Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers (9083 Views)

Customs In Massive De-Ranking Of Officers Over Self Promotion / Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
Tambuwal polls 261 votes out of a possible 360.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by youngmonie: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
debrief08:

Na who go impeach am? the same members who voted for him in large numbers. Kai una mumu go last
Dnt deceive urself, PDP will still use this its same members!!, u dont kno politics, are they not the same people who put patricia  etteh there and removed her, Boy its all about the Partyyy!!!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by johnie: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2011
isquar3d3:

actually, d house of reps have always been a rebelious set of guys as far as PDP is concernd. The senators r more willing 2 abide by d party. Bankole was a product of d integrity group led by dat Farouk Lawan of a man. And now, they'v done it again. I like it tho'. Dnt let any1 impose anythng on u. D senators have rounded up since around 1p.m bt these guys r stil here. I hope there wil nt b anoda electn 4 deputy speaker again or else na 10p.m dem go commot 4 here. There shld b a consensus like it was in d senate.

They don't want anyone outside the house to impose on them.

What they want is someone who would take care of their 'welfare.'

The same Integrity Group (led by Agoda, Lawan and Gbajabiamila) that sacked Etteh and then came back to apologie to her?
The same 'Integrity' Group that installed Bankole but did not 'agitate' for his removal despite all the allegations against him?

I hope Tambuwal would not end up saying what Bankole said :

Amidst sobs, which made him to abadon his prepared speech, Bankole said he regretted accepting the position of the speaker and that if he had his way, again, he would have rejected the offer. He said: “When Hon. Halim Agoda called me to his house, to inform me that I was to be made speaker and prayed for me, I should have rejected the position.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/13446.html

IMO, Mulikat should thank God. She would have also got the Etteh treatment!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by DEEHASAL(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2011
isquar3d3:

Tambuwal polls 261 votes out of a possible 360.

Aint that a b.i.atch!!!!

Mulikat is going,going,GONE.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by ektbear: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2011
Interesting. Must be embarrassing for GEJ
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
The guy is well loved by all frm wat im seeing. Wil be difficult 2 cal 4 his impeachment except in extreme circumstances.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
youngmonie:

Dnt deceive urself, PDP will still use this its same members!!, u dont kno politics, are they not the same people who put patricia  etteh there and removed her, Boy its all about the Partyyy!!!
when dey say maake una go school. hmmm? As hards as it is t educate you, comot wax from your ear hear, na pdp impose etteh, na this same group no want etteh gather comot her despite intervention from party and presido, go back and read, no be me be ya teacher, but i pty the man or woman wey teach you sha
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by DEEHASAL(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
johnie:

The same Integrity Group (led by Agoda, Lawan and Gbajabiamila) that sacked Etteh and then came back to apologie to her?
The same 'Integrity' Group that installed Bankole but did not 'agitate' for his removal despite all the allegations against him?

Amidst sobs, which made him to abadon his prepared speech, Bankole said he regretted accepting the position of the speaker and that if he had his way, again, he would have rejected the offer. He said: “When Hon. Halim Agoda called me to his house, to inform me that I was to be made speaker and prayed for me, I should have rejected the position.”

Bank-ole can say whatever right now, He became a billionaire as Speaker, PERIOD,
Tambuwal won the election because PDP legislatures bought the ACN idea.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by youngmonie: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
debrief08:

when dey say maake una go school. hmmm? As hards as it is t educate you, comot wax from your ear hear, na pdp impose etteh, na this same group no want etteh gather comot her despite intervention from party and presido, go back and read, no be me be ya teacher, but i pty the man or woman wey teach you sha

We wil wait till then , les just watch and see!!!, PDP is not stupid!!!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by mbulela: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
unlike the Sente, at least this house seems independent for now.
i like how they told the PDP leadership where to stick stick there zoning abracada.
they should stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
youngmonie:

