Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

We Are Back In Opobo Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Back In Opobo Again (4023 Views)

No More Igbo Language In Opobo Again / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SaintBishop: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

SMH. Get well soon bro.
I live in Rivers State,I know a lot of Opobo people and trust me,igbo is the last thing they want to associate themselves with.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by horsepower102: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
SaintBishop:
Has any Opobo man or woman come online or offline to say that they are igbos? I don't think so. Keep living in your dreams.

Yes there are several that has come to nairaland in the past. I know one moniker called onyeopobo who is from opobo and never denied opobo is Igbo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SaintBishop: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

Yes there are several that has come to nairaland in the past. I know one moniker called onyeopobo who is from opobo and never denied opobo is Igbo.
Do you know that RobbStark is from Opobo? And he's saying that they are not igbos.

7 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by EmmaJnr1: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
SaintBishop:
Why are you dodging my question?
u b capital MUMU which question

1 Like

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
SaintBishop:

Do you know that RobbStark is from Opobo? And he's saying that they are not igbos.

Robb Stark is just a miscreant bro.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SaintBishop: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

Robb Stark is just a miscreant bro.
lol let me mind my business after all, I am not even from Opobo.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nnaa! This video is non sense.
It more like Ijaw propaganda video.
The narrator was claiming that Ohambele people are Ijaw people, no be juju be that?

A people with the name Ohambele, whose king is "Onye-Nwe-Ala" is an Ijaw man?
What sort of retarded statement is that?

Also he claimed Ohambele wear Ijaw cloth. Well that's not Ijaw cloth, that's a European dress the entire costal people, both Ijaws, Igbos(coastal Igbos) all wore.
Wearing that cloth doesn't make one Ijaw.

He also spoke of similar food.
Of course Ohambele and Ndoki as a whole live in riverine terrain along Imo and Opobo River.
Their diets should naturally be composed chiefly of marine animals as is obtainable in other riverine communities including those in Ogbaru and Anambra LGAs of Anambra state.

Lastly, he said Ohambele speak an adulterated version of Igbo.
What sort of imbecilic statement is that?

Ohambele speak a full blown Igbo dialect called Ndoki Igbo that is spoken all over Ukwa East LGA of Abia state and Oyigbo LGA of Rivers State, including Bonny and Opobo LGAs of Rivers State.
It isn't an adulterated version of Igbo, it is a distinct and intelligible Igbo dialect.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
SaintBishop:
Has any Opobo man or woman come online or offline to say that they are igbos? I don't think so. Keep living in your dreams.
this people are just brain damaged......

Opobo always is Ijaw......... they can lie from here to jamaica, Opobos remain Ijaws.......
There pain and frustrations end only on Nairaland......... let them come to Opobo and explain it

2 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:
RobbStark, Captain8 and mumu General Ditari come and see o! Your lies have been busted again.
Ndi Ala!
I have not heard or seen any Opobo man saying Opobos are igbos...........

Opobos are Ijaw and always are Ijaws......

2 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
Pass11:
After so much nosie of touch them physically our drankers from ijaw are beggingcheesy cheesy
aswear, u dumb pas buhari...... Does that look like a beg to you?

your mumu oba wan die abi?
Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
RobbStark:
Came into this thread to watch a video where someone wud claim being Opobo n at the same time says he is Ibo.
Can't find or read such, rather, normal obsession from a miscreant of the East.

I was even thinking the OP wud say he is in Opobo so that I cud ask him his position lemme visit him, rather somewhere else.
Was I disappointed?? Nah. It's the usual rants n noise.

Bring up all kind of narratives, it changes nothing on ground.

Opobo, Bonny remain Ijaw lands. Until the traditional rulers, people there say otherwise, you and your fellow are still dreaming.
Good nite

long time benawei......
Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:
The narrator was claiming that Ohambele people are Ijaw people, no be juju be that?

Also he claimed Ohambele wear Ijaw cloth. Well that's not Ijaw cloth, that's a European dress the entire costal people, both Ijaws, Igbos(coastal Igbos) all wore.

Of course Ohambele and Ndoki as a whole live in riverine terrain along Imo and Opobo River.
Their diets should naturally be composed chiefly of marine animals as is obtainable in other riverine communities including those in Ogbaru and Anambra LGAs of Anambra state.

