Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. (4248 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Invest In Cashew Farming And Get Returns For 50 Years / How To Start Cassava Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by saliubello(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2021
abouzaid:

If i'm to use this as an estimate, then it would cost me about two million to cultivate 50 acres of virgin farmland in Ibarapa area and the profit would be about two million. If it costs me three million to buy the 50 acres, then i can recoup my investment in two years. The profit margin is too good to be true.
abouzaid:

If i'm to use this as an estimate, then it would cost me about two million to cultivate 50 acres of virgin farmland in Ibarapa area and the profit would be about two million. If it costs me three million to buy the 50 acres, then i can recoup my investment in two years. The profit margin is too good to be true.
Kindly read over again perhaps you can understand what I wrote more appropriately.

My submissions are not financial outlay or projections. Neither are they call to action to open a new farm as you opined and concluded.

I am responsible for my opinions and submissions, so also you are responsible for your inference and conclusions. Where both merge or diverge are strictly of comprehension.

You are Very wrong to infer and conclude thus, it is the volatility in prices, the unpredictability of this types of projections and its attendant results that I seek to portray in my writing. Telling you prices can change with time/it will change per time but worse case scenarios you can't lose it all.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by TadeDetule: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hello please. Does anyone knows how easy it is to get tractor hired at Sagamu LG
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by saliubello(m): 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
As of today November 23rd 2021, the pickup load of cassava is N50,000

Surprised? No. Dont be surprised.
Bad for planning? No. Not bad at all.
Will I make my money back? Capital. YES
Will I make a profit? Sure. You will.
What percentage? Only demand and supply will determine.

Before May 2021 - N150,000
July 2021 - N70,000
November 2021 - N50,000

Cavert!!!
This is not an all gloom, gloomy tale. Looking closely at the figures, I see some interesting facts!
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by saliubello(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Will I still plant cassava??

Yes. I will plant and increase the acreage to 100acres if the resources is available without a blink.
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by Davedavy: 1:15am On Nov 26, 2021
Interesting read. Thanks op for the insight into cassava farming. If I may ask, if you have processed the cassava into gari would you have mitigated against the price volatility?
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by saliubello(m): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2021
Davedavy:
Interesting read. Thanks op for the insight into cassava farming. If I may ask, if you have processed the cassava into gari would you have mitigated against the price volatility?
No, I haven't tried making garri.
But I understand turning the cassava into elubo is another method used to store cassava when the sales price is ridiculously low. Of course this has its advantages too.
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by saliubello(m): 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
Price update:
Today December 16th 2021, the pick up load is N110,000
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by Epeegee(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2021
saliubello:
Price update:

At where sir,I heard it is 85,000 at igangan in oyo state
Re: Cassava Farming And Price Volatility - My 2021 Experience. by lastmessenger: 8:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
saliubello:
Price update:
will more profit be realised if one process it to garri or fufu? Assuming one has the time to do so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fairly Used Fish Plastic Tank Forsale / Need To Buy Cattle, Sheep And Goats For New Farm At Epe / Fish Ponds For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.