We wil wait till then , les just watch and see!!!, PDP is not silly!!!
you wait and see, na who be ya mate, na who and you go wait and see, go beer parlour gist this ya gist, me and you no dey the same lefel
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by youngmonie: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
Lets forget politics and all!!, But is it wrong for a woman to be a SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE?, Patricia Etteh was der she dit last long, this one now, they dint even try for her!!!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
johnie:

thats wat politics is all about bro. Personal interest. Bt Bankole is jst deceiving himself. Are u telling me dat if he had been re-elected, he wld nt hv registered his interest in d speakership again? He was jst playing 2 d gallery.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Ekpoma1: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
Lets wait and see the grama 2 unfold in the future. I dnt see this house standin.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2011
youngmonie:

Lets forget politics and all!!, But is it wrong for a woman to be a SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE?, Patricia Etteh was der she dit last long, this one now, they dint even try for her!!!
let th woman work hard and get her own base and support, what a man can do a woman can do better, they should stop robbing Objs stomach for party support and go and campaign and lobby like everyone else. Man or woman or, nobody wey get sense should allow a leader to be imposed when you have the riight to vote who you want, simple
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
shege sfeka
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
Is anybody watching wats up in d house? PHCN don take my light nd i can neva waste diesel jst because i want 2 watch a bunch of abokis on TV. Sm1 shld start updating us about d deputy speakership war now.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by jacobs123(m): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
debrief08:

For me these reps are the real heroes of democracy, they done kill zoning. Let me hear any tribalistic mumuistic Nigerian abusing them

I have to second the above.

I'm a Yoruba man but what did Ogun state or the Egbas get for Bankole being speaker? what did Benue get from Mark? What did we get from OBJ being president? what did Katsina get from Yar Adua, what will Bayelsa get from Jonathan?, The simple answer is nothing. They only benefit their families, cronies and hangers-on. It's time the NIgerian mumus realize that and dump this zoning nonsense and demand performance.

The zoning thing only benefits the occupier of the office who also whips up sentiments from his people when he's found wanting. e.g., They want to impeach our son who is the speaker for stealing money when their own son, the senate president is stealing and nothing is happening.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by youngmonie: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
All in all the NORTH still wins, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, VP, senate presidnet, speaker of the house, how interesting
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
youngmonie:

All in all the NORTH still wins, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, VP, senate presidnet, speaker of the house, how interesting
Wetin concern all this one for ya talk? Zoning is dead in PDP didnt you get the memo?
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2011
I dey laugh oooooooo

WHat a big phock you to OBJ and GEJ

Should anything happen to GEJ now, The North gets the top 3-4 positions

MU HE HE HE
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

I dey laugh oooooooo

MU HE HE HE
Phock from nyansh oh. chop their money phock them up on top. shege mallam
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
dayokanu:

I dey laugh oooooooo

MU HE HE HE
ha! I neva really looked at it frm dat perspective. This northerners r brilliant! If anythng do GEJ now, na North go remain. Oh, i luv my country.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by TJ3(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
Now that a thief is elected as the National Assembly speaker, only God knows if the house will not go to the world bank this time around to borrow money for their take home. God will save this country.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by HIROSHI: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2011
Wonderful! The South thought they have something by winning the presidency. But look at this: VP - North; Senate Presidency - North; Speaker - North; Chief Justice - North; President of Court of Appeal - North; Chief Judge of Fed High Court - North.

The end product: the North retains power from the back and controls Jonathan and could get him impeached at the narrowest of chances.

I do hope Nigeria remains at the end of the whole drama.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by johnie: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2011
Here's how PUNCH reported the emergence of a new house leadership in 2007.

