Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. (38299 Views)

My 43yrs Old Uncle Is Rich But Still Single / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Walkee: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2021
Delta state has serious problems with their inheritance and succession laws. How exactly did you people abandon our tradition here in Edo state?
Who is a wife to tell a husband what he can or can't do with his own property? Delta men are a big disgrace.
You don't need court approval or the approval of your wife's family to relegate her back to her father's rubble. What's wrong with all these delta people sef. That's how this my girlfriend said their family lost their father's property to an uncle, what nonsense!
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Kirkman: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Village people they pursue the man. Why sell a house to build in the village.

Since he has numerous real estate Investments, are you telling me that the rental income from those Investment properties can't build a house for him in the village?
My exact line of thought too.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by RightToReject(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2021
This isn't your story. You simply edited someone's true-life family experience she shared on a thread here a few weeks ago, parading it as a firsthand experience. You can't fool everyone.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Walkee: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2021
madridguy:
This is a very sensitive issue that requires a very diplomatic approach.

First, your uncle cannot win this battle. Don't underrate a woman and he must not take her threat as a mere one.

The mistake your uncle did was not to study his wife very well when they're still young. I used to tell people, once your wife start exhibiting some characters, the best thing for the man is to start a new family somewhere.

Children are defence for their mother against any enemies, be their father or anyone. So the best time for you to arrange yourself very well is when the woman soldiers " children " are still young. Immediately they matured every woman turn to Aso rock.

I have seen many women planning on how to deal with their husband when old age set for him. By that time the children will be independent so they will just abandon the man and move to any of their son or daughter.
oga the problem here is the man and his delta people who have no culture or tradition. In my place a woman has zero say in matters concerning inheritance even if she is your own daughter or mother talkless of ordinary wife whom you can tell to get the fucck out of your house this evening and she'd have no choice other than leave. The only time your sons have say is after you are dead and they have done all the traditional rites. I dey shame for these delta people
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by ojasweb(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2021
Omakraid:
It is well. But what made him think it wouldn't have been worse if he had two wives?

Women know how to put themselves in check.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Sunnydoo: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2021
So sad. Very very sad.

Who knows when the battles of life will rise against him.

That's y we all must grow to be able to know the mind of God at every point of life.

Only God can and will give joy and peace absolutely.

This story is worrisome.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Adlac(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2021
madridguy:
This is a very sensitive issue that requires a very diplomatic approach.

First, your uncle cannot win this battle. Don't underrate a woman and he must not take her threat as a mere one.

The mistake your uncle did was not to study his wife very well when they're still young. I used to tell people, once your wife start exhibiting some characters, the best thing for the man is to start a new family somewhere.

Children are defence for their mother against any enemies, be their father or anyone. So the best time for you to arrange yourself very well is when the woman soldiers " children " are still young. Immediately they matured every woman turn to Aso rock.

I have seen many women planning on how to deal with their husband when old age set for him. By that time the children will be independent so they will just abandon the man and move to any of their son or daughter.

You must be a Yoruba man to have Understand this Trick!
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by themanderon: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2021
A man at war with his own family is the worse condition a man can find himself in. It's just like when Absalom turned against his father David. Who will now bury him when he dies? May God not give us unfortunate children who cannot reason well even if one of their parents are wrong they side with him/her. The properties are his and he can do whatever he wishes with it. After all, the house in the village will still be inherited by the children. Wisdom is required here as the man needs his children as much as they need him. Na wao, seeing a family you toiled for crumbling before your eyes can be very unpleasant.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by LordReed(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Yesterday being Sunday, so I went to a match viewing center to watch the football game between tottenham hotspur and Everton... After the first half came to an end, an argument arose between an old man and a young man..The argument was all about the merits and ills of polygamy.. The old man's opined that a man who's married to many wives will have lesser marital Problems than a man who's married to one wife..

While the young man was of a counter opinion, insisting on the fact that a man who has only one wife will always have his peace of mind intact cheesy

Well, I was just sitting aloof, sipping my black fearless small small cheesy. ...But then I thought about a similar scenario happening to my uncle who has only one wife... Their marriage has been blessed with five sons,and of course my uncle is a very well-to-do man...And out of their five sons,three of them studied abroad...

