Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,487 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. (38196 Views)

I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by jackyraw09: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2021
festacman:
There is more this story than the uncle being a rich man. It is either the wife is from a wealthy home or she earned big and worked JOINTLY with her husband to put together those buildings.

Otherwise, why should the man seek permission to manage his OWN investment portfolio by deciding what to sell and what to do with the proceeds?

Every man who worked hard, saved up and invested wisely will be RESPECTED by wife to make further decisions on the family properties. Yes that's it.

Pray not to jam entitled relatives bro. Pray

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2021
It always makes me wonder how A woman can have so much power over a man on his own house . It must be Madness How will you be a man and you allow your wife to Influence your decision. As far as you are the man in the marriage she better follow your lead or Bounce .

This should be a lesson to young men stop tolerating Rubbish from your girlfriends and other women if not one day it will bloom into full disrespect.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by gregyboy(m): 10:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Yesterday being Sunday, so I went to a match viewing center to watch the football game between tottenham hotspur and Everton... After the first half came to an end, an argument arose between an old man and a young man..The argument was all about the merits and ills of polygamy.. The old man's opined that a man who's married to many wives will have lesser marital Problems than a man who's married to one wife..

While the young man was of a counter opinion, insisting on the fact that a man who has only one wife will always have his peace of mind intact cheesy

Well, I was just sitting aloof, sipping my black fearless small small cheesy. ...But then I thought about a similar scenario happening to my uncle who has only one wife... Their marriage has been blessed with five sons,and of course my uncle is a very well-to-do man...And out of their five sons,three of them studied abroad...

So after my uncle's retirement from the oil company he was working,he sat his wife down and had a discourse with her that he'd love to sell his port harcourt duplex so that he can use the money to build a house in his village here in Delta state...But his wife refused, insisting that everything that my uncle has worked hard to achieve belongs to her son's,that my uncle Shouldn't even dare think of selling anything....That has resulted to a serious pandemonium in their home..And of which my uncle has threatened to divorce her..But his wife has kept on threatening my uncle that she'd wreck my uncle if he should dare divorce her grin.

The wahala has even deteriorated from bad to worse to the extent that their sons has taken sides with their mom..... One time self,they all ganged up and beat their father undecided.

My uncle has filed papers to a customary court,to divorce the marriage, because all the previous efforts he had made to take his bride price from his in-laws have proved abortive as they have been dribbling my uncle undecided. He has vowed to sell everything,his shopping mall,his hostels,his other two storey buildings.....I even heard him complaining to my popsman that his wife has started to sell his cars and other things he left in his house..... Imagine someone who has different storey buildings now has to be a tenant in a two-bedroom apartment..

At this moment,my uncle has been plunged into a state of so much regrets,that if he had heeded to the advice of his kinsmen back then when they were advising him to marry a second wife,this wouldn't be happening to him angry.

cool

Guy your story doesn't add up,

Because of one building to be replaced in the village na e cause quarrel for family

Haba it sounds funny to be true
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Yinkame123(m): 10:50am On Nov 08, 2021
madridguy:
This is a very sensitive issue that requires a very diplomatic approach.

First, your uncle cannot win this battle. Don't underrate a woman and he must not take her threat as a mere one.

The mistake your uncle did was not to study his wife very well when they're still young. I used to tell people, once your wife start exhibiting some characters, the best thing for the man is to start a new family somewhere.

Children are defence for their mother against any enemies, be their father or anyone. So the best time for you to arrange yourself very well is when the woman soldiers " children " are still young. Immediately they matured every woman turn to Aso rock.

I have seen many women planning on how to deal with their husband when old age set for him. By that time the children will be independent so they will just abandon the man and move to any of their son or daughter.

Wisdom will never depart you my brother. Knowing what to do and doing it at the right time is the solution to survival of a man.Read the game and do proper substitution to assist you in winning the game.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Chicky34: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2021
That's why it ain't good to disclose everything you are doing or wanna do to your wife until after it has been done most times...
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by takimsipho(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2021
O boy na it be say instead of romantic proposal na strict warning I go do. You're a single guy and all you think is when will I settled down, blessed with a family. Then na that same family wan stress you. Chai. Someone told me that marriage is like a boxing ring, some people want to get in, others want to get out.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by MPESA(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2021
marsup:
Why can't your uncle sell other properties to build a house in the Village? After selling his properties and other belongings, they relocate to the village, if anything happens to him, his family members will chase her out and leave her stranded. Well, she has the right to fight for her sons and her own future, especially if she helped build the wealth.

Just my limited opinion.

This is nonsense, firstly I don't support him selling a choice property to build in the village... Secondly which of the useless future is she fighting? , three of his five children studied abroad probably living there and the said man has other properties probably Worth more than the duplex , She's be selfish here who knows if the so called children are the man biological.

P.s
A round table talk would have better at least they will make other suggestions if they don't all agreed to sell the duplex instead the woman start dey threatening him.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2021
I don't have much to say about this than ask you people to do a little research around you.