The short bio on the new speaker and his actions since then are very 'interesting'.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana

-----------------------

New-look House leadership By Victor Sam
Saturday, 17 Nov 2007

After three months of turbulence, the House of Representatives on Tuesday, October 30, 2007, took the honourable path of sacking its former Speaker, Mrs Patricia Olubunmi Etteh; and her deputy, Alhaji Babangida Nguroje, over a N628million house renovation scandal in which they were implicated. In the same breath, the Representatives made a clean sweep of the body of principal officers, asking those affected to return to their zonal caucuses and seek a fresh mandate. Two days later, the Integrity Group bloc, which had emerged from the crisis with dominant influence in the House, elected one of its own as Speaker. The choice of 37-year-old Dimeji Bankole was in defiance of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party’s explicit preference for Hon. George Jolaoye as replacement for Etteh. The Representatives also elected Alhaji Usman Nafada as the Deputy Speaker. Observers perceived in the choice of the new House helmsmen a resounding vote against the indulgent influence of the PDP leadership, which had rooted for Etteh until her final days in office, against the tide of public sentiment and overwhelming evidence of a breach of due process in the controversial contract award.

The lower chamber of the National Assembly had, since the restoration of democracy in 1999, been known for its vibrancy, outspokenness and independent-mindedness. Under the Ghali Umar Na’Abba era, the House stood up to the bullish Olusegun Obasanjo presidency in pursuit of the constitutional principle of separation of powers. The Aminu Masari era, though moderate in approach to issues, was hardly different. And so with the emergence of Etteh, who happened to be Nigeria ’s first female Speaker of the House of Representatives, many had hoped for reinvigoration of the chamber’s strength of character. But the eruption of the N628m contract scandal, less than one month into the tenure, did not allow that to be. The crisis paralysed House proceedings and resulted frequently in fisticuffs, which claimed a victim with the death of one of Katsina State representatives, Alhaji Aminu Safana. The Etteh-led House could only manage to pass the 2007 Supplementary Appropriation Bill before her ouster.

According to some members of the House, the choice of Dimeji Bankole as the new Speaker was a political statement to Nigerians, and particularly the PDP, that the representatives’ commitment is to the country. For instance, Hon. John Kalipa ( Rivers State ) said the choice of Bankole was to teach a lesson for political sycophants. He explained that the House had decided to align itself to the wishes of ordinary Nigerians, who wanted quality representation and accountability. That, he added, is what Bankole’s leadership will bring to the House. Another member and former ANPP leader in the House, Dr Ahmed Salik, said with the choice of the new Speaker, democracy had run its full course. He said Nigerians should expect nothing but good representation under the new House leadership.

The new Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, had in his inaugural address articulated the new leadership posture in the House. He had said, “There is no gainsaying that we have been elected to the position of leadership at a most trying time: a period when there is the need to restore public confidence[b], set agenda and machinery for legislative business, evolve best practices for public procurement, unite honourable members and mobilise our energies towards the critical business of law-making and constituency representation.

“I believe that my deputy and I, and indeed the Body of Principal Officers that you are also putting together, alongside your good and honourable selves, all working as one indivisible and cohesive team, will respond to these challenges and resounding success. [b] I have a vision of the House of Representatives which shall once again be fondly referred to as the House of the Nigerian people. I believe that from this hallowed chamber shall flow robust debates, exciting motions, timely bills and quality legislation that will significantly impact on the standard and quality of the lives of our expectant people.”

On Wednesday, this week, newly mandated principal officers were formally announced on the floor of the House, to complement the Speaker and his deputy. Hon. Tunde Akogun was returned as House Leader, from the South-South zone; same as Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal who was returned as Deputy Chief Whip from the North-East zone. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha replaced Hon. Sam Amadi as Chief Whip from the South-East; while Hon. Baba Shehu Agaie is the Deputy Majority Leader. The minority parties in the House left both Alhaji Mohammed Ndume and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila in office as Minority Leader and Minority Whip respectively.

The new leadership make-up of the House is as follows:    

Dimeji Bankole
Bankole, the son of the famous Egba kingmaker and former acting chairman of the ANPP, Chief Alani Bankole, became the fifth Speaker of the House on Thursday, November 1, at age 37. He was elected to the House in 2003, at 34 years, to represent Abeokuta-South constituency of Ogun State . He got re-elected in April, this year, for a second term. He had served as deputy chairman, House committee on finance and appropriation; and just before being elected Speaker, he was chairman of House committee on land transport. Bankole is well read, having attended the famous Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta; Albany College, London; and University of Reading, England. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Military Technique and Strategic Studies from Oxford , and a further degree from Harvard University in United States of America .