So after my uncle's retirement from the oil company he was working,he sat his wife down and had a discourse with her that he'd love to sell his port harcourt duplex so that he can use the money to build a house in his village here in Delta state...But his wife refused, insisting that everything that my uncle has worked hard to achieve belongs to her son's,that my uncle Shouldn't even dare think of selling anything....That has resulted to a serious pandemonium in their home..And of which my uncle has threatened to divorce her..But his wife has kept on threatening my uncle that she'd wreck my uncle if he should dare divorce her grin.

The wahala has even deteriorated from bad to worse to the extent that their sons has taken sides with their mom..... One time self,they all ganged up and beat their father undecided.

My uncle has filed papers to a customary court,to divorce the marriage, because all the previous efforts he had made to take his bride price from his in-laws have proved abortive as they have been dribbling my uncle undecided. He has vowed to sell everything,his shopping mall,his hostels,his other two storey buildings.....I even heard him complaining to my popsman that his wife has started to sell his cars and other things he left in his house..... Imagine someone who has different storey buildings now has to be a tenant in a two-bedroom apartment..

At this moment,my uncle has been plunged into a state of so much regrets,that if he had heeded to the advice of his kinsmen back then when they were advising him to marry a second wife,this wouldn't be happening to him angry.

cool

LoL if he had married a 2nd wife his predicament would have been worse.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2021
MPESA:

The thing tire me self btw make the man go do DNA test on the children self such a woman can be trusted.
bro even if he do DNA test,the kids can end up to become his blood ,I have seen a lady feed the kids each time the father is not around ,will the ideology of your father beat me ,see my back ,or your father didn't give money at home today it is my money I am using ,man I stand at the window see a lady creating a big wall bw the father and kids ,bro ever since then ,man it's good to marry rightly and don't condole nonsense as a man never ,even at gun point hold your stand as a man

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Belleful: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2021
This story get K-LEG. the op hasn't told us the real reason his uncle and his wife and children are Fighting. With all the wealth ur uncle have, he couldn't build a house in is village? Now that he is retired, with all the money he his collecting from his many houses, he still couldn't build a new house. And now just to sell only one of his many houses to blind a new house has gotten him injected from his own house to become a tenant, why the wife and children are leaving comfortably in d house he blind with is hard earned money. Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2021
LordReed:

LoL if he had married a 2nd wife his predicament would have been worse.
someone would have been dead by now via poison,but the doctor might just rule it out as cardic arrest ,case closed
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2021
Belleful:
This story get K-LEG. the op hasn't told us the real ready his uncle and his wife and children are Fighting. With all the wealth ur uncle have, he couldn't build a house in is village? Now that he is retired, with all the money he his collecting from his many houses, he still couldn't build a new house. And now just to sell only one of his many houses to blind a new house has gotten him injected from his own house to become a tenant. Hmmmm.
baba there are people like that o,they go say no worry within 3 months if I wan build house for village the house go stand within 3 months ,so most of them are not in a haste
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Walkee: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2021
seyz91:
your uncle scenario is just an unfortunate one and still doesn't call for this comparison of number of wives

the answer is simple, the higher the number of wives the higher the problem, polygamy is not and never the way

a woman is not easy to handle not to talk of multiples

in other word, one woman means one problem

multiple women means multiple problems

case closed!
women are easier to handle when they are many. Your girlfriend will respect you more if she knows you have other girlfriends. Same with your wife. All my forebears married at least 3 wives. My grandfather married 12 and lived till over 100 years. If you have many wives they will all focus on their little quasi-family and try to cater for them and make sure their children are better than others. They will have less time to give you trouble.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by amendara1: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2021
Your uncle should have secretly go for DNA test for all the children before he takes any step to talk with the wife. I'm very much sure most of the children are not his... Tell him to instruct the court to call fie DNA test, but he should hide himself before the result come out... All the best
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by yinkeys(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
That's the Problem...But something I learnt from the old man's opinion was that a man who has more than one wife wouldn't be subjected to the problem of one wife..Once one of them fvck up,na to pack to the other..Once that one fvck up,na to relocate to the third.. Until their heads go relax grin. Kolo grin
Smart men will tell you women value men who have options than the guy who has none or chose to have none. They’re messed up in the head but that’s how they operate.
Herd mentality
Go read The Rational Male, it will explain better