Check those that have many wife's around you and those that have only one wife and they're all above 50yrs and see who get problem more.

Then, come back to like for more wife's or share for one wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by MPESA(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2021
gregyboy:

Guy your story doesn't add up,

Because of one building to be replaced in the village na e cause quarrel for family

Haba it sounds funny to be true

Such dey happen, the man ego might be bruised, who knows how the woman talk that will prompt the man to vow to sell it. Again make satan no Enter family na from clap dey go enter market.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by dapsoneh: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2021
On a general note, marrying one woman is way better than being a polygamist. Your uncle's case is just pathetic because he married a bad woman

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 10:59am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Yesterday being Sunday, so I went to a match viewing center to watch the football game between tottenham hotspur and Everton... After the first half came to an end, an argument arose between an old man and a young man..The argument was all about the merits and ills of polygamy.. The old man's opined that a man who's married to many wives will have lesser marital Problems than a man who's married to one wife..

While the young man was of a counter opinion, insisting on the fact that a man who has only one wife will always have his peace of mind intact cheesy

Well, I was just sitting aloof, sipping my black fearless small small cheesy. ...But then I thought about a similar scenario happening to my uncle who has only one wife... Their marriage has been blessed with five sons,and of course my uncle is a very well-to-do man...And out of their five sons,three of them studied abroad...

So after my uncle's retirement from the oil company he was working,he sat his wife down and had a discourse with her that he'd love to sell his port harcourt duplex so that he can use the money to build a house in his village here in Delta state...But his wife refused, insisting that everything that my uncle has worked hard to achieve belongs to her son's,that my uncle Shouldn't even dare think of selling anything....That has resulted to a serious pandemonium in their home..And of which my uncle has threatened to divorce her..But his wife has kept on threatening my uncle that she'd wreck my uncle if he should dare divorce her grin.

The wahala has even deteriorated from bad to worse to the extent that their sons has taken sides with their mom..... One time self,they all ganged up and beat their father undecided.

My uncle has filed papers to a customary court,to divorce the marriage, because all the previous efforts he had made to take his bride price from his in-laws have proved abortive as they have been dribbling my uncle undecided. He has vowed to sell everything,his shopping mall,his hostels,his other two storey buildings.....I even heard him complaining to my popsman that his wife has started to sell his cars and other things he left in his house..... Imagine someone who has different storey buildings now has to be a tenant in a two-bedroom apartment..

At this moment,my uncle has been plunged into a state of so much regrets,that if he had heeded to the advice of his kinsmen back then when they were advising him to marry a second wife,this wouldn't be happening to him angry.

cool
these are the mistake of your uncle',
1st ,he didn't make a will ,the moment a man build his first house,go get a lawyer and write a will ,seal and stamped ,with a video tape
2nd marrying a second wife was not you uncle's problem ,the kids and mum have been a tyrant to his order at home

3rdly,your uncle marry wife way pass am ,your uncle raised a children that had sdies with their mum from birth and your uncle underestimated them ,

men ,guys have a lot to learn from how a man is ,when I watch a grown as man dancing on TikTok ,I call them baby's in a male body
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by MPESA(m): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2021
marsup:
Why can't your uncle sell other properties to build a house in the Village? After selling his properties and other belongings, they relocate to the village, if anything happens to him, his family members will chase her out and leave her stranded. Well, she has the righti to fight for her sons and her own future, especially if she helped build the wealth.

Just my limited opinion.

The best bet is to sell the duplex, how can you keep duplex and sell their rental properties such as shopping complex, hostel etc .... It doesn't make any sense at all ....
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2021
dapsoneh:
On a general note, marrying one woman is way better than being a polygamist. Your uncle's case is just pathetic because he married a bad woman
exactly,when I hear guys say make money before you marry I laugh, because many men are definitely going to marry a wild dog ,what happens to a male house cat who marries a wild female cat.,,,,the wild cat knows all the tricks on how to rule ,,,,,,,
relationship is a course on its own ,you have to have the skills to it ,not just waking up at 32years and say to day I want to get married and you never even get any history of dating a lady before you will fail woefully

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by pedrilo: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2021
A father shud be able to take a break and allow the children take over.
Wat is d value of d house in d village to d man?
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Blackdisciple(m): 11:04am On Nov 08, 2021
Hmmmm....
He should secure his documents first...

He is having so many buildings so selling one to use the money to build another in the village is still a good idea besides he is not selling it to pocket the money, that his wife Sha.....
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 11:05am On Nov 08, 2021
MPESA:

The best bet is to sell the duplex, how can you keep duplex and sell their rental properties such as shopping complex, hostel etc .... It doesn't make any sense at all ....
the wife is a tyrant bro ,and I doubt if the uncle is literate else lawyer for don seal all the properties with court

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Johnsown1(m): 11:10am On Nov 08, 2021
The wife can not sell any of his landed properties, if your uncle used his name in the preparation of the documents and registered while he is still alive. Woman will always talk like a woman. I can take second and third wife if I am to be in his shoes. Have he had any words with the kids to know ascertain the level of damage the wife has done to them. He should do so and sign his will by allocating some properties to his kids and wife.
Then sell the ones he wants to sell without letting the kids and their mother know in other to start his project in the village then get a new wife in the village. She make his life a living hell if her name is in the papers of the said properties and living in the same roof with her.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by emdis: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2021
The wife doesn't want to move to the village. This shows she's not from the same place as the husband... He can't sell a house in town to build one in the Village..
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by sylve11: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2021
madridguy:
This is a very sensitive issue that requires a very diplomatic approach.

