Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? (46671 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by stuffs4me(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
1. Your brother is married and with kids, so it's not just his house but the wife's house as well.

2. You didn't say
-if you buy your own food to cook
-if you clean up after yourself (clean the kitchen and wash the dishes/pots/utensils you use) once you're finished cooking

If you're doing these, I doubt she would be complaining. Unless she just doesn't want you living with them.... which is probably what the problem is.

Most females hate having their husband's relations around.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by OChimex: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2021
tolakush92:

There is no form of entitlement whatsoever
They own and plan their house

I just feel it shouldn’t be a bug if I cook in the house

If I was I her shoes I wouldn’t have felt bad

But you aren't her.

Simply take permission from people when you want to use their property, even if they are your parents. It's called manners and courtesy.

Know this, it's only in your property that you have all the liberty to do whatever you want without seeking any permission...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by manitoba(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tola Ladipo Tolakush92 has picked a very bad habit of telling lies as well as swindling people.
Allegory:

How are you at Igbobi and still cooking okro in someone's house
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by dotedote: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
You're clearly making up your own version of OP's story.
You be DJ ?

Acidosis:

What would you say you're trying to do when you walk into the kitchen to cook for your own mouth knowing very well that everyone else in the house is just as hungry as you are? What sort of devilish and selfish hunger is that?

If I cook for you every day in my house and then you decide to feed ONLY yourself while everyone else is just as hungry, you will have to pack your load the next morning and vacate my house. That's a selfish behaviour. Even if you don't leave, you'll have to keep making your own food whenever you're hungry.

I completely understand the woman's feelings even though OP's narration lacks detail. Food no dey that house FFS! The least you could do is volunteer to make something for the full house, upon the approval of whoever has been making food for everyone. In a house where the maid makes food for everyone, courtesy demands that you get her approval!
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Teleprompter(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Everyone should learn to respect boundaries and not feel entitled.

If your brother was sharing a flat with a friend or co-worker where they share things, it would be right for you to consider the other person's feelings in your actions.

We all have different ideologies. Some kind some things while others don't mind them but in all my dealings I try not to be too assumptions or entitled.

When I was newly married, his siblings would use his towel and I did not like it because I also use his towel when I like but then, I did not show my disapproval for fear of being misjudged.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Prettiepearlz(f): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
olabrinks:
I’m not being funny but women born after 1990 should not have this stupid olden day mentality of the “kitchen belongs to me only”. It’s weird and stupid. The Kitchen does not belong to the wife of the house, if someone is hungry and they want to cook, let them cook. If someone wants to bath will they ask for permission before using the bathroom? What nonsense.
Finally! A comment I agree with. This whole my kitchen, my cooking pots, my this, my that nonsense has been over flogged. Damn! Since when is a kitchen personalized? Should people also ask for permission to do the dishes in 'madam's kitchen'. Except OP left out the major details in his story, I don't see an issue here. There should only be an issue if he left the place messy or cooked up the whole food with nothing left for the others to eat. But to each their own and now that the OP knows his sister in law doesn't appreciate him cooking in 'her kitchen', he should respect himself.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Prettiepearlz(f): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Double0h7:

I'm as shocked as you are. I feel sick reading some of the comments on this thread. It's just another way to oppress someone. I couldn't imagine somebody being hungry in my home and constantly asking me for permission to eat! Like wtf!
I am perplexed as well. Someone even mention going into a woman's kitchen is the same as stripping her naked undecided. Like WTH Since when is the kitchen a woman's covering? cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by 234GT(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
tolakush92:
Would she have done the same way to her male sibling ? I guess no and I’ve been living with them for several months

You don't even have a business living with them in the first place.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by dotedote: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2022
Be like say diswan na your remix o

Acidosis:

What would you say you're trying to do when you walk into the kitchen to cook for your own mouth knowing very well that everyone else in the house is just as hungry as you are? What sort of devilish and selfish hunger is that?

If I cook for you every day in my house and then you decide to feed ONLY yourself while everyone else is just as hungry, you will have to pack your load the next morning and vacate my house. That's a selfish behaviour. Even if you don't leave, you'll have to keep making your own food whenever you're hungry.

I completely understand the woman's feelings even though OP's narration lacks detail. Food no dey that house FFS! The least you could do is volunteer to make something for the full house, upon the approval of whoever has been making food for everyone. In a house where the maid makes food for everyone, courtesy demands that you get her approval!
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Chidi2022: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
OMOJOHN001:
Shameless Fuul

I just detest this kind of people, TUEEEH ON YOUR FACE.

You're in your brother's house and you're cooking Okra and Eba,as a Glutton that you are, TUEEEH ONCE AGAIN ON YOUR FACE.

Why can't you just go out and get yourself a meal to eat for that moment, to avoid see finish.

HRM Eleba of Eba land, HRM Igwe garri of Garri Kingdom.

As a real niggar that I am, Nobody will come to my house to drag kitchen with my wife and children on no condition. Except my little kid sister's and Mom. Any male I caught in such act will regret his actions. TUEEEH.
Ever since i came across this comment here, i screenshot it.. anything i want to laugh, i read it again....guy you dey vex oooh. .Eleba of eba land .... Igwe garri of garri kingdom...
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by OMOJOHN001: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
Chidi2022:
Ever since i came across this comment here, i screenshot it.. anything i want to laugh, i read it again....guy you dey vex oooh. .Eleba of eba land .... Igwe garri of garri kingdom...

BOSS, we need to talk senses into their head na
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Chidi2022: 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
OMOJOHN001:

BOSS, we need to talk senses into their head na
lol.... you are very funny....
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Pootle: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
you sef dey fall man hand o...u enter stove dey run soup

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Core Arsenal Couple Celebrate Their Wedding In An Amazing Way (Photo) / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do / 2 Pregnant Friends Pose With Their Baby Bumps (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.