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2021
What a family.. I can't even entertain the thought of fighting my popsy. Someone i so much love, respect and value in every way. But some children aren't well in the head sha. Their mom must have been poisoning their minds against him before now and this means the story is probably one sided. Something else is going on in that house.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by madridguy(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2021
Leave emotion and be realistic my sister.

Signum:

You are all wrong! I have seen where this things happen too, and the children were divided. Some realised that their mother doesn't respect their father enough and hence, was against their mother.

In this circumstance, the man can win this case 100x over! Let him secure the property documents, consult a good lawyer, sew the ass of his wife to court for divorce and charge her even for threat to life. He can even disown the useless sons if they can't reason well enough.

Forget it, the man can win.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Pablo25: 11:46am On Nov 08, 2021
hmmm
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by MPESA(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2021
larryking540:
bro even if he do DNA test,the kids can end up to become his blood ,I have seen a lady feed the kids each time the father is not around ,will the ideology of your father beat me ,see my back ,or your father didn't give money at home today it is my money I am using ,man I stand at the window see a lady creating a big wall bw the father and kids ,bro ever since then ,man it's good to marry rightly and don't condole nonsense as a man never ,even at gun point hold your stand as a man

Chai God help us we men,You just dey scare me now for this marriage stuff... The greatest mistake a man will make in this life is to end up with the wrong woman....
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by babyfaceafrica: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2021
EmperorTolson:
One wife, one problem.
Many wives, many problems.
Don't be deceived with one wife bleeped up, you'll move to the other.
My student's father had 3 wives and he sent the 3 of them packing on the same day, he's single now.
Had he known is his case now.
Though his children are with him cos he's rich.
Study the person you want to marry and stick with him, forget having more than a wife.

My little advice

On your uncle's matter, the wife is only exercising her right, who knows her influences on those properties. Maybe she has a legal backing. Moreso, his children are mature enough to know what they're fighting for.
It'd be insane for any woman and her children to gang up against there father/husband without tangible reasons.
I think you should hear from the woman too
How can you exercise rights on another person's property when they are not dead? Is that not greediness
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2021
marsup:
Why can't your uncle sell other properties to build a house in the Village? After selling his properties and other belongings, they relocate to the village, if anything happens to him, his family members will chase her out and leave her stranded. Well, she has the right to fight for her sons and her own future, especially if she helped build the wealth.

Just my limited opinion.
I like this advise, sell everything and japa go village
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by SilvanusII(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2021
Your conclusion is very foolish really
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Bibors(m): 11:57am On Nov 08, 2021
Why was he taking permission from the wife to sell his property?
Its an investment and his investment.
Didn't the wife work? Doesn't she have her own investments?
Your Uncle is a weakling and a sisi.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by okoroemeka(m): 11:57am On Nov 08, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
And this is how men end up dead before their time..

Nothing worse than living with an enemy under the same roof.. angry
you are very correct,with the condition of his house I don't think the blood pressure of the man can be normal ,but I think the best way to manage a woman is to closely study her character,if you are flexible and diplomatic there is always a way to handle women if you are ready to shed your pride and see from her own perspective or else he is heading closer to the grave.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by delpee(f): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Yesterday being Sunday, so I went to a match viewing center to watch the football game between tottenham hotspur and Everton... After the first half came to an end, an argument arose between an old man and a young man..The argument was all about the merits and ills of polygamy.. The old man's opined that a man who's married to many wives will have lesser marital Problems than a man who's married to one wife..

While the young man was of a counter opinion, insisting on the fact that a man who has only one wife will always have his peace of mind intact cheesy

Well, I was just sitting aloof, sipping my black fearless small small cheesy. ...But then I thought about a similar scenario happening to my uncle who has only one wife... Their marriage has been blessed with five sons,and of course my uncle is a very well-to-do man...And out of their five sons,three of them studied abroad...

