Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues (32271 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Girlfriend Doesn't Call Me / How I Got To Know I Was Still Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Calitoscassius(m): 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Join the club! aren't we all? your girlfriend probarbly has mental illness too without you knowing. cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by PeacenLove2: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
For those asking for the diagnosis, according to my doctors, It's bipolar affective disorder caused by substance abuse. I get hyperactive during episodes and over religious but I'm not violent. For some years now I haven't had any episodes and the medication I take keeps reducing as time goes by and hopefully I'll be weaned of real soon and I show no signs at all except I tell anyone you wouldn't know at all cos I'm productive in my daily affairs. I'm 29 years.

Tell her the truth before you guys starts talking serious relationship. She needs to know what she is getting herself into and you both need to know if she can handle it. She will be the closest to you and needs to understand and identify your triggers/signs.

I pray this becomes history in your life. You have to open up to her. It's the delivery method that should be handled well and you seem quite eloquent enough.

And yes, expect the worst and hope for the best. Brace yourself if she chooses to walk away. Respect her choice and move on. This is something you want to disclose before you commit yourself and start catching feelings. God will never desert you, man. All the best.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by monerozi5590: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Psychotic drugs are worse than Heroine, Cocaine, and the rest. Please stop the medication. You would have been better without the drug. You don,t have any bipolar. Kanye West didn't take any shit. He did alternate medication.The Psychiatrist made you believe that Weed was responsible. Psychiatrists are liers and criminal. Weed is way better than that medication you are taking. Please stop taking the medication.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Ahasco(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
You better tell her now, or you end up divorcing each other after marriage
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Jeremani: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
Famzed:

Ah ah this is too harsh nah
I don tell am sorry, make e no vex
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by LordVarys1: 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
millionboi:
lol
Mental health could be loss of memory,the person starts acting funny and so on
yes o
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by SilasIBB: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to

handle this delicate issue. Thanks

Come to Dunamis
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dreytonisback(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2021
Mary Jane don't mess with your brain
It helps you relax and think rightly
Stop criticizing in disguise , weed is life

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 9:58am On Nov 09, 2021
Mercychen:

O great! Thank God.

Now, in this order you've explained and been able to convince me, ( as regards the weaning stages) about your improvement so far after the gradual withdrawal from the medication, that everything is now under control, can you explain it to her exactly this way, instead of presenting it straight up to her as a mental case? At least this way it will sound milder and easier to accept.

Let her know you're in the final stage of weaning and assure her there won't be any relapses again.

God will perfect your healing in Jesus name.

Amen. Thanks for the advice.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Victerica(m): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2021
Only the truth, will set you free..

It is not subjective.
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Bigpapi: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2021
Dude397:
Good evening everyone. To cut the long story short my mental health issues started in 2012 when I tried weed in the university. It's not genetic. I've also been in and out of psychiatric hospitals a good number of times. However I'm currently on medication and I've been able to manage the condition. I was also able to graduate and I've also done my nysc and my family is planning on opening a small business for me since job has not been forthcoming.

However my health condition has been kept secret by me and family and I'm currently dating a nice girl. Please should I tell her my secret. What caused most of my episodes was refusal to take my medication and all that but right now I'm very okay and for some few years now I've been going about my daily affairs without any issue. If I let the cat out of the bag I don't think she may stay cos the stigma of mental health issues is not a joke. Please I need your advice on how to handle this delicate issue. Thanks

Hope you never enter market or chop for dustbin?
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by Dude397(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bigpapi:

Hope you never enter market or chop for dustbin?
Nothing like that sir
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by sylve11: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Shut up if you can’t read

This nairaland has it own way of pushing someone into depression

The rate of useless people in this site is alarming
One worst site to seek for solutions when depressed

grin cool
Re: My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues by sylve11: 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
Oblongata:
You have to tell her! She will most likely leave you but tell her. You don't even need a relationship for now, no be she force you go take drug, why you wan use your own kobalize another person?

Roughed up truth grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Biggest Mistake A Lady Can Make In Life Is To Marry A Poor Man- Nigeria Lady / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) / What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.