Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? (46583 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2021
TheStakeHolder:
You've done nothing wrong.

When next you go there, without permission, locate their tubers of yam. Cook and make pounded yam. Locate their soup and enjoy your life. After all it's your brother's house.

Alainilakaye.

lipsrsealed

You a cerified and verified WAYRAY

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2021
Mood11:
Go and rent your own house undecided
That's the only place you are allowed to swim in and out of the kitchen without permission.

Since you don't know that there is something called unwritten rule and one of such is that you don't go into a family kitchen without their consent.

I hope to rent mine soonest bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
It is wisdom to not overassume your rights, and your place in people's lives.

Your post suggests that you recently started living with them. You should have observed, and let the owners of the house directly or indirectly communicate to you how they want things in their home to be run.

As a rule, too, you should understand that most women are possessive of their kitchen. You shouldn't have made those assumptions that led you to cooking food in somebody's house without first seeking permission.

Mind you I didn’t just start living with them
And this is possibly the first time I’ll. Be cooking okra in her kitchen after several months of living with the family . What I cook often is noodles when I don’t like the family menu for the day
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Mariangeles(f): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Would she have done the same way to her male sibling ? I guess no and I’ve been living with them for several months

Since you've been living with them for several months, have you ever witnessed her male siblings have unrestricted access to the kitchen?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Youngsage: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Did any of your dad's sibling enter your mom's kitchen to cook without permission? Better drop the "my brother" house mentality

That was a generation ago undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2021
I believe one should be able to enter t he kitchen and cook what he likes so far he replaces or replenishes when need be

Na Old and African mentality to feel it’s wrong to cook in my brothers kitchen

I feel as a family and I’m no a stranger

If it were the other way around I wouldn’t have felt bad after all we are one family and everything is based on love

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2021
Mariangeles:

Since you've been living with them for several months, have you ever witnessed her male siblings have unrestricted access to the kitchen?

Bro her male sibling is faraway
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by NtiObaEneke(f): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You cook okra soup for only yourself or for the entire household? undecided

Did you also purchase your own ingredients or did you use groceries already in the house to do this? undecided

Is your brother an extremely rich man or does his house also operate on a food budget like most homes do? undecided

And lastly, did you at least clean up after yourself or did you expect that his wife will clean up for you? undecided

The way I see it, there isn't nothing wrong with cooking even if in a friend's house. However, there could be everything wrong with how you do it. undecided
This emoticon ' undecided' has suffered in your hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Sterope(f): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2021
Very weird and very stupid.
olabrinks:
I’m not being funny but women born after 1990 should not have this stupid olden day mentality of the “kitchen belongs to me only”. It’s weird and stupid. The Kitchen does not belong to the wife of the house, if someone is hungry and they want to cook, let them cook. If someone wants to bath will they ask for permission before using the bathroom? What nonsense.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by hisexcellency34: 9:54am On Nov 10, 2021
Nothing bad. Just tidy up the kitchen and wash the plates after cooking
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Getdabag: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2021
You entered her kitchen without telling her what next maybe enter their bedroom in the midnight without knocking

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by lacidi: 9:56am On Nov 10, 2021
signature2012:
Some Nigerian women always in look for problem where none never existed.

Is my kitchen.

Is my husband house.

Is my house so long I am married to your brother.

Some of you don’t know what these siblings have been through.
How they live in their home before you got married to the dude.

Make God catch you,your mother in law intervene and start hating you.You will now start accusing the devil wrongly.

Some of the advisers above are still single looking for a man to call their own.

Every mallam with his kettle.

It’s well…

It's NOT Is.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by lomprico(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Good evening nlders I’ll be very brief and precise .This thing has been bothering my mind and I felt I should seek for reasonable and experienced opinions from senior men them on this forum .

The issue is .. is it a bad thing to cook in my Brothers house (although he has a wife and kids ) .His wife felt bad yesterday cus I cooked small okra and Eba cus I was hungry . The only food she likes me to cook in her kitchen is indomie . I feel if there Is love what’s there if I cook anything I want to eat in the kitchen .must I always take permission to cook

Pls I want to know if it’s right or wrong

Front page pls

was the food for everyone or just for yourself?
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by MrKShoes(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Interested in your general wellness?

Do you want to boost your sexual vitality and also enjoy the taste of chocolate milk?

Check signature to learn more

She (or he) will thank you for making the right choice!

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 10, 2021
That's women for you.
They never complain whenever they have their siblings around.
The MOMENT, husband's relatives arrive, they start a special scrutiny, looking out for mistakes so as to send them out.