So after my uncle's retirement from the oil company he was working,he sat his wife down and had a discourse with her that he'd love to sell his port harcourt duplex so that he can use the money to build a house in his village here in Delta state...But his wife refused, insisting that everything that my uncle has worked hard to achieve belongs to her son's,that my uncle Shouldn't even dare think of selling anything....That has resulted to a serious pandemonium in their home..And of which my uncle has threatened to divorce her..But his wife has kept on threatening my uncle that she'd wreck my uncle if he should dare divorce her grin.

The wahala has even deteriorated from bad to worse to the extent that their sons has taken sides with their mom..... One time self,they all ganged up and beat their father undecided.

My uncle has filed papers to a customary court,to divorce the marriage, because all the previous efforts he had made to take his bride price from his in-laws have proved abortive as they have been dribbling my uncle undecided. He has vowed to sell everything,his shopping mall,his hostels,his other two storey buildings.....I even heard him complaining to my popsman that his wife has started to sell his cars and other things he left in his house..... Imagine someone who has different storey buildings now has to be a tenant in a two-bedroom apartment..

At this moment,my uncle has been plunged into a state of so much regrets,that if he had heeded to the advice of his kinsmen back then when they were advising him to marry a second wife,this wouldn't be happening to him angry.

cool

This is very disheartening. The man deserves peace to enjoy his life in retirement. He has every right to build a house in his village. It's his hard earned money. He can choose to spend it as he wishes.

The sons should work hard to build their own estate. Beating up their dad is sacrilege. I can't imagine that happening in my environment. They'll pay for it one way or the other. A godly and wise mother will not allow such to happen. Training children to wait for inheritance is so inhibiting really. The sons may end up selling everything. Yorubas say, oun ti a ko ba sise fun kii tojo, oun ti a ba fi ara sise fun lo npe lowo eni.
Summary....you benefit more from the labor of your hands.
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by sylve11: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2021
madridguy:
Fear catch you as how brother?

"Children are defence for their mother against any enemies, be their father or anyone. So the best time for you to arrange yourself very well is when the woman soldiers " children " are still young. Immediately they matured every woman turn to Aso rock."

See this? You're so correct. cool
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Dagger79(m): 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
This matter no be here ohh...
Omohh
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by Imustnottalk: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
Walkee:
oga the problem here is the man and his delta people who have no culture or tradition. In my place a woman has zero say in matters concerning inheritance even if she is your own daughter or mother talkless of ordinary wife whom you can tell to get the fucck out of your house this evening and she'd have no choice other than leave. The only time your sons have say is after you are dead and they have done all the traditional rites. I dey shame for these delta people
let leave tradition aside put yourself in the woman's shoe or the children your father just wake up one day that he wants to sell his house and he is going back to village how would you feel about it, what about if the woman has business in city is she going to leave to follow the man to the village
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by ebitng: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
AlphaAlex:
It always makes me wonder how A woman can have so much power over a man on his own house . It must be Madness How will you be a man and you allow your wife to Influence your decision. As far as you are the man in the marriage she better follow your lead or Bounce .

This should be a lesson to young men, stop tolerating Rubbish from your girlfriend and other women if not one day it will bloom into full disrespect.

Bro, it starts from the relationship days.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by larryking540: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
MPESA:

Chai God help us we men,You just dey scare me now for this marriage stuff... The greatest mistake a man will make in this life is to end up with the wrong woman....
take your time and explore till you meet the right person ,,,you will away have to spend more on her , than she is willing to do ,so bro no need to be afraid take your time and pick the write person be it educated or not or semi educated
Re: My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. by henryobinna(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Village people they pursue the man. Why sell a house to build in the village.

Since he has numerous real estate Investments, are you telling me that the rental income from those Investment properties can't build a house for him in the village?
it doesn't matter for what reason he wants to sell them or whether rental incomes are able to build a new one. The house is his, he can decide to sell it and burn all the money. No one has the right to question his decision/authority on his own properties unless those people gave him money to build the house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge This Case / Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.