First, your uncle cannot win this battle. Don't underrate a woman and he must not take her threat as a mere one.

The mistake your uncle did was not to study his wife very well when they're still young. I used to tell people, once your wife start exhibiting some characters, the best thing for the man is to start a new family somewhere.

Children are defence for their mother against any enemies, be their father or anyone. So the best time for you to arrange yourself very well is when the woman soldiers " children " are still young. Immediately they matured every woman turn to Aso rock.

I have seen many women planning on how to deal with their husband when old age set for him. By that time the children will be independent so they will just abandon the man and move to any of their son or daughter.

Fear caught me while reading this o. shocked cool
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by madridguy(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Aamin and you too my brother.

Yinkame123:

Wisdom will never depart you my brother. Knowing what to do and doing it at the right time is the solution to survival of a man.Read the game and do proper substitution to assist you in winning the game.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by GardenOfGod(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2021
That man to me is a loosed fellow without principle. The wife had studied him and knew that he lacks the capacity to bring his family members under his control. He knows what to do but he won't because his weak point has been compromised by the wife. And the children that supported their mother will have issues in their homes as well, because "kpa nte enamde eno Israel eyenam eno mme gentiles". May God have mercy on them.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by sylve11: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2021
festacman:
There is more to this story than the uncle being a rich man. It is either the wife is from a wealthy home or she earned big and worked JOINTLY with her husband to put together those buildings.

Otherwise, why should the man seek permission to manage his OWN investment portfolio by deciding what to sell and what to do with the proceeds?

Every man who worked hard, saved up and invested wisely will be RESPECTED and 'lovingly' TRUSTED by his wife to make further decisions on the family properties. Yes that's it.

Well said... cool
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2021
venabili:

Sell every damn thing and invest in stocks. He can will everything to his kinsman as a final spite. Lets see how dey wan sell his shares or even know what he has.
He should even just relocate after selling everything.

Stocks might be hard. He can still do real estate. The point is that they must not have access to the new place. You know that they can fight in court dirty and claim many things with the old houses.

All he needs to do is carry MOPOL to the house and pack all the cars and chase everyone of them out. That's it. He needs to just man up. He converts it to dollars and let it rest in his account. Then, he travels out and go coolnpff his brain.

Then, he can start buying properties again. That's it. And he can buy stocks too.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by madridguy(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2021
Fear catch you as how brother?

sylve11:

Fear caught me while reading this o. shocked cool
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Loverboy3333: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.....

This story doesn't add up

And it doesn't hold water

Exactly, no Nigerian woman can do that when there is no other woman involve
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by od501: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:

cool

Omoh... complain and shout all you want oo...but never you in your life lay your hands on your parents, especially your father. Omo...the curse go strong oo...not even your pastor fit redeem you.

And as for the woman, I can swear say...she Don wash put for those children. The man is not smart shaa, how can the woman you married get access to your important documents?

To the extent of selling everything? That's why I always suggest to men, be 90% redpiller, and 10% romantic.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Okudiover(m): 11:23am On Nov 08, 2021
I agree with the old man's view. A second and third wife where one can afford it is an insurance policy. That woman and her sons may want to kill him for his own sweat.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by na2016: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
That's the Problem...But something I learnt from the old man's opinion was that a man who has more than one wife wouldn't be subjected to the problem of one wife..Once one of them fvck up,na to pack to the other..Once that one fvck up,na to relocate to the third.. Until their heads go relax grin. Kolo grin

But he will keep a greater problem for the children. Polygamy is a monster and until you see families that this thing has ruined, you will not know how bad it is.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by pizapato(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2021
marsup:
Why can't your uncle sell other properties to build a house in the Village? After selling his properties and other belongings, they relocate to the village, if anything happens to him, his family members will chase her out and leave her stranded. Well, she has the right to fight for her sons and her own future, especially if she helped build the wealth.

Just my limited opinion.

Let the sons go and build their own houses. The man has done enough by raising them. What he decides to do with his property shouldn't matter to them if they are focused on doing well themselves
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by MPESA(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2021
larryking540:

the wife is a tyrant bro ,and I doubt if the uncle is literate else lawyer for don seal all the properties with court

The thing tire me self btw make the man go do DNA test on the children self such a woman can be trusted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Backing Baby Vs Baby Carrier / Nigerian Mother In U.S Navy And Her Son Reunite After 7 Months In Sea (Photos) / My Dad's Driver First Child Looks Different From The Rest, I'm Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.