHILDREN are forced to go to school against their wish. whereas no one reminds them to play . What makes children dread the classroom while anticipating to go to the field. The answer lies in the emotion evoked. The child is happy playing and sad studying. When he is not sad, he is bored of sitting in class repeatedly, angry at receiving punnishnent for making noise.

The duty of the teacher is to impact knowledge in the classroom. Children love to play. Effective teachers can make the student learn while playing. One way to do this is to spice humor to teaching process.

Humor strengthen teacher student relationship.A teacher who laughs at his own mistake teaches student not to dread making mistake and learns not to be ashamed of been laughed at in class.Child learns that no one is above mistake.

Teacher can begin the class with a joke or amusing thought. whenever he sences boredom among student,he may take a commercial break ,divert to a non related issue such as riddle and jokes and come back to teaching.

Teacher should be cautious not to spend more time on humor at the expense of the actual topic as this could transform class into a chaos.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/08/27/using-humor-in-the-classroom-to-aid-learning/

7 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
Are lecturers included?
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2020
The story I am writing here can't be the best necessarily, but this is one of the best teacher student story i experienced in my school.

In our school,there was a trend to deliver speeches standard by standard and then in every class ,sequence was followed depending on the roll number of students.

The story goes back when i was in 5th standard and unfortunately it was my turn to deliver speech. In those days, speech, word itself was enough to give goosebumps to

average

students like me.Somehow, i managed to learn it and when my name was called ,the feeling was same , as if i gonna hanged to death.

And as expected, i stand infront of mike, crowd of 100 staring at me ,and there I was totally blank unable to speak a word.

Tears were eager to shed ,as i knew I screwed my day.

Our Physical Training teacher was standing beside me and he murmured "Say Thanks and Go.I do not understand why people come here if they cant speak, to

waste time of others."

This was the first negative comment on my education carrier till then. And i felt so bad that i decided no matter what i will be the good public speaker

at any cost just to

hear, i did not wasted listener's time.

I practised and yes, consistency was the key.

The next flaw in the path was ,whenever i used to deliver speech I used to look up and speak, instead of eye contact.

This time, my life skills teacher acted as an direction and she said,"Banky you know what ,People who look up and speak are the ones who build castles in air,

and I know you are not

that, Choice is yours. I was overwhelmed by the way she criticized me and I was all set to be the best orator in my school.

The day has come, when my teacher called me and said "Banky, your speeches are awesome,how you manage to deliver it ?"

My only answer was because of my teachers.There were days when i used to give speeches daily and people use to appreciate.

Had both of this teachers wouldn't have commented on my performance , I would have never learned this art.
Happy teachers day!!!

3 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by BoboNogoDie: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2020
God bless the good and hardworking teachers

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by adekhingz(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2020
I just like their pictures on Facebook and celebrate them on their birthdays. I respect them so much, but i have no personal relationship with any.

#Teachersday2020 https:///c0Cwugrhip

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by illicit(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy day to me and my colleagues

Teaching is my hobby

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASU Students Protest The Increment Of Fees From N25,000 To N250,000 / Any Info On Adekunle Ajasin University Admission List / What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.