[b]He was not a very popular voice in the House before his election as Speaker, but widely seen as an intellectual of sorts. Quiet and unassuming, Bankole plays his cards close to his chest. When he took a position on the Etteh saga, he was a strong, but unnoticed member of the Integrity Group. In his position as Speaker, he has intelligence and legislative experience to count on.

Usman Bayero Nafada
Nafada was born in 1961. He is from Gombe State . He holds a Teachers Certificate and a degree in Accountancy from the Ahmadu Bello University , Zaria . He was elected in 1999 to the Gombe State House of Assembly, where he was Majority Leader for three months before holding office as Speaker till 2003. He was elected to the House of Representatives in 2003. [b]Nafada was known to have supported the former Speaker, Mrs Etteh, until it became clear that it was a dead end. In the thick of the crisis, he played safe by remaining neutral, and members of the Integrity Group did not find it difficult accepting him to their fold.

With experience as former Speaker of a state House of Assembly, and four years’ experience in the House of Representatives, Nafada should bring experience and maturity to bear on the House leadership.

Tunde Akogun
Tunde Akogun is the House Leader. He was also the House Leader under Etteh. A retired Army Colonel, he represents Akoko-Edo federal constituency of Edo State . He came to the House in 2003 and served as a prominent member of the House committee on the Army. His choice as House leader by Etteh was quite surprising to many House watchers. Before then, Hon. Ita Enang from Akwa Ibom State had been tipped for the position; but he was dropped at the last minute because of the party’s curious political permutations. Other lawmakers in the South – South zone ranked higher for the job than Akogun include Ediogie West-Idahosa, John Halims Agoda, Mercy Almona-Isie and Leo Ogor.

Akogun was an avid supporter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and he worked tirelessly for the actualisation of the third term plot. His emergence as House Leader then, was perceived to have been a result of his closeness to former PDP Board of Trustees chairman, Chief Tony Anenih. He is widely seen as a conservative, but a moderate voice in the House chambers.

Emeka Ihedioha
Ihedioha is the new Chief Whip of the House.  He belongs to the progressive camp, and a supporter of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar. It has been a marvel how he was able to secure a return ticket from the PDP, despite his avowed support for Abubakar and opposition to the third term plot. He replaces Sam Amadi, who fell casualty to the N628m house renovation scandal.

Aminu Tambuwal
Tambuwal is the Deputy Chief Whip of the House. A lawyer by training, he represents Kebbe/Tambwal federal constituency of Sokoto State . He was an All Nigeria Peoples Party lawmaker until a few months to the April 2007 election, when he defected to the PDP. Tambuwal took over from Dr Ahmed Salik as the ANPP leader in the House in 2005 - a change the party never recognised. He dumped the ANPP for the PDP at the behest of former Governor Bafarawa of Sokoto decamping to DPP. He returned to the ANPP when DPP denied all the Sokoto lawmakers ticket during the primaries that preceded the April election. Eventually, the ANPP gave him a ticket for election, only for him to defect to the PDP when Alhaji Aliyu Wamakko, the then ANPP governorship candidate, was lured out of the party with a PDP governorship ticket. He was a well-known lawmaker and a reliable opposition voice in the chamber until he changed political camps.

Tambuwal came to the House in 2003. He is a progressive and sophisticated schemer.  He was part of those who fought against the then ANPP leader, Ahmed Salik, during the early days of the Masari era. He is a well-informed lawyer and knows how to stay away from controversy. In the thick of Ettehgate, he withdrew from public glare and preferred to scheme from the shadows. That may have accounted for his surviving as the Deputy Chief Whip.

Baba Shehu Agaie
Agaie, the Deputy Majority Leader, is from Niger State . He was elected to the House since 1999, and has enough cognate experience in legislative matters. He is a conservative member of the House.

Mohammed Ndume
Ndume doubles as the Minority Leader and Leader of the ANPP in the House. He is an outspoken member of the House, and will be remembered for moving the motion that led to the setting up of the nine-man investigation committee that probed the N628m contract scam. Ndume, who came to the House in 2003, thus played a vital role in the sacking of Etteh and Nguroje. He belongs to the progressive camp.

Femi Gbajabiamila
Gbajabiamila is an Action Congress member from Lagos State and the Minority Whip of the House. He came to the House in 2003, and he is one of the brains behind the Integrity Group and the subsequent removal of Etteh. He fought the former Speaker at every turn, and used his position to work with other minority groups in the House to sway most of the members to dump Etteh. He is experienced in legislative matters, and is a core progressive.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2007111713175271
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2011
Is any1 watching how d deputy speaker race is unfolding?
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by youngmonie: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2011
This is a going to be a big problem for  the executive arm of government. PDP dont have 2/3rd majority in the house and it will be difficult for them to  come to an agreement and i dont forsee a situation were CPC nor ACN will be in agreement with PDP.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by muami(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2011
HIROSHI:

Wonderful! The South thought they have something by winning the presidency. But look at this: VP - North; Senate Presidency - North; Speaker - North; Chief Justice - North; President of Court of Appeal - North; Chief Judge of Fed High Court - North.

The end product: the North retains power from the back and controls Jonathan and could get him impeached at the narrowest of chances.

I do hope Nigeria remains at the end of the whole drama.

Perphaps you did'nt realised that Tambuwal got 261 votes meaning reps from the SOUTH also voted for him. So, it is not a South or North thing. The reps voted for who they wanted. Why cant Nigerians see beyond tribal politics?? Haba!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by johnie: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2011
mbulela:

unlike the Sente, at least this house seems independent for now.
i like how they told the PDP leadership where to stick stick there zoning abracada.
they should stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

johnie:

Observers perceived in the choice of the new House helmsmen a resounding vote against the indulgent influence of the PDP leadership, which had rooted for Etteh until her final days in office, against the tide of public sentiment and overwhelming evidence of a breach of due process in the controversial contract award.

According to some members of the House, the choice of Dimeji Bankole as the new Speaker was a political statement to Nigerians, and particularly the PDP, that the representatives’ commitment is to the country. For instance, Hon. John Kalipa ( Rivers State ) said the choice of Bankole was to teach a lesson for political sycophants. He explained that the House had decided to align itself to the wishes of ordinary Nigerians, who wanted quality representation and accountability. That, he added, is what Bankole’s leadership will bring to the House. Another member and former ANPP leader in the House, Dr Ahmed Salik, said with the choice of the new Speaker, democracy had run its full course. He said Nigerians should expect nothing but good representation under the new House leadership.

Mbulela, observers said what you said in 2007.

At the end of the day, was that really the case?

The commitment to the country came in the form of Jumbo pay to themselves and various other scandals that would hopefully be revealed in the next few days if the bird decides to sing.
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by isquar3d3(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
Emeka Ihedioha frm d south east elected deputy speaker. SW is finished!
Re: House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers by muami(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
T. J.:

Now that a thief is elected as the National Assembly speaker, only God knows if the house will not go to the world bank this time around to borrow money for their take home. God will save this country.

youngmonie:

This is a going to be a big problem for  the executive arm of government. PDP dont have 2/3rd majority in the house and it will be difficult for them to  come to an agreement and i dont forsee a situation were CPC nor ACN will be in agreement with PDP.

These are the kind of comments that makes me beleive that there is hope for Nigeria. i.e people analysing political issues devoid of North vs South. Its really a fresher from all the myopic analysis on this thread simply based on North vs South. Its high time, we the followers grow up if we want the leaders to do the same!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest. / Fire Guts Lagos State Chief Justice Office / SDP Executives, 4000 Other Members Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.