Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo (1308 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC / APC Convention, A Quit Notice To Fayose & PDP - Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by NwaNimo1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
‘Anambra governorship election still winnable for PDP,’ Says guber candidate, Ozigbo

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in Anambra, Valentine Ozigbo, said on Monday the state’s governorship election is not over and remained “winnable” for him.

Ozigbo, who stated this at a news conference in Awka, expressed the hope that the PDP would close the gap if electoral officials and materials were effectively deployed on time for the supplementary election slated for Tuesday in the Ihiala local government area of the state.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday night suspended the collation of results in the Anambra election after releasing results of 20 out of the 21 LGAs, except Ihiala.

In the results announced by INEC, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate, Prof. Charles Soludo, got 103,946 votes, while Ozigbo scored 51,322.

Andy Uba of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Young Progressives Party (YPP) candidate, Ifeanyi Ubah garnered 42,942 and 20,917 votes respectively.

The PDP candidate said the Anambra election would continue beyond Tuesday provided the margin between the two leading candidates was less than the number of registered voters in places where there was proof that elections did not hold.

He stressed that apart from Ihiala, which had more than 148,000 registered voters, there were places which the party had proven there was no election with over 100,000 registered voters.

He said Ihiala alone could upturn the result with the ongoing awareness in the area.

Ozigbo urged INEC to ensure that voters did not encounter the challenges they had on Saturday by deploying functional machines to the area.

He said: “I want to assure the good people of Anambra that the election is not over, it is still winnable for us, the PDP.

“The over 248,000 votes in Ihiala tomorrow and other places is enough to change the situation, I call on our people to remain hopeful and make it possible by coming out to vote.

“There was no low turnout of voters on Saturday, what we had was technology-induced challenges which denied many people the opportunity to vote.

“While we commend INEC for their effort to improve the electoral process with technology, we want to acknowledge the imperfection that marred the exercise. It was a big experiment we did not deserve.”

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/anambra-governorship-election-still-winnable-for-pdp-says-guber-candidate-ozigbo/
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by Jostoman: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Good luck to you, APC government really use that court case to destabilize your campaign because it was a bit late before the appeal court clear you and PDP to participate in the anambra election.
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by blamingthedevil: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
PDP wayo

During PDP 16 was greater than 19
5 impeached a sitting Governor
NURTW Chairman became Speaker of Assembly same day Governor was impeached
A Governor was kidnapped.
Government House was burnt down....

PDP WAYO WAYO
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by festacman(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hope APGA's ward to ward foot-soldiers are working to complete the good work they started. No slacking, bikonu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
That's the spirit my man .. The never say die spirit the PDP is made of .

It is not over until it is over ... We gather dey

1 Like

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by adapowerful: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
I heard you are a good man but ...
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
adapowerful:
I heard you are a good man but ...
there's no but Ada
Valentine is a good man just that APGA is deeply rooted in Anambra

I know you supported Apc just like your friend that bloody cultist and ritualist called nge...

but to me anybody but Apc

congratulations to CC Soludo
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by adapowerful: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
there's no but Ada
Valentine is a good man just that APGA is deeply rooted in Anambra

I know you supported Apc just like your friend that bloody cultist and ritualist called nge...

but to me anybody but Apc

congratulations to CC Soludo
so you still do not know your Ada. I did not support party In this election but personality. Andy Uba did no single thing for ndi Uga and is well hated in his home town. Is that what I want for my people? I love Maduka but the guy was milked dry by PDP. As for prof, he was a professor of Economics at UNN my Alma mata and I have heard so much good things about him at UNN. Why will I vote for Andy Ubah when I have people better than him
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by paramakina202: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
adapowerful:
so you still do not know your Ada. I did not support party In this election but personality. Andy Uba did no single thing for ndi Uga and is well hated in his home town. Is that what I want for my people? I love Maduka but the guy was milked dry by PDP. As for prof, he was a professor of Economics at UNN my Alma mats and I have heard so much good things about him at UNN. Why will I vote for Andy Ubah when I have people better than him

Ezigbo Ada,Adadike Adapowerful Ada ndi Igbo nilegrin

1 Like

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
adapowerful:
so you still do not know your Ada. I did not support party In this election but personality. Andy Uba did no single thing for ndi Uga and is well hated in his home town. Is that what I want for my people? I love Maduka but the guy was milked dry by PDP. As for prof, he was a professor of Economics at UNN my Alma mats and I have heard so much good things about him at UNN. Why will I vote for Andy Ubah when I have people better than him
ohhh
forgive me my love please.

kiss kiss kiss kiss

chaiii the day I'll meet you ehhh I'll eat you raw
can't wait

1 Like

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by Nonexisting: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
This man is the best among them and he is very mature unlike Soludo who is proud. I hope Soludo doesn't become another Rochas Okorocha in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by Vickym1(f): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Day dreaming grin
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by adapowerful: 12:47am On Nov 09, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
ohhh
forgive me my love please.

kiss kiss kiss kiss

chaiii the day I'll meet you ehhh I'll eat you raw
can't wait
grin
Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by adapowerful: 12:48am On Nov 09, 2021
paramakina202:

Ezigbo Ada,Adadike Adapowerful Ada ndi Igbo nilegrin
cheesy eh nwokeoma

1 Like

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by paramakina202: 1:16am On Nov 09, 2021
adapowerful:
cheesy eh nwokeoma

Ada mara'nma dalu nwanyi oma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Anambra Governorship Election Still Winnable For PDP,’ Says Ozigbo by Praxis758: 1:44am On Nov 09, 2021
That is a future impossible tense

(1) (Reply)

I Will Give Up On Nigeria If Tinubu Becomes President / Let's Vote For Peter Obi For President / See The Reason Why Labour Party Rally Are Full With Fake People's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.