Their Relatives can mess up their matrimonial apartment, they wouldn't mind.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by jeff1607(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2021
All shades of wrong, the KITCHEN is sacred to woman, if you want to use it ask the wife or stay in your house.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by yellowgarri2(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:
Good evening nlders I’ll be very brief and precise .This thing has been bothering my mind and I felt I should seek for reasonable and experienced opinions from senior men them on this forum .

The issue is .. is it a bad thing to cook in my Brothers house (although he has a wife and kids ) .His wife felt bad yesterday cus I cooked small okra and Eba cus I was hungry . The only food she likes me to cook in her kitchen is indomie . I feel if there Is love what’s there if I cook anything I want to eat in the kitchen .must I always take permission to cook

Front page pls
Ogbeni appreciate that woman, my elder brother's wife will never cook for me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by stevenosa(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Front page pls

You get problem. What is your own with your married brother wife kitchen? If she says it is only indomie you are allowed to cook in HER kitchen, why break her law?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Mariangeles(f): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Bro her male sibling is faraway

Even if he did, that would be crossing boundaries and disrespectful to your brother in his home, don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by BigYash: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Front page pls
Maybe your own food sweet pass her own... You don fall her hand grin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by gleamy(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2021
It's simple.. It's your brother's home.. If his wife is not pleased with what you do, the best is to leave amicably...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2021
Am a senior man so listen. ...

You did nothing bad in cooking in your brothers house but know that he is no longer your brother but our brother and a woman owns that kitchen now. If the wife feels bad perhaps you guys are not dat close n no bond yet so she still see you as an intruder n feels unhappy. Dont let it weight you down, just habe a heart to heart talk woth her n clear all her irrational feelings about it. You will see, she will laugh over it n get to be very veey close to her n she will be more free n even allow you use her make up too cheesy
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by seunny4lif(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2021
Your write up show say you never marry
signature2012:
Some Nigerian women always in look for problem where none never existed.

Is my kitchen.

Is my husband house.

Is my house so long I am married to your brother.

Some of you don’t know what these siblings have been through.
How they live in their home before you got married to the dude.

Make God catch you,your mother in law intervene and start hating you.You will now start accusing the devil wrongly.

Some of the advisers above are still single looking for a man to call their own.

Every mallam with his kettle.

It’s well…

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by joyandfaith: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2021
tolakush92:

Front page pls

Beware of bedroom and kitchen of married women. Both are like private parts of the body to them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by olisaEze(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2021
If u bought ur own ingredients & took permission from her then it’s cool. But if u didn’t then u need to show her more respect. In a twinkling of an eye she can get ur broda to stop u from barging into her home, which is what ure doing. She’s got her own nutrition plan for her family and doesn’t need anyone shorting her groceries just because they’ve got a craving for okra. U nor get kitchen for ya own house ni, abi u nor get house? She has kids, & from ur 2nd paragraph u obviously didn’t factor in anyone but yasef in the eba x soup (what kind of uncle/aunty do u want ur nieces/nephews to see u as sef). It’s ur broda & his wife’s house, ure not a co-owner (pls note that down) before u leave her with the impression that if anything should ever happen to ur broda, u’ll coman start dragging property with her kids.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by McOluOmo: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
Very wrong, its same as stripping her naked. kitchen is a private business strictly for the madam of the house and only with her permission can you go into her kitchen to cook, you should have simply demanded that which you cooked for yourself from her,at least you have that right.
Let us assume that the OP is the woman's brother.....is she gonna complain?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by BigYash: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
stevenosa:

You get problem. What is your own with your married brother wife kitchen? If she says it is only indomie you are allowed to cook in HER kitchen, why break her law?
Read what you just wrote.. Na una type dey make some women turn god for una houses.. What's wrong with cooking in the kitchen? If say she give op food in the first place,will he or she go to the kitchen? Make the wife go hug transformer if she wants.. If na her sibling ,will she react like that?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by jacoik(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
I think it's because you didn't wash the pot and tidy the kitchen after cooking that's why she is angry, if not so I don't see anything there because he was your brother before she came as a wife
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by Mariangeles(f): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
joyandfaith:

Beware of bedroom and kitchen of married women. Both are like private parts of the body to them.

Hehehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by mauchiz: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Is your brother, we understand, but he is now married, the kitchen belongs to the wife, next time seek her consent before going into her kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by aragon4realz(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
she is not feeling bad about what you cooked but how you cooked it ,you might have wasted her food item for the whole month,maybe you cook like fast food restaurants but she cooks like road side buka,pls don't quote me or you get banned immediately

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? by schoolboymatt(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2021
your brother's wife is a bush woman.

if she requires that you seek permission before using "HER KITCHEN", for the sake of peace please do.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

16 Pictures Of African Dads At Weddings That Will Make You Delighted / I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / Help! My Woman Caught Red Handedly Romancing Another Man Publicly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.