Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? (30332 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by BRATISLAVA: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
fxexperts:

So what can buy happiness or what special role does your female gender offer to the family. Cooking, cleaning or washing of the children cloths, And why cant the female gender see beyond that. I can hire a housemaid to do all that, nothing special about all that. You think its only mothers who play with their kids these days. I for one do play with my kids a lot, when ever i am around, and they prefer me to their mother when ever i am around.

You are forgetting father are the ones who advice's and guide the children on the right part. while mother always spoil them.

Fathers and mothers can take on any role for the stability of the family. To advertise fatherhood in only the realm of money is a sign of no understanding of true fatherhood.

The way you people try hard to aggrandize men and trivialize women, one begins to suspect you come from broken homes or there are much deeper issues.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So Single mothers and fathers around the world over who handle all those things on her own and more are what? undecided
we are talking about stay at home mothers,not single parents. Please stay on topic

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Angeldemon:

You girls are just lazy nowadays. All the grammar in the world wont change that.
why you dont meet men with such mindset in real life is because men nowadays have decided not to tell you babaes anything. They just observe if youre one of these modern mindset kind of girls and decide your not for loongterm plans.
Thats why theres an all time high number of single women aging. It has nothing to do with you ladies being wiser. If anything its the foolishness of modern girls that is keeping men away from you all and causing divorces because all the things men used to ignore, and pity you ladies over, they now refuse to ignore it since you girls have decided to become worse.

Guy marry your own and make her a slave. Let her birth 6 children for you, keep a full time job with no help.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
fxexperts:

Please don't use this fish brain to marry somebody son. you are obviously a kid who knows nothing about married, but be ranting up and down like a deranged dog.

E pain am cheesy tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
we are talking about stay at home mothers,not single parents. Please stay on topic
In that case, i suggest you pay attention since I already ironed that linen out in my initial post...

There are career men and women who work from home handling pretty much similar workload as house wife use to, this in addition to their career work load out there. undecided

I recently visited a lawyer who runs her business from her home. She is able to deal with 3 children under age 8 and still attend to her clients and children's daily activities at that. undecided

So, unless the housewife homeschools all her kids, I don't see how anyone can clearly say that housewives work more than career women, particularly in the world of today. undecided

If what you are looking for is a pat on the back, you won't get it from me
. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Munzy14(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Our mothers and grandmother did it gang cheesy

You have still not answered the question. Just give an insight to how a woman with a full time job should do it without any single help whatsoever. She's working on the island and lives on the mainland. And the children school on the mainland. Don't beat about the bush. Just explain.

Your mum went on her lunch break to watch you guys. Ok. So how do I go from VI to surulere or gbagada during my lunch break.

Your mum was probably working next door and didn't face this Lagos traffic. But you want to use her situation to judge today's situation. You don't sound very smart.

It's obvious you don't live in the real world. In your head, you are naively describing an ideal situation. Open your eyes and look around you! You are not in the 80s man.
Indomie generation mothers will always think everyone resides in lagos and must face lagos traffic and wahala..That is a dumb way of thinking.. lipsrsealed

Same reality you are facing now, and lamenting, some mothers are doing it and smiling genuinely..

If you feel marriage is a burden you quit.

Look around, ask those ahead of you in the parenting world, how they navigated the burden...You sound too proud..

Pride goes before a fall...They said if you bend down you will see ABA..

Put down your shoulder, look around and ask....Any where or position you are now, someone passed through there..Not just someone, a mother.

Ndi woke happening mothers. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Indomie generation mothers will always think everyone resides in lagos and must face lagos traffic and wahala..That is a dumb way of thinking.. lipsrsealed

Same reality you are facing now, and lamenting, some mothers are doing it and smiling genuinely..

If you feel marriage is a burden you quit.

Look around, ask those ahead of you in the parenting world, how they navigated the burden...You sound too proud..

Pride goes before a fall...They said if you bend down you will see ABA..

Put down your shoulder, look around and ask....Any where or position you are now, someone passed through there..Not just someone, a mother.

Ndi woke happening mothers. lipsrsealed

You just shot yourself in the foot. Don't you think it is a dumb way of thinking for you to compare someone staying in Lagos, dealing with the peculiarities of Lagos issues with someone staying in a less stressful city? No, you were not thinking.

You are obviously talking hypothetically as a single person. Because you don't sound like you have knowledge of what you speak of. But if you are married, my good wishes to your wife.

You can do your wife as you wish. Let her have 7 children and work full time with no one to help. Let me enjoy my marriage the way it is.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Topiscoola: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
They have realised there miskakes
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Munzy14(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

You just shot yourself in the foot. Don't you think it is a dumb way of thinking for you to compare someone staying in Lagos, dealing with the peculiarities of Lagos issues with someone staying in a less stressful city? No, you were not thinking.

You are obviously talking hypothetically as a single person. Because you don't sound like you have knowledge of what you speak of. But if you are married, my good wishes to your wife.

You can do your wife as you wish. Let her have 7 children and work full time with no one to help. Let me enjoy my marriage the way it is.

K
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Klass99(f): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Klass99:

Your entire post made me smile, especially the bolded and last paragraph.

Buka once said their mindsets are transcending into wizardry Lol grin I think she was right!

I agree. It's their hatred and prejudice towards women that plays out.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
In that case, i suggest you pay attention since I already ironed that linen out in my initial post...

There are career men and women who work from home handling pretty much similar workload as house wife use to, this in addition to their career work load out there. undecided

I recently visited a lawyer who runs her business from her home. She is able to deal with 3 children under age 8 and still attend to her clients and children's daily activities at that. undecided

So, unless the housewife homeschools all her kids, I don't see how anyone can clearly say that housewives work more than career women, particularly in the world of today. undecided

. undecided
you are incorrigible. Housewives work more than career women. That's why career women would not be housewives.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
you are incorrigible. Housewives work more than career women. That's why career women would not be housewives.

. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Proflere: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hathor5:

In other words, you are using her. undecided
Well she is using me too. But then, I am feeling bad about it honestly. I just don't know how to let her know about it without breaking her heart( which is what I fear the most). Nevertheless, I will still try to make it work!
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Guzx: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
Oh
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

As usual, the only sacrifices a man will point out are monetary ones and act as if that is his blood being shed for his family. And men are still surprised that their wives are remembered more than they are in their old age.

When will men realize that money isn't everything and that selling his watch to send his daughter to school is his responsibility and not a blood sharing sacrifice?

Without the money, what does the man bring to his family?

Providing + not cheating is the standard the person set for a good husband. wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Their mothers were superwomen who could be in several locations at the same time. They were omnipresent cheesy

That is the scope they will use for the women they want to suffer with them. Their mothers did it.

Babe sometimes I have their time, plus the mindset is so mind boggling. Funny thing is that I have not met such people in the real world. They must be living under rocks.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Angeldemon: 3:57am On Nov 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

Guy marry your own and make her a slave. Let her birth 6 children for you, keep a full time job with no help.

The ones that have happy marriages are not slaves they're just responsible and thats why they're happier than you so-called woke babes because you cant cheat nature.
If you were raised in a responsible home it wont be alien to you so its not your fault it is.
Today learn that it isnt slavery when it comes to taking care of your family. They are your responsibility.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 4:59am On Nov 14, 2021
Angeldemon:

The ones that have happy marriages are not slaves they're just responsible and thats why they're happier than you so-called woke babes because you cant cheat nature.
If you were raised in a responsible home it wont be alien to you so its not your fault it is.
Today learn that it isnt slavery when it comes to taking care of your family. They are your responsibility.

You that you were raised in a responsible home where women are slaves (since that's your idea of responsible home), please marry your own and make life difficult for her. Don't try to simplify anything o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Beze992(f): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2021
MNDY:

Your gender na Adult-Children. Yes, men are logical in reasoning and your gender are emotional in reasoning.

Oh no! I'm not asking about the entire male race, it's just you in particular. Are your reasoning logical or emotional, or does it even measure up? Don't bother answering, I already have my answer up there from your generalization. The truth is that it's really not a gender thing, there's still some men out there that their sense of reasoning will have you shaking your head, same applies to women.......... Word of advice, underestimate most women at your own peril and honestly you still have major work to do before you start having this sense of superiority.................... Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by 2kurupt(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Folly. A man, and a woman can build a great home. Both of them can join hands and reap the benefits of marriage. You all should stop making marriage look like an unending battlefield.

As you make your bed......

Words on marble.

Lately I don't quite get the negative narratives aimed at trying to de-market the marriage institution on Nairaland.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Angeldemon: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
ImaIma1:

You that you were raised in a responsible home where women are slaves (since that's your idea of responsible home), please marry your own and make life difficult for her. Don't try to simplify anything o.

Since you know i was raise in a responsible home so its obvious id make a responsible man.
but for you clearly identifying as an irresponsible slay queen its clear you will make life difficult for any man that makes mistake to be with you.
better dont raise your child with that irresponsible mindset. This world already has enough uselessly behaved women
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Babalola0920: 3:25am On Nov 15, 2021
To be FRANK most of us men LACK MANNER of how to lived with women especially not appreciating them. Some men does that seriously but I no go fit blame too much na the country
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Nov 15, 2021
Babalola0920:
To be FRANK most of us men LACK MANNER of how to lived with women especially not appreciating them. Some men does that seriously but I no go fit blame too much na the country
Country do wetin? You do realize the country is the way it is today because of the people and the way they are. undecided
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by MNDY(m): 6:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Beze992:

Oh no! I'm not asking about the entire male race, it's just you in particular. Are your reasoning logical or emotional, or does it even measure up? Don't bother answering, I already have my answer up there from your generalization. The truth is that it's really not a gender thing, there's still some men out there that their sense of reasoning will have you shaking your head, same applies to women.......... Word of advice, underestimate most women at your own peril and honestly you still have major work to do before you start having this sense of superiority.................... Enjoy the rest of your day.

Women own na follow-come.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2021
Angeldemon:

Since you know i was raise in a responsible home so its obvious id make a responsible man.
but for you clearly identifying as an irresponsible slay queen its clear you will make life difficult for any man that makes mistake to be with you.
better dont raise your child with that irresponsible mindset. This world already has enough uselessly behaved women

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that "irresponsible slay queen" has her wedding anniversary today. tongue

...and my children have a better mindset than you love. They won't be simple and small minded in their thinking. They will think big and enjoy the abundance of God, while you are there thinking of how to frustrate life for one innocent woman who will key into your small mindedness.

But it's ok. You will always be what you think and believe. You can't grow bigger than what you proclaim.

Take care and try to expand your mind. Life is a lot more than your environment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by fxexperts: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2021
Babalola0920:

Speak for yourself. I doubt if you are even married self.

BRATISLAVA:

Fathers and mothers can take on any role for the stability of the family. To advertise fatherhood in only the realm of money is a sign of no understanding of true fatherhood.

The way you people try hard to aggrandize men and trivialize women, one begins to suspect you come from broken homes or there are much deeper issues.

Trust me. my parents are still together enjoying themselves, with their Grand children as well.
I know you are a woman. married i guess not. You are the one who need to think deeper. because i believe you were raised by a single mother, because your arguments has always been one-sided. I think you have a problem with a male gender.

ImaIma1:

E pain am cheesy tongue

Not as much as e pain u.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hathor5:

How does your comment relate to what I have said?
Because you delight in divorce
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
shaybebaby:

But I am lucky, I work from home so I could still work. But in addition to that, had to cook during the workday, provide snacks and homeschool all whilst working. But many don't have that luxury so pray tell, doesn't that put them in a position where they have to sacrifice one for the other?

Do men EVER have to make that choice? My job or my kids?

So tell me, how would you balance that if you were the OP?

It's more like My job or my family for most men except they are just irresponsible.

From the day a man is married, everything about his life is divided, Kids take part and Wife take part. Time is divided and money is super divided too. You can no longer work long hours because you need to go home & spend time with family.

Opportunities can not be fully explored if It becomes threatening to the family. For example, if you get a job in Ghana for twice your pay and you live in Nigeria, the countries are quite close. You can easily pick up such opportunities when single but you can't when married. Those men who travel to Europe / America and leave their families behind end up losing out eventually.

Marriage is only easy for men for those that have found their purpose before marriage, not after.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Angeldemon: 12:05am On Nov 16, 2021
ImaIma1:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that "irresponsible slay queen" has her wedding anniversary today. tongue

...and my children have a better mindset than you love. They won't be simple and small minded in their thinking. They will think big and enjoy the abundance of God, while you are there thinking of how to frustrate life for one innocent woman who will key into your small mindedness.

But it's ok. You will always be what you think and believe. You can't grow bigger than what you proclaim.

Take care and try to expand your mind. Life is a lot more than your environment.

Anniversary doesnt mean youre still not irresponsible. Is it not everyday here we see news of married people acting foolish.
That advise you gave you should use for yourself because you need it more seeing your outlook to life and your emphasis on "suffering".
It shows you were raised in poverty thats why you're constantly so afraid of going back to it that even issues that aren't about suffering you make them about it

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2021
Angeldemon:

Anniversary doesnt mean youre still not irresponsible. Is it not everyday here we see news of married people acting foolish.
That advise you gave you should use for yourself because you need it more seeing your outlook to life and your emphasis on "suffering".
It shows you were raised in poverty thats why you're constantly so afraid of going back to it that even issues that aren't about suffering you make them about it

Your hasty conclusions shows one thing...but I won't mention it. You can stay there and keep assuming and thinking your situation and mine are the same, that's your own kettle of fish.

Get married and get your own experience. All this hypothetical reasoning and ITK on what you haven't even entered is not going to help you.

One more thing...I wish you foolishness and irresponsibility in your marriage cheesy grin.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Angeldemon: 12:01am On Nov 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your hasty conclusions shows one thing...but I won't mention it. You can stay there and keep assuming and thinking your situation and mine are the same, that's your own kettle of fish.

Get married and get your own experience. All this hypothetical reasoning and ITK on what you haven't even entered is not going to help you.

One more thing...I wish you foolishness and irresponsibility in your marriage cheesy grin.

Just like you're already experiencing in your marriage and with your husband right? No wonder youre on nairaland sounding so bitter always cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her / Nigerian Woman Disowns Her 53-year-old Son Through Newspaper Advert. Photo / Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.