Ohambele speak a full blown Igbo dialect called Ndoki Igbo that is spoken all over Ukwa East LGA of Abia state and Oyigbo LGA of Rivers State, including Bonny and Opobo LGAs of Rivers State.
It isn't an adulterated version of Igbo, it is a distinct and intelligible Igbo dialect.

Just use egwu uche to follow such Ijaw agents. If you observe, since the agent is posturing not to be Igbo they kept speaking English to him, indirectly marking him as an outsider.

When one kept speaking to him in Igbo he had to reply in Igbo too, in another video. I deliberately did not detail what exactly was in these videos. Amam ihe m na-eme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
horsepower102:

he is not Opobo but igbo guy pretending.........

Opobos are in all Ijaw social cultural organizations INC, IYC, LINO,

Your pains and frustrations only end online,,,,,,
Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Pass11: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Captain8:
aswear, u dumb pas buhari...... Does that look like a beg to you?

your mumu oba wan die abi?
You still have mouth to talk after telling that you have sinned cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

why are they using Amayanabo Ijaw name for their throne and not eze?

Why are they calling God Tamuno and not chukwu or chineke?

why the compounds in Opobo have Ijaw names and not igbo?

Why are the Opobos in all Ijaw social cultural organizations like INC IYC LINO MOSIEND and not in Ohanaege ndigbo?

stopped been foolish

3 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Pass11:

You still have mouth to talk after telling that you have sinned cheesy cheesy
propaganda from the pit of hell......

if dem born dat una mumu worthless oba very well, make hin go just harass Gelegelegbene people.......

2 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Pass11: 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Captain8:
propaganda from the pit of hell......

if dem born dat una mumu worthless oba very well, make hin go just harass Gelegelegbene people.......
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
In a Biafra Republic, Opobo will be connected to the mainland by a long bridge adapted for trains as well, and it will be the location for the busiest and most organised seaport in West Africa! Of course all this is dependent on if the want to come with us! Even if they remain an independent city-state, the cooperation between the two nations will still thrive! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Captain8:
why are they using Amayanabo Ijaw name for their throne and not eze?

Why are they calling God Tamuno and not chukwu or chineke?

why the compounds in Opobo have Ijaw names and not igbo?

Why are the Opobos in all Ijaw social cultural organizations like INC IYC LINO MOSIEND and not in Ohanaege ndigbo?

stopped been foolish

God is Chukwu in Opobo and Bonny.

King in Ijaw is Pere or whatever.
"Ama-Onye-nabo" is an Igbo word.

IYC, INC is a franchise. Any one can join.
The only requirement is to shout Aswana!

Thank you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

Just use egwu uche to follow such Ijaw agents. If you observe, since the agent is posturing not to be Igbo they kept speaking English to him, indirectly marking him as an outsider.

When one kept speaking to him in Igbo he had to reply in Igbo too, in another video. I deliberately did not detail what exactly was in these videos. Amam ihe m na-eme.

Ok.
See this Opobo group.
Though the usual Ijaw Invaders are there promoting their dead Ibani-Ijaw language.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3161308557461399&id=1821465908112344

3 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
More.

4 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

Ok.
See this Opobo group.
Though the usual Ijaw Invaders are there promoting their dead Ibani-Ijaw language.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3161308557461399&id=1821465908112344

Let me see what is inside lol.
Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

Let me see what is inside lol.

Do and tell me what you think.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by bomb24: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
[s]mk i dance opopbo dance for this hater small abeg

guy go and die

the language they speak is Igbo. They are igbos. their town is opobo....just like Mbeise people in IMO, nsukka in Enugu, ihiala people , obosi people in anambara...we cant say they speak nsuka or obosi or ihiala etc. they language they speak is Igbo.

take not that igbos have different dialect which are all still classified as Igbo language.

They are Igbo people.

The haters and political propagandists often post rubbish to disinform people online and write a wrong narrative but u cannot forcefully
separate brothers and sisters with each other, using lies and deceit to say rubbish. blood is thicker than water.

ndi nembe na opobo nine, onu nwebe anwuri, maka na anyi nine ga fu Biafra

BIAFRA BU NKE ANYI....

ANYI GA PU WITH NDI KALABAR NINE MAKA NA HA BU EZIGBO ONYI ANYI.

Ikwere kwenu
mbeise kwenu
nsukka kweinu
nembe kweinu
Agbor kwenu
Ibuzor kwenu

etc etc

Our great kalabar people, our true brothers, we are going home to the land of milk and honey. I love you all

Biafrans we move
[/s]

don't derail this thread wit your beautiful nonsense don't.
Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Captain8(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

God is Chukwu in Opobo and Bonny.

