Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134783 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^
Bros, I keep my hands cross o!!!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:13am On Aug 16, 2011
Lookiing nice
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Kokopos(m): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
oga spyder, how do u do today? pls keep the good work going. i called u on on sunday and sent a message on your other thread but no reply yet. the question i asked is whether u have a plan close to this specifications; six bed room duplex with a sitting room, dinning room, waiting room, small bar, 2 rooms all ensuite, kitchen and store on the ground floor and a master's bed room, 3 other rooms all ensuite, family lounge and a study all on the up floor. thanks while i await your response.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2011
Oga spyder880,, pls what is the name of those planks that u are using??
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2011
love the pix. well done on the progress
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by omobashua1: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ spyder 880,i am curious to see u duplicate this in lagos,am telling u there is a market for all,be it luxurious housing or affordable one, u have alot of followers out here that have alot of project in lag.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Rastaman20, that wood is the 'agba gum' the saw mill cut version of it. The ones cut locally are not as wide in width as these ones I bought. This wood is stronger than some decking woods.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2011
@kokopos, I will paste a plan for a 5 bedroom neat duplex on the 6 bedroom thread later this night, I cannot scan the plans so I will take pictures of it and upload.

@ omobashua, Lagos is the ultimate destination of business in Nigeria and I hope to be there one day, but I first want to 'cut my teeth' in a less intense city before launching out. Maybe in a few years time.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2011
spyder880:

@Rastaman20, that wood is the 'agba gum' the saw mill cut version of it. The ones cut locally are not as wide in width as these ones I bought. This wood is stronger than some decking woods.

Thanks for that information, i was confused when i saw it, becuase ti looks like Orij wood.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2011
Keep up the good work, Pal
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ Rastaman20, the orji wood is very expensive, N1000 per plank as against this one which I bought for N600 (saw mill) my client could use the extra money in another area.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2011
@spyder880.Among the two, which one is the best??
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
rastaman20:

@spyder880.Among the two, which one is the best??

The orji wood is not always used to do deckings and lintels in a house, the orji wood is mostly used by furniture makers who use them to make chairs and strong cabinets or many other forms of wood work. The price is high and thats why builders avoid it and use other substitutes which will hold the deck.

The agba wood is very strong. There are various species of the agba wood, we have the
agba gum
agba white
agba red (also used by furniture makers, price as of yesterday is N800)

I prefare to use the agba gum because it is very thick and can be reused several times. It is this agba gum that I used to do deck in my house but its very expensive at the market I bought then. I bought my own for N750 and this one I found for N600 in another distant market. Agba will do this decking very well.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2011
ok, so we will use agba gum then,
thanks for the highlights.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Updatesssssssssss
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Ferya(f): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^ Yes oh!
Come to class everybody oh! grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by atasteve: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
spyder880:

The orji wood is not always used to do deckings and lintels in a house, the orji wood is mostly used by furniture makers who use them to make chairs and strong cabinets or many other forms of wood work. The price is high and thats why builders avoid it and use other substitutes which will hold the deck.

The agba wood is very strong. There are various species of the agba wood, we have the
agba gum
agba white
agba red (also used by furniture makers, price as of yesterday is N800)

I prefare to use the agba gum because it is very thick and can be reused several times. It is this agba gum that I used to do deck in my house but its very expensive at the market I bought then. I bought my own for N750 and this one I found for N600 in another distant market. Agba will do this decking very well.

Sir Spyder880, thanks for the quick class.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
The sand and gravel you see being offloaded on the site has been paid for and is part of the cost updates I showed earlier. They delayed the supply and I have been running after them to bring the materials for me. I am still getting everything ready for a hitch free decking work, no need running helter skelter on the day the deck will be done.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
well done @spyder880, the work is coming in fast.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
Thank you rastaman,

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
Thanks for the update
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
The carpenters are still doing this deck. I want them to be slow and sure of the quality, more pictures by tomorrow. We intend to start doing the staicase and archs by saturday, meanwhile we have to start the projecting deck as soon as possibe. There will be 2 pillars outside the house, we already have the baskets for the pillars made and ready for use. We only need to buy a few rods to form the pillar rods then these carpenters can box he rods with wood and we can then stand the outer pillars. I am still contemplating either to stand the pillar with a POP designed pillar or just cast an 8" x 8" concrete cast and then do the deck, later on we can choose the good POP designs and coat the naked pillars. I will discuss this with my client later on.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
With all these being slow and steady . . . How soon do you think they will be done?
Wont that be added cost to the building and affect the budget?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by johnboyy(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2011
Greetings Oga Spider and fellow students.

I stumbled on this thread a short while ago and tell you what, I'm now emboldened to finally get that retirement home done in Enugu.

Oga Spider, thank you for your time and willingness to share with us:

May I take the liberty to contact you in the coming days?.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
spyder880:

The carpenters are still doing this deck. I want them to be slow and sure of the quality, more pictures by tomorrow. We intend to start doing the staicase and archs by saturday, meanwhile we have to start the projecting deck as soon as possibe. There will be 2 pillars outside the house, we already have the baskets for the pillars made and ready for use. We only need to buy a few rods to form the pillar rods then these carpenters can box he rods with wood and we can then stand the outer pillars. I am still contemplating either to stand the pillar with a POP designed pillar or just cast an 8" x 8" concrete cast and then do the deck, later on we can choose the good POP designs and coat the Unclad pillars. I will discuss this with my client later on.

Recently i have come across ready made pillars by some blocks industries, please what are the disadvantages of buying them and using them to support in a building?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ Johnnyboyy, please feel free to call or mail me, will be expecting correspondence from you.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
johnboyy:

Greetings Oga Spider and fellow students.

I stumbled on this thread a short while ago and tell you what, I'm now emboldened to finally get that retirement home done in Enugu.

Oga Spider, thank you for your time and willingness to share with us:

May I take the liberty to contact you in the coming days?.

You all are making me to wanna fall in love with Enugu oh . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^^ I don't know if I will ever leave Enugu, I just love the city, am now at the ecumenical school junction with friends, savouring the best of the evening with friends. Lovely views and sights from Zion hills centre. Coooooool and classy, even if I stay here till 2am in the morning, security is guaranteed.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Trustworth(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2011
Spyder,
Na wah 4 U!!!!!. Abeg borrow me small snese make I fit dey understand like Fhemmy and others. B4 I understand one, U don add join am!!!

Well done for a great job. Honestly, U tooooooo moooosh!!!!!!!!

Can I get a land to buy in the Ecume area? Hw much? Am very interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna