Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request (25881 Views)

Sowore Reacts To Atiku's Arise Interview. Questions Him On $16 Billion For Power / Roads: 5 States To Get N148bn Refund As Senate Approves Buhari's Request / Senate Approves Buhari’s Request To Raise Fresh N850bn Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by adamsmith914: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ovamboland:

How do you make the economy self sustaining without good infrastructure for crying out loud. Don't be wowed by the goodluck of continously rising oil price till it got to peak and crashed.
Except you can point to one economic policy independent of high oil prices that created some stability in the economy.

Goodluck can take an economy thus far and will run out soon.
Don’t mind that Mumu, dullard that knows nothing about economics.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by adamsmith914: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
nairaman66:

There was a structure before they came into power. Your premise is, everything should be raised except standard of living?

Can you honestly tell the improvement this government has done since it came into power? Don’t give me all those media bullshittt of building rail lines and bridges, or the east west road! I mean real economic development that is sustainable in the lives of Nigerians.

At the moment, basic commodities that were accessible before are not within the reach of of even average Nigerians.
So in your system of democracy it is only the Federal Government’s Fault, what of the States & Local Governments that share money every month with the Federal Government?,

The States & Local Governments have no role to play in your Federal system of Government, theirs is just to collect free allocation every month, with no accountability & nothing to show? Because it was The President that appointed your Governor & Local Government executives? Mr Man please think objectively or keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by nairaman66(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
adamsmith914:
So in your system of democracy it is only the Federal Government’s Fault, what of the States & Local Governments that share money every month with the Federal Government?,

The States & Local Governments have no role to play in your Federal system of Government, theirs is just to collect free allocation every month, with no accountability & nothing to show? Because it was The President that appointed your Governor & Local Government executives? Mr Man please think objectively or keep quiet.

Just like a zombie, you couldn’t say anything reasonable
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by nairaman66(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
adamsmith914:
Almajirin, your state & Local Government is closest to you, what have they done to improve your life? Charity they say begins @ home.

I imagine the geographical space I share with people dumb like cows. A pathetic story
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Habib101: 12:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

That's why you may remain small for life. Do you know the billions in debt held by Dangote, Otedola, Elumelu etc. That's why the most indebted countries are also with the highest debt.
There's no very poor country with big debt in the world.
That's a different aspect my brother, if u are putting it in a business aspect or infrastructural development that will benefit a country is different ball game one of the ways for growth be it personal business or a country's GDP when they are out of options and is going to affect the books of account putting them in a tight situation one of the options is to borrow, there's no problem with that but u should do it base on inference,thus it is not dashing is borrowing
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Ovamboland(m): 1:58am On Nov 13, 2021
Habib101:

That's a different aspect my brother, if u are putting it in a business aspect or infrastructural development that will benefit a country is different ball game one of the ways for growth be it personal business or a country's GDP when they are out of options and is going to affect the books of account putting them in a tight situation one of the options is to borrow, there's no problem with that but u should do it base on inference,thus it is not dashing is borrowing

How much of this $16bn is not tied to infrastructure or very critical projects that will benefit ordinary nigerians and businesses?

If you can point this out let us criticize it together. But a blanket assertion that loans must not be collected as some are saying here is short sighted.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by gare(f): 2:10am On Nov 13, 2021
aremuforlife:
Nobody should come here and crucify the Buhari lead government on loan, we need as much loan as we can get to bridge the gap in our infrastructures. We are saw the loan they got for the train, it's working and we need more of it.
Most of the developed countries today did same centuries ago with the aid of slavery.

But you know very well that half of the loan is going into the pocket of the politicians or it would be used for the 2023 election by APC.

Ok what exactly are the legacy projects? When we still don't have regular Power supply. What is More important than that, as long as we can not handle that issue of power there will be no meaningful development in the country.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by aremuforlife(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2021
gare:

But you know very well that half of the loan is going into the pocket of the politicians or it would be used for the 2023 election by APC.

Ok what exactly are the legacy projects? When we still don't have regular Power supply. What is More important than that, as long as we can not handle that issue of power there will be no meaningful development in the country.
You shouldn't believe only on the spread propaganda, you should do your research diligently, this present government has proof beyond expectation, their loans are attached to project, they don't collect to cash but loan to infrastructures.
On electricity, if you have been following the details, you would have known that the pass government has sign a very difficult contract with those that buy NEPA, which is very difficult for this present leadership to terminate their contract for incompetency.
They already have their money for campaign.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Deciceco01: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

Usual childish rant, if God did this and will do that, corrupt this and that. Every problem to you has one single solution and everyone else is foolish except you.

If I had known youre this vacuous I wouldnt have bothered to engage.

Who invited you to engage me in the first place? It is not your desire to defend the borrowing spree of this wicked and failed politicians that draws you to my mention? Now that I told you, may God make your life like the way Nigeria is today you end up being angry and started calling me a child. Did you know me personally, can you stand before God Almighty and repeat what you just addressed me?
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Ovamboland(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2021
gare:

How many percent of the $1.6bn Lagos Ibadan railway project cost ended up in politicians pocket, since you're in the know
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Ovamboland(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2021
Deciceco01:

Who invited you to engage me in the first place? It is not your desire to defend the borrowing spree of this wicked and failed politicians that draws you to my mention? Now that I told you, may God make your life like the way Nigeria is today you end up being angry and started calling me a child. Did you know me personally, can you stand before God Almighty and repeat what you just addressed me?

Is that how you pray to your fake god, no wonder your thinking is so childish and wacky.
Nations go through tough times and make effort to go through and out of it. That's what we are discussing here, on the right way to get out the problems.

But an emotionally unstable person like you will pray to a fake powerless god to make that problem the lot of fellow man just because of disagreement on how to solve the problems. Work on your childish emotions and though process for your own sake.

The true God does not operate like idols that you can use to harm others.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by nairaman66(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:

What sort of kindergarten mentality you as a grown man possess? The federal government is borrowing to fund federal projects and here you are dragging state/local government into this? It is really a difficult time to be a zombie
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Deciceco01: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

Is that how you pray to your fake god, no wonder your thinking is so childish and wacky.
Nations go through tough times and make effort to go through and out of it. That's what we are discussing here, on the right way to get out the problems.

But an emotionally unstable person like you will pray to a fake powerless god to make that problem the lot of fellow man just because of disagreement on how to solve the problems. Work on your childish emotions and though process for your own sake.

Enjoy your life man to the fullest, no qualms, we move.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by gare(f): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ovamboland:

How many percent of the $1.6bn Lagos Ibadan railway project cost ended up in politicians pocket, since you're in the know

Stop talking as if you are the accountant and you can give a detailed account of how the money was spent.

What are the legacy projects that this loan Will be used for?
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by gare(f): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
aremuforlife:

You shouldn't believe only on the spread propaganda, you should do your research diligently, this present government has proof beyond expectation, their loans are attached to project, they don't collect to cash but loan to infrastructures.
On electricity, if you have been following the details, you would have known that the pass government has sign a very difficult contract with those that buy NEPA, which is very difficult for this present leadership to terminate their contract for incompetency.
They already have their money for campaign.

There's is no contract that was signed that is stopping us from generating more power. I don't know if you are in the government, but I don't deal on propaganda, can you simply tell why our refineries Are not working. There are more important projects to embark, nobody is saying don't borrow but it should be used for what Will benefits The people, I believe you don't know more than Obasanjo that complained about the loans, because loans taken doesn't match the infrastructures on ground.

Then stop all this previous government this and that, the reason Why you came into Power was to correct the wrongs of the previous government not make excuses or complain
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by aremuforlife(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
gare:

There's is no contract that was signed that is stopping us from generating more power. I don't know if you are in the government, but I don't deal on propaganda, can you simply tell why our refineries Are not working. There are more important projects to embark, nobody is saying don't borrow but it should be used for what Will benefits The people, I believe you don't know more than Obasanjo that complained about the loans, because loans taken doesn't match the infrastructures on ground.

Then stop all this previous government this and that, the reason Why you came into Power was to correct the wrongs of the previous government not make excuses or complain
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/mambilla-hydropower-project-nigeria/
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Habib101: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=Ovamboland post=107568146]

How much of this $16bn is not tied to infrastructure or very critical projects that will benefit ordinary nigerians and businesses?

If you can point this out let us criticize it together. But a blanket assertion that loans must not be collected as some are saying here is short sighted.[/quot]
Exactly, the lay man in Nigeria always heres big amount of loan that the fd gov has borrowed but he doesn't see it in walks in action of what the loan is meant for.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Habib101: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ovamboland:

If you can point this out let us criticize it together. But a blanket assertion that loans must not be collected as some are saying here is short sighted.

Exactly, the lay man in Nigeria always heres big amount of loan that the fd gov has borrowed but he doesn't see the work or project of the same worth, or even in action of what the loan is meant for.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by rolams(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
All I have to say is hahahahahahaha!

That's a Chinese laugh.
Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by Perfectbeing(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ovamboland:

I kinda understand what this government is doing. It's just a pity that many Nigerians are only seeing the hardship of now and too short sighted to see how good all these loans and policies will be in the long run.. They just complain of the loans but don't bother to do research of what is being done with it and how long what's been done with it will take.. Many of the projects of these loans won't even be completed in this administration. Example is the mambila power project which will be completed in 2030. That's the reason many ask what do they use all these loans for when the answers is just a google search away..
But it's a pity that Buhari may probably not live to see the good part of all these things he has done.. I hope he do see some important ones.

It will do much good if you can open a thread on some of the projects of all these loans, the costs and the time frame they are expected to be completed. It might put some people souls at rest.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Buhari’s $16 Billion, €1 Billion Loans Request by MDK777: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2022
I PRay Your EYES Should Be Open

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu On Track To Become APC Flagbearer As Delegates Endorse Him: Vanguard / Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance / Is This The End Of Boko Haram? - REUTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.