King in Ijaw is Pere or whatever.
"Ama-Onye-nabo" is an Igbo word.

IYC, INC is a franchise. Any one can join.
The only requirement is to shout Aswana!

Thank you.
you are a mumu man.....

I called you mumu man because Ijaws using two names for king Amayanabo and Pere.......

Amayanabo is used by Ijaws of akwa ibom, rivers, to bayelsa................. while Pere is used by Ijaws of ondo,edo, delta, to bayelsa.......

Amayanabo mean owner of town in Ijaw.........Pere mean a wealthy person in Ijaw.......

I called you unintelligent liar because you foolishly formed a lie saying ama onye nabo......how foolish you sound......

You are a clown as well......

4 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Captain8:
you are a mumu man.....

I called you mumu man because Ijaws using two names for king Amayanabo and Pere.......

Amayanabo is used by Ijaws of akwa ibom, rivers, to bayelsa................. while Pere is used by Ijaws of ondo,edo, delta, to bayelsa.......

Amayanabo mean owner of town in Ijaw.........Pere mean a wealthy person in Ijaw.......

I called you unintelligent liar because you foolishly formed a lie saying ama onye nabo......how foolish you sound......

You are a clown as well......

There are no Ijaws in Rivers, let alone Akwaibom.
Don't be foolish.
I don't know about Ondo and Edo, I will let those concerned to handle you.

Ama-Onye-nabo is not an Ijaw title or name.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

Do and tell me what you think.

I saw a beautiful display and a melodious rendition from the Igbo flute Oja. Very colorful.

Abohboy I find it hard to believe that Aboh was onced famed across the South for this beautiful boat regatta and yet it's been allowed to go into extinction. That's a big mess up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

I saw a beautiful display and a melodious rendition from the Igbo flute Oja. Very colorful.

Abohboy I find it hard to believe that Aboh was onced famed across the South for this beautiful boat regatta and yet it's been allowed to go into extinction. That's a big mess up.

Yes!
In one of their night gatherings, a boy was blowing a wonderful Oja, I swear I felt I was in my village already.
I wonder how Ijaws must detest these people for upholding these ancient Igbo traditions and mannerisms? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

Yes!
In one of their night gatherings, a boy was blowing a wonderful Oja, I swear I felt I was in my village already.
I wonder how Ijaws must detest these people for upholding these ancient Igbo traditions and mannerisms? grin

How did you know what I wanted to write about now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

Yes!

You see, Igbo culture is unique and powerful. It is exclusive where it needs to be and welcoming where it needs to be also.

The exclusive nature of this boat regattas and their overseeing masquerade societies make it impossible for Ijaw revisionism to penetrate no matter how much they try. Because once there is an external intrusion into the core of the culture it is no longer Nwaotam. It is dead! Hence this practice has endured, untouched from the pervasive Ijaw presence around. Truly Igbo amaka.

Let me hint you something. I observed in one Opobo group an Ijaw miscreant added an Ijaw theme to Nwaotam while advertising the cultural events for this Christmas. The effort failed woefully. People shunned the post like a plague.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by Igboid: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:

How did you know what I wanted to write about now

Lol!
It's common sense nah.
I know I would if in their shoes. grin
The feeling is like discovering that the child you have been feeding and paying his school fees is not yours and not only that, you discovered the father who was someone you hate.
And now each time you look at the child, he reminds you of his "real" father.
And you can't do anything about it.
You just know you are but a temporary custodian, because no matter what you do, the child is a replica of the father and would one day return to him. grin

That's the case of Ijaw and Opobo/Bonny.

8 Likes

Re: We Are Back In Opobo Again by SlayerForever: 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Igboid:

Lol!
It's common sense nah.
I know I would if in their shoes. grin
The feeling is like discovering that the child you have been feeding and paying his school fees is not yours and not only that, you discovered the father who was someone you hate.
And now each time you look at the child, he reminds you of his "real" father.
And you can't do anything about it.
You just know you are but a temporary custodian, because no matter what you do, the child is a replica of the father and would one day return to him. grin

That's the case of Ijaw and Opobo/Bonny.

Yet they foolishly persist!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Netahanyu Just Quoted New Testament. / Why Do Anambra Women End Up Being A Housewife Despite Their